Meaning of Mahakaal Shabad?

I dont know about you guys, I'm really starting to like the terms mangos and mangowala. Balbir Singh has been posting on forums probably for years now, and even has his own website, but his greatest contribution to the world has been introducing the kirtam naam of mangowala.

Since this thread isn't going anywhere (hint hint admin), I would like to propose a question to balbir singh:

If one does jaap of the mantar "mangowala" what will the phal of such a jaap be?

This thread is not for entertainment. It is a serious subject and one need to have patience instead of killing the thread.

We have been listening to abuses being heaped upon Dasam bani for years now. Let him answer to the points.

My question is who gave you that Gurmantra? Why do not you tell us. In sikhism one has to be given Gurmantra.

Did you take Gurmantra?

Once you understand the quotes I posted. You will know who gave me Gurmantar. You can use www.sikhitothemax.com to find translations of those quotes.

My Guru gives me Gurmantar to sum it up. My Guru is Guru Granth Sahib Ji. What about you? Who did you get Gurmantar from?

Singh2, I realize that you have good intentions, but if you think online debate will go anywhere you are misguided. "Khalsa fauj" has been proven wrong so many times on so many message boards on so many topics but still insists that everyone other then him, darshan Singh and jeeonwala are bahmans in paggs. All you accomplish by posting on message boards is give them fuel to come up with more contrived nonsense. Live debate is the only solution but I doubt that will even work because the basic understanding of sikhi differs so greatly between both groups. If you really want to counter these clowns, perhaps you should work on making dasam Granth literature, steeks and katha more accessible to youth (e.g. translate the work of prominent scholars, record katha of dasam bani by sampardai gyanis whom are abundant in Cali, etc.).

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all and Singh2 Jee!

I appreciate your efforts, dedication and sincerity.

In my view, one cannot win a person through discussions. But your views may influence the readers or listeners.

The true change takes place with direct experiences by God's Grace.

The anti Dasam Granth lobby seems to have contracted it to few lines of Charira-up-aakhyaan.

They seem to be rare people who are never influenced by the lust character (charitra) of Tri-Gunee Srishtee.

Truly blessed are those who have received true Naam and are living with it.

Quote from Singh2 Jee "In sikhism one has to be given Gurmantra."

Please listen. Guru Arjan Dev Jee is singing.

ਹਰਿ ਮਾਰਗੁ ਸਾਧੂ ਦਸਿਆ ਜਪੀਐ ਗੁਰਮੰਤੁ ॥

हरि मारगु साधू दसिआ जपीऐ गुरमंतु ॥

Hari maarag saadhoo dasiaa japeeai gurmantu. sggs ang 321-11

Reverend Gurdev is revealing the fact. He was told the path of Hari by a Saadhoo. This is how everybody japs Gurmantra.

Please let me know why sick preachers are pleading not to visit a Saadhoo.

I feel the frustration is growing among people. They are searching aimlessly new ways or that they have lost.

It is interesting to observe. Their minds have convinced them that they are on the right path as they are moving.

All lost ones are moving. All in silence have reached solace.

I have not come across one explanation from a Baabaa of either lobby whose words emit truth.

Question from gsingh00 Jee "If one does jaap of the mantar "mangowala" what will the phal of such a jaap be?"

Eat mangoes when you want to eat mangoes. Never try to eat Mangowala.

Hari kaa Naam and Hari kaa Aam is the same Padaarath.

Balbir Singh: "Who wants to meet Mahaakaal?"

Shaheediyaan: "Is that a threat?"

Balbir Singh: "No, this is an invitation from Mahaakaal attached to all who took birth."

Here is a couplet for people without Naam.

Zindagee maot teree manzil hai.

Aur koee raastaa hee naheeN.

Balbir Singh

"Reverend Gurdev is revealing the fact. He was told the path of Hari by a Saadhoo. This is how everybody japs Gurmantra.

Please let me know why sick preachers are pleading not to visit a Saadhoo."

