Who is the head of Nanaksar?

dsd108

I went to Gurdwara Nanaksar the main one in Jagraon and there is still alot of confusion about this. Most of the Sangat there was saying it is Baba Kundan Singh Ji.

Here in U.K some Sangat saying it is Baba Gurdev Singh Ji. And on the internet i found out alot of Sangat also believes in Baba Sadhu Singh ji.

These were all former sewadars of the mighty sage of Nanaksar Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji. But i also read this (needs some clarifying):

One day Sant Baba Ishar Singh Jee was at Jhoraran. There was Bhai Bawa Singh Jee, Jathedar Mukhtiar Singh Jee, Gurdev Jee and couple of other people in the room. Suddenly Baba Jee said, Bawa let us give you something today. Or you all will say that I gave you nothing and told you nothing. Every one was surprised. Bhai Bawa Singh Jee started laughing thinking it is a joke. Sant Baba Ishar Singh Jee again said, let us do the formal Rasam (ceremony) or else you will doubt it in the future. Baba Jee asked Bawa to bring a Dastar (turban), Kesar, Mishree, Narial (Coconut) and sweets for distribution. Bawa Singh Jee went inside and brought every thing as per Baba Jee’s instructions. Baba Jee then asked Gurdev Jee who was sitting quietly, by calling him as Thakur Jee, to come close and spread your Chola. Gurdev Jee obeyed and Baba Jee poured every thing in his lap. Baba Jee then dissolved the Kesar and gave a Tilak on Gurdev Jee’s forehead and called him “Thakur Jee, Thakur Jee†2-3 times. Thus Master changed the Sewak in to Thakur, and Sewak was in tears, full of appreciation and love for the Master. Baba Jee then ordered Gurdev Jee to tie the Dastar on his head and asked every one to bow to him. Thus Baba Jee transformed his most capable Sewak to Thakur Jee.

It is all the Bhahnaa of Vaheguru. If the current successors are as bhagtiwalay as Sant Ishar Singh jee, then they should all cooperate to make the sampradhah even better. I wish Nanaksar could also spread out in other parts of India. This Sampradhah has great potential to spread Sikhi since alot of Kamaiwalay Singh are in it.

Prachar can only have it's desired effect of the one doing Prachar is also a Bhagtiwala. I bet if Nanaksar were to do Prachar all over India, Sikh population would double in no time.

Yes , there is no single head of Nanaksar right now after Sant Ishar Singh Ji.

All the mahapurakhs were given separate responsibilities to take care of.

Nevertheless the Mahapurash in the past and present have intense kamais.

Just like a Gardener can grow different flowers with different fragrances , similarly you can say different sewadars were or are flowers cultivated by Sant Ishar Singh ji. It is not upto us to judge who has more kamai or who is at what avastha.

And the story about Baba Gurdev ji is a false propaganda done by his sewaks , this was confirmed by a sewadar of Sant Ishar Singh ji himself in my presence.

• 6 years later...

SSa,

I have one question. Should we call Gurudwara Nanaksar or Dera Nanaksar? Where there is Nishaan Sahib, that place known as Gurudwara. 

For example Nanaksar in Delhi known as Gurudwara Nanaksar. But it should called Dera Nanaksar.

I am sorry if I have written something unfair and wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

After Baba Ishar Singh Ji Maharaj, no one was formally given seva of Nanaksar, although numerous will claim that. Baba Ishar Singh ji announced that there is a football in the middle and only the one who will fulfill fundamental requirements will be able kick the football, means inherit seva, and there was none. Baba Ishar Singh Ji in order to clear the confusion, prophesied that he will be back. He was implying that someone eligible and capable based on his own Bhagti, will born in the USA and take over whole Nanaksar seva. Baba Nand Singh Ji already warned that kalyug has arrived in white cholas, we have seen rampant misuse of Sampradaye Bana. Nonetheless, Nanaksar remained Bhakti dha Ghar pinnacle of puratan maryada with lot of naam simaran going on individually and collectively. 

And the story about Baba Gurdev ji is a false propaganda done by his sewaks , this was confirmed by a sewadar of Sant Ishar Singh ji himself in my presence.

