Hinduism and One God

Kahu lai pahan puj dhario sir kahu lai ling gare latkaio.

While worshipping stones some people are bowing before them and some others are withholding idols of stones in their necks.

Kahu likhio har avachi disa meh kahu pachhah ko sis nivaio.

Some people have faith that God is in the south while others consider God, is toward the west and they are bowing their heads in those directions.

Kauo butan ko pujat hai pas kou mritan ko pujan dhaio. Some people are worshiping idols foolishly while others are adoring the dead.

Kur kria urjhio sabh hi jag sri bhagwan ko bhed na paio. The whole world is busy in such false performances without knowing the secret mystery of God. (10)

~Tav Prasad Saviaye - Patshaahi Dasvin~

The Upanishads are said by scholars to have evolved later, but similarly the vedas themselves evolved with sections being added to them such as the brahamanas, aranyakas and older upanishads...you could argue in the same way Sri Guru Granth Sahib evolved with the addition of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadar Ji's shabads being added later. The term 'vedanta' itself means 'end of the vedas' i.e. the sidhant of the upanishads which are at the end of each veda. Vedanta categorises two types of 'vedic' statement on Braham, referring to statements in the Upanishads rather than the samhita (older initial sections).

Just to clarify, you now mention the 'older' Upnisads are a later addition to the Vedas, I believe these are the opening Upnisads from the popular 108 grouping. The large remainder form the basis of the later individual Indic schools i.e. Vedantic, Vaishnav, Saivite, Yogic etc although all are rooted in the Vedas.

• 3 months later...

When has sikhs ever performed sargun bhakti??

Think about it- idolizing anything even vahiguroo shabad akhar is consider sargun bhakti and have small ounce of duality in it. It's only when this jev rises to sabh gobind hai sabh gobind hai, then nots it not dubta. I think Sikhism promotes nirgun upasana more than school of thoughts in Hinduism. There is huge diversity of school of thoughts in hinduism. One cannot say for certain all the sanatan dharam of hinduism focuses on monotheism.

Think about it- idolizing anything even vahiguroo shabad akhar is consider sargun bhakti and have small ounce of duality in it. It's only when this jev rises to sabh gobind hai sabh gobind hai, then nots it not dubta. I think Sikhism promotes nirgun upasana more than school of thoughts in Hinduism. There are huge diversity of school of thoughts in hinduism. One cannot say for certain all the sanatan dharam of hinduism focuses on monotheism.

Off course, tat sidhant/aim of gurmat is merge with nirgun via nirgun upasana at the final stage. There are school of thoughts like nanaksar in the panth which focuses more on sargun saroop ie- sri guru nanak dev ji picture along with simran of vahiguroo and there were many mahapursh in the past, famous- sant isher singh ji which encourages jaigaso who cannot concentrate to bring sri guru nanak dev ji saroop while doing simran as well in their divans.