Huldee (Tumeric) In Hot Milk - Anyone Take This?

dalsingh101

You can get turmeric in the form of tablets to take.

Another thing that helps with arthritis is various berries which have anti inflammatory properties such as cherries, starwberries, blueberries. Cherry is good, if you can juice, make your own fresh ones. Try eat berries daily with breakfast will help. Green tea helps, make sure you drink plenty of water and eat loads of greens. Stress is a big factor in that, fix sleeping patterns and take out the bits and bobs your doing wrong and you shouldn't be doing stop doing all the regular naughty stuff.

There are two types of Haldi:

1. The standard stuff you get from your local desi shop and you use in your dhaal/saabji, it doesn't do much more than add colour to your food and a bit of taste; and

2. "Kachi Haldi" - this is the medicinal quality grade that should be used as stated in the above posts. To look at, this is slightly darker colour and the aroma is a lot more stronger/pungent.

They both come from the same plant source but are processed differently. I think, The standard version is boiled down then sun-dried then powdered and the Kachi version is just straight sun-dried and powerded.

If you want Kachi-haldi, you are better off asking some-one from India to get it for you. As far I know it is not available commercially in the UK.

I know that the 3HO guys eat a lot of this stuff and swear by it as part of their yogic diet. Also, recently I read i some tabloid that western/US scientists have just "discovered" the anti-cancer properties of tumeric and are researching this further.

oh dear, I been drinking the wrong haldi!

• 1 year later...

A very old wise man once told me upon the discussion of haldi that you wanna be careful "ke dil teh na bejaveh"

This means you gottabe careful it doesnt clog up in the coronary arteries. Just look at haldi if you get it on your clothes it is a nightmare to clean off. SO YOU WANNA BE CAREFUL TOO MUCH CAN BE BAD.

Personally in the past io have eaten haldi roots just like ginger roots and it is far more fresh and tastier, this has a more antiseptic effect - raising immunity. Haldi in milk is good for you digestive system and is popularly believed to be good for healing wounds. However haldi you get in the shops is far from the fresh stuff which is far more effective and potent. Personally we get plenty of haldi from our currys so i wouldn't advise extra use. If you wanna be healthy and strong then buffalo milk is the secret SEE BELOW

As you can see from the chart, buffalo milk has 58% more calcium, 40% more protein, and 43% less cholesterol than cow’s milk........http://buffalomilk.co.uk/?page_id=63

Nah, I tried goat milk once and it was disgusting so I decided to just stick to blue top. People have recommended buffalo milk to me as well as other ones like almond milk but I thought that's just what people like as they're Italian or our lot who believe in that rubbish about Asians not being suited to dairy products. I never had any problems or health issues with normal milk so it's not something I've looked into too deeply.

I go for blue top organic myself.

Very creamy.

2 big bottles for £3.

Edited by dalsingh101

• 1 year later...

I did actually make my own ground huldhee this year by drying chopped pieces in the sun (used the grill a bit as well). Came out nice.

But be careful, that famous yellow 'colouring' flows in abundance when you are chopping the stuff up! Don't ruin your garms!

Edited by dalsingh101

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Man! They are rocking huldee in space now! And they know about the black pepper effect too...

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I think this shows us that there is A LOT of interest in traditional folk remedies out there.

BTW. I read black pepper (kali mirch) increases the body's absorption of compounds in huldhee by 2000% in the article above!!!!!!

I just bought a bunch of fresh huldhee the other day and am hoping to dry it in the hot weather we are currently having in London. 

20 hours ago, paapiman said:

Maybe a technical glitch.

Bhul chuk maaf

Nah, I think it reflects what many people are interested in. Natural health solutions. 

If you're on the forum as some fat c**t or someone who isn't remotely interested in healthy diet and training (I'm talking generally here, not specifically aiming it at anyone), then you'd probably be too dumb or lazy to understand. Not saying that I'm obsessed with these things but I've got some grasp that they are important - and I think there are many people like me out there. 

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, dalsingh101 said:

BTW. I read black pepper (kali mirch) increases the body's absorption of compounds in huldhee by 2000% in the article above!!!!!!

It was very interesting to read that and the Newcastle uni  Dr.'s study.  I realized that i'm simply not taking enough. Need a teaspoon or more per day.

Huldee is fat-soluble, meaning it wont dissolve or be absorbed as effectively in water base product. Using oil base or hot milk is good. 

I'm not a fan of hot milk version and am going to try it mixed in yoghurt with ground black peppercorns...and a little salt?  Not sure if this would be as effective? ...seems to dissolve quite well.  Will  give it a 14-21 day trial whist doing my intense workout regime and see how it goes.  Doing Buddha bowl diet at same time and may see what else I can mix it in with.

10 hours ago, Lucky said:

It was very interesting to read that and the Newcastle uni  Dr.'s study.  I realized that i'm simply not taking enough. Need a teaspoon or more per day.

Huldee is fat-soluble, meaning it wont dissolve or be absorbed as effectively in water base product. Using oil base or hot milk is good. 

I'm not a fan of hot milk version and am going to try it mixed in yoghurt with ground black peppercorns...and a little salt?  Not sure if this would be as effective? ...seems to dissolve quite well.  Will  give it a 14-21 day trial whist doing my intense workout regime and see how it goes.  Doing Buddha bowl diet at same time and may see what else I can mix it in with.

What's the Buddha bowel diet?

Also, what I tried the other day was chopping up a bit of the fresh stuff (not powder) into tiny pieces and boiling this with milk (and a tiny pinch of freshly ground pepper). It actually tasted quite good to me although the quantity of huldhee was probably much lower than with powder. When I get a moment I'm going to peel and dry the fresh huldhee I got to make some powder from it. That way I'll get more quantity in the drink. 

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, dalsingh101 said:

What's the Buddha bowel diet?

It's grains(brown rice, quinoa) with mixture of vegetables, protein and tahini or ginger sauce. You can google and you'll find a whole load of different recipes.  Have a look below to get an idea.......

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/whats-a-buddha-bowl/

We always add some fruit in addition,... like fresh pineapple, oranges, pear..and give it a cook on the griddle until grill marks appear.  It's not really a diet per se and  I'm having it about 4 days a week. Especially on days when workout is mainly weights without cardio. That way testosterone levels are up, especially with foods like soya beans, avocado and spinach. 

I started this some weeks ago and needed a method to increase muscle mass without having to worry about weight gain in the wrong areas. It seems to be going pretty well so far with results coming along.  

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, dalsingh101 said:

Also, what I tried the other day was chopping up a bit of the fresh stuff (not powder) into tiny pieces and boiling this with milk (and a tiny pinch of freshly ground pepper). It actually tasted quite good to me although the quantity of huldhee was probably much lower than with powder. When I get a moment I'm going to peel and dry the fresh huldhee I got to make some powder from it. That way I'll get more quantity in the drink. 

I was using huldee root for quite a while and cutting it up to put in nutribullet smoothies. The main problem was the stains it would leave on my hands that wouldn't always wash off easy. I think I'm gonna stick with the powder and just have it like a yoghurt sauce with black peppercorns and see how it goes. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/4/2018 at 6:27 PM, dalsingh101 said:

Turmeric pills with black pepper extract.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/3-x-TURMERIC-BLACK-PEPPER-EXTRACT-CAPSULES-CURCUMIN-95-TUMERIC-STRONGEST-PILLS/262323708680?epid=2209469801&hash=item3d13b62308:g:RTkAAOSwurNbSOiI

Bhul chuk maaf