​Did the sewadaar seem to be of high avastha? Not all people who live close or do seva of saints are of high avastha. I personally know of a person, who lived many years with a brahamgyani, but does not seem to be of high avastha.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

​Did the sewadaar seem to be of high avastha? Not all people who live close or do seva of saints are of high avastha. I personally know of a person, who lived many years with a brahamgyani, but does not seem to be of high avastha.

Bhul chuk maaf

​The person I am talking about is Baba Bhajan Singh Ji Raonte/Patiala wale. He is kind of Gurbhai of Baba Gurdev Ji, Baba Narain Singh, Baba Sadhu Singh etc.

His duty was at Bhai Ki Samadh which is the main center of Baba Gurdev Ji. He was asked to do parchar that shakti of Baba Ishar Singh Ji is in Baba Gurdev Ji. He refused to do so ..this further led to much dispute over the land of Bhai Ki Samadh..which eventually led to Baba Narain Singh involved, & murder of 22 people, a typical Jatt land dispute was the end result. Those were difficult times, so much politics over gaining control of Nanaksar happened, now the things seem to have calmed down. 

Now Baba Bhajan Singh ji is of a high avastha, listening to his personal experiences such as having darshan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji when he first saw Baba Ishar Singh Ji, having a meeting with Baba Fareed Ji when he had a thought of how fareed looked like , performing year long sampat path in a bhora & having darshan of Baba Ishar Singh Ji etc etc. 

The shakti of Baba Ishar Singh Ji was beyond comprehension. People had darshan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji from Him , including 3 of my extended family members, and many other devout followers. Hindu Bhagats had darshan of Shri Krishna in the body of Baba Ishar Singh Ji. Once someone asked Baba Nand Singh Ji about Nihkalank avtar, Baba Nand Singh ji pointed towards Baba Ishar Singh ji doing sewa in langar. The pujari at Hazoor Sahib didn't allow Baba Ishar Singh Ji to do sewa of the inside. When the pujari opened the locks in the morning , he had darshan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji standing besides Baba Ishar Singh ji. As a a gratitude, pujari singh offered a small kirpan as gift to Baba Ji which is still kept somewhere. During the 1965 Ind vs China, sikh soldiers who were Nanaksar sangees had visions of Baba Ji wielding Khanda and doing sodha of Chinese army. Such was the shakti of Baba Ishar Singh Ji. 

So I doubt that shakti is present in someone in a pargat form, maybe in a Gupt form. Maybe the time will come when it is revealed, who knows when. 

I only share what I have heard from my close ones, I am ignorant and personally have no experience!

​The person I am talking about is Baba Bhajan Singh Ji Raonte/Patiala wale. He is kind of Gurbhai of Baba Gurdev Ji, Baba Narain Singh, Baba Sadhu Singh etc.

His duty was at Bhai Ki Samadh which is the main center of Baba Gurdev Ji. He was asked to do parchar that shakti of Baba Ishar Singh Ji is in Baba Gurdev Ji. He refused to do so ..this further led to much dispute over the land of Bhai Ki Samadh..which eventually led to Baba Narain Singh involved, & murder of 22 people, a typical Jatt land dispute was the end result. Those were difficult times, so much politics over gaining control of Nanaksar happened, now the things seem to have calmed down. 

Now Baba Bhajan Singh ji is of a high avastha, listening to his personal experiences such as having darshan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji when he first saw Baba Ishar Singh Ji, having a meeting with Baba Fareed Ji when he had a thought of how fareed looked like , performing year long sampat path in a bhora & having darshan of Baba Ishar Singh Ji etc etc. 

The shakti of Baba Ishar Singh Ji was beyond comprehension. People had darshan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji from Him , including 3 of my extended family members, and many other devout followers. Hindu Bhagats had darshan of Shri Krishna in the body of Baba Ishar Singh Ji. Once someone asked Baba Nand Singh Ji about Nihkalank avtar, Baba Nand Singh ji pointed towards Baba Ishar Singh ji doing sewa in langar. The pujari at Hazoor Sahib didn't allow Baba Ishar Singh Ji to do sewa of the inside. When the pujari opened the locks in the morning , he had darshan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji standing besides Baba Ishar Singh ji. As a a gratitude, pujari singh offered a small kirpan as gift to Baba Ji which is still kept somewhere. During the 1965 Ind vs China, sikh soldiers who were Nanaksar sangees had visions of Baba Ji wielding Khanda and doing sodha of Chinese army. Such was the shakti of Baba Ishar Singh Ji. 

