Jatha Agendas And Nindiya Of Mahapursh On Sikhsangat

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this forum is becoming more like Sikhsangat. It's got more a lot more lively than it usually is. The reason for the Sikhsangat comment may have been that someone's positive views on Sants/Brahmgianis were challenged and he was unable to answer back.

The fact is Sant's do exist (like another said read Gurbani) whether somebody claims he doesn't need them is good as saying I'm a little tea pot. The Sant's in Sikhi are enlightened souls that can teach you alot about the Sikhi path and how to succeseed. They have read and contemplated over Gurbani and have attained unbelievable knowledge, which some like to call mad talk because it's out of their comprehension. These people are stuck in I am the best, I know everything and no one is better because its all about me. I do really feel bad for these people because they are missing out on great knowledge. Too bad to sad, let's not distrub these peoples bliss.

Also some of these people have given up on Sikhi and only come to destroy others path to gain union with God. Call it jealously or just hatred toward God because they are unwilling to face themselves. They have given up and are sore losers in life. Pay no attention to them.

Let's follow Sant Jarnail SIngh ji's lead and try to become Sant ourselves.(He never said I am Sant) I know I laugh myself when I say this now, me a Sant. :LOL:

Thanks for your feedback singh. All we can do is encourage posters to write thoughtful response instead of one liners/dull responses. Any more ideas?

A couple of people persist with veiled personal attacks too. That does not help. Maybe they have been reading to much "Nindya" sorry Panthic Weekly? :LOL:

How is that "Spurious"?

http://www.answers.com/topic/spurious

It's my opinion, and you can say you do not agree, but I cannot understand how it is spurious?

You need a better dictionary =p

spurious (adjective): Of a line of reasoning apparently but not actually valid.

Replace it with specious or fallacious if you prefer.

You cannot say that something does exist because you believe it is unnecessary.

I believe chavs are unnecessary but they sure as hell exist.

People have this 'them and us' attitude regarding sants, whereas all a Sant is is someone that has acheived Bhramgian; if you don't believe they exist then how will you ever achieve this point yourself. Whether they are 'needed' or not is irrelevant.

I think this thread is going off topic so maybe admin can separate the irrevelant stuff to a new thread.

But, i just wanted to say that this forum is very good in comparison to others, in keeping todays 'lost' youth intact with puratan philosophy.

Also, the moderater's arent biased like in other forums, where scholars are treated with utmost respect while they allow nindia of mahapurakhs to go on.

The forum and topic's on here cover a wide range of issues dealt with by knowlegable Gursikhs.

So, well done and keep up the hard work! :)

People have this 'them and us' attitude regarding sants, whereas all a Sant is is someone that has acheived Bhramgian; if you don't believe they exist then how will you ever achieve this point yourself. Whether they are 'needed' or not is irrelevant.

Not quite what I am saying is it?

Why do we need to follow Sants? for that matter Bhai's/Jatha's etc? So why are they needed? Ok someone reaches the state of "Brahmgyanee", but why follow them?

I can honestly say I have not met any Sant's. The closest thing probably, Bhaghat Puran Singh of Pingalwara fame (not to be confused with the Kenyan bunch).

where scholars are treated with utmost respect while they allow nindia of mahapurakhs to go on.

The forum and topic's on here cover a wide range of issues dealt with by knowlegable Gursikhs.

So, well done and keep up the hard work! :)

Nothing wrong with scholars.

Our Guru's were not only spiritually enlightened but scholars of the highest order.

Rejection of the status and importance of the Sant is absolutely antithetical to Gurmat:

- Because if you read Gurbani you will find in there repeated references to the 'prasad' of the Sant, you meet with Brahamgyan. What pleases the Sant pleases Bhagvan.

- Because following the Guru's updesh, Brahamgyan is your purusharth, your goal in life, because all is else is as fleeting 'like a wall of sand' (Sri Guru Tegh Bahadar).

- Because the Sant who has achieved Brahamgyan, takes you to the door of moksh, helps you to purify yourself, get you prepared, to then be acknowledged by Braham with moksh.

- Because your Satiguru stated explicilty in Gurbani 'I drink the water I used to clean the feet of the saints', 'I live to have the dust from the feet of the Saints', etc.

- If you haven't met a Sant so far, try harder, their sangat is vital.

Rejection of the status and importance of the Sant is absolutely antithetical to Gurmat:

- Because if you read Gurbani you will find in there repeated references to the 'prasad' of the Sant, you meet with Brahamgyan. What pleases the Sant pleases Bhagvan.

- Because following the Guru's updesh, Brahamgyan is your purusharth, your goal in life, because all is else is as fleeting 'like a wall of sand' (Sri Guru Tegh Bahadar).

- Because the Sant who has achieved Brahamgyan, takes you to the door of moksh, helps you to purify yourself, get you prepared, to then be acknowledged by Braham with moksh.

- Because your Satiguru stated explicilty in Gurbani 'I drink the water I used to clean the feet of the saints', 'I live to have the dust from the feet of the Saints', etc.

My Gurmukh friends are Saints to me....I have no intention of follwoing any Jatha/Sant/Dera type thing though.

very nicely said

however, it would be beneficial i think for people on the board to understand the definition of a sant. like, how do we recognize a sant?

very nicely said

however, it would be beneficial i think for people on the board to understand the definition of a sant. like, how do we recognize a sant?

Please read the following thread titled- The role of sants in Sikhs. It's huge read but reward its written by Dr Yukhtanand Singh.

http://www.sikhawareness.com//index.php?showtopic=11377

Also beautiful piece written by drawrof under this thread:

http://www.sikhawareness.com//index.php?showtopic=11356

Please leave your comments there in the above links.