For Sikhs - this Sadhu is represented by the 'Pany Pyare', the same Sadhu who made Dasmesh Pita a Singh - and as per Dasmesh Pitas hukum - have been blessing Sikh Sangatan with Guru Gobind Singh Ji da ditya Gurmantra for over 300 years.

Sadoo is the gyan from Guru. Sadhoo is the updesh and not some human dude. Updesh is enshrined in Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Someone said about live debate. I say bring it on. Somebody said I lost debate, bring on live debate and we will see who loses. Everyone says our person won debate. Just look at the debate between Prof. Darshan Singh and Dhadianwala. Dhadrian side says we won the debate while Prof. Darshan Singh side says Prof. Darshan Singh won the debate. It is up to unbiased sangat to decide who won the debate. By the way, deleting posts and placing moderation isn't winning debate but losing it. Like I said, bring live debate and we will settle it there on who won and who lost.

Dear all and Shaheediyan Jee!

You wrote "For Sikhs - this Sadhu is represented by the 'Pany Pyare', the same Sadhu who made Dasmesh Pita a Singh - and as per Dasmesh Pitas hukum - have been blessing Sikh Sangatan with Guru Gobind Singh Ji da ditya Gurmantra for over 300 years."

I am not able to find it in any of the reverend Guru's writings. Please help me finding it.

Balbir Singh

I can't find the mention of the Khande de Pahul Amrit Sanchaar or hukum to use the name Singh in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji either, pray tell us, why do you use the Khalsa gotra Singh in your name?

Stop playing games and cut to the point.

Balbir Singh Ji does not believe in Vaheguru Gurmantar - as recorded by the original Sikh Theologian and respected scribe of Aad Guru - Bhai Gurdas Ji.

And as recorded in ithihaas and practiced by all facets of the Panth, as handed down from each generation of Panj Pyare from the time of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

Why, because by process of elimination, every other Sikh that has existed never tasted the proverbial mango.

Dear all and Shaheediyan Jee!

You wrote "For Sikhs - this Sadhu is represented by the 'Pany Pyare', the same Sadhu who made Dasmesh Pita a Singh - and as per Dasmesh Pitas hukum - have been blessing Sikh Sangatan with Guru Gobind Singh Ji da ditya Gurmantra for over 300 years."

I am not able to find it in any of the reverend Guru's writings. Please help me finding it.

Balbir Singh

Had you been a sikh yourself you would not have put this question.

Dear all and laalsingh Jee!

You asked "Balbir Singh,

Are you a true sikh?"

When a search of 'you' stops in other beings, one becomes a true Sikh.

Reaching God in self is possible only through Simran of the true Naam.

Dear N30S!ngh Jee, who can close Mahaakaal or any of its thread.

Better learn to say His True Naam through that Mahaakaal solaces.

Balbir Singh

kala afghna writes that God is mentioned as akal in SGGS ji but is mentioned as kal / mahakal in

Dasam Granth sahib. Because of this he opines that Dasam granth cann't be work of Guru Gobind singh ji.

His followers take that as revealed truth and then propagate on various internet forums his philosophy without knowing

the facts.

In dasam granth Guru sahib has described God as both akal and kal. Had they read Jap sahib they would have known it.

In Bachitra Natak beginning Guru sahib has written a lengthy eulogy to Kal/Mahakal. When we read that as a whole

it is clear that this is same God as described in SGGS ji.

lines 3 to 17 are given below for refrence

ਤ੍ਰਿਭੰਗੀ ਛੰਦ ॥

त्रिभंगी छंद ॥

TRIBHAGI STANZA

ਸ੍ਰੀ ਕਾਲ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਉਸਤਤਿ ॥

स्री काल जी की उसतति ॥

The Eulogy of the Revered Death (KAL).

