Blind Faith & Sikhi

To have faith in something is a human neccessity, i have faith that my employer will pay my wages, that the supermarket will provide food etc etc. This faith is blind because you have no control over it. The best type of blind faith is to have faith in higher causes or faith in the principal of our actions. This is the only sensible blind faith to have as all other faith depends of causes arising outside of ones self. In sikhi faith in akaal is blind faith, but this blind faith is pure, it takes you out of the chakker. But to have true blind faith, which is blind faith without any questions, you must without fail answer all questions. Questions can be translated into doubts, the more questions you have the more unlucky you are, the more work you have to do to solve them. What i assume you mean by your blind faith is faith where all doubts are suppressed, because you must believe Guru Ji, to the letter. Well these days unfortunately we have many complications in our life due to the unnatural means of existing we have adopted, so these must be cleared before you can believe guru Ji otherwise you will make Guru Ji 'dirty' in your mind because you have not got rid of your doubts and complications, and have projected these onto Guru Ji. I have had my doubts and suppressing these through a fear that you are going against Sikhi or through 'faith' will make you into a psychopath. Vent your questions and doubts and dispel them with the light of vichaar. Do not let 'faith' create a wall between you and Guru Ji

• 11 years later...
On 7/9/2008 at 5:15 PM, Gangster said:

Does Sikhi say anything about blind faith?

Also....

Is it good to question religions as well as your own, while searching for answers?

On 7/9/2008 at 10:16 PM, Gangster said:

how do you get rid of doubts?

The best way to get rid of blind faith and  doubts , is by own personal experience.

And sikhee provides all the tools to do so.

No doubt sikhee is all about establishing a bond, a relationship of total love with the highest level of consciousness, the ultimate everlasting  and changeless Truth, to which First Patshahee right in the very beginning of the Bani calls it Sat Nam.

Jug Chaarae Naam Outham Sabadh Beechaar
Throughout the four ages, the Naam is the ultimate/Highest; reflect upon the Word of the Shabad
Raag Gauri Guaarayree

Sree Guru Amar Das Maharaj.

In the above verse, Guru Jee is telling us, that throughout the 4 yugas upon yugas, countless incarnations of trinties, gods, devtays, prophets may come and go, but, it is Nam alone, which is constant and changeless  throughout all the 4 yugas, thus beyond the parameters of time and space.  

The duty of the countless trinties is only to keep going on the nashvant creations, worlds, spheres. They come only to establish righteoousness when the weight of sins becomes too heavy, in our case, of Mother Earth.

That´s it.

The abode of the central deity of the trinities is Baikunth, very much under the realms of Maya, thus perishable in Parlay or Mahaparlay. Meanwhile, the abode of the ultimate Parbrahm Truth is  Sach Khand, which is far beyond the cycles of creations and dissolutions, thus eternal and changeless. It is Satnam what we have to look for alone, in order to escape from the clutches of maya and death, and become immortal, means we are not anymore subject to births and deaths.

And to this Truth of Satnam/Nam/Shabad/Amrit Bani/Sachee Bani/Dhur kee Bani...etc ... is the only reality to which we have to devote ourselves, for it is this very Power which will ferry us from the false and perishable creations/realms, to the eternal and changeless abode of that ultimate Truth, namely Sach Khand

This ultimate Truth as per Bani can be realized within the living temple of our human body, known also as Har mandir.

Now the thing is, that to realize Him within us is totally true, but at the same time it can never be done all by ourselves.

Nobody can ever succeed in doing so, unless He showers His kirpa on that particular jeev atma.

In that respect, almost all of us may have heard and read in Asa Ki War, the following verses:

Bin Satgur kinnay na paayo

Bis Satgur kinnay na paaya.

Moreover,  let us see what Sree Guru Ram Das is telling us in the following verse below:

ਜਨ ਊਪਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਧਾਰੀ ਮਿਲਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪਾਰਿ ਪਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ 

Jan Oopar Kirapaa Prabh Dhhaaree Mil Sathigur Paar Paraa ||1|| Rehaao ||

God has showered His Mercy upon His humble servant; meeting with the True Guru, he is carried across.

Mukat, bhugat, jugat tayree sayvaa, jis toon  aap karaa-ihi.
Liberation, comfort and proper lifestyle comes from devoting You; 
and that also, to whom you make him do it

Naanak ka-o parabh bha-ay kirpaalaa, Satgur pooraa paa-i-aa. 
God has become compassionate to Nanak; I have found the Perfect True Guru

Raag Soohee, Sree Guru Arjun Dev

ਜਿਨ ਕਉ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਹਰਿ ਮੇਲਹੁ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਤੇ ਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਏ ਸੰਤੋਖ ਗੁਰ ਸਰਾ ॥

Jin Ko Thumh Har Maelahu Suaamee Thae Nhaaeae Santhokh Gur Saraa ||

Those whom You unite with Yourself, O Lord and Master, bathe in the Guru's cleansing pool of contentment.

Now, the question arises how does Guru Jee ferry us across? 

Well, He says, you are too heavy with countless sins, I will surely make you cross to Sach Khand, but for that you have to get cleansed thoroughly from all your dirt accumulated upon your soul since you left Sach Khand eons ago.

For that purpose  Guru Jee gives us the soap of Nam, and the water of His grace, to wash away  all our impurities. 

Our daily devotion to Nam, which is constantly repeated again and again throughout the Bani, is that our cleansing thoroughly;  slowly, but for sure progressive, depending on how sincere we are in this our offering our love and devotion at His Lotus Feet, through Nam bhakti.

Prabh Ka Simran, manh kee mael jaaey, Prabh ka Simran garb na baseh.

Once we are cleansed from all our impurities and become spotless, and become fit to merge in Him,  Guru Jee extends His powerful arm to pull us and we board  the vessel of Nam, which carries us directly to Sach Khand, the True home of our True Father, Satnam.

Such is beauty and reality of the teachings of Guru Jee,namely Sikhee.

Stay blessed.

SSA.

• 5 weeks later...