Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

Over the weekend I came across a audio recording of Yog Nidra by GuruMaa. According to her explanation it is supposed to take you into a semi sleep state where you will have wonderful experiences. So i started listening to the follow along instructions where your supposed to lie down and be still. Then she tells you to take your dhyaan to various points of the body starting on the right side working your way from each finger up arm then from the tip of the feet up the legs. Then things got interesting when she said now I want you to focus on the navel watching it go up and down as you breath counting down from 27. Then she made you focus on the heart doing the same count down. I was quite happy following along with this until it went to visualisations as she said various words you had to visualise/experience fully within the mind. She used words like candle, sky, sea, clouds, grass, path, cold, temple, walk up to the temple which has two steps. As you walk in right foot first then left. It was very specific as she described the inside that there was a Shiva statue with incense and roses placed before the statue. So I'm thinking I'll just substitute with my own Gurus image for visualisation purposes and replace the mantra she was using i.e. Om with Waheguru. She said bow down and make a prayer from something you want. In this deep state what ever you ask for is supposed to come manifest over time. Then she slowly withdraws you from this state.

I'm not disputing that this meditation technique might not be effective for some, but it made me question whether following these kinds of methods myself were actually distracting and confusing me from my original approach. Which was to focus on the Waheguru mantar and NO visualisations but to focus on the sound of the mantar only. She was invoking more thoughts where everything I had learned to date stated I should try and kill my thoughts and try and restrain my wondering mind using the Waheguru mantar. Think I will leave these kind of practices well alone. Although I think the initial stage of bringing your dhyaan inwards into the centre of the body from the arms and legs was usefull.

Lesson I learned from this: Stick to one method which feels right to you. Don't go trying one approach then another then another.... You will never make progress using any of them.

Edited by Sat1176

Infront of the greatest, how can words even suffice? My small intellect cannot even string a sentence together to even praise how amazing Maharaj is, there is no language that can express his greatness truely, the only thing you can utter is Vah-Heh-Guroo.

It is best to forsake all other words, and enshrine his loving naam in your heart, mind and soul.

Edited by Maha Singh

Just came to Ang 488 and thought it added to what Maha Singh was saying...

You can meet the Lord today, O Shaykh Fareed, if you restrain your bird-like desires which keep your mind in turmoil. ||1||Pause||
aaj milaavaa saykh fareed taakim koonjarhee-aa manhu machind-rhee-aa. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Edited by Sat1176

Just reached Ang 503 and Guru Nanak Dev Ji takes it to another level.... Dhan Guru Nanak, Dhan Guru Nanak....

In the one village of the body, live the five thieves; they have been warned, but they still go out stealing.

ayk nagree panch chor basee-alay barjat choree Dhaavai.

One who keeps his assets safe from the three modes and the ten passions, O Nanak, attains liberation and emancipation.

tarihdas maal rakhai jo naanak mokh mukat so paavai. ||1||

Center your mind on the all-pervading Lord, the Wearer of garlands of the jungles.

chaytahu baasuday-o banvaalee.

Let your rosary be the chanting of the Lord`s Name in your heart. ||Pause||

raam ridai japmaalee. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Its roots extend upwards, and its branches reach down; the four Vedas are attached to it.

uraDh mool jis saakh talaahaa chaar bayd jit laagay.

He alone reaches this tree with ease, O Nanak, who remains wakeful in the Love of the Supreme Lord God. ||2||

sahj bhaa-ay jaa-ay tay naanak paarbarahm liv jaagay.

The Elysian Tree is the courtyard of my house; in it are the flowers, leaves and stems of reality.

paarjaat ghar aagan mayrai puhap patar tat daalaa.

Meditate on the self-existent, immaculate Lord, whose Light is pervading everywhere; renounce all your worldly entanglements. ||3||

sarab jot niranjan sambhoo chhodahu bahut janjaalaa.

Listen, O seekers of Truth - Nanak begs you to renounce the traps of Maya.

sun sikhvantay naanak binvai chhodahu maa-i-aa jaalaa.

Reflect within your mind, that by enshrining love for the One Lord, you shall not be subject to birth and death again.

man beechaar ayk liv laagee punrap janam na kaalaa.

He renounces sexual desire, anger, egotism, greed, attachment and Maya.

kaam kroDh ahaNkaar tajee-alay lobh moh tis maa-i-aa.

Within his mind, he meditates on the reality of the Imperishable Lord; by Guru`s Grace he finds Him.

man tat avigat Dhi-aa-i-aa gur parsaadee paa-i-aa.

He enjoys the taste of the honey of God`s lotus; he remains awake, and does not fall asleep.

barahm kamal maDh taas rasaadaN jaagat naahee sootaa.