ਭੁਜੰਗ ਪ੍ਰਯਾਤ ਛੰਦ ॥

भुजंग प्रयात छंद ॥

BHUJANG PRAYAAT STANZA

ਸਦਾ ਏਕ ਜੋਤਯੰ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸਰੂਪੰ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਦੇਵ ਦੇਵੰ ਮਹਾ ਭੂਪ ਭੂਪੰ ॥

सदा एक जोतयं अजूनी सरूपं ॥ महा देव देवं महा भूप भूपं ॥

He, who is ever light-incarnate and birthless entity, Who is the god of chief gods, the king of chief kings.

ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਨਿਤਯੰ ਨਿਰੂਪੰ ਨ੍ਰਿਬਾਣੰ ॥ ਕਲੰ ਕਾਰਣੇਯੰ ਨਮੋ ਖੜਗਪਾਣੰ ॥੩॥

निरंकार नितयं निरूपं न्रिबाणं ॥ कलं कारणेयं नमो खड़गपाणं ॥३॥

Who is Formless, Eternal, Amorphous and Ultimate Bliss. Who is the Cause of all the Powers, I salute the wielder of the Sword.3.

ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਨ੍ਰਿਬਿਕਾਰ ਨਿਤਯੰ ਨਿਰਾਲੰ ॥ ਨ ਬ੍ਰਿਧੰ ਬਿਸੇਖੰ ਨ ਤਰੁਨੰ ਨ ਬਾਲੰ ॥

निरंकार न्रिबिकार नितयं निरालं ॥ न ब्रिधं बिसेखं न तरुनं न बालं ॥

He is Formless, Flawless, eternal and Non-aligned. He is neither distinctively old, nor young nor immature.

ਨ ਰੰਕੰ ਨ ਰਾਯੰ ਨ ਰੂਪੰ ਨ ਰੇਖੰ ॥ ਨ ਰੰਗੰ ਨ ਰਾਗੰ ਅਪਾਰੰ ਅਭੇਖੰ ॥੪॥

न रंकं न रायं न रूपं न रेखं ॥ न रंगं न रागं अपारं अभेखं ॥४॥

He is neither poor. nor rich; He is Formless and Markless. He is Colourless, Non-attached, Limitless and Guiseless.4.

ਨ ਰੂਪੰ ਨ ਰੇਖੰ ਨ ਰੰਗੰ ਨ ਰਾਗੰ ॥ ਨ ਨਾਮੰ ਨ ਠਾਮੰ ਮਹਾ ਜੋਤਿ ਜਾਗੰ ॥

न रूपं न रेखं न रंगं न रागं ॥ न नामं न ठामं महा जोति जागं ॥

He is Formless, Signless, Colourless and Non-attached. He is Nameless, Placeless; and a Radiating Great Effulgence.

ਨ ਦ੍ਵੈਖੰ ਨ ਭੇਖੰ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਨਿਤਯੰ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਜੋਗ ਜੋਗੰ ਸੁ ਪਰਮੰ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰਯੰ॥੫॥

न द्वैखं न भेखं निरंकार नितयं ॥ महा जोग जोगं सु परमं पवित्रयं॥५॥

He is Blemishless, Guiseless, Formless and Eternal. He is a Superb Practising Yogi and a Supremely Holy Entity.5.

ਅਜੇਯੰ ਅਭੇਯੰ ਅਨਾਮੰ ਅਠਾਮੰ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਜੋਗ ਜੋਗੰ ਮਹਾ ਕਾਮ ਕਾਮੰ ॥

अजेयं अभेयं अनामं अठामं ॥ महा जोग जोगं महा काम कामं ॥

He is unconquerable, Indistinguishable, Nameless and Placeless. He is a Superb Practicing Yogi, He is the Supreme Ravisher.

ਅਲੇਖੰ ਅਭੇਖੰ ਅਨੀਲੰ ਅਨਾਦੰ ॥ ਪਰੇਯੰ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰੰ ਸਦਾ ਨ੍ਰਿਬਿਖਾਦੰ ॥੬॥

अलेखं अभेखं अनीलं अनादं ॥ परेयं पवित्रं सदा न्रिबिखादं ॥६॥

He is Accountless, Garbless, Stainless and without Beginning. He is in the Yond, Immaculate and ever without Contention.6.

