Ayurveda Recipes For Health

Kaljug

For lung health and chronic bronchial asthma:

Insert about 7 or so cloves into a peeled banana and leave it in the fridge overnight. Eat it and the cloves next day. Eat nothing for an hour then drink some hot honey water (about 1tsp of honey).

Bone strength (also good for hair strength):

Take 5 parts dashamoola, 4 parts bhringaraj, 3 parts jatamamsi. Before bed, add 1/2 tsp of this mixture to 1 cup goats milk, boil then drink.

Circulatory health:

Mix 5 parts punarnava, 3 parts manjistha, 3 parts gokshura. Take 1/2 tsp twice daily with warm water after meals.

Anaemia and blood building:

Drink pomegranate juice, grape juice, beet juice and carrot juice together. The ayurvedic formulas abrak bhasma and loha bhasma are good also. Cook your food in sarbloh utensils if you are a vegetarian.

Mental fatigue (good for memory also):

Mix equal parts brahmi, jatamamsi, bhringaraj, shanka pushpi. Steep 1 tbsp herbs in a cup of hot water for 10 minutes. Drink on an empty stomach in the morning and in the evening.

Male hormones (good for low libido and useful for heavy martial arts practice):

1. Badaam dudh! Take a handful of almons, soak them overnight then in the morning peel them and put them in a blender or crush them by hand. Place it in a glass of hot cow's milk with a pinch of ginger, saffron and cardomom (add tumeric if you want). Take it every morning!

2. Make a mixture of equal parts ashwagandha (the indian equivalent of ginseng), bala and vadari. Take a 1/2 tsp of this mixture twice daily with goats milk.

The following are used in trauma medicine.

Stop bleeding:

Take a pinch of aloe mixed into a paste with tumeric and apply to wound.

Bruises and haematomas:

Apply a paste made of 1tsp tumeric, 1tsp sandalwood powder, and a pinch of alum. Mix the powders together with a little water to make a paste and apply with pressure onto the skin.

Back pain and strains:

Get Mata ji to make a roti, apply mustard oil and haldi on the roti, and apply to back!

Regards,

K.

Edited by Xylitol

Good stuff veer ji!

One thing to keep in mind, however, is that Ayurveda is based on the principle of keeping the body's elements in balance. Unless you know the current state of your body, it is difficult to know what to take. This isn't really related to the post above though.

Perhaps an English or Panjabi or even a Latin translation of the ingredients would be of help.

Fateh!

These are the ayurvedic names that are used even in English herb shops. No one would recognise the Latin names, but you can find a relatively comprehensive list here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_herbs_and_minerals_in_Ayurveda

You can get most of them in the UK from here:

http://www.PukkaHerbs.com

Regards,

K.

Edited by Kaljug

Good stuff veer ji!

One thing to keep in mind, however, is that Ayurveda is based on the principle of keeping the body's elements in balance. Unless you know the current state of your body, it is difficult to know what to take. This isn't really related to the post above though.

Fateh!

Yep, Ayurveda is a real science and it takes an expert to prescibe medicines for particular illnesses, but the above can be used by anyone. The general rule is that anyone can take ayurvedic remedies that have herbs for all 3 doshas in balanced form.

K.

• 5 months later...

for colds/coughs (and resha elemination). This is a super remedy and cures you in a matter of days.

Its fine to take this once or twice a week for general health also:

Instructions per cup:

1 Tablespoon of ghee/butter melted in a pan (literally for a few seconds) use low to medium heat, don't let milk boil throughout process;

2 Before the ghee/butter completely melts, add in one cup of milk;

3 Stir slowly with a wooden spoon - you need to keep stirring slowly throughout, so ingredients are fused/mixed smoothly;

4 Add one teasppon of haldi (real stuff as per previous posts) and stir in until it completely blends in;

5 Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt, thats right - sugar should be avoided when one has cold/cough/resha, salt helps absord the resha etc, keep stirring;

6 Add 6/7 letchian;

7 Bring to boil slowly, but stop as soon as milk boils. Mix again and strain/serve.

This should be taken in the morning and before you go to sleep (twice a day).

