History of Sri Hazoor Sahib

Malwe Da Sher

• 4 years later...

If Panth Prakash is anything to go by, it suggests that Banda singh was Amritdhari but then slowly started to revert back to his old Vaishnav tendencies later on.

?????

^^

I think the above can be explained by the fact that people may have been in awe of, and actually quite scared of Banda Singh, who appeared (to them) to have powerful supernatural abilities. The fear/nervousness he might have inspired, amongst apnay, is maybe what you are reading above? So Bhangu records the hearsay of Sikhs under severe pressure who do not understand and even fear their leader to some extent. These rumours get amplified and exaggerated over time.

I disagree that it is in contempt of him. I recall reading a later section where Singhs were getting shoved around helter-skelter and Bhangu records their regret at having abandoned Banda and some of them (if I recall rightly) even put their current plight as a result of abandoning him and state that they would not have been in their current position had Banda still been around?

Thing is, Bhangus family is too close too events to have completely concocted what we read. It is based on something, some misunderstanding. Some differences that caused a split possibly? What it points at is a fear and alienation from Banda by at least some Singhs maybe?

• 11 months later...

^^

I think the above can be explained by the fact that people may have been in awe of, and actually quite scared of Banda Singh, who appeared (to them) to have powerful supernatural abilities. The fear/nervousness he might have inspired, amongst apnay, is maybe what you are reading above? So Bhangu records the hearsay of Sikhs under severe pressure who do not understand and even fear their leader to some extent. These rumours get amplified and exaggerated over time.

I disagree that it is in contempt of him. I recall reading a later section where Singhs were getting shoved around helter-skelter and Bhangu records their regret at having abandoned Banda and some of them (if I recall rightly) even put their current plight as a result of abandoning him and state that they would not have been in their current position had Banda still been around?

Thing is, Bhangus family is too close too events to have completely concocted what we read. It is based on something, some misunderstanding. Some differences that caused a split possibly? What it points at is a fear and alienation from Banda by at least some Singhs maybe?

Do we know anything about the Bhangus before Mehtab Singh? Thats how far back Bhangu traces his lineage.