ਸੁਆਦੰ ਅਨਾਦੰ ਅਨੀਲੰ ਅਨੰਤੰ॥ ਅਦ੍ਵੈਖੰ ਅਭੇਖੰ ਮਹੇਸੰ ਮਹੰਤੰ ॥

सुआदं अनादं अनीलं अनंतं॥ अद्वैखं अभेखं महेसं महंतं ॥

He is the Primal, Orignless, Stainless and Endless. He is Blemishless, Guiseless, Master of the earth and the destroyer of Pride.

ਨ ਰੋਖੰ ਨ ਸੋਖੰ ਨ ਦ੍ਰੋਹੰ ਨ ਮੋਹੰ ॥ ਨ ਕਾਮੰ ਨ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੰ ਅਜੋਨੀ ਅਜੋਹੰ ॥੭॥

न रोखं न सोखं न द्रोहं न मोहं ॥ न कामं न क्रोधं अजोनी अजोहं ॥७॥

He is Ireless, Ever fresh, Deceitless and Non-attached. He is Lustless, Angerless, Birthless and Sightless.7.

ਪਰੇਅੰ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰੰ ਪੁਨੀਤੰ ਪੁਰਾਣੰ ॥ ਅਜੇਯੰ ਅਭੇਯੰ ਭਵਿਖਯੰ ਭਵਾਣੰ ॥

परेअं पवित्रं पुनीतं पुराणं ॥ अजेयं अभेयं भविखयं भवाणं ॥

He is in the Yond, Immaculate, Most Holy and Ancient. He is Unconquerable, Indistinguishable, Will be in future and is always Present.

ਨ ਰੋਗੰ ਨ ਸੋਗੰ ਸੁ ਨਿਤਯੰ ਨਵੀਨੰ ॥ ਅਜਾਯੰ ਸਹਾਯੰ ਪਰਮੰ ਪ੍ਰਬੀਨੰ ॥੮॥

न रोगं न सोगं सु नितयं नवीनं ॥ अजायं सहायं परमं प्रबीनं ॥८॥

He is without ailment and sorrow and is ever new. He is Birthless, He is the Supporter and is Supremely dexterous.8.

ਸੁ ਭੂਤੰ ਭਵਿਖਯੰ ਭਵਾਨੰ ਭਵੇਯੰ ॥ ਨਮੋ ਨ੍ਰਿਬਿਕਾਰੰ ਨਮੋ ਨ੍ਰਿਜੁਰੇਅੰ ॥

सु भूतं भविखयं भवानं भवेयं ॥ नमो न्रिबिकारं नमो न्रिजुरेअं ॥

He Pervades in the Past, Future and Present. I Salute Him, Who is without vices and without ailments.

ਨਮੋ ਦੇਵ ਦੇਵੰ ਨਮੋ ਰਾਜ ਰਾਜੰ ॥ ਨਿਰਾਲੰਬ ਨਿਤਯੰ ਸੁ ਰਾਜਾਧਿਰਾਜੰ ॥੯॥

नमो देव देवं नमो राज राजं ॥ निराल्मब नितयं सु राजाधिराजं ॥९॥

I Salute Him, Who is the god of gods and king of kings. He is Supportless, Eternal and Greatest of Emperors. 9

ਅਲੇਖੰ ਅਭੇਖੰ ਅਭੂਤੰ ਅਦ੍ਵੈਖੰ ॥ ਨ ਰਾਗੰ ਨ ਰੰਗੰ ਨ ਰੂਪੰ ਨ ਰੇਖੰ ॥

अलेखं अभेखं अभूतं अद्वैखं ॥ न रागं न रंगं न रूपं न रेखं ॥

He is Accountless, Guiseless, Elementless and Blemishless. He is without attachment, colour, form and mark.

