Yug Dharma

Dharma can be seen to be the religious and moral doctrine of the rights and duties of each individual.

From its earliest mention in Brihadaranyaka Upanishad it can be seen as 'truth' or truthful living.

It does not have one single correct translation, they are all relevant. Dharma at its gross level can be seen as pathway to truth or a religion even.

Shaheediyan wrote:

"For a child to be born in captivity requires a woman to be in captivity. How does that woman become captive in the 1st place.

Give it up."

So a child doesn't have a gender? Children don't grow up to be adults? Female children don't become women?

Let's imagine the situation: Shaheediyan has a daughter and a son and he owns tremendous amounts of money due to failed concerts and decides, as prescribed in Prem Sumarg Granth, to sell his kids to the local landowner and richest guy in the region, Lalu Ram. His kids are sent to Lalu Ram's house where they work as slaves for some 15 years. One day Lalu Ram finds a hair in his daal and decides to get rid of his slaves who are now 21 and 20 and decides to sell them. A compassionate Portuguese Shi'a called Bahadur Ali happens to be in the region and decides to buy the custody of the young slaves. He treats them with dignity and fairness until the day he decides to free them because he sees that the boy has great talent as a cook and could open a restaurant. As for the sister, Satinder, after observing the dignified way of living of Shi'a women, decides to revert to the true religion, becomes Setareh and becomes Bahadur Ali's third wife.

I think it answers your question.

As for Dharma, it is derived from the Sanskrit root DHR, dharati which means to bear. Dharma is the thing that bears. It's meaning is context sensitive and has to be translated differently depending on the context. Dharma means completely different things depending on whether it is found in a jurisprudential text, a Buddhist text or an Upanishad.

1. Given the fact that Hinduism is a recent phenomenon let's talk about the literature that actually deals with the concept of Yug Dharma.

From a stricly jurisprudential perspective Shaktas, Shaivas, Vaishnavas and Smartas agree that the common law is to be based on the Dharma Shastras which implies the varnashrama system under the protection of a monarchy. This means that for jurisprudential and social matters the Dharmashatras such as the Mansmriti are to be followed except of course for the sadhus who live outside of society and to whom the laws don't apply.

In terms of dharma being understood as a religious system it differs. Vaishnavas will say that each Yuga has its specific religious practices and that in Kaliyuga nama japa of Hari is the hight form of religion. See for example the Kalisamtaranopanishad. Kashmiri Shaivas on the other hand simply say that the esoteric path they follow has always been the same and that the number of people unable to understand it have just increased in Kaliyuga. As such practices haven't changed for them.So it differs. All in all the idea that every yuga has its own dharma is a very Vaishnava idea.

How is a child born into slavery...? Via a woman. How does that woman come into slavery, because one track minded scum of the Earth decide to take innocent women as Prisoners out of your 'kindness'. Any amount of humour won't change the fact that a woman has to be brought into slavery in order for 'children of any gender' to be born into slavery.

Kindness my friend would be buying and setting a slave free immediately and not have the slave work under you.

Prem Sumarag is not a canonical text, so not sure why you are mentioning as if it is. It has some interesting details of the authors take on late 18th C Sikh life and practice, but thats all.

As for your fairytale examples, kindly don't ever mention my family again - be it an overly imaginative demonstration to 'make me understand'.

shaheediya: Let me try again as clearly you did not read it the first time i asked:

Come on people start a new thread if you wish to discuss slavery.. This topic is about Yug Dharma.

Bahadur: As far as i recall Manu is said to be the first human in the scriptures, which dates him a few (hundred) thousands years back in time, hence he lived in a different yuga. Does the scripture mention anything about his laws being eternal or where they only meant to be followed in that yuga?

