The Worst Sikh Site Ever

Amrikingh

anti sangat

ohh i mean sikh sangat com

this is probably the most biased, pathethic admin ruled site i've been on

having a laugh seems "anti sikh" , it truly is pathetic

what makes it worse, is the amount of youths that go on there

they mutter about how muslim destroy our community

but they are doing exactly the same, there preaching of Sikhism is a really shallow minded one

and if sikh sangat admins are reading this, this is why sikhawareness is a better site, where all people are welcome who are DIFFERENT.

Its all about "panthic ekta" or unity, mate. What better way of unifying our youth than by creating a real or imagined external enemy! Its worked for all other communities, dictators and religious fundamentalists. Why not for us?

'We are better than them!', 'they are out to destry us!', 'we must keep our identity seperate.!'

How ironic that todays Sikhs need this mindless concept of 'Muslims/Islam is evil/our enemy' to unify them, when our Guru Sahiban used the complete opposite method to achieve unification.

Unification of mankind, not a racial, 'ethnic' or religious tribe.

Sikh Sangat i agree is not the best of sites out there, the youth that seem to be the most "extereme" are the ones who are just getting into Sikhi, were they just want everyone to be like them, slowly as they grow more and learn more they loose this shallow minded thinking. I myself was like that at one point.

Veechar is needed there.

I think most of the members of Sikh sangat are just kids who are in their early teens.

But I really don't see anything wrong in being aware of the threat of Islam to today's world. Islam of today is a very violent and aggressive form of Islam. Why be in denial and suppress the truth of this reality?

"Islam of today is a very violent and aggressive form of Islam."

Unlike the Islam of 500 years ago?

This is the exact problem - stereotyping and generalisation.

It is irresponsible comments like these that brainwash our already uneducated youth and turn them into 'Sikh Sangat" world police force.

There was a program on TV last week called the 'The Qu'ran'. I personally throught it was excellent (although very basic and maybe biased), showing the many, many understandings and faces of Islam, some ugly and some beautiful. Even within Sunni Islam, there are many views and opinions, I personally have many good Sunni friends who are extremely intelligent and open minded. It was only due to Bahadur Ali that ALL Sunni's got such a bad press here over the last few years, as apparently, 'there can only be the sword between Sunni and Shia'.

Fanatical idiots exist in all groups, not least of of ours.

"I think most of the members of Sikh sangat are just kids who are in their early teens."

And if you want to see what they turn into just look at the Khalistani bajurg that preach hate in Southall and train their young troops to abuse helpless Namdhari girls and beat up visiting Namdhari fathers (in front of their family) who were simply paying their respects to Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Shaheediya, well I guess if one wants to be politically correct, then yes Islam is all about peace, tolerance and respect for differing beleifs and faiths. Muslims are the most peace loving people in the entire world and who ever days they arent, they are Islamophobes and racists because the religion of peace cannot and should not be insulted.

Political correctness is priceless isn't it?

And if you want to see what they turn into just look at the Khalistani bajurg that preach hate in Southall and train their young troops to abuse helpless Namdhari girls and beat up visiting Namdhari fathers (in front of their family) who were simply paying their respects to Aad Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Most Sikh youth during their teenage years are sometimes very enthusiastic. But those same Sikh youth who are very over enthusiastic are usually the ones who don't have any Amritvela, listen to western or Kala music, don't read their Nitnem daily. Basically they are no different from their Mona counter parts in terms of their jeevan. They are Sikh by appearence rather then lifestyle. But most grow out of it, and focus on religious matters once they enter their 20s.

But the Khalistani Bujurgs are real villains. Although I respect the Shaheeds, but the Khalistani Bujurgs who live in western countries are the biggest villains I have seen. These guy are the biggest supporters of Kala Afghana in the west because they happen to be so Hindu phobic and plus they are the biggest opponents of Dasam Bani and Sikh traditions.

