Sant Gurbachan Singh ji Bhindranwale's granths

tSingh

Not really a post but a comment.

Yesterday I finally got round to buying 'Gurmat Panth Darpan' and 'Sri Japiji Sahib Tika' both by Sant Gyani Gurbachan Singh ji Bhindranwale. I have read Gurmat Rehit Maryada which is good, but I have to say I am amazed by the Japji Sahib steek, it is so good.

But it also got me thinking how unbelievable some modern Taksalis are in light of his writings. Some individuals must simply not read this stuff on purpose! These are classic Nirmala works, drawing on puranic quotations, sakhis from purans, references to Pandit Ishar Singh Kashi wale's writings, Mukat Marg granth, Pandit Tara Singh Narotam's work, the infamous Gurbilas Patshahi Chevvin is quoted at a number of points.

I wish Baba Harnam Singh all the best in what seems to be holding firm to Bhindranwale and hence samprda traditions.

Yes, exactly Hari ji.

CSJS are a bit crap though. Usually I have to do my own searching in their own shop. Never listen to the sewaks there, they don't know what they're looking for usually. I uncovered this only copy, along with some other excellent stuff they'd claimed didn't exist over the email (typical) in the corner of the shop under lots of dust. Baba Harnam Singh seems to have reprinted 'Gurmat Path Darpan' which is useful.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I have to agree with Tsingh, my mother took my nanaji's copy (printed in 1967) and I've had it for literally 15 years, but when I go into it to see the depth of it...it is mindblowing the only thing that does throw me off though is whether the multiple arths are to be read as pauri 1 (1)...pauri 2 (1)....etc. or whether there is no real sequential order in thought. I like the explanation of gurparsaad.....excellent.

the tika is pretty much the transcribed version of the japji sahib katha on gurmatveechar.com by baba gurbachan singh. Listen to it if u cant find a copy to read. Listening will also save you hours of reading time as baba gurbachan singhs katha is very fast. Gyani takhur singhs katha of jap ji sahib is also similar to the steek.

GOOD NEWS

November the complete Teeka of Sant Giani Gurbachan SIngh Jis Katha will be released. The teeka like the original pothi is the audio katha transcribed with a lot of additional notes of vedant and footnotes which the gianis made when sant ji taught them.

Not long to wait now

GOOD NEWS

November the complete Teeka of Sant Giani Gurbachan SIngh Jis Katha will be released. The teeka like the original pothi is the audio katha transcribed with a lot of additional notes of vedant and footnotes which the gianis made when sant ji taught them.

Not long to wait now

Great news. Who is publishing this teeka? is it DDT Mehta?

GOOD NEWS

Not long to wait now

Can't wait....

The teeka will be published in India and it is up to the book stores abroad to import the copies they wish or intend to sell.

The Dasam Granth Paath Bodh was the sanpooran akhand path of the Dasam granth done prior to the 300 years of Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Jyoti Jyot. I have some of the speeches by the sant samaj at home which i recorded. The Paath was done by Mahapurkhs of the Sant samaj such as Baba Inderjeet SIngh Ji Rakbe Walae. Also alot of katha was done on the dasam granth including certain compositions such as the Anoop Kaur Charittar. I am not sure if the katha is being release but the paath will

Would you be willing to share the speeches and paath on Gurmatveechar.com or some other website ji?

I also strongly feel that the kathas on chritropakhyan done by Maskin ji and these mahapurkhs as well should be distributed for free at nagar kirtans to counter the propaganda that we've been seeing.

Not really a post but a comment.

Yesterday I finally got round to buying 'Gurmat Panth Darpan' and 'Sri Japiji Sahib Tika' both by Sant Gyani Gurbachan Singh ji Bhindranwale. I have read Gurmat Rehit Maryada which is good, but I have to say I am amazed by the Japji Sahib steek, it is so good.

But it also got me thinking how unbelievable some modern Taksalis are in light of his writings. Some individuals must simply not read this stuff on purpose! These are classic Nirmala works, drawing on puranic quotations, sakhis from purans, references to Pandit Ishar Singh Kashi wale's writings, Mukat Marg granth, Pandit Tara Singh Narotam's work, the infamous Gurbilas Patshahi Chevvin is quoted at a number of points.

I wish Baba Harnam Singh all the best in what seems to be holding firm to Bhindranwale and hence samprda traditions.

Can you get them in the UK? Can you download them?

But it also got me thinking how unbelievable some modern Taksalis are in light of his writings. Some individuals must simply not read this stuff on purpose! These are classic Nirmala works, drawing on puranic quotations, sakhis from purans, references to Pandit Ishar Singh Kashi wale's writings, Mukat Marg granth, Pandit Tara Singh Narotam's work, the infamous Gurbilas Patshahi Chevvin is quoted at a number of points...

can you give us any examples you have encountered with the modern taksalis?

and also Sant Gurbachans first schooling was with an Udasi Saadh, where he learnt the sanskrit texts before Gurbani, which probably explains this. Modern as you refer to them, Taksalis probably never had this luxury.

Edited by chatanga1