Orthodox Christianity & Uncut Hair.

Matheen

If I am NOT mistaken, then this is the topic named as "Orthodox Christianity & Uncut Hair".......I think that I should be sorry because I posted the turban thing from which you guys have got what you need....masala to debate about nothing.

Great....keep it up.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I still beleive that Hanuman Jee was a Monkey or some sub species of monkey that may no longer exist, and he did have a poonch. He wore a Kashara and that Kashara had a little hole in the back for the poonch to go through. Dhoti cannot accomodate a poonch but a Kashara can.

Hanuman Jee was an avtar ansh of Shiv Jee who had enormous powers. For him to send his ansh in the form of a monkey-man is no big deal for him. But to many modernists like you Bahadur this may seem like mere myth. Go ahead deny it, doesn't mean it's not true.

Mithar wrote:

"Well, I still beleive that Hanuman Jee was a Monkey or some sub species of monkey that may no longer exist, and he did have a poonch. He wore a Kashara and that Kashara had a little hole in the back for the poonch to go through. Dhoti cannot accomodate a poonch but a Kashara can.

Hanuman Jee was an avtar ansh of Shiv Jee who had enormous powers. For him to send his ansh in the form of a monkey-man is no big deal for him. But to many modernists like you Bahadur this may seem like mere myth. Go ahead deny it, doesn't mean it's not true."

You're right. I am sure Father Xmas and Batman will understand you better.

I don't what your problem is Mithar.Most educated Brahmins agree that the Vanjaras aren't monkeys and clearly state that most uneducated people due to their ignorance believe that the Vanjaras were monkeys. As for your insult against Imam Sahibe Zaman (ajf), the sin is on your head. I haven't insulted Hanuman or Sri Ram. I have studied the Ramayana in the original Sanskrit and it's a work of great poetic beauty which I profoundly love. Your ignorance that make Hanuman to be some monkey super hero is the true insult to the beauty of the Ramayana. Going back to Imame Zaman (ajf) your insult againt him doesn't surprise me as the Prem Sumarg Granth says that the Khalsa will oppose Imam e Zaman (ajf).

As far as i recall Prem Sumarag mentions that a powerful muslim will rise from the west but it says nothing about Imam Mahdi being the charachter.

I wouldn't trust anything in Prem Sumarag.

Is it the job of the mod(s) to keep threads on-topic? :wink:

"Then it is our duty to bring changes.. Be the change you wish to see in the world"

LOL, hell is more likely to freeze over before Bahadur Ali ever entertains the idea of peace!!

Prem Sumarag is a very important pieceof literature which has been purposefully ignored by the reformists. It gives glances of many lost practices and traditions of the Khalsa of old.

All due respect to Mcleod for translating it and many other rehit documents for the world to see and give them the chance to form their own opinions.

what truth? Historical? Metaphysical? Transcendent? I've never known such a harlot as this 'truth' people speak of these days.

As you well know philology is a good way to get to the truth, so does this truth, have an objective sense which we all can aim to understand (of course with the correct preparation) Or is this truth a wishy washy subjective fantasy. please flesh out this concept for our benefit.

I would propose to use the word reason, instead of truth, as truth implies an absolute an unchanging essence, whereas we can have degrees of reason which are derived from truth, with God being ultimate truth and therefore ultimate reason. By using such a word as truth you are being deliberately unflexible.

While I understand a pinch of supremacist thinking and subordination and inclusion of the ideas of other 'ways' must be the constituent of any path. (no one believes theri own ideas are inferior) It is not correct to attempt to batter the other ideas into submission, it will leave only a bloody mess.

The issue here is simple: the perennialist reading of Sikh tradition at the expense of some uncomfortable historical truth. And the problem is this: the Dasam Granth discourse. It simply in incompatible with a perennialist vision of things. There are worlds separatingh the view that Sikhism preaches acceptance of all religions and then the Dasam Granth discourse which makes all non Sikh paths and prophets to be frauds. It's something that always struck me when I first read 19th century scholarship on Sikhism, the fact that these scholars were shocked at the deep contrast between the Nanakian discourse and then the very anti-Islamic discourse of the Khalsa. Both the Dasam Granth and the Rahitname literature contain very anti-Islamic and in part very anti-Brahmin elements that cannot just be dismissed as biproducts of history. What I mean to say is that tonyhp32 and the Niddarpanthi crowd, though separated by differences of liturgy, share that same discourse. Shaheediyan and Amardeep have a more reconciliatory, perennial discourse, and it is my fear that it is something that may be confirmed by the Adi Granth, which I consider constructive but then again the Dasam Granth discourse of :"God sent fake prophets to humanity and we are the right ones", contradicts it. My mistake in the past was to try and reconciliate both discourses at the expense of what was obvious, even though the Mahadin issue taken literally gave space for that. But that was done ignoring centuries of Sikh sampradaic tradition that make previous prophets frauds.

I have no problem with peace but peace in the name of what?

Social pacification imposed from above by a secularist "we're all one" ideology serving imperial capitalism? Certainly not it would just be conveniant but not based on truth.

Peace has to be based on solid foundations.If Wahabis believe in ecterminating Jews and Christians I see no possibility of peace. If Nihangs and many other Khalsa affiliated Sikhs believe that one day they will conquer Mecca and exterminate Islam, then peace is not possible.

But if the belief can be shared about a saviour that will reconciliate all revealed traditions and that in the meantime we can set our differences aside and live in peace as good neighbours , then yes this is the foundation of peace.

Now you decide to take things literally and believe some versions of sau sakhi and prem sumarag?

We have no desire to exterminate Islam or to conquer Mecca, that is not what Guru Ji taught us. We may not agree with your beliefs, but you have the right to believe them. That is what will bring peace.

What does Islam say about other religions (not 'of the Book')? Show me one place in Gurbani where it says to harm people of other religions?

We're going off-topic again, but I had to say something about your previous post.

He is reffering to Karninama that says the khalsa will conquer Mecca and Medina.

The topic of "the religion of Guru Granth Sahib" and the "religion of Dasam Granth" is mostly used among those who reject dasam bani because they say that the teachings are completely different, as God, history and the world is portrayed differently in dasam bani. There is an answer to that however, and that must be found in the grey zone