Possible Reasons For Sukh Nidhaan

Kaljug

I was at a nihang dal and a nihang who had to do granthi seva made some degh and he became totally out of it.Somebody else had to do the granthi seva.

I went to damdama sahib and there was a nihang make degh there.Me and my father decided to ask him some questions about the degh.We asked him what his opinion about the Bhai desa Singh rehitnama were it mentions ganja and not to use it.He said he doesn't believe in any modern rehits and he only believes what he thinks is puratan.We asked if he can live with out it and he said no.He then showed us his arm which has been broken for over 30 years.He said he doesn't need to fix it.Afterwards he got frustrated and told us to leave.If sukh Niddan make a person into an addict who doesn't repair their injuries then I don't need any of that stuff.

Also if you guys want some more stories about some Nihangs who were high just ask me.

Sukh Niddan should only be used as a painkiller when somebody is badly wounded and only then.I don't try getting high on Advil but only use it as a painkiller when my body is aching or my head is hurting bad.

what you say is true , unnecessary pushing in drugs and addiction is not in lines with Gurbani so such actions cannot be condoned.

Doing it round the year is killing and the effect on brain is damaging. If had on ocassions and in moderation then it would be a different case.

It should only be used when badly injured.There should be no exceptions.

I couldn't give a toss about these minor infringements. If the crap hit the fan and people were getting murdered no one would care if a fighter took cannabis or alcohol as long as they did their job to fight and protect. That's the truth of our history. That's not to condone drug taking or alcoholism (too many people use our history as some sort of justification for their behaviour in this dept.), but an acknowledgement of ground realities when the shit hits the fan.

If you read Panth Prakash Bhangu explains bhang taking as a mood enhancer in times of acute stress but too many of the type of kuttarh fudus who'd never put their neck on the line and live comfortable lives want to ignore this.

• 2 years later...

Well as per posts from another thread, we now know more about the cannabinoids in the plant and how some of them can be, and are, used medicinally, so we know there are reasons for imbibing outside of wanting to get high.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by dalsingh101

I find the 5 pattey thing fascinating because normally people imbibe the buds which haveĀ a MUCH higher THC content, notĀ the leaves?Ā 

• 1 year later...

@jaikaara r u a nihang ?

On ā€Ž3ā€Ž/ā€Ž10ā€Ž/ā€Ž2015 at 6:24 PM, jaikaara said:

5 pattey is fine , bhaang is legal where i stay ...there are licensed shops here ..i had it a few times and felt high ..the quality is fresh and got a good kick...if you 'fight' with it to relieve yourself of the 'high'Ā  it hits back .

Ā 

Ā 

Just now, tva prasad said:

ur r into to weapons n nihang stuff so I asked. : D

Shastars are my interest and since the last few years i managed to learn a little about them .With Gurukirpa i have had some virtual sangat and met the DalPanth during Dussehra at Hazur Sahib , last 2 years i haven't been able to go ..i attended Dussehra Halla every year from 2010-2014

Just now, jaikaara said:

Shastars are my interest and since the last few years i managed to learn a little about them .With Gurukirpa i have had some virtual sangat and met the DalPanth during Dussehra at Hazur Sahib , last 2 years i haven't been able to go ..i attended Dussehra Halla every year from 2010-2014

COOL!!! do u know how to do gatka? I love ā¤ gatka SO MUCH!!!!

10 hours ago, jaikaara said:

Nahi yaar i did wish to learn but the only people who teach in our city are from AKJ which in no way will teach sehajdhaaris.

sad. you can learn it from youtube too, there are online tutorials. that's where i learnt some of the moves from. it's ready handy to learn gatka.Ā 

12 hours ago, tva prasad said:

sad. you can learn it from youtube too, there are online tutorials. that's where i learnt some of the moves from. it's ready handy to learn gatka.Ā 

acha? i seen some demos didnt know there were tutorials , i have learnt some stick fencing years back and a few moves of sword fencing .

5 hours ago, jaikaara said:

acha? i seen some demos didnt know there were tutorials , i have learnt some stick fencing years back and a few moves of sword fencing .

all u have to do I type in "gatka tutorials" on youtube/ google (videos). It shows u how to use all sorts of weapons (teer, talwar, neja, etc.) :)

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Regarding poppy seeds aka cuss cuss, I was walking past a few desi shops recently and came across many sikh shop owners selling dry poppy batteh. Question I wanted to ask Ā if you are able to use unrefined poppy seeds(not the ones you get from TRS and natco packets etc) should this be an option?Ā 

Also what wood is traditionally used by singhs to do ragra?.

Ā 

Sorry tva parshad, learning how to use weaponary via website videos can be dangerous! please be careful. However most weaponary used by gatka students is blunt.

I personally find the new craze gatka disgusting and disrespectful to women and guruji.

Regard

Crystal

Also if sukh niddan was only used as a pain killer then why does rattan singh bhangru's granth mention numerous times one of the first things the likes of baba gurbaxs singh ji shaheed was to do ragra then start his day or sukha singh shaheed drinking degh and going for a walk/ planning skirmish/ambush attacks on mughals/afghans.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/mobi/news/sunday-special/people/nihangs-wrestle-with-bhang-legacy/280357.html

Crystal

4 hours ago, tva prasad said:

@crystal u r not supposed to use real weapons as a beginner anyway. Use something to represent a sword.

p.s. How is gatka disrespectfull to women and guru ji???

It is disrespectful to every single khalsa of old, have a look at the picture I have attached.

This topic is about DEGH, however gatka does not have any true strikes. If you think of two armies meeting in battle formation where would spinning and jumping in the air come into the equation? You would be picked off by arrows, projectiles, bullets and even a cut by a sword/stabbed.

It is disrespectful to women as they were taught how to defend themselves with daggers, other weapons, fighting in groups etc to overcome the rapist/robber/mughal. Read Rattan Singh Bhangus granth on how singhnis attacked and fought. Ā 

Take an account of Guru Hargobind jis in battle, he killed his enemy in one strike/stroke of his sword not many strikes.Ā 

To align a group of guys showing how macho they are with no true vidiya to the likes of gurujis vidiya is disrespectful.Ā 

We need to learn true arts and learn how to defend ourselves, whatever they maybe, BJJ, m thai, boxing, the streets is not a gatka competition, I do not see how gatka can be used when your attacker could be within an arms length and you don't have a soti in your hand.

14695468_10153768690116612_5916308400800539478_n.jpg