The Worst Sikh Site Ever

Amrikingh

well i would love it if this site or a similar one could be popularised like sikhsangat. BEcause here you at least get to learn historical knowledge, not just push anything down someones throat.

The downside is when sikhawareness randomly goes offline now and then for periods of days and maybe weeks? I reckon a lot of people are lost due to this,and people probably end up on extremists sites instead due to thrist for knowledge.

I wouldn;t be surprised if one of those sites ended up with someone blowing up a mandir or indian embassy, because I have seen people become wackjobs.

Also since the other sites are on blacklist, do you reckon its wise for me to have an account on sites liek sikhsangat, because i am slighlty worried?

What black list are you guys talking about? is there an online site I can see this black list if it even exists?

But I agree with alot of you. Sikhawareness is the best. I think that Sikhsangat is full of small kids who get angry very easily.

the registration feature of sikhawareness needs to be eased up a bit. one wrong move on identifying those numbers leads to an eternity of agonizing frustration. :) I think people give up trying to register sometimes b/c of this.

also, we could occasionally take some of the better threads from this forum, and continue them on sikhsangat and other forums. I imagine many SS members would appreciate the deeper insight to be gained on some issues from this forum. Especially some of the topics from the past.

Mithr, when some re-born, ill-educated 2-year old goodsikhs started using their own mind instead of the teachings of the Satgurus they claim to believe in and started stopping people who legitimately (as per historical lineages in certain cases) use the Sri Adi Granth Sahib for better understanding of the Guru's Hukam from doing so, and went as far as acting like muslim talibans cursing and even beating up senior citizens twice or thrice their age, a complaint was rightly filed with the police. At that time it was learnt that the scotlandyard already had those sites under it surveillance after the regretful arrest of the misguided youths.

I have no problem with, and in fact would encourage their initial move to stopping the taking the Adi Granth Sahib to do parkash in places where meat/alcohol is served. But as others have mentioned, some of the youths didn't know where to draw the line and went wayyy over-board. Thankfully it seems someone has spoken to them and they are now exercising adequate common sense.

At the same time, however, it is rather something to think about, specifically for those claiming in the Granth Sahib as their Guru, that if they believe their Guru is 'Patit Pavan' and the same as the ten Gurus, then perhaps in the same way Guru Nanak was himself in the presence of thousands of immoral people that he converted to the righteous path throughout his life, should those who claim in Granth Sahib as their Guru not have enough Sharda to also accept that their Guru is doing the same and spreading knowledge to those immoral people who eat meat/drink alcohol?

To the Namdharis atleast we believe this to be the case that it is infact the lack of reading/hearing Gurbani these days that has brought the Namdharis and Sikhs in general to the situation they are in. But ofcourse I appreciate the other side of the argument as well that most of those meat-eating/liquor drinking folks at wedding halls who usually pull a 420 stunt of growing their beards only for that one day are probably not the least capable of understanding Gurbani anyway, just like most Sikh youths these days regrettably, so in those cases it might be better to 'stop the bleeding' so to speak.

With all due respect Fateh Singh Ji, you seem to be comparing apples to pears.

Whilst I don't agree with unnecessary violence and disrespect of the older generation, respect is something that it earned.

There is a difference between doing parchaar in "bad" environments and apparent Gursikhs getting drunk in large numbers whilst gorging themselves on a nice variety of flesh a few metres away from Sat-Guru's pavitar hazuri. There is also a difference between parchaar and taking Sat-Guru to a hotel to fullfill some silly little girls fairytale wedding whilst the DJ's are setting up below, and meat and alchohol is being layed out on al the tables beneath Shabd-Guru.

Whilst I agree with your identification of some over-zealous youths (who from what I heard retaliated to drunk and proud Punjabi middle aged idiots swearing at them and starting to chuck chairs at them), the example of parchaar in ill environments is not relevant to this topic.

Silence, no need to be so rude.

There is nothing clever, brave or Gurmat about insulting someone elses teachers/beliefs - particularly beliefs that they have been born to, as you have your beliefs.

Baba Jagjit Singh does not teach Namdharis anything bad - he ensures they follow age old Sikh traditions like Simran, Kirtan, NITNEM etc - and commands the respect of all his followers in doing so - in my opinion it is no different to a traditional Gursikh having a Vidya-Guru (although of course to Namdhari's it means much, much more).

We should accord him the repect of a positive role model and bajurg who promotes Guru's teachings, even if we don't agree with his position and his inherited version of history - that is Parmatmas khel.

Without genuinely trying to sound patronising, ignorant or offensive, I sincerely hope that one day, various facets of the Panth will reunite i.e. AKJ, Namdhari, Nihangs etc and reach a common belief/understanding and mutual respect/tolerance. This will not only preserve existing puratan traditions which have been preserved and practiced by seperate groups, it will enable all factions of the panth to be educated in all of them without barrier or social barriers.

Silence, no need to be so rude.

There is nothing clever, brave or Gurmat about insulting someone elses teachers/beliefs - particularly beliefs that they have been born to, as you have your beliefs.

Baba Jagjit Singh does not teach Namdharis anything bad - he ensures they follow age old Sikh traditions like Simran, Kirtan, NITNEM etc - and commands the respect of all his followers in doing so - in my opinion it is no different to a traditional Gursikh having a Vidya-Guru (although of course to Namdhari's it means much, much more).

We should accord him the repect of a positive role model and bajurg who promotes Guru's teachings, even if we don't agree with his position and his inherited version of history - that is Parmatmas khel.

Without genuinely trying to sound patronising, ignorant or offensive, I sincerely hope that one day, various facets of the Panth will reunite i.e. AKJ, Namdhari, Nihangs etc and reach a common belief/understanding and mutual respect/tolerance. This will not only preserve existing puratan traditions which have been preserved and practiced by seperate groups, it will enable all factions of the panth to be educated in all of them without barrier or social barriers.

I agree, this is why bhai kahn singh nabha writes:

Especially when bhai kahn singh nabha writes:

"When the Sikhs, the Nihangs, Sehaj Dhari, Nirmalla's, Namdharis, and Udasi's see themselves as the sons of the same father. The Gurudwara reform movement would be over"