Symbolism of Shiv Ling (or Shiva Linga) in Hinduism

"This video is taken from the Yug Pravah Video Magazine vol 95 (online) of All World Gayatri Pariwar (www.awgp.org). Sharad Pardhiji (the ... all » speaker) is a disciple of Yug Rishi Pandit Shriram Sharma Acharya who had done 24 Mahapurashcharnas (24 Lakh Gayatri mantra per year for 24 years) before founding All World Gayatri Pariwar and has written over 2700 life-transforming books touching all facets of human life. He was also a big proponent of Scientific Spirituality and has given references to scientific research from all over the world in many of his writings. He pioneered the revival of spirituality and creative integration of the modern and ancient sciences and religion, relevant in the challenging circumstances of the present times."

The video is in Hindi but has english subtitles, I found this very Interesting, take a look.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...003834905326157

• 3 weeks later...

The Linga originally was a tool for yogic science it was never an object for worship. I think there are only two or three remaining within India today that of any significance and power. The whole complex or temple that the Linga was built in was a science in itself lost today except for a handful who do still have the knowledge. Today we find a mix of two types of belief systems of devotional worship towards the Linga, this originally never happened.

Devotional worship being one method for example Sikhi, and the Linga towards another method more inline with yogic science.

Both towards the same goal ultimately.

I sometimes wonder why we don't see many new people on this website.

Then posts like pichai morai's self amusing/gratifying one above make things clear.

It's no surprise that majority of people of all backgrounds looking for 'Sikh Awareness' are attracted to other sites after seeing the nonsense that goes on here.

It's embarrasing that youngsters (7 years old >), elders, people from outside of Sikhi who stumble across this website have to see this nonsense, great impression they must get of Sikhs, backing up the Indian Stereotype - bunch of clowns.

I'm not saying that excellent discussions are not had here, and I have learnt lot's, it's just a sad situation that I am to ashamed to ask say a little cousin sister or outsider (Sikh) to come here for education, as the Moderators seem to have a very diverse sense of adult humour.

Suggestion to Mods, open a private thread for jesters and their admirers.

I sometimes wonder why we don't see many new people on this website.

Then posts like pichai morai's self amusing/gratifying one above make things clear.

It's no surprise that majority of people of all backgrounds looking for 'Sikh Awareness' are attracted to other sites after seeing the nonsense that goes on here.

It's embarrasing that youngsters (7 years old >), elders, people from outside of Sikhi who stumble across this website have to see this nonsense, great impression they must get of Sikhs, backing up the Indian Stereotype - bunch of clowns.

I'm not saying that excellent discussions are not had here, and I have learnt lot's, it's just a sad situation that I am to ashamed to ask say a little cousin sister or outsider (Sikh) to come here for education, as the Moderators seem to have a very diverse sense of adult humour.

Suggestion to Mods, open a private thread for jesters and their admirers.