Shardaa Pooran Granth

Through the grace of the late Sant Baba Joga Singh Ji,

I have come across the Shardaa Pooran Granth which was attributed to Bhai Mani Singh Shahid. I know many members wanted information on this particular granth, its quite interesting from my viewing so far.

The granth contains various lines from gurbani and it gives a method of how many times to say it in how many days to reap certain fruits. From what I've read these include, aatamik gyaan, making ones (mind) shaant (peaceful), to get darshan (view) of Guru Ji, to get rid of dukh (pain) and illness, and even stuff like making it rain so crops grow, to yield a good produce in your fields, to get a wife quickly.

The methodology of how to do these are interesting and it is explained at the start. The mangalacharans are also interesting and I will post them.

The most interesting one, in my opinion, was one where it said if you do 7,000 recitations of the shabad below, from Tuesday till the next Tuesday. So that would be 1000 recitations per day.

Sunai Saraa Gunaa Ke Gaaha

Sunai Sek Peer Patishaah

Sunai Ande Paavah Raahu

Sunai Haath Hovai Asgaahu

Nanak Bhagata Sadaa Vigaas

Sunai Dookh Paap Ka Naas

The phal (reward) of this would be to get darshan (view) in your sleep of your Isht Dev.

I will post more, if anyone has any information about this granth, or questions let me know. One member of the board asked me if I could photograph the whole granth. I will digitize the granth, but as exams are coming up in december, it might not till happen till mid to late dec.

Thats coreect!

I have this granth at home, it has over 1000 shabads in it, and from experience, it does work wonders. However, you have to keep good rahit and you will be tested through out your shabads. My Uncle, from india, started to do some and they also worked for him. Once he started Chandi Di Vaar and on the 30th, out of the 40th day he was reciting this shabad, he started to her Jingles,a bit like chanjars. As time went on, he started to hear these more intensely and realised that the sounds that he was hearing were the sounds of weapons being struck. He went to a pind called 'Bhangal' and there was a sant ji there and up on reaching the Dera, he saw Limbs of sant ji scattared everywhere around his Porra. Understanding this aparition, he did matha teekh at the dera and made his way back to his home. One his way home, he was approached by a young child and the child said 'What you saw back at the dera was correct, do not fear. You have been a victim of black magic and now Maharaj Ji has done Kirpa on you, go back home and distribute Dhaliya (Porrige) within your village and then on the next pooranmashi do an Akhand Paath' My Uncle then was distracted by some noise that happened behind him, he looked around to check what the noise was and there was nothing there. Upon turning around to speak to the child, there was no one there. The child had gone, nowhere to be seen. There were no trees for him to hide behind, he was amased.

If you like, i can Scan these and put them up if you like?

Thats coreect!

I have this granth at home, it has over 1000 shabads in it, and from experience, it does work wonders. However, you have to keep good rahit and you will be tested through out your shabads. My Uncle, from india, started to do some and they also worked for him. Once he started Chandi Di Vaar and on the 30th, out of the 40th day he was reciting this shabad, he started to her Jingles,a bit like chanjars. As time went on, he started to hear these more intensely and realised that the sounds that he was hearing were the sounds of weapons being struck. He went to a pind called 'Bhangal' and there was a sant ji there and up on reaching the Dera, he saw Limbs of sant ji scattared everywhere around his Porra. Understanding this aparition, he did matha teekh at the dera and made his way back to his home. One his way home, he was approached by a young child and the child said 'What you saw back at the dera was correct, do not fear. You have been a victim of black magic and now Maharaj Ji has done Kirpa on you, go back home and distribute Dhaliya (Porrige) within your village and then on the next pooranmashi do an Akhand Paath' My Uncle then was distracted by some noise that happened behind him, he looked around to check what the noise was and there was nothing there. Upon turning around to speak to the child, there was no one there. The child had gone, nowhere to be seen. There were no trees for him to hide behind, he was amased.

Mit,

Was this Bhangal in Nawanshahar?

I know that there is an old time Nirmala sadhu who lives there. You need to go through the cremation area to get to their kutia.

