why do sampardas exist?

JustME

The Nihangs are still preserving their martial heritage and keeping alive their warrior traditions. Nirmale in all their forms are still learning the great lanuages and philosophy of India and actively teaching amongst and the masses as are udasis and sevapanthi.

That's true. Although it would be nice to see Nihangs have a Taksal of their own where one can go get some Sikhiyaa about Gurmat. Currently many Nihangs go and learn from DDT.

That is a question you ought to ask the sampradayas themselves.

Yes......erm.....thanks for the valuable insight there....:roll:......if i ever get the chance to do so, i certainly will :|

That's true. Although it would be nice to see Nihangs have a Taksal of their own where one can go get some Sikhiyaa about Gurmat. Currently many Nihangs go and learn from DDT.

lol i think again its those kind of comments that prompted me to ask my question............nihangs want their own "little bit" other sampardeh want the seclusion of their own sect but how is that helping build pyaar and love amongst the sikh dharam? and has this seclusion lead to tensions amongst these sects and unconciously caused more segregation that unity ultimatly leading these subtile differences to grow even furthur?

I may be reading too much into this but...........I would just like a better understanding....

It would be great to see an expanse of these nihang and nirmala taksals into the western world..

Would that be to cater for us the panjabi diaspora or western audiences?

In either case I cant see it working: for panjabi audiences - can;t be bovered, will eat into their money earning time. For western audiences the Panjabis will outcry it as cultish or anti -sikh; as is the case for 3HO and that Baba Virsa Singh's place in New york.

Thats true Morghe Sahar, but the education is very Euro/American-centric. You want to learn classical studies and generally you are restricted to Roman and greek studies and Latin.

What if the Indo knowledge was bought forth through the taksals. Its happening in India with Sanskrit Studies, Unani/Ayervedic Medical Schools and Swami Ramdev Ji's Yog and Ayurved research centres from what I understand.

How many people know that Buddhism reached the shores of britain long before Christianity! and it was mentioned by Romasn writers - i think it was Augustus.

Jattboot, all of what you're talking about is already taught in the best universities in the West. Many European universities have excellent Sanskrit programms and very centers for the study of Indian religions. I agree that for Ayuerveda you need to learn it at an institute.

That Ashoka had sent emmissaries to the West is a known fact. That many Greeks in Bachtria converted to Buddhism and created Greco Buddhism is another fact. But let's be real: two monks landing in Britain doesn't equal to Britain knowing Buddhism. And no, Augustus didn't write but I am sure you're referring to Augustine and there is no mention of Buddhists there.

Jattboot, all of what you're talking about is already taught in the best universities in the West. Many European universities have excellent Sanskrit programms and very centers for the study of Indian religions. I agree that for Ayuerveda you need to learn it at an institute.

That Ashoka had sent emmissaries to the West is a known fact. That many Greeks in Bachtria converted to Buddhism and created Greco Buddhism is another fact. But let's be real: two monks landing in Britain doesn't equal to Britain knowing Buddhism. And no, Augustus didn't write but I am sure you're referring to Augustine and there is no mention of Buddhists there.

I stand corrected , it was St Augustine - I knew it was some time in August.LOL

It has been a while since I last read up on it . And I'm pretty sure thats what he mentioned, though maybe wrong. Assuming it was mentioned by him must imply that their teachings had substantial effect on the British Pagan religions of that time; albeit being wiped out or 're-assigned' to subsequent Christian dogma.

• 2 weeks later...