Raavans Teeka of Yujar Ved?

I was listening to Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindrawalaes Katha on the Salok Mahalla 9. On the Tuk

"Ram Gaiyo Raavan Gaiyo" towards the end they mention that Raavan was a great scholar and had written a teeka on the Yujar VEd which they had seen at Bhai Lachman Singh's house in Ambala. Does anyone know if this teeka still exists and if any copies of prints are about?

• 2 years later...

I was listening to Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindrawalaes Katha on the Salok Mahalla 9. On the Tuk

"Ram Gaiyo Raavan Gaiyo" towards the end they mention that Raavan was a great scholar and had written a teeka on the Yujar VEd which they had seen at Bhai Lachman Singh's house in Ambala. Does anyone know if this teeka still exists and if any copies of prints are about?

Old topic, but did you manage to find this granth?

I have another book which is supposedly by Ravan called Ravan Samhita, but it is mostly a jyotish text with some tantric material thrown in rather than a granth about spiritual matters.

Regards,

K.

Ravan was a great Vidhvaan, and is said to be the greatest Shiv Bhakt. He wrote the Shiv Stotra which is read by Bakts of Shiva.

Shiv Stotra:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnDoLi28_kY&feature=related

I don't think he was as bad as he is made out to be in Vaishnava Granths. In Sri Lanka and parts of South India he is still considered a hero.

Edited by Mithar

Ravan was a great Vidhvaan, and is said to be the greatest Shiv Bhakt. He wrote the Shiv Stotra which is read by Bakts of Shiva.

Shiv Stotra:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnDoLi28_kY&feature=related

I don't think he was as bad as he is made out to be in Vaishnava Granths. In Sri Lanka and parts of South India he is still considered a hero.

Yep. Whatever else he may have be, Ravana was expert in sadhana, political science, shastar vidiya, and astrology (hence the book named for him).

There are still some Brahmins in Rajasthan who do shraddh for him and claim that he was a devotee of Shiva also.

K.