ਮਹਾ ਦੇਵ ਦੇਵੰ ਮਹਾ ਜੋਗ ਜੋਗੰ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਕਾਮ ਕਾਮੰ ਮਹਾ ਭੋਗ ਭੋਗੰ ॥੧੦॥

महा देव देवं महा जोग जोगं ॥ महा काम कामं महा भोग भोगं ॥१०॥

He is the Greatest of gods and the Supreme Yogi. He is the Greatest of the rapturous and the greatest of the Ravishing.10.

ਕਹੂੰ ਰਾਜਸੰ ਤਾਮਸੰ ਸਾਤਕੇਯੰ ॥ ਕਹੂੰ ਨਾਰ ਕੇ ਰੂਪ ਧਾਰੇ ਨਰੇਯੰ॥

कहूं राजसं तामसं सातकेयं ॥ कहूं नार के रूप धारे नरेयं॥

Somewhere He bears the quality of rajas (activity), somewhere tamas (morbidity) and somewhere sattva (rhythm). Somewhere He takes the form of a woman and somewhere man.

ਕਹੂੰ ਦੇਵੀਅੰ ਦੇਵਤੰ ਦਈਤ ਰੂਪੰ ॥ ਕਹੂੰ ਰੂਪ ਅਨੇਕ ਧਾਰੇ ਅਨੂਪੰ ॥੧੧॥

कहूं देवीअं देवतं दईत रूपं ॥ कहूं रूप अनेक धारे अनूपं ॥११॥

Somewhere He manifests Himself as a goddess, god and demon. Somewhere He appears in several unique forms.11.

ਕਹੂੰ ਫੂਲ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਕੈ ਭਲੇ ਰਾਜ ਫੂਲੇ ॥ ਕਹੂੰ ਭਵਰ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਕੈ ਭਲੀ ਭਾਂਤਿ ਭੂਲੇ ॥

कहूं फूल ह्वै कै भले राज फूले ॥ कहूं भवर ह्वै कै भली भांति भूले ॥

Somewhere He, taking the form of a flower, is rightly puffed up. Somewhere becoming a black bee, seems inebriated (for the flower).

ਕਹੂੰ ਪਉਨ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਕੈ ਬਹੇ ਬੇਗਿ ਐਸੇ ॥ ਕਹੇ ਮੋ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਕਥੋਂ ਤਾਹਿ ਕੈਸੇ ॥੧੨॥

कहूं पउन ह्वै कै बहे बेगि ऐसे ॥ कहे मो न आवै कथों ताहि कैसे ॥१२॥

Somewhere becoming the wind, moves with such speed, which is indescribable, how can I elucidate it? 12.

ਕਹੂੰ ਨਾਦ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਕੈ ਭਲੀ ਭਾਂਤਿ ਬਾਜੇ ॥ ਕਹੂੰ ਪਾਰਧੀ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਕੈ ਧਰੇ ਬਾਨ ਰਾਜੇ ॥

कहूं नाद ह्वै कै भली भांति बाजे ॥ कहूं पारधी ह्वै कै धरे बान राजे ॥

Somewhere He become a musical instrument, which is played appropriately. Somewhere He becomes a hunter who looks glorious with His arrow (in His bow).

ਕਹੂੰ ਮ੍ਰਿਗ ਹ੍ਵੈ ਕੈ ਭਲੀ ਭਾਂਤਿ ਮੋਹੇ ॥ ਕਹੂੰ ਕਾਮੁਕੀ ਜਿਉ ਧਰੇ ਰੂਪ ਸੋਹੇ ॥੧੩॥

कहूं म्रिग ह्वै कै भली भांति मोहे ॥ कहूं कामुकी जिउ धरे रूप सोहे ॥१३॥

Somewhere He becomes a deer and allures exquisitely. Somewhere He manifests Himself as Cupid`s wife, with impressive beauty.13.

ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਨ ਜਾਈ ਕਛੂ ਰੂਪ ਰੇਖੰ ॥ ਕਹਾਂ ਬਾਸ ਤਾ ਕੋ ਫਿਰੈ ਕਉਨ ਭੇਖੰ ॥

नहीं जान जाई कछू रूप रेखं ॥ कहां बास ता को फिरै कउन भेखं ॥

His Form and Mark cannot be comprehended. Where doth He live and what guise doth He adopt?

ਕਹਾ ਨਾਮ ਤਾ ਕੋ ਕਹਾ ਕੈ ਕਹਾਵੈ ॥ ਕਹਾ ਮੈ ਬਖਾਨੋ ਕਹੇ ਮੋ ਨ ਆਵੈ ॥੧੪॥

कहा नाम ता को कहा कै कहावै ॥ कहा मै बखानो कहे मो न आवै ॥१४॥

What is His Name and how he is called? How can I describle? He is Indescribable.14.

ਨ ਤਾ ਕੋ ਕੋਈ ਤਾਤ ਮਾਤੰ ਨ ਭਾਯੰ ॥ ਨ ਪੁਤ੍ਰੰ ਨ ਪੌਤ੍ਰੰ ਨ ਦਾਯਾ ਨ ਦਾਯੰ ॥

न ता को कोई तात मातं न भायं ॥ न पुत्रं न पौत्रं न दाया न दायं ॥

He hath no father, mother and brother. He hath no son, no grandson and no male and female nurses.

ਨ ਨੇਹੰ ਨ ਗੇਹੰ ਨ ਸੈਨੰ ਨ ਸਾਥੰ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਰਾਜ ਰਾਜੰ ਮਹਾ ਨਾਥ ਨਾਥੰ ॥੧੫॥

न नेहं न गेहं न सैनं न साथं ॥ महा राज राजं महा नाथ नाथं ॥१५॥

He hath no attachment, no home, no army and no companion. He is the Great King of kings and Great Lord of lords.15.

ਪਰਮੰ ਪੁਰਾਨੰ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰੰ ਪਰੇਯੰ ॥ ਅਨਾਦੰ ਅਨੀਲੰ ਅਸੰਭੰ ਅਜੇਯੰ ॥

परमं पुरानं पवित्रं परेयं ॥ अनादं अनीलं अस्मभं अजेयं ॥

He is Supreme, Ancient, Immaculate and in the Yond. He is beginningless. Stainless, Non-existent and Unconquerable.

ਅਭੇਦੰ ਅਛੇਦੰ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰੰ ਪ੍ਰਮਾਥੰ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਦੀਨ ਦੀਨੰ ਮਹਾ ਨਾਥ ਨਾਥੰ ॥੧੬॥

अभेदं अछेदं पवित्रं प्रमाथं ॥ महा दीन दीनं महा नाथ नाथं ॥१६॥

He is Indistinguishable, Indestructible, Holy and Paramount. He is the Most Humble of the meek and Great Lord of lords.16.

ਅਦਾਗੰ ਅਦਗੰ ਅਲੇਖੰ ਅਭੇਖੰ ॥ ਅਨੰਤੰ ਅਨੀਲੰ ਅਰੂਪੰ ਅਦ੍ਵੈਖੰ ॥

अदागं अदगं अलेखं अभेखं ॥ अनंतं अनीलं अरूपं अद्वैखं ॥

He is Stainless, Imperishable, Accountless and Guiseless. He is Limitless, Blemishless, Formless and Maliceless.

ਮਹਾ ਤੇਜ ਤੇਜੰ ਮਹਾ ਜ੍ਵਾਲ ਜ੍ਵਾਲੰ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਮੰਤ੍ਰੰ ਮਹਾ ਕਾਲ ਕਾਲੰ ॥੧੭॥

महा तेज तेजं महा ज्वाल ज्वालं ॥ महा मंत्र मंत्रं महा काल कालं ॥१७॥

He is the Most Effulgent of all lights and Supreme Conflagration of all fires. He is the Supreme Spell of all incantations and Supreme embodiment of Death over all such powers.17.