This lotus is very deep; its leaves are the nether regions, and it is connected to the whole universe.

mahaa gambheer patar paataalaa naanak sarab ju-aa-i-aa.

Under Guru`s Instruction, I shall not have to enter the womb again; I have renounced the poison of corruption, and I drink in the Ambrosial Nectar.

updays guroo mam puneh na garbhaN bikh taj amrit pee-aa-i-aa.

Some remain absorbed in Sun Samaadhi, their minds fixed lovingly on the One Lord; they reflect only on the Word of the Shabad.

sunn samaaDh raheh liv laagay aykaa aykee sabad beechaar. (1)

In that state, there is no water, land, earth or sky; only the Creator Lord Himself exists.

jal thal Dharan gagan tah naahee aapay aap kee-aa kartaar.

There is no intoxication of Maya there, and no shadow, nor the infinite light of the sun or the moon.

Naa tad maa-i-aa magan na chhaa-i-aa naa sooraj chand na jot apaar.

The eyes within the mind which see everything - with one glance, they see the three worlds. ||3||

sarab darisat lochan abh antar aykaa nadar so taribhavan saar.

Ang 504

He created air, water and fire, Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva - the whole creation.

pavan paanee agan tin kee-aa barahmaa bisan mahays akaar.

Nothing can be contained in a vessel turned upside-down; Ambrosial Nectar pours into the upright one.

ooNDhai bhaaNdai kachh na samaavai seeDhai amrit parai nihaar.

The Siddhas in Samaadhi beg for wealth and miracles, and proclaim His victory.

siDh samaaDhee antar jaacheh riDh siDh jaach karahi jaikaar.

As is the thirst within their minds, so is the water which You give to them.

jaisee pi-aas ho-ay man antar taiso jal dayveh parkaar.

The most fortunate ones serve their Guru; there is no difference between the Divine Guru and the Lord.

baday bhaag gur sayveh apunaa bhayd naahee gurdayv muraar.

The Messenger of Death cannot see those who come to realize within their minds the contemplative meditation of the Word of the Shabad. ||7||

taa ka-o kaal naahee jam johai boojheh antar sabad beechaar.

I shall never ask anything else of the Lord; please, bless me with the Love of Your Immaculate Name.

ab tab avar na maaga-o har peh naam niranjan deejai pi-aar.

Nanak, the song-bird, begs for the Ambrosial Water; O Lord, shower Your Mercy upon him, and bless him with Your Praise.

naanak chaatrik amrit jal maagai har jas deejai kirpaa Dhaar

O Siblings of Destiny, focus your consciousness lovingly on the Lord`s Name.

bhaa-ee ray raam naam chit laa-ee.

Was surprised to read that even Guru Nanak Dev Ji mentions tears during mediation on Ang 505

The devotees worship the Lord in loving adoration. They thirst for the True Lord, with infinite affection.

bhagat paraym aaraaDhitaN sach pi-aas param hitaN.

They tearfully beg and implore the Lord; in love and affection, their consciousness is at peace.

billaap bilal binantee-aa sukh bhaa-ay chit hitaN. ||1||

Chant the Naam, the Name of the Lord, O my mind, and take to His Sanctuary.

jap man naam har sarnee.

O mind, even death wishes you well, when you remember the Lord through the Word of the Guru`s Shabad.

ay man mirat subh chi-aNtaN gur sabad har ramnaN.

The intellect receives the treasure, the knowledge of reality and supreme bliss, by repeating the Lord`s Name in the mind.

mat tat gi-aanaN kali-aan niDhaanaN har naam man ramnaN.

Devotion to the Naam is permanently implanted within the mind, when it is attuned to the Guru`s Teachings and His Shabad.

thir naam bhagat dirhaN matee gur vaak sabad ratan. (doesn't this mean shabad repetition?)

• 4 weeks later...

Came to Guru Ang 514 and found the following pangti's by Sri Guru Amar Das Ji very inspiring...

Waaho! Waaho! The Lord Himself causes us to praise Him, through the True Word of the Guru`s Shabad.
vaahu vaahu aap akhaa-idaa gur sabdee sach so-ay.

Waaho! Waaho! is His Eulogy and Praise; how rare are the Gurmukhs who understand this.
vaahu vaahu sifat salaah hai gurmukh boojhai ko-ay.

Waaho! Waaho! is the True Word of His Bani, by which we meet our True Lord.
vaahu vaahu banee sach hai sach milaavaa ho-ay.

O Nanak, chanting Waaho! Waaho! God is attained; by His Grace, He is obtained.
naanak vaahu vaahu karti-aa parabh paa-i-aa karam paraapat ho-ay.

