Sikh Raving

I don’t think simply screaming and shouting clubing , raving is wrong etc... Will not sit very well with university students. A more educated approach is needed into the philosophy of lust or a dialogue into how such things can affect the spiritual plight of a Sikh or any individual in that matter. These are university students after all so the “don’t do this because its bad it’s a sin,” wont work, it might work with little children but educated folk need/want reasons to why such things are considered as against or not encouraged in Sikhi. I read a little article in this booklet a Hindu friend of mine gave me from there Hindu society it was a good read called "Spirits at a Bar or Dynamic Spirits?"

I'll try post it later

'Sikh soc' is a misnomer, it is actually a punjabi soc. But of course we want to exclude everyone so sikh soc it is.

I have to say, I don't give two shits what they do, live your life, reap what you sow, nothing else is your business. "Acting" against this is just going to make you come off like a fanatic retard with no respect for individual freedom (which, if you do 'act' is what you are), everyone is accountable for their own actions, none of your business really. Whining about it here like a coward is going to get nothing done, they aren't a secret society, their email and student reps are visible, if you have a problem with them email them directly instead moaning like a cow.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but our 'fearles race of warriors' is full of cheap talking cowards who don't have the balls or decency to deal with things in the right way. Trying to stop them by force is an act of cowardice.

If you don't like the events, don't go. I hear the German soc is more fun anyway ;)

I don’t think simply screaming and shouting clubing , raving is wrong etc... Will not sit very well with university students. A more educated approach is needed into the philosophy of lust or a dialogue into how such things can affect the spiritual plight of a Sikh or any individual in that matter. These are university students after all so the “don’t do this because its bad it’s a sin,” wont work, it might work with little children but educated folk need/want reasons to why such things are considered as against or not encouraged in Sikhi. I read a little article in this booklet a Hindu friend of mine gave me from there Hindu society it was a good read called "Spirits at a Bar or Dynamic Spirits?"

I'll try post it later

agreed 100%

Please give me there email addresses I will happily tell them they are a bunch of kanjars under the title of Sikhi, thank you.

Would that solve the situation though?

Would that solve the situation though?

To be honest with you N30 I don't think it would, but sometimes recognising a problem is the first step to solving it, I personally believe the answer would be in that literature veerji suggested about demons in clubs and pubs, or for us to construct our own, and talk about that there is something like that here http://www.byfaith.co.uk/paulbyfaithtvmathewthoughts2.htm

Please give me there email addresses I will happily tell them they are a bunch of kanjars under the title of Sikhi, thank you.

Ever heard of google?

Looking at the society's page it says 'Celebrating the religious and traditional aspects of Sikh and Punjabi culture.'

Why people think punjabi culture and being Sikh are related, God knows.

So i was wrong, to really live up to their name and celebrate punjabi tradition we need to get them hopped up on opiates and beat the shit out of each other, and then the next day organise kirtan.

This is why I never joined a 'cultural' soc in uni.

Prevention is the cure.

People are so worried about moaning and slandering a lost generation, that they pay no heed to the generation that is yet to form opinions on life.

These are grown adults, its a free country. Put your resources into starting up discussion classes and various Sikh arts/education in Gurdwara i.e. Gurmat Sangeet, Theology, Santhia, Kathaa, Dhadi, Martial Arts etc.

Give them a wide set culture that will keep them interested, challenged and occupied (seva) for life, so they don't have to try and find one or worse still 'invent' one.