keski wale kuriyaa

wjkk,wjkf

i have considered deeply about wearing a dastaar but one thing holds me back;

that i have seen the loss of repect for 'kesh'; [not every1!] but i have seen sooo many keski wearing singhnees with perfect eyebrows, no upper lip hair, bare arms etc. & yes i agree that some of them could naturally have less hair, but it is quite easy to identify those who remove their hair :?

the whole point of wearing a keski is to protect the hair; so how can you justify the removal of facial/ arm/ leg hair?

could the sangat plz give their views on this;

awaiting your responces;

bhul chuk maaf

wjkk,wjkf

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yo kaur....just wear a keski!

just becuz some stoopid ppl abuse it doesnt mean its wrong or shud hold u back

i dont understand how muslim women can go in their little black tents all day in boiling hot weather so no1 sees them....and sikh girls cant even leave their body alone!!! so little discipline.

• 3 weeks later...

Waheguruji ka Khalsa Waheguruji ki Fateh

From huge distances if you see a dastar you see a Sikh. Whether this person is a man or woman all know these are Sikhs. The Khalsa is distinct and stands out like a rose in a field of weeds. When in the company of five there God is, in the company of two there is sangat, seeing one's reflection in the mirror one sees the roop of Beloved Guru Gobind Singh. I never get enough of seeing this beautiful roop of the Guru. Dass cannot believe this fool has been blessed with this beautiful roop and you know what let me tell you a real life story that was related to me.

A Singhnee wearing a beautiful blue domalla was tending to a dying female patient. She tenderly changed the lady's position and made her more comfortable. Suddenly, the lady looked directly into the Singhnee's eyes and said in all seriousness:"Please in the morning as you tie your turban, please remember me and pray for me." The Singhnee was immediately struck at the spiritual depth of this request from an earnest soul and had tears in her eyes.One soul speaking to another. The outer body was not important, the soul within was speaking through that body. The Guru speaks and in mysterious ways reveals the spiritual and mystical dimensions of the Khalsa roop. The Khalsa roop has the stamp of the Guru and the incredible blessing that goes with it we often do not appreciate. Most of it is well hidden till it is revealed.

I prostate myself in front of any Sikh who keeps the Khalsa roop....I can't help it....it is the roop of the Guru.

whether u wear a keski (small dastaar) is not an issue... the main thing is that you keep ur kesh covered at all times...

some peopel feel that a dastaar is much easier to wear cos it doesnt drop off ur head like a chunni.... some kuriya feel a patka is best to wear and some will keep a chunni

keep ur kesh covered with what you feel appropriate (not hat :P ) and not jus preach KESKI KESKI KESKI!

you should wear a dastar cuz rahitnamas and even sau sakhi says keep a keski and dastar always. plus bhai chaupa singh and the vahees of bhatt (v reliable source) say guruji made it mandatory for all amritdharis to wear a keski.

chunnis are a hindoo thing....wear them ontop of the keski if you want, but dont replace it w/ them!

khalsa ji - i had 2 rehitnamey which stated that the panj kakars are kachera - kirpan - kara - kanga & KESH not keski.... not tryin to say ur wrong in any way - but ill try to get it for u - i lost it :? :P

here u go... :)

The Rahitnama of Bhai Prahlad singh mentions the five K's(Panj-Kakkars):

"Kachha, kesh, kangha, kirpan, kara, aur jo karay bakhan

Ih kakay panj tum mano, Guru Granth ko sach tum mano."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to Bhai Nandlal, the poet laureate of Guru Gobind Singh's court, five K's were the definite marks of the Khalsa:

"Sikhi nishani panj haraf ast kaf,

Hargiz na bashad arzi panj maf,

Kara, Kardo, kachha, kangha bidan,

Bina kesh, hech ast jumle nishan."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giani Gian Singh, the author of Panth Prakash, also confirms the sikh symbols:

"Rakhah kachh, kesh, kara, kirpan, singh nam ko iho nishan,

Kangha, kesh ke sung rahe, iho panj kakar dareh." (Panth Prakash, p. 233)

WJKK WJKF,

I am considering taking Amrit sometime soon, and so far have thought about tying a patka to keep my head covered when I do. I have spent a lot of time reading what people think on keeping ones head covered and have come across many conflicting views.

If I do take Amrit, and keep my head covered with a patka and not a keski, does that mean that I have no chance to gaining mukhti? Is it going to stop me getting anywhere spiritually?