Chanting Waaho! Waaho! the tongue is adorned with the Word of the Shabad.
vaahu vaahu kartee rasnaa sabad suhaa-ee.

Through the Perfect Shabad, one comes to meet God.
poorai sabad parabh mili-aa aa-ee.

How very fortunate are those, who with their mouths, chant Waaho! Waaho!
vadbhaagee-aa vaahu vaahu muhhu kadhaa-ee.

How beautiful are those persons who chant Waaho! Waaho! ; people come to venerate them.
vaahu vaahu karahi say-ee jan sohnay tinH ka-o parjaa poojan aa-ee.

Waaho! Waaho! is obtained by His Grace; O Nanak, honor is obtained at the Gate of the True Lord.
vaahu vaahu karam paraapat hovai naanak dar sachai sobhaa paa-ee.

Within the fortress of body, are the hard and rigid doors of falsehood, deception and pride.
bajar kapaat kaa-i-aa garhH bheetar koorh kusat abhimaanee.

Deluded by doubt, the blind and ignorant self-willed manmukhs cannot see them.
bharam bhoolay nadar na aavnee manmukh anDh agi-aanee.

They cannot be found by any efforts; wearing their religious robes, the wearers have grown weary of trying.
upaa-ay kitai na labhnee kar bhaykh thakay bhaykhvaanee.

The doors are opened only by the Word of the Guru`s Shabad, and then, one chants the Name of the Lord.
gur sabdee kholaa-ee-aniH har naam japaanee.

The Dear Lord is the Tree of Ambrosial Nectar; those who drink in this Nectar are satisfied.
har jee-o amrit birakh hai jin pee-aa tay tariptaanee.

Chanting Waaho! Waaho! the night of one`s life passes in peace.
vaahu vaahu karti-aa rain sukh vihaa-ay.

Chanting Waaho! Waaho! I am in eternal bliss, O my mother!
vaahu vaahu karti-aa sadaa anand hovai mayree maa-ay.

Chanting Waaho Waaho, I have fallen in love with the Lord.
vaahu vaahu karti-aa har si-o liv laa-ay.

Waaho! Waaho! Through the karma of good deeds, I chant it, and inspire others to chant it as well.
vaahu vaahu karmee bolai bolaa-ay.

Chanting Waaho! Waaho!, one obtains honor.
vaahu vaahu karti-aa sobhaa paa-ay.

O Nanak, Waaho! Waaho! is the Will of the True Lord.
naanak vaahu vaahu sat rajaa-ay.

Waaho! Waaho! is the Bani of the True Word. Searching, the Gurmukhs have found it.
vaahu vaahu banee sach hai gurmukh laDhee bhaal.

Waaho! Waaho! They chant the Word of the Shabad. Waaho! Waaho they chant with their mind/heart.
vaahu vaahu sabday uchrai vaahu vaahu hirdai naal.

O Nanak, very fortunate are those who reflect upon the Lord, Har, Har, within their hearts.
say vadbhaagee naankaa har har ridai samaal.

Edited by Sat1176

Was reading SGGS when I came to Ang 561. Guru Ram Das Ji is yearning to meet Waheguru....

Within my mind there is such a great yearning; how will I attain the Blessed Vision of the Lord`s Darshan?

mai man vadee aas haray ki-o kar har darsan paavaa.

I go and ask my True Guru; with the Guru`s advice, I shall teach my foolish mind.
ha-o jaa-ay puchhaa apnay satgurai gur puchh man mugaDh samjhaavaa.

The foolish mind is instructed in the Word of the Guru`s Shabad, and meditates forever on the Lord, Har, Har.

bhoolaa man samjhai gur sabdee har har sadaa Dhi-aa-ay.

O Nanak, one who is blessed with the Mercy of my Beloved, focuses his consciousness on the Lord`s Feet.

naanak jis nadar karay mayraa pi-aaraa so har charnee chit laa-ay.

I go and ask the fortunate, happy soul-bride, "How did you attain Him - your Husband Lord, my God?"

ha-o jaa-ay puchhaa sohaag suhaagan tusee ki-o pir paa-i-arhaa parabh mayraa.

She answers, "My True Husband blessed me with His Mercy; I abandoned the distinction between mine and yours.

mai oopar nadar karee pir saachai mai chhodi-arhaa mayraa tayraa.

Dedicate everything, mind, body and soul, to the Lord God; this is the Path to meet Him, O sister."

sabh man tan jee-o karahu har parabh kaa it maarag bhainay milee-ai.

If her God gazes upon her with favor, O Nanak, her light merges into the Light.

aapnarhaa parabh nadar kar daykhai naanak jot jotee ralee-ai.