So I doubt that shakti is present in someone in a pargat form, maybe in a Gupt form. Maybe the time will come when it is revealed, who knows when. 

I only share what I have heard from my close ones, I am ignorant and personally have no experience!

​Thanks for the info bro. Need to do more investigation,

Bhul chuk maaf

After Baba Ishar Singh Ji Maharaj, no one was formally given seva of Nanaksar, although numerous will claim that. Baba Ishar Singh ji announced that there is a football in the middle and only the one who will fulfill fundamental requirements will be able kick the football, means inherit seva, and there was none. Baba Ishar Singh Ji in order to clear the confusion, prophesied that he will be back. He was implying that someone eligible and capable based on his own Bhagti, will born in the USA and take over whole Nanaksar seva. Baba Nand Singh Ji already warned that kalyug has arrived in white cholas, we have seen rampant misuse of Sampradaye Bana. Nonetheless, Nanaksar remained Bhakti dha Ghar pinnacle of puratan maryada with lot of naam simaran going on individually and collectively. 

​Did Baba jee specifically mention that a Mahapurakh will be born in USA?

Bhul chuk maaf

• 6 months later...
On 5 July 2015 at 8:46 PM, Ragmaala said:

The person I am talking about is Baba Bhajan Singh Ji Raonte/Patiala wale. He is kind of Gurbhai of Baba Gurdev Ji, Baba Narain Singh, Baba Sadhu Singh etc.

The story you made up about baba narain singh is a lie baba narain singh wasn't even present there. Stop causing rifts

Who is the head of Nanaksar?

I bet if you ask the true sevadars , they will say only dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib ji is the head of any establishment which has parkash of dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib ji.

It is sad in todays era where alot of people say , we are Soho Road gurudawara followers, we are nanaksar followers , we are x,y,z ... rather than saying we follow dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib ji , and it doesnt matter where / whom i go to as long as they are guiding the sangat with its teachings .

Also we want EKTA . if we stop these factions and follow Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji the same teachings, rehat, same calendar etc.. then I believe we will all unite

1 hour ago, DSG said:

Also we want EKTA . if we stop these factions and follow Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji the same teachings, rehat, same calendar etc.. then I believe we will all unite

Good point DSG paaji. Just want to add - Follow the teachings of all Gurbani (Sri Aad, Sri Dasam and Sri Sarabloh).

Bhul chuk aaf

• 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/5/2015 at 3:46 PM, Ragmaala said:

His duty was at Bhai Ki Samadh which is the main center of Baba Gurdev Ji. He was asked to do parchar that shakti of Baba Ishar Singh Ji is in Baba Gurdev Ji. He refused to do so ..

Who asked him to do that Parchar?

Was it Baba Gurdev Singh jee himself?

Bhul chuk maaf

3 hours ago, paapiman said:

Who asked him to do that Parchar?

Was it Baba Gurdev Singh jee himself?

Bhul chuk maaf

Wow this is such an old thread. 13 years since 2008. Time flies man.

To answer your question, it was not Baba Gurdev Ji himself but his followers. And just go add, I have utmost respect for Baba Gurdev Ji, he has kept the maryada very well, and obviously great kamai, most likely he is staying gupt.

58 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

Wow this is such an old thread. 13 years since 2008. Time flies man.

To answer your question, it was not Baba Gurdev Ji himself but his followers. And just go add, I have utmost respect for Baba Gurdev Ji, he has kept the maryada very well, and obviously great kamai, most likely he is staying gupt.

Didn't Baba Gurdev Singh jee try to stop them?

Did Baba Bhajan Singh jee discuss this issue with him?

Have you heard anything else negative about Baba Gurdev Singh jee?

Bhul chuk maaf

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 10:44 AM, Guransh SIngh said:

Baba Gurdev Singh is a mahapurkh of the highest awastha. Maryada of Nanaksar has been kept intact by him and all of his Behengams know how to play various instruments annd raags which is a great achievment. He himself does a apaar simran and does ishnaan at 12:15 am daily.

Does he live in Delhi?