Knights Templar

SURYADEV

A few weeks ago there was an interesting documentry (Channel 5 , UK)about a group of Christian warriors.

The Knights Templar existed at the time of the Crusades in the Holy Land. They were men who dedicated their lives to God and their organisation. They had no personal possesions, would not marry.

They were in existance over 200yrs with centres in most parts of Europe, gained immense wealththrough trade, banking etc. Programme stated they had more wealth and money in Normandy than the whole of England did! They answered to no man but the Pontiff in Rome.

Eventually they were destroyed by the jealous French emporer. The senior knights in their Parisian HQ arrested on trumpped up charges of heresy.

I could not help but think of of similarities with Nihang Dals of old (sans bhang).

Do any of you guys know anything more of this holy order??

They cannot be compared to Nihang Daals - who came in to creation at the blessing of God manifest. Knights Templar - were simply an order of Christian Knights employed/asked to serve to protect pilgrims on their passage to the Holy Land. Their greed and power got the better of them in a very short time. They were not divinely ordained - and served a simple politician and business man in the form of the Rome. It was all a big romantic world domination dream - which ended in blood and tears.

Other than that, all Warrior groups have similarities - a divine object, rules of conduct, uniform, rituals etc etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Lol, that must have been the real reason why Rome had them exterminated!

The mystery is finally solved - hope Dan Brown is taking note!

But if we look into the real arth of the matter - Hazrat Isa must have been a Shia - so automatically his latter day 'Singhs' were the same by default..

Bunch of clowns.

• 2 weeks later...

Shaheediyan wrote:

"Lol, that must have been the real reason why Rome had them exterminated!

The mystery is finally solved - hope Dan Brown is taking note!

But if we look into the real arth of the matter - Hazrat Isa must have been a Shia - so automatically his latter day 'Singhs' were the same by default..

Bunch of clowns."

I guess rejecting the cross three times and honouring a picture of a severed head called Baphomet and putting pentagramms on tombstones and making alliances with Assassins and Ibn Qasi is Shaheediyan's idea of classic Catholicism...

Maybe I misread the acts of the Templar's trial when I studied it back in my Ancient French classes in Paris...

clown...

I've always thought that the reason the knights templar were killed off is because the order was more powerful and wealthier than any of the kings of Europe. The knights templar were not only powerful militarily but also were in the money lending business because of which they accumulated alot of wealth and land. Monarchs like the King of France owed alot of money to the knights templar, so instead of paying them, he decided to finish them off.

Plus some say the Germanic warrior order of the Teutonic knights were also very jealous of the power and influence of the knights templar, so they also encouraged the extermination of the knights templar. I don’t think their religious beliefs had anything to do with their extermination. After all, they were commissioned by the Pope. It’s usually always about money or power no matter where you go in the world.

Mithar wrote:

"I've always thought that the reason the knights templar were killed off is because the order was more powerful and wealthier than any of the kings of Europe. The knights templar were not only powerful militarily but also were in the money lending business because of which they accumulated alot of wealth and land. Monarchs like the King of France owed alot of money to the knights templar, so instead of paying them, he decided to finish them off.

Plus some say the Germanic warrior order of the Teutonic knights were also very jealous of the power and influence of the knights templar, so they also encouraged the extermination of the knights templar. I don’t think their religious beliefs had anything to do with their extermination. After all, they were commissioned by the Pope. It’s usually always about money or power no matter where you go in the world.

"

We have the full transcripts of the trials in which Jacques de Molay admitted to heretical practices without having gone though any torture. I am not saying that the Templars were Shi'a. But there is no doubt that they incorporated elements of Nizari Shi'ism in their organisation (they were organised exactly like the Assassins: see Wasserman's Militia of Heaven about Templars and Assassins). They were accused of having been influenced by Islamic practices this is what the acts of the trial say. Now of course this served the French king's interest no doubt.

The order did survive officially in Portugal renamed as the order of Christ with their center in Tomar. Their tombstones had pentagramms on them instead of crosses which is highly unusual in Christendom, they had an extensive library filled with Jewish and Islamic estoric literature among other heterodox things-