The really lame thing about it is, every thread you post, only they can allow the posts to be shown, which i think defeats the purpose of having a forum!

if they can't accept people who are different with different opinions and with individuals with a more open minded view on life with approach to certain things in a different manner, then they shouldn't call the site sikh sangat.

THe trend of a violent Political Religion is not just with Islam. SIkhs and other religions are also jumping on the bandwagon. Just look at the Khalistani issue, anti-Ram Rahim/Radhasoami or any other minority groups that mainstream Sikhs dislike and victimize. Look at the Piara Singh (Bhavsagar Granth) attacks by Tyarbar Tyar Singhs; Birmingham Rep Theatre protests. And many more troubles created (, inmy opinion) by Sikhs.

Instead of following a spiritual path we are playing the 'them and us' Power Game. Believe me when I say SIkhism of today is a violent and aggresive form of Sikhism too. Just take a look at your local temple on Sundays or pop down to Central London in early JUne to watch the '1984' tamasha that takes place there.

Ram Rahim, Radhasoami and Piara bhaniarawala are not just 'minority groups' Veer Ji. They openly spew lies and disrespectful statements about our Gurus.

Guru Ji gave us Shastar for a reason - Maharaj Ji themselves say not to listen to Nindya of your Guru and to 'paet' Kirpan to those who engage in it.

What do you suggest? Sit back like fatalists and do nothing? Where is your 'anakh' ? There are many types of jung nowadays people don't attack you face to face, they do it behind your back using deceit.

We need to stand up for what is right.

"Most Sikh youth during their teenage years are sometimes very enthusiastic. But those same Sikh youth who are very over enthusiastic are usually the ones who don't have any Amritvela, listen to western or Kala music, don't read their Nitnem daily. Basically they are no different from their Mona counter parts in terms of their jeevan. They are Sikh by appearence rather then lifestyle. But most grow out of it, and focus on religious matters once they enter their 20s."

Substitute Sikh for Muslim here and you have no difference.

I disagree that 'most' grow out of it. I know too many 30/40/50 years old who are still mindless brain eating zombies they were 20 years ago.

Of course some blessed Sikhs will grow out of it, but I feel it is foolish to give estimates.

Veer Mithr Ji, I am not having a personal dig at your comments, but the general hate filled ethos that has diseased the Panth today, against both Hindu and Islamic people/faiths.

There are many millions of Sufi, Shia and Sunni Muslims around the world that live very peaceful and honest lives - there are of course fanatical hotbeds like Saudi etc, but we shouldn't tarnish all with the same brush.

I have been around areas where the concentrated and notorious filth/fanatical element of the UK Muslim youth live i.e. areas of Walsall, Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Leicester, Slough etc, but even here, I have known some amazing and in fact inspiring Muslims who encouraged me and other friends to take and preserve Khalsa saroop and follow rehit etc.

It's such a shame that many of us ignore our Guru's history and fail to understand Gurbani and our Guru's interaction/relations with Muslims.

We only have to look at old Sikh groups i.e. Nanak Shahi (Muslim) Sikhs, Nanak Panthi (Hindu) Sikhs etc to understand our Guru Sahibans egalitarian ethos.

Our Guru's taught against hypocrisy and misinterpretation of Sanatan/Abrahamic faiths - not against them per se.

In no way do I support PC'ness, I support the truth as I understand as per Guru Sahibans example.

Jattboot,

Common! how are Radhaswamis, Bhanyarawala and Ram Rahim minority and victims?

Although we have our differences with the Radhaswamis, but at least they are a peaceful people, who I might add don't get harrassed in Punjab by hardcore Singhs.

But the Bhanyarawala and Ram Rahim themselves tried to mess with the Sikhs which is why they faced a violent backlash. They are no victims.

The Radhaswamis are smart. They have seen what happens when you mess with Sikhs. They see the examples of Bhanyarawala and the recent violent clash between the Ram Rahim Dera and Sikhs.

