How did Krishna die?

I think that he just needed an excuse to end his worldly body and the hunter's arrow was that excuse.

this is exactly what i heard in katha .

The hunter was non other than an incarnation of Bali, the monkey warrior. Bali had a grudge against Bhagwaan Ram Chander for hiding from him and killing him. Bhagwaan consoling Bali on his death-bed sais that in treta jug, i will atone for this and you will hide from me and kill me.

in treta Bhagwaan Krishan was lying down and the hunter whos name i think was phandak hiding in some bushes shot and killed him thinking he was something else.

But s mithr says this was just an excuse reallly to end his own life.

Just as in Sat Jug, Bhagwaan Vishnu gives Narad Muni a monkeys face and "earns " a sraap from him that he will lose his wife. Vishnu knows that in Dwapar the killing of ravan is paramount and so all the karma seems to be working to ensure that.

According to Gurbani, the man who shot Krishna was liberated and given mukhti, so as others have stated on this site, it might have been an excuse for Krishna Maharaj to leave earth, and the man who shot him had no karma attached to him afterwards.

according to a gospel that was released last year, Judas had the same role in the crucifiction of Christ. it was a part of the plan, that Judas was to deliver Jesus to the romans so that they could crucify him, and he was a beloved of Jesus all through

ek hai, anek hai, ant ko fir ek hai... whats the fuss about

The fuss is about the 'anek hai'. They agree that 'ek hai'. Ask anyone and they will say God is one...but it is 'my' God that is that one, not yours or theirs. It is My One God and My One Path to that MY ONE GOD is the only way and this MY ONE GOD is the sole manifestation proof (in written text) of his existence and I (Religion) with MY ONE GOD has the sole knowledge of how to reach him.

People don't see the multitude of his reflections in different fashion, form and expression. Limited views, limited minds can only see the narrow paths to the one who is found in the fields of limitless mind.

We seek the one with the mind who cannot be found with the mind. We seek words, justification to support our position, our egos, our biased viewpoints when the one who we seek does not speak in the language of the mind.

This noise of the mind is just an excuse so you can feel the need to be silent. So you can understand the necessity of going silent. The noise is there so you can crave the need to be noiseless, to be free of thoughts, to be free of labels, to be free of our false identity. The Noise is there to make you aware of that which you are missing, just as Pain is there so you can appreciate the experience the pleasure.

What do we do, we feed the noise with more noise and think that somehow we have reached clarity of noise. If thought is Noise, then even the thought of God is NOISE.

i probably went offtopic, but just thought i'd add some more noise.

• 4 years later...

this is exactly what i heard in katha .

The hunter was non other than an incarnation of Bali, the monkey warrior. Bali had a grudge against Bhagwaan Ram Chander for hiding from him and killing him. Bhagwaan consoling Bali on his death-bed sais that in treta jug, i will atone for this and you will hide from me and kill me.

in treta Bhagwaan Krishan was lying down and the hunter whos name i think was phandak hiding in some bushes shot and killed him thinking he was something else.

But s mithr says this was just an excuse reallly to end his own life.

Just as in Sat Jug, Bhagwaan Vishnu gives Narad Muni a monkeys face and "earns " a sraap from him that he will lose his wife. Vishnu knows that in Dwapar the killing of ravan is paramount and so all the karma seems to be working to ensure that.

I have also heard the one where the hunter shoots some soft of jewel in Sri Krishna's foot, which kills him?!

• 3 months later...

There is one more Story.
In Mahabharat, Ghandhari mother of Duryodhan; she was the great devotee of Lord Shiva and since her marriage with Blind Dhritrastara, to show the respect toward her blind husband, she vow not to open her eyes for whole life. She tie a cloth to close her eye and remained like this through out her life.By her full devotion to Lord Shiva, she got a boon, that for the first time when ever she open her eye and to whom so ever she will see first, that persons body will become of Vajra (no weapon can cut his body)
At the end of Mahabhart war, Ghandhari was very sad and angry by the loss of most of her 100 sons, and she blame Lord Krishna for this as she knew it was Lord Krishna who was behind Pandavas victory.
At the end of the war when Duryodhan was to fight Bheem, Gandhari call Duryodhan to come to her room at mid night with no cloth on the body, as she will open her eye and see Duryodhan her son and make his body of Vajra.But at that night when Dhuryodhan was going towards her mother room with out any cloth, Lord Krishna meet him in between, and ask him the reason for walking like this, Duryodhan told same thing to Lord Krishna, guessing the consequences of this Lord Krishna fooled Duryodhan, that how can you as a grown up man can go in front of you mother with out any cloth it will be very shameful for you and your mother.Duryodhan thinking the same thing as correct, put banana leafs around his lower body and gone in front of his mother, as Gandhari open her eye she saw Duryodhan fully naked, with only banana leafs arround his lower body.By this Duryodhan full body turned to Vajra except the lower part of his body from his waist to thigh.As the result Bheem killed Duryodhan by breaking his thighs.
By knowing Duryodhan death, Gandhari lost all her cool and cursed Lord of Lord Sri Krishna that he and his whole yadav vansh will die.Sri Krishna is a God himself and no curse can touch him, but as a noble Lord he understand the pain of a mother who lost her all sons, he mercifully accepted Gandhari's Curse
And then to respect the same curse he died at the hand of this hunter which was the incarnation of Bali, and even his whole city Dwarika submerged into the ocean killing all the Yadavas.
Jai Sri Krishna..I love you my Lord!!