keski wale kuriyaa

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in all my time (excluding akj rensavaes and relations) ive seen less than about 10 keski wearing ladies that i can remember. very sad.

kaur1699, why dont u wear a keski? they look much nicer on women than a patka.....ive never seen a bibi with a patka before (although ive seen a 70 yr old man with one lol)

in all my time (excluding akj rensavaes and relations) ive seen less than about 10 keski wearing ladies that i can remember. very sad.

kaur1699, why dont u wear a keski? they look much nicer on women than a patka.....ive never seen a bibi with a patka before (although ive seen a 70 yr old man with one lol)

its not a like a NORMAL patka like da bois use

its like

they've got their "JORA" or as sum ppl call it :"GOTTA"

behind...an they got there Patka kinda "backwords :?"

lol

hard to explain :P

its not like guys have.....

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

Where are you from?? There are a lot more females thats have dastaars around my area now then there were afew years back...

kaur1699, why dont u wear a keski? they look much nicer on women than a patka.....

hmm... I don't know... Maybe one day with Guru Ji's grace...

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

its not a like a NORMAL patka like da bois use

its like

they've got their "JORA" or as sum ppl call it :"GOTTA"

behind...an they got there Patka kinda "backwords :?"

lol

hard to explain :P

its not like guys have.....

Yea... thats it like Mr Singh has said...

i used to wear one like Mr Singh is talking about but loads of people kept mistaking me to be a Muslim :oops: because muslim girls have loads of different ways of tying their head-scarf-thingies, and one way is kinda similar to the one you're talkin about - so i changed to a keski with my joora on top of my head.

keski/dastaars are cool because people can recognise you as a singhni :D

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

i used to wear one like Mr Singh is talking about but loads of people kept mistaking me to be a Muslim :oops: because muslim girls have loads of different ways of tying their head-scarf-thingies, and one way is kinda similar to the one you're talkin about - so i changed to a keski with my joora on top of my head.

keski/dastaars are cool because people can recognise you as a singhni :D

hmm, I hear what your saying... I have never till date (not that I know of anyway) been called a Muslim...

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

maybe that was just my panna - don't worry i've also been mistaken for a boy :oops: lol - honestly, you get all sorts out there :)

lol @ 'you get all sorts out there'... Thats sooooo true.

oooo.....pardon my ignorance.....lol i thought u meant the boys patka

yeah i see alot of women wearing that kind not just singhnees....seems to be the in thing at the moment

im from nth london, most the sikhs i see are either drunk monneh with big khanda chains, shaven younger sikhs, monneh girls or reeally old phug wearing men w/ tied up dharis :(

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

oooo.....pardon my ignorance.....lol i thought u meant the boys patka

No worries :P

yeah i see alot of women wearing that kind not just singhnees....seems to be the in thing at the moment

Yea... There is a thing with 'bandana's' going around...

im from nth london, most the sikhs i see are either drunk monneh with big khanda chains, shaven younger sikhs, monneh girls or reeally old phug wearing men w/ tied up dharis :(

We got enough of them down these ends aswell :evil:

Fateh Ji,

No worries :P

Yea... There is a thing with 'bandana's' going around...

We got enough of them down these ends aswell :evil:

didn't se to many when i was down in southall (live in Sweden)

but what i did see was a person

With paagh

tied up DHari *not cuted*

and had EARINGs in his both ears

I was like

OMG

it looks so ugly

lol :P

nice pagh n stuff

n den earings :P

lol

ugly

:evil: yuck :evil:

fateh

yeh every1 recons dat there r loadsa sikhs in southall, but theyre rele rnt...none of them are strict, and they cut hair, pierce ears etc.

apart frm at rhensbai's of course..i dnt understand it......everytym i cum out....all the singhs and singhniaa go in2 hidin....mayb its sumthin bout me :?

waheguru, (tanx 4 da heaps of replies..)

i have been to bham a fair few times...there are along phug wearing men.....but most munch meat or something else....and i have yet to see a big cru of decent keski wearing sikh women

yeh rensavaes are heavy, the akj one i went to, there was only about 5 or 6 monneh!!!! and its usually the opposite (5 or 6 gursikhs lol)

yea, they rock, infact there is one comin on the internet (live broadcast) tonight .

SO WATCH IT :LOL:

its at www.akj.org

its gonan be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet 8)

looks like its gonna be an allnighter 8)

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

ok..slightly off topic :wink:

isnt it weird 2 c keskiaa wake kuriyaa wid loaaaadsa makeup on...

I agree with you on that... It does look abit wierd...

Gurfateh

the jatha did a Keertan Programme at the Bristol (UK) Gurdwara a few months ago. this was the first time ever the jatha had been there so as you can imagine everyone was really uplifted by this 'different type' of keertan.

the gurdwara's committee members afterwards lavished much praise upon the singhs and singhnia who had travelled all the way down there...begging them that they must come again...but next time, tyhey requested that it should be for a full-length rainsabai.

bhai jarnail singh (uk jatha's jathedar), who was as usual absorbed in his naam abyass, was called by a committee member to receive a siropa...he was then asked to say a few words to the gathered sangat. bear in mind that amongst the sangat, the only keski-walah bibian where those who had travelled down with the jatha...there weren't even very many dastaar wearing singhs amongst the native sangat come to think of it.

although i don't know bhai sahib very well, its safe to say that he is a man of very few words. he walked up to the stage and quietly accepted the siropa...he then said something which has left a very deep impression upon me.

here's what he said - wearing a keski is a form of sewa...we are doing a very important sewa by adorning our dasam duar with a keski - Guru Ji expects no less an honour bestowed upon God's Throne...and that was it...

the silence after these words was somehow magical...he then sat back down with what i can only describe as one of the most humble facial expressions i have ever seen.

regardless of all the pro and anti keski things i've read, bhai jarnail singh's statement has left a mark so severe upon this manmukh's heart that to imagine Gursikh without a keski is impossible.

ps he's not very well at the moment; suffering from dehydration after coming home from abroad. please remember this Gurmukh Piyare in your ardaas.

Gurfateh

er....khalsa sulja..i dnt tink girls wid keskiaa r actually ment 2 look pretty......theyre ment 2 look plain..thats the point

nah ..wrong...or atleast i dont agree

Keshki = TO COVER UP UR hair

even though the MEANING isn't to look sweet

but some do

its not da meaning to loook plain either

meaning is to cover hair

thats my 2 cents