Radhaswamis in comparison are most active at the heartland of militant type Sikhs i.e. Majha area. The fact that Radhaswami deras are all over Punjab and especially Majha is proof they are not a persecuted bunch.

But yes, we oppose them because they misuse Gurbani to support their DehDhari GuruGadhi, but they are not persecuted. Many people don't know this, but the Ram Rahim Dera and the Noormahalia Dera of Ashutosh are an offshoot of the Radhaswami beas dera, just as DhirMalias and RamRaiyas were an off shoot of the Sikhs.

some harsh judgements on sikhsangat.com guys. I don't think its quite that black and white.

Sikhsangat.com started around Sikhawareness.com went through many transitions. Back in the time it was started it was more like akjsangat.com then turning point occured where main admin of sikhsangat- s1ngh snatched the sikhsangat.com from waheguroo.com who based on their idealogy on akj..!

As far as freedom of speech is concerned, overall if i compare sikhsangat back then to now, its a huge improvement. Every sikh forum has up and downs, key points.. no forum is 100% perfect including sikhawareness.com.

At this point sikhsangat is improving.. forum is quite busy lot of misguided youth posting stuff away before thinking....so easily many questionable posts can slip through by looking at moderators standpoint, they don't have all day to sit on the computer and moderate. they also have a personal/social/spiritual life.

Even though new moderators are doing seva, i don't think they can be good as three old school moderators there on the forum who have many years of expereince. However, I do beleive new moderators are not being trained properly...thats also one of the factors where questionable/fascist/racist stuff is slipping right through.

sikhsangat.com is probabaly one of the best sikh forums on the net in terms of the knowledge disseminated by some of the knowledgeable people. as for how it is spread, they do need to temper their passion a bit...

well i think we need a sikh site mixed with the amounts of knowledge put sikhsangat but with the unbiased tolerance of sikhawareness.

For me, sikhsangat is something I use for fun basically to annoy extermist peoples lol Damn I have fun on there, making them build up pent up rage on sikhsangat.

They can't even handle chatka meat and chatka pictures on that site. They aren't that nihang friendly on there. Also I heard that they're pro AKJ.

Also I see a lot of hatred towards hindus on there.

lol@ in terms of knowledge, sikhsangat....not true

at the end of the day, all of us could have immense knowledge, but its up to the individual to take on board how that can improve ones life, how you can help others with it.

pointless having knowledge when you don't know how or where to apply it

pointless quoting me things without reasoning why or blocking peoples posts without giving them a chance to express what they are about and what their side of the story is,

i'm not bitching, i'm just telling how it is when you visit that site

and the likeliness of me visiting that site, is never again.

Generalisations either by 'us' or 'them' are illogical.......

Your posts on that or this forum (which are privately paid for and not public property) only get blocked if you are under 'moderation' for some reason or the other.

I agree with Xylitol - you can choose to learn a lot from there or choose to react to the few clowns that are there to wind you up.

That site along with tapoban and R4G were also on the scotland yard's blacklist as hate sites about a year ago when some numbnut brainless drones decided to start 'rescuing' Granth Sahibs from people who do their Paths. Not sure how it is now but I guess once you make the list it takes a while to get off it especially with the kind of people on there.

btw, my knowledge comment was referring to level of knowledge in comparison with other sikh forums online. just wanted to clarify.

R4G refers to Respect for Guru Granth Sahib Campaign. These people highlight incidents of beadbi and try to stop them by removing the saroop. in some cases they (or from what I've heard, people who took it upon themselves to represent them) go overboard. Eg. preventing maharaj's saroop from being taken to an elementary school gym to educate kids about sikh dharm.

That site along with tapoban and R4G were also on the scotland yard's blacklist as hate sites about a year ago when some numbnut brainless drones decided to start 'rescuing' Granth Sahibs from people who do their Paths. Not sure how it is now but I guess once you make the list it takes a while to get off it especially with the kind of people on there.

well you were hardly likely to understand thier seva,mr.fateh.