Nidar Singh Interview In Mai

Cool interview.

Good that so many long standing issues have been discussed i.e. the Uptej palaver.

I like the story with Nanak Dev Singh Khalsa! He fobbed me off once, many years ago, when I wanted to attend one of his 'Yogi'/Warrior camps in France. He said Punjabis don't fit in! Blatent racism/prejudice (although there is some truth, I hate it when people stereotype)!

Thanks for sharing this freed jee.

I agree with matheen on another point. Reading this one can't help but notice how Niddar Singh's words wreaks of Hankar and Haume. All through out, it's 'me' 'me' 'me', full of Hankaar. But I know that this statement about Niddar Singh would be considered very politically incorrect here.

Niddar is about 40? Note how in the latest article, he's began learning shastar vidiya while allegedly growing up as a boy in Punjab. In the older one, he states he's been learning for 20 years. 2004 minus 20 years = he started in 1984. Yet he used his vidiya against a Hindu mob that was looking for Sikhs. When was the last time that happened? That's right 1984.

Anyway, good luck to him.

I liked the article.

I liked his approach with everything. I'm glad he's thrown out these terms because anyone who isn't familiar can research them, and anyone who is familiar with the terms can do further research and see it for themselves.

Thanks

Niddar is about 40? Note how in the latest article, he's began learning shastar vidiya while allegedly growing up as a boy in Punjab. In the older one, he states he's been learning for 20 years. 2004 minus 20 years = he started in 1984. Yet he used his vidiya against a Hindu mob that was looking for Sikhs. When was the last time that happened? That's right 1984.

Good point Matheen. It seems dishonesty is also no stranger to Mr Niddar Singh. Truth is high, but truthful living is even higher. It's sad that today's Sikhs don't live by this.

NNS stated that a warrior should always have an element of the dark side about him in battle.PIty he didnt see teji "raising " his hand in submission and then flipping him over his shoulder. Now that is tha dark side.

THe article is really useful to learn about the diffrent battle tactics and the creation of such a combat art though. NNS really knows his stuff on that.

MMA is a sport, SV is not, so in my eyes its not comparable. War based arts like Silat and Kali however (IMHO) could be somewhat compared if seen in their original form, rather than more popular sports or exhibition forms. Real Ninjitsu I would say could be also compared...

He learned for over 20 years, meaning its an estimate.

Sikhs were targeted in Delhi long after 1984 and he didnt even mention Delhi riots. I remember I went to delhi in 1987 and all the Hindus were giving us angry looks.