Coming Soon Exclusive On Sikhawareness

SAadmin

what is the last granth? Should it not be Sarkatavali!

Is it their own translation with viakhiya or are they reading it from a steek?

sorry thats what i meant- sarkatavali...i was way off..lol. From what i understand this singh who spent 5 months in harkhowala dera said they were reading it from the steek. May be he can clarify further, also may i ask tsingh and other knowledgeable singh gives the description on these above granths. I know next to nothing about them besides chankaya granth which pretty much everyone knows.

sorry thats what i meant- sarkatavali...i was way off..lol. From what i understand this singh who spent 5 months in harkhowala dera said they were reading it from the steek. May be he can clarify further, also may i ask tsingh and other knowledgeable singh gives the description on these above granths. I know next to nothing about them besides chankaya granth which pretty much everyone knows.

By the Chanakaya granth are you referring to "Niti" or politics? So is this audio of Sant ji teaching his students?

Chanaka Raajneti is written by Bhai Sobha Singh Sainapati under the direction of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

The Vichar Mala was written by Anath Das and is a conversation betwen Guru and Shish on 7 levels of knowledge and the necessity of having a guru.

The Sarkatavali is written by Pandit Hardiyal Ji who was a distant relative of Guru Amadas Ji again focusing on the need for the Guru, Gyan, Dharam, etc

All three of these can be found in the forms of steeks. The best versions are by Sant Surjit SIngh Ji Sevapanthi.

Other granths of note are Adhyatam Parkash, Bhavrasamrit, Parbodh Chandar Natak, Vichar Sagar, Virtee Parbhakar and Moksh Panth Parkash that one learns regarding a basis and foundation in vedant before they move onto Gurbani. All of these granths are taught to students still by Sant Hari Singh Ji before they move onto Gurbani.

I am guessing the recordings will be from steeks which is a shame as it is no different to what you can read, i will try and get the recordings by Giani Hardeep SIngh Ji on these granths which are done in the form of open katha in a gurdwara with alot more sakhia and links to gurbani to help people understand the relationship between vedant and gurbani

Its amazing that we have all of these books that you hardly ever hear about. thanks for sharing the list with us

I've never heard of them myself

The Sarkatavali is written by Pandit Hardiyal Ji who was a distant relative of Guru Amadas Ji again focusing on the need for the Guru, Gyan, Dharam, etc

I would definatly want to listen to the veechar for this.

Also i heard Bhavsramrit has been translated in english somewhere?

Another popular granth taught by Sant Giani Hari Singh Ji is the Vairag Shatak by Pandit hardial ji. Very Very good granth, well worth reading.

The list of Nirmala granths can go on for ages. But the ones mentioned above as well as the Vairag Shatak are your basis before we start on gurbani.

unfortunately we are losing vidya at a rapid rate.

not all from the times of the Guru's Vairag Shatak, Chanakya Raajniti, Sakutavali, Vichar Mala, Adhyatam Ramayan were made during the time of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

around 100 years later Pandit Gulab Singh Ji created the Bharasamrit, Adhyatam Ramayan, Parbodh Chandar Natak and The Moksh Panth Parkash.

around 50 years after that Pandit Nischal Das created the Vichar Sagar and Vritee Parbhakar.

Soon after you get the works of numerous other Nirmalas including Bhai Santokh Singh Ji.

Chatanga being a nihang you would not heard of many of these as they tend to focus on Rattan Singh Bhangu's Panth Prakash and nothing else as it is only about wars and the tamo guni way of life the nihangs live in accordance to.

The Nirmala focus is more on salf realisation rather then just basic historical compositions.

I haven't recorded Sant Hari Singh Ji's katha on these granths or Bhai Balbir SIngh Ji's as they taught them to me privately for vidiya and not for the public

I am quite surprised people have not heard of thse granths more. There are quotes out of these granths in the Guvak Chana by Sant Hari Singh, the Rohanee Updesh (jeevan of Sant Ishar SIngh Ji Rara Sahib Walae) by Giani Mohan Singh Azaad, books by Sant Waryam Singh Ji Ratwara Sahib Walae, etc

i bought the chankaya niti in hardwar last year. I read it a long time ago and i remembe that a lot of the content is against Sikhi (the views expressed towards women is somthing that comes to mind).. but it has a lot of beatiful passages to.

what was the reason for the court poets to translate all of these sanskrit works??

The bhavras amrit granth is very deep. I read the translation it and did'n really understand much so i guess im still a morakh... but the commentary in the beginning is very nice, especieally the part on avatarvaad in sikhi

what was the reason for the court poets to translate all of these sanskrit works??

I don't think that the Sanskrit Chankaya niti is the same as the one mentioned above, but I could be wrong. In some cases, texts were translated to show people at large how the Bhramins kept a hold on their status - 'know your enemy', so to speak.