Bachitra natak, Dasam granth

Kala afghana says that Mahakal is one of the names of HIndu God shiv ji. AS Bachitra natak has

a refrence to Mahakal this is not a Granth of Sikhs.

But he seems to miss few lines down where name of Shiv ji comes as rudar alongside attributes of

God as Mahakal.

ਸਿਰੰ ਮਾਲ ਰਾਜੰ ॥ ਲਖੇ ਰੁਦ੍ਰ ਲਾਜੰ ॥

सिरं माल राजं ॥ लखे रुद्र लाजं ॥

The rosary of heads glorified neck Mahakal, seeing which the god Shiva feels abashed.

ਸੁਭੰ ਚਾਰ ਚਿੱਤ੍ਰੰ ॥ ਪਰਮੰ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰੰ ॥੨੨॥

सुभं चार चि्त्रं ॥ परमं पवित्रं ॥२२॥

Such a beautiful image appears magnificent and it is greatly holy.22.

Bachitra natak, Dasam granth

God is creator and destroyer of all . So Mahakal is functional attribute of God.

naanak kartaa karanhaar kar vaykhai thaap uthaap. ||25||

O Nanak, the Creator Lord is the Doer of all; He watches over all, and destroys what He has created. ||25||

ang 1412 , SGGS ji

God being unborn has no names. These Ram, Gopal, Govind, Gopal , kal, Mahakal are His functional names.

kirtam naam kathay tayray jihbaa.

With my tongue I chant the Names given to You.

sat naam tayraa paraa poorbalaa.

'Sat Naam' is Your perfect, primal Name.

ang 1082

In view of above we may conclude that followers of kala afghana are misleading sikh sangat on purpose by

picking one or two liners out of context.

Can someone summarize all related post of this whole thread so far so that we can close this thread?

Fateh!

- Mahakaal in Dasam Granth is the same as Ram, Narayan, Akal Purakh, etc etc in Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Overwhelming evidence provided by singh2 is too numerous to summarise.

The assenting opinions:

- Mahakaal cannot be God because he has said nothing about Mangoes. (Balbir Singh)

- Mahakaal cannot be God because I cannot think in anything but literal terms. (Kala Afghana ki Fauj)

- Dasam Granth cannot be Guru Gobind Singh Ji's writings because it has naughty words in it that give me a funny feeling in my lower tummy that I don't understand. (Kala Afghana ki Fauj)

- Mahakaal cannot be God but I am too tired to provide evidence so you just have to take my word for it until I make my TV appearance. (Kala Afghana ki Fauj),

Hope that helps. :LOL:

Regards,

K.

Excellent summary Kalyug. Only point to add is Balbir Singh asking the stupidist question of the century and then crying when he is refuted with a completely relevant counter-arguement in the form of questions he obviously is too nervous to answer, lest people think he has been lying about the mango he has eaten.

Dear all and Singh2 Jee!

Quote "kala afghna writes that God is mentioned as akal in SGGS ji but is mentioned as kal / mahakal in

Dasam Granth sahib. Because of this he opines that Dasam granth cann't be work of Guru Gobind singh ji."

All are within Lord's Hukam.

Akaal is Nirguna. Kaal is Sarguna God.

One blessed with Naam may merge into Akaal.

Others are in the clutches of Kaal.

Gurdev is singing. Please listen.

ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥

जिना सतिगुरु पुरखु न भेटिओ से भागहीण वसि काल ॥

Jinaa Satiguru Purakhu na bhetio se bhaagheeR vasi Kaal. sggs ang 40

Akaal and Kaal, both are mentioned in Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee too.

Quote from Shaheediyan Jee " . . . Only point to add is Balbir Singh asking the stupidist question of the century . . ."

Do you want some more candies?

Balbir Singh