Looking at some of the comments made, it comes across to me that people are wanting to do things more as a chore/ritual, that we are loosing touch with what/why we are doing things and more emphasise is placed on debating whats rite and whats wrong rather than acting on whats going to go with us :arrow: Naam

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone or said anything wrong

WJKK WKJF

steel bangle

there are rahitnamas that say alot of dodgy things. i wouldnt rely on them too much. there are rehitnamas that also say keski as a kakkar, but the bottom line is they are all essentially unreliable and the vahees of bhatt is the most reliable historical source, historians have used the pand vahees and bhatt vahees to correct mistakes in terms of timelines of hte gurus, etc. if both records on the matter say keski, then that is the strongest evidence.

either way, whether or not it is the kakkar or not, sau sakhi, and many other rahitnamas say keep a keski always, regardless.

lol, the panth prakash and all those kind of historical books are really dodgy. i dont think its that one, but another one like sooraj prakash granth or something, says guruji tried to sacrifice his kids to chandi and when his mom stopped him he insulted her! again they are not really historically sound, since they were written in the 1800s.

7naam - say you do your japji AFTER breakfast and your rehras AFTER dinner....bhai nand lal says

Those who do not take their morning bath in cold water and those who eat before their Nitnem infringe the Rehat.

thats usually considered a relatively sound rahitnama since there are about 3 or 4 others that say the same thing (cant remember which).....and "infringing the rehat" sounds like quite a serious thing.....if you didnt follow it would you not get mukti? it would still be possible, just a bit harder.

at our low spiritual level, i cant feel a difference spiritually between eating from sarbloh and not, or eating from a gursikh and not. i can only feel a extremely subtle difference in doing paath in amritvela and other times...and that might just be my mind......at our spiritual level theres not really much point saying what will benefit you spiritually and wont....because we have no idea what actually will (although im sure theres 1 or 2 quiet gurmukhs here who can :D )

naam is the central thing, but to guruji rahit is more important than a sikh him/herself.....so its something everyone has to be clued-up on.

• 2 weeks later...

laleshwari...

your arrogant... why cnt u jus leave him alone...every time he posts you are immediately criticising him...

and is probably something to do with your hate of akj...

1 lesson mate...before your gonna progress anywhere in sikhi you gotta learn to have pyaar...

in ardaas we say "vekh ke andith keeta"

try that more often

Lets not get confused on these tiny issues. I remember once upon a time how I use to say that keski is a mus and i wil marry only keski type girl... but wearing keski has nothing to do. Now a days it is also more of a show-off to wear keski amongst women.

These keski type of women will call everyone paji , paji, paji and hug every man they come across. Okay, wearing keski among women has nothing goto do among u r spiritual level. I know so gursikh girls who will cover there head only with a mild-chuni and goto golden temple at midnight and do seva and goto other Gurudwaras and do seva all night and they are very very very HIGH SPIRITUAL.

So lets not adopt the ways of islamic fundamentaists otherwise we will be terrorists ! if u wear keski good for you.. if someone else doesnt wear it.. its alright and okay and the Rehat Nama doesnt ask women to wear turban, they should however cover there head.

So lets not adopt the ways of islamic fundamentaists otherwise we will be terrorists ! if u wear keski good for you.. if someone else doesnt wear it.. its alright and okay and the Rehat Nama doesnt ask women to wear turban, they should however cover there head.

Completely Agree with you jjj. Unfortunately some people wants to make people as an wahabi/taliban sikhs :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

well, jjj, there are certain groups who will tell you that a woman without a keski is not a Sikh...for example..

Some people believe you have to take Amrit to be sikh. The story doesnt end here.

Some groups go further and state that one of the "K"s is a keski, hence she MUST adopt this to be considered a Sikh, or she isnt. Period. According to these extremists (thats the term most apt for them), your views would be considered "anti-Panthic".

....now ask yourself, should such tabilanistic ideology be allowed where every woman who does not conform to a particular man-made group's view on keski becomes an apostate simply by not wearing a keski?

< <<< so is it ok if i wear a chunni then?

what about one of gurujis 52 commands, always wear a turban?>>>

I dont know about that, it may depend on person to peron, but the bottom line is that Guru ji always uses a therometer which measures your love. Thats the sole commodity and thats why Guru Ji even gave darshan to a Hindu man.

Guest Javanmard

DEar Khalsa Soulja, you're right!!! We definetly would not match!!! Sidak and I have already divorced without even meeting once!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Dear Jassa, if being an educated Sikh who hates blind faith and katarpanthis means to be arrogant, then yes I am arrogant!!! :D:D:D