The Hare Krishnas have a lot of common practices with sikhs when it comes to rehit. They have 4 bujar kurehits where the only difference is that of kesh. They also do jaap of Gods name and sing kirtan as a way of achieveing mukhti. Is it possible that Kirtan and Jaap are to be considered the ways of mukhi in kalyug, under the guidance of a Guru who will give the social laws etc (i remember Krishna mentioning the need of a Guru in the Gita)

Shaheediyan wrote:

"As for your fairytale examples, kindly don't ever mention my family again - be it an overly imaginative demonstration to 'make me understand'."

Then kindly refrain from slime acts such as calling my late friend's mother you "own mother", a person you never met in real life and barely knew for two months over the internet.

As for my example:

Set the slaves free without training so that they can survive in life with just 15 years of work experience consisting in cleaning the stables of Lalu Ram's buffaloes?

That's stupidty not kindness.

Shaheediyan wrote:

"Funny how you only remembered it offended you today Sherlok.

For your information, I addressed her once, over a year ago, when her son died, when she contacted me in grief.

Now get over it, move on and stop being a judgemental perverted sensationalising drama queen."

1. You're talking about my late dear friend who died under tragic circumstances

2. It's easy for you to move on but for his close friends and family it isn't.

I'll leave it to that. I have no desire to get the memory of my late friend mixed in your disgusting little slime games. You play Mr Izzat when I just mention your imaginary kids in an imaginary situation yet you have no shame in dragging my friend's name in the mud with your "kabhi khushi kabhi gham" slime game of one upmanship. And you continue lying when you talk about Pahlavani etc

You make me want to puke.

Morghe,

I'm not surprised that you try and wriggle out of accepting the truth. Islam by accepting slavery made the lives of millions of slaves a misery. You might come up with the usual Muslim excuses that slavery in Islam is not the same as slavery in the non-Muslim world. Mohammed if he so wished could have slowly eradicated slavery in stages just as he slowly got rid of alcohol consumption in stages, but he did not. Or should we say Allah didn't want slavery to end. The fact that Mohammed actively traded in slaves may go some way to showing why he or Allah due to concern for Mohammed's financial situation did not want to abolish slavery. You can quote Prem Sumarg all you like but we Sikhs have no history or nor any scriptures accepting the type of slavery inflicted by Islam and Mohammed the so-called mercy to mankind!

As for your nonsense about slave children, why don't you admit the truth? Why do your rose coloured spectacles not see the truth? Female slaves were brought and sold by Muslims for centuries and there was no outrage from Islamic scholars.

I have dragged nobodys name through the mud except yours you conniving little Jackel. I still have respect for Carney and his family as I always had.

You are the idiot that started this topic and now you are the one crying and wanting to go to PM. You should have thought about PMs when you got so desperate as to starting the subject in the open. We have spoken about this before, so why did you decide to bring it up NOW, after we have been having exchanges over this forum for months? Because you are a desprate little cockroach who will stoop to any level to save face - even if that means using your perverted/twisted little mind to come up with a pathetic judgement based on nothing other than your sordid imagination. You are the one dragging your friends good name through mud, not me.

Pathetic, shouldn't expect anything less really from a re-re-retard, sorry revert.

Now we can digress.

Shaheediyan wrote:

"I have dragged nobodys name through the mud except yours you conniving little Jackel. I still have respect for Carney and his family as I always had.

You are the idiot that started this topic and now you are the one crying and wanting to go to PM. You should have thought about PMs when you got so desperate as to starting the subject in the open. We have spoken about this before, so why did you decide to bring it up NOW, after we have been having exchanges over this forum for months? Because you are a desprate little cockroach who will stoop to any level to save face - even if that means using your perverted/twisted little mind to come up with a pathetic judgement based on nothing other than your sordid imagination. You are the one dragging your friends good name through mud, not me.

Pathetic, shouldn't expect anything less really from a re-re-retard, sorry revert.

Now we can digress."

If cockroaches are the only animals you know then I pray that one day you may step outside your doorstep to realise there is a great variety of fauna and flora out there.