It suprisingly tastes very nice, the salt and letchian take away the haldi taste. If you find it does not suit your taste buds, add a tablespoon of 'real' honey i.e. Manuka, which has UMF ratings, honey above a 10+ rating is good.

Enjoy.

-orig. post by shaheediyan on http://www.sikhawareness.com//index.php?showtopic=12062&st=15,

thread deals with benefits of haldhi

Edited by Xylitol

GOOT for cold / flu

Things You'll Need:

* 3 TBSP coconut oil (heated enough to melt it)

* 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil

* 3 TBSP minced garlic (about 3 to 4 good sized cloves)

* Small blender or coffee grinder

* small lidded jar for storage

blend the coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil and minced garlic in the blender or coffee grinder for approximately two minutes.

#

Step 2

Strain this blended mixture into a small jar to remove any of the bigger pieces of garlic that didn't get blended in. Place a clean lid on the jar.

#

Step 3

Place the jar of GOOT in the refrigerator and in about an hour it will be solid like a salve. Keep this refrigerated until ready to use.

#

Step 4

Rub the GOOT onto the bottoms of the feet of the person who is sick. Put socks on the feet to keep the salve from rubbing off on furniture or carpet. Rub the GOOT onto the chest of a person who is coughing. Keep warm clothes over the area that has the GOOT on it. Rub the GOOT onto the neck of a person who has a sore throat or strep.

#

Step 5

Continue using the GOOT until the person reports feeling better or is no longer displaying symptoms of cold or flu. People have reported feeling some relief from cold and flu symptoms after the first use of GOOT.

notes:

#

use virgin coconut oil, it has antifungal properties. to melt it, run hot water over the jar.

#

Keep the GOOT refrigerated until ready to use.

#

Label and date the GOOT properly. After two weeks the GOOT should be discarded and a new batch prepared.

#

Always test the GOOT on a small area of skin to check for allergies before using on a widespread area.

#

Keep in the mind that the oil in the salve will stain any clothes or bed lines that it comes in contact with.

-http://www.ehow.com/how_4533940_colds-flu-garlic-based-goot.html

Edited by Xylitol

Tandahi – nutritional support for students/meditators, fixes medically caused concentration problems

This is a recipe for a drink that provides nutritional support for those who do lots of brainwork, such as students and serious meditators. The drink also can help if someone has a nose that runs whenever it is cold. Sometimes people meditate a lot but still have problems with concentration. In SOME cases this is due to an underlying nutritional deficit, and this drink can provide the nutrients to fix this concentration problem over time, when taken every day. The recipe was given to dass by Giani Thakur Singh ji

-soak almonds for minumum several hours and then peel the skin.

-grind almonds (after wiping dry) and charay mugaj and couscous (poppy seeds) in a coffee grinder, or crush them using mortar and pestle. I use about equal amounts of each b/c I’m not sure what is the best ratio to use.

-Also take 5 whole grains of unground black pepper, grind them. You don’t need too much black pepper.

-Add all ingredients to milk in pot, also add micerey (crystallized sugar you get from indian stores, not regular sugar). Bring milk slowly to a boil.

-http://khojee.wordpress.com/2009/12/08/tandahi-nutritional-support/

Edited by Xylitol

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

High or Low Blood Pressure

In case of very high or very low blood pressure: Take 1 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper with Warm water. In case cayenne pepper is not available, take 3 teaspoons of Black Pepper in Warm water. Blood pressure will be normal within few minutes!!!

Heart Attack

Take 1 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper with Warm water. In case cayenne pepper is not available, take 3 teaspoons of Black Pepper in Warm water. Heart attack will be stopped within 1 minute (if not within 30 seconds)!!!

Bleading

Take 1 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper with Warm water. In case cayenne pepper is not available, take 3 teaspoons of Black Pepper in Warm water. Bleeding will be stopped before your count 20!!!

For All Health Issues

Charged water prepared with Gold/Silver/Copper/Iron.

Edited by das

• 5 months later...

