Vivek Pradipika

Matheen

WJKK! WJKF!

Just got my copy today, and thought it would be a good idea to have a thread on here where people can ask questions or generally talk about the book, and maybe tsingh will be able to answer them.

Initial impressions are positive, will post more later.

anyone get through this book yet?

currently i am going through it, but its taking me longer as i am noting down all interesting/vedāntic knowledge as i come across it

i.e. if anyone has read the first few pages the differences between vāsnā's, etc

so far, its a great read, it picks up on where bhavrasamrit left me hanging

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to find out if anyone manage to read the full book, if yes then does anyone want to take a little seva to write a little review on it here for wider sangat ?? :envelope:

I got the book yesterday and will hopefully finish it soon, after a second read ill put up my thoughts :). So far its a very good read and covers things which I have been reading into anyway.

N30,

I would do a cyber-benti for you to give your thoughts on what you've read so far as your priceless gems make all of us go into a stage of antar-anant-sat-chit-anand-mangal-saroop!

I also feel, as people who are linked to tsingh, even through a cyberconnection of being part of the same cyber community, we should engage in discussions on various aspects here and be very honest about what we understand and what we don't understand.

This will open up dialogue for everyone!

N30,

I would do a cyber-benti for you to give your thoughts on what you've read so far as your priceless gems make all of us go into a stage of antar-anant-sat-chit-anand-mangal-saroop!

I also feel, as people who are linked to tsingh, even through a cyberconnection of being part of the same cyber community, we should engage in discussions on various aspects here and be very honest about what we understand and what we don't understand.

This will open up dialogue for everyone!

Ive got through over half of the book, it is a good read, well written and explains various concepts well. My only qualm with the book is the margins are very tight, so the text goes very close to the binding, meaning you have to stretch the book out flat in order to read the last word in the sentence, or maybe that is my own pickyness. Other then that, another great publication by TSingh. Keep up the good work.

• 1 month later...

Its amazing.

It shows how degenrate todays thinking and questioning/searching (khoj) ability (as well as knowledge base) for Sikhs has become.

I would recommened reading one Preshn/Utar per day and doing vichaar on it (and the excellent commentry via Gurbani/Shaastri Vidya T Singh has provided).

If one wants to understand what sort of high level khoj the mind is capable of - and get in touch with the understanding of early - mid 18th c Gurmat Sidhant - buy this book. Bibek-sar truely lives up to its name. I can't wait for future publications!

Hopefully more of Pandit Ghulab Singh jis works are on the cards.

Everyone is lauding the work, but no one discussing the contents??? Lame!

Does it describe the nature of duality?

Buy the book.

I plan to you admin cut. Does that mean you can't discuss what you have read in any case.

What a jerk.

I think the book would be wasted on you as you have a self confessed aversion to all things 'Hindu & Out-dated'.

Plus you have a serious case of Asooyaa, which explains the above.

There you go again.

Wallowing unrestrained in your own self congratulatory magnificence. Go on tiger. So you read the book and now you're a brahm giani.

You have a serious case of being an arsehole. I don't think the book can help you. You need something more powerful.

just for your information dalsingh

the book discusses very deep philosophical issues such as duality, maya, etc.

Thanks for that. A little heads up on the section on duality would be nice if you have a scanner or some time. I do plan to buy the book but it would be nice to get a little taste now. I brought a bunch yesterday, so I'm in no rush to buy Vivek Pradipika right now.

Plus it wouldn't hurt if we discussed such things amongst the brothers.

I just thought Shaheediyan's response to my request was unwarranted. Implying I was some cheapskate. In anycase, what if it was some poor Sikh who was asking, who wanted to know and couldn't afford the book? Should we insult him and call him a cheapskate or should we try and help each other expand our gian?

I'm just saying.