If you like, i can Scan these and put them up if you like?

hi Jattboot

Im not sure about location, but i can definately find out for you dude! Also, there was a pind called 'Chokran' where they went and the same happened there also. And yes, to get to bhanghal, my uncle had to go through a Shamsaar Garh. Woulf you loke for e to uplead some shabads for you?

Mit

thats fine, i will do it once i get my scanner all hooked up! I have a spare book at home. I think the other name for this granth is Sankat Mochan Shabad.If anyone would like it, i will send it across to whoever wants it. alternatively, i have been thinking if the SA Modarators would open a 'Global Library' there other Steeks/Shabads would be made available online in a PDF format of some sort. Just a thought as i have never seen this service available on other Sikh websites/Forums....

Mit.

I have come across the Shardaa Pooran Granth which was attributed to Bhai Mani Singh Shahid. I know many members wanted information on this particular granth, its quite interesting from my viewing so far.

The granth contains various lines from gurbani and it gives a method of how many times to say it in how many days to reap certain fruits. From what I've read these include, aatamik gyaan, making ones (mind) shaant (peaceful), to get darshan (view) of Guru Ji, to get rid of dukh (pain) and illness, and even stuff like making it rain so crops grow, to yield a good produce in your fields, to get a wife quickly.

The methodology of how to do these are interesting and it is explained at the start. The mangalacharans are also interesting and I will post them.

The most interesting one, in my opinion, was one where it said if you do 7,000 recitations of the shabad below, from Tuesday till the next Tuesday. So that would be 1000 recitations per day.

Sunai Sek Peer Patishaah

Sunai Ande Paavah Raahu

Sunai Dookh Paap Ka Naas

The phal (reward) of this would be to get darshan (view) in your sleep of your Isht Dev.

I will post more, if anyone has any information about this granth, or questions let me know. One member of the board asked me if I could photograph the whole granth. I will digitize the granth, but as exams are coming up in december, it might not till happen till mid to late dec.

gurfateh in the copy of sharda pooran granth dass gt( sodee teja singh jee one)

fr the pauree, its talks about taking away rog of eyes...

and doin it with jal, and sprnking in your eyes?!!?!?

hmm??! why the differnce?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Now, please don't get my question wrong.

But how does this fall in line with Gurmat?

Thanks

Sunai Sek Peer Patishaah

Sunai Ande Paavah Raahu

Sunai Dookh Paap Ka Naas

Hi,

Now, please don't get my question wrong.

But how does this fall in line with Gurmat?

Thanks

It may not be in line with a strict modern interpretation of Gurmat, but people come to Sikhi with very different avasthas. For some people, it is through the sadhanas of Sharda Pooran to obtain their needs that they have their first experience of bhagti.

Anyone who obtains success with these sadhanas obtains a boost in their belief in the power of Gurbani and the reality of Akal Purakh, and from this initial experience, it is usually not too long before they study Gurbani and come to the realisation that the only goal worth praying for is union with Akal.

K.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone try it? Does it work? Because if it does, I am doing it.

If you have sharda, it works fine. If you are not meant to succeed in any of these sadhanas, then you will not be able to complete them. It is worth attempting them just to experience how real the power of maya in Kaljug is even if maya does not allow you to get the phal of these bania.

K.

Sunai Sek Peer Patishaah

Sunai Ande Paavah Raahu

Sunai Dookh Paap Ka Naas

What is Isht Dev?

also are the 1000 jaaps a day to be done in one sitting? can it be done standing? walking? etc...

also what other types of rewards are there? from the different japs in the granth? maybe you could post more in english as my punjabi isnt the best

Edited by Chakarvarti

• 10 years later...

Sat Sri Akal veerji!,

i have experience about shradha pooran granth. My late mamaji introduced me to that when i was 9 years old. And told me that first i have to maintain my nitmen of all 5 baniya if i want to do a path from that granth. Since then, i firts kept trying for my nitnem and when i felt that now my nitnem is fully maintained and I don’t miss, I started with path of vidyavichari for my education because i wanted to come to canada. And then i have done whole lot of different paths for different purposes along with my nitnem every morning and i have never been disappointed. All it need is trust on waheguru ji. I am in canada since 2018.
waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh.