Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Simply great.

Thanks a lot for your constant inspirations for all of us. That with determination and hard work, the most difficult tasks can be achieved.

And God realization is the most wonderful one among all, but even then, we moorakhs need constant hammering with positive vibrations from people like you or Sat1176 Jee.

Thank you Jee.

Sat Sree Akal

Have had some amazing meditations in last few weeks.

The change I made was to set my alarm clock to 25 minutes and begin. The time clock giving me a period of focusses time and a goal really sets my mind to the task. The first few minutes I allow my mind to chatter its conversation about my life and thoughts, after I fell away from this and the mind becomes silent I start to lose connection to my body and the outside world. During the whole period before the alarm I have now completely disconnected to any outside stimuli and the only thing that breaks my meditation is the alarm going off at the end. Try it.

Interesting:

Concentration leads to one-pointedness, prolonged concentration leads to meditation, and through meditation the mind expands to a superconscious state which is called samadhi. However Patanjali warns us the practice of concentration must be accompanied by non-attachment , for the one who tries to concentrate whilst remaining attached to things of the world will either fail altogether or his acquired power will lead him into great danger because he will use it for selfish ends.

Samadhi is also when you going beyond the mind.

Edited by Sat1176

• 3 weeks later...

I had a very strange new experience last night which has left me rather surprised and some what disorientated. I will try and explain what happened.

For the past few weeks I have been trying to do mental simran with eyes closed and try and fall asleep whilst doing simran. Last night I think my mind slipped into some other state but I was aware that my body was sleeping. I vividly recall saying in this state that I am asleep and fully aware of the fact. The simran carried on in this dark conscious state and I could still hear the mental simran. All of a sudden the simran accelerated in pace and the sound of drum started beating vividly and I recall me trying to keep my simran with the beat of the drum but couldn't sustain this state very long. I then awoke to find my heart was pounding like I really been pushed to the limit.

Furthermore I recall me coming back out sleep on a number of occasions and I would restart the mental simran and try and go back into sleep. When I awoke this morning it took me sometime to recompose myself. Mentally I felt like I had really been doing simran for ages and was exhausted.

Because this is the first time this has ever happened to me I'm not sure what to make of it. I could be mistaken and I was in fact doing simran in a dream like state (dream within a dream). Who knows.... Anyway logging here and will see if it happens again.

Edited by Sat1176

Hi! Wjkk Wjkf! I'm new here and was reading your thread and felt like maybe you guys could help me out.

So, I'm pretty young at almost 17 now, but some really strange things have been happening to me. It started out with me feeling like I was sinking through the ground when I was little and going to sleep. I felt like I was falling into hell. I'm sure now that that was just my body becoming really relaxed. Anyways, as I got older, in my middle school years, is when I started out experiencing what I now know to be OBE's or Out of body experiences. They were completely involuntary, and extremely scary because it was very frightening. My soul would literally start lifting out of my body and it only happened when I was going to sleep. Since it was so scary for me, I would force myself back in before I completely left. Sometimes, my soul would start to slip out several times in one night. I started experimenting to see if this was something I could control or if it was completely involuntary and realised that I could, to an extent. I couldn't completely leave which I suspect may be because of blockage in my chakra. That was around a year or two ago, I haven't tried since.

I consulted a Baba ji I had met that did Sukhmani Sahib de paat, in India. When I first met him at my massi's house after their paat was done, our family had been sitting down and just talking before he looked at my siblings and I and asked who we were. When it was my turn, he told me that I was a kismat vale, fortunate one, I believe if you translate into English. I didn't believe it was true and still don't to this day, but that was why I had decided to ask him the next time I went to India, which was 2 years later.

His nature was very gentle and peaceful. When I went to see him, he knew right away I came to ask him something. We talked for a while and I told him about the experiences. He told me sometimes if the soul is not getting enough of its food, that being naam, it may try to leave to find it else where. He then closed his eyes and seemed to be listening to something for a while. The Baba ji told me that I had done some bandagi in a past life and Seva of some Sant Mahapursh and Guru Sahib had blessed me with this gift.

But I am confused. Isn't this a ridhi-sidhi, and something I should stay away from using? Being young and scared, I had told my friend of what was happening to me, who told her dad. And her dad does a lot bandagi and had some things happen to him too. He told me that I can use this for my benefit and that Guru Sahib gave me this gift, so I can meet him.

I'm just kind of confused on if I should leave this be or if it is in fact something I can use to bring myself closer to Guru Sahib. I just don't want to try that and end up realizing that it was a ridhi sidhi and it took me further away from him. I don't try to leave anymore even though occasionally something happens.

There's others things I'm curious to know more about, but perhaps I'll share them another time.

Anyways, what are your thoughts? Has this happened to someone else?

Welcome Gurjot bhen ji,

From little I have heard when your sukam body leaves your physical body you might have the ability to take this sukam sareer anywhere you wish to go. If your able to leave your body at will I'm guessing you actually don't have any blockages in your chakras.

Do you do much naam simran. The mahapursh has given you an indication of what you need to do.

Harsharan, kindly posted a video on this thread some time ago which you might also find useful and mentions what you are experiencing already.

Indeed very blessed.

Edited by Sat1176

Please don't take this as official advice,.... it's just what I understand with regards to my knowledge, time and experience..

I do have a little understanding of what's going on, but your own experiences will confirm in time.

The OBE you describe, is kind of like your soul trying to go out and look for naam, but this naam has to come in the consciousness, fro what I comprehend.

It is a little complicated, but in simple terms I would say that.....

We can all experience the other dimensions, realms,...spiritual worlds...or whatever you want to call them, by 2 methods- from what I gather.

1st method -is the astral/soul/atma....or OBE like you mention...

2nd method- is by raising and expanding your Consciousness..... using mind focus on shabad.

Expansion and elevation of consciousness is by self effort and not usually a gift you can be born with.

Naam simran will help you achieve this and write your lekha.

When you elevate your consciousness, then you can be experiencing realms anywhere in the universe all at once(since there is no time!)...Without having to leave or separate from your body.

This is the kind of idea of becoming jivan mukht and experiencing sachkhand whilst alive.

I have no idea if the 1st method alone can get you towards satguru, but I have been advised to stay focused on the 2nd method in order to experience waheguru, whilst remaining intact in your body.

In my opinion this 2nd method is gurmat providing you stay absorbed in the gur-shabad in the practice of naam simran.

NOTE- I find that the term astral travel is used quite loosely.

Astral bodies can move in the lower and darker realms, which we have to be careful of.

We are not interested in soul travel alone (and that can be possible!), but we need to go via the 2nd method of consciousness elevation and expansion.

If your still not sure what I mean, then you can pm and i can try explain in more depth.

But I know you can't go wrong if you stick with Gurshabad and simran.

Edited by Lucky

I struggle with doing nitnem regularly, but that's something I'm working on. I do kirtan a lot and listen to it often. I haven't taken time out for doing simran for a while now. At my Punjabi school, we do simran for 10-15 minutes every weekend though, but that's about it.

I've seen some of that video before, but I haven't seen the whole thing. I'll need to watch it all.

I also tend to find myself singing a shabad during the day.

Gurjot read Journeys out of the body by Robert Monroe

http://www.amazon.ca/Journeys-Out-Body-Robert-Monroe/dp/0385008619

You can probably download it from somewhere if you google it.

He went through the same thing and didn't know what to do about it. He thought he was ill at first. And he had to get used to it and experiment with it to find out what was going on, etc. Then he started having journeys, he traveled to places, met other souls, etc.

The book is an awesome read. I normally don't read books but I read this one. I am trying to experiment with OBE. I haven't had one where i traveled but I have had similar experiences as you describe where the soul dissociates from the body. The soul sinks below the bed or rises above the bed. The body sometimes feel floaty. Sometimes, my hand comes out and float above the physical hand. Sometimes, the whole body does. Sometimes my body falls asleep and freezes, can't move, and I enter into darkness, into nothing.

We can also make a new thread about OBE, similar to this thread, where you and I can share any experiences of OBE we have.

Anyway, keep in touch.