Black Tea Formula for Any kind of Kidney Problem(s) (Dr. Vohra)

Put 1 teaspoon of leaf tea (any tea will do like lipton/taj etc.) in one cup of water. Boil till it becomes half cup, then take it off the stove. Filter it and add half a cup of ordinary water (not from refrigerator). Do NOT add milk or sugar. Drink it hot for 12 to 15 days. In order to avoid any problem of kidneys, it is advisable to drink black tea for 12 to 15 days in a year.

Regular breakfast can be taken after 15/20 minutes. It is possible that one may get nausea. In that case put some crystal sugar or 1 or 2 cloves in the mouth. Do not worry even if there is vomiting. Continue drinking this black tea for 10/12 days. And again examine the first urine. If it has become clear and there is no bad smell in it, it denotes that the kidneys have started functioning normally, continue the treatment for 15 days.

Formula for Urinary Passage Problems (Channeled Information)

The combination of: Raw Onion, Raw Ginger, and home made Curd/Yogurt is a powerful medicine for all urinary system problems in both men and women. Dosage is: At-least once a day, take: 2 slices of raw ginger (length and thickness of index finger); and Half raw onion (of small size onion but not salad size onions); and a bowl of yogurt. One can also grate raw onion with raw ginger and mix it with yogurt. This information is channelled.

Blood Purification and Circulation Formula (Channeled Information)

This combination is a powerful blood thinner and extremely beneficial in all blood problems including blood clots. Prevention Dosage is: At-least once a day, 2 slices of raw ginger (length and thickness of index finger); and Half raw onion (of small size onion but not salad size onions). One can also grate raw onion with raw ginger and eat 2 tablespoons at one time. For serious problems increase the dosage to 3 times a day.

Blood Generation Formula (Dr. Vohra)

Take black dried raisins as may be required daily. Soak them in half a cup of water overnight. Eat these black raisins as mentioned below and drink the water. Then give a break of 8/10 days and then follow the same process again.

Day 1: Eat 1 soaked raisin 3 times: morning, afternoon, and evening.

Day 2: Eat 2 soaked raisins 3 times: morning, afternoon, and evening.

Day 3: Eat 3 soaked raisins 3 times: morning, afternoon, and evening.

Day 4: Eat 4 soaked raisins 3 times: morning, afternoon, and evening.

Day 5: Eat 4 soaked raisins 3 times: morning, afternoon, and evening.

Day 6: Eat 4 soaked raisins 3 times: morning, afternoon, and evening.

Day 7: Eat 3 soaked raisins 3 times: morning, afternoon, and evening.

Day 8: Eat 2 soaked raisins 3 times: morning, afternoon, and evening.

Day 9: Eat 1 soaked raisin 3 times: morning, afternoon, and evening.

• 5 years later...
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, Premi said:

Interesting topic and posts, can anyone recommend any good books too?

In the Sikh tradition there is Kavi Sainapat's Ram Binod Granth from the early 1700s on Ayurveda and the later Megh Binod Granth by the nirmala scholar Ganesha Singh from the early 1900s. I have not read any of them, but i've seen a quote from the Nirmala granth wherein he urges Indians not to opt for Western medicine but rather stay loyal to the Indian traditions of medicine.

20 hours ago, amardeep said:

I also think I have an Ayurvedic granth in Gurmukhi at home, i'll try and see if I can find it. It's not that old though, - I think 1950s or so.

Who is it written by? Is it a translation of Sanskrit ayurvedic knowledge from old texts or not? I've been wanting to know the use of Ayurveda in the Sikh military. 

1 hour ago, tva prasad said:

Who is it written by? Is it a translation of Sanskrit ayurvedic knowledge from old texts or not? I've been wanting to know the use of Ayurveda in the Sikh military. 

I couldn’t find it. Maybe it was a Granth I found on Punjab digital library then. I once remember going trough a book with no front page or title but looking at the content I could tell it was about medicine. Try look on Punjab digital library they have all kinds of gold there. The udasis and nirmale did stuff on medicine in the Sikh tradition. I heard that sewa panthis also did due to their lineage of Bhai Ghaneya but I’ve never seen anything from them