Edited by Sat1176

Beautiful guidance by Sri Guru Ram Das Ji on ang 573

I go and ask, I go and ask from the True Guru, about the sermon of the Lord.

ham poochhah ham poochhah satgur paas har baataa raam.

I ask about the sermon of the Lord from the True Guru, who has obtained the treasure of the Naam.

satgur paas har baat poochhah jin naam padaarath paa-i-aa.

I bow at His Feet constantly, and pray to Him; the Guru, the True Guru, has shown me the Way.

paa-ay lagah nit karah binantee gur satgur panth bataa-i-aa.

He alone is a devotee, who looks alike upon pleasure and pain and is imbued with the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.

so-ee bhagat dukh sukh samat kar jaanai har har naam har raataa.

Listen as Gurmukh, listen as Gurmukh, to the Naam, the Name of the Lord; all egotism and sins are eradicated.

sun gurmukh sun gurmukh naam sabh binsay haN-umai paapaa raam.

Chanting the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, chanting the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, the troubles of the world vanish.

jap har har jap har har naam lathi-arhay jag taapaa raam.

Listen as Gurmukh, listen as Gurmukh, to the Naam to the Name of the Lord; all egotism and sins are eradicated.

sun gurmukh sun gurmukh naam sabh binsay haN-umai paapaa. ||2||

Chanting the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, chanting the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, is so pleasing to my mind.

jap har har jap har har naam mayrai man bhaa-i-aa raam.

As Gurmukh, chanting the Naam, all disease is eradicated, and the body becomes free of disease.

gurmukh jap sabh rog gavaa-i-aa arogat bha-ay sareeraa.

Night and day, one remains absorbed in the Perfect Poise of Sahj Samaadhi; meditate on the Name of the Lord, the inaccessible and unfathomable Lord.

an-din sahj samaaDh har laagee har japi-aa gahir gambheeraa.

Grant Your Grace, grant Your Grace, O Lord, and save me.

har Dhaarahu har Dhaarahu kirpaa kar kirpaa layho ubaaray raam.

I am a sinner, I am a worthless sinner, I am meek, but I am Yours, O Lord.

ham paapee ham paapee nirgun deen tumHaaray raam.

I am a worthless sinner, and I am meek, but I am Yours; I seek Your Sanctuary, O Merciful Lord.

ham paapee nirgun deen tumHaaray har dai-aal sarnaa-i-aa.

Meeting the True Guru, servant Nanak has obtained the subtle essence of the Lord; through the Naam, the Name of the Lord, he is saved.

satgur bhayt raam ras paa-i-aa jan naanak naam uDhaaray.

Ang 575

Embarking upon the boat of the Lord, the very fortunate ones cross over; the Guru, the Boatman, carries them across through the Word of the Shabad.
har bohith charh vadbhaagee langhai gur khayvat sabad taraa-ay.

By great good fortune, the body is obtained; the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is its companion; O servant Nanak, the Lord has created it.
vadbhaagee paa-ee naam sakhaa-ee jan naanak raam upaa-ee-aa. ||1||

I place the saddle on the body-horse, the saddle of realization of the Good Lord.
dayh paava-o jeen bujh changa raam.

Riding this horse, I cross over the terrifying world-ocean.
charh langhaa jee bikham bhu-i-angaa raam.

The terrifying world-ocean is rocked by countless waves, but the Gurmukh is carried across.
bikham bhu-i-angaa anat tarangaa gurmukh paar langhaa-ay.

Embarking upon the boat of the Lord, the very fortunate ones cross over; the Guru, the Boatman, carries them across through the Word of the Shabad.
har bohith charh vadbhaagee langhai gur khayvat sabad taraa-ay.

Night and day, imbued with the Lord`s Love, singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, the Lord`s lover loves the Lord.
an-din har rang har gun gaavai har rangee har rangaa.

Servant Nanak has obtained the state of Nirvaanaa, the state of ultimate goodness, the state of the Lord.
jan naanak nirbaan pad paa-i-aa har utam har pad changa.

Servant Nanak has crossed over the long and treacherous path.
mahaa maarag panth bikh-rhaa jan naanak paar langhaa-i-aa.

Blessed and acclaimed is that body-horse which meditates on the Lord God; it is obtained by the merits of past actions.
jit har parabh jaapai saa Dhan saabaasai Dhur paa-i-aa kirat jurhandaa.

Riding the body-horse, one crosses over the terrifying world ocean; the Gurmukh meets the Lord, the embodiment of supreme bliss.
charh dayharh ghorhee bikham laghaa-ay mil gurmukh parmaanandaa.

The Lord, Har, Har, has perfectly arranged this wedding; the Saints have come together as a marriage party.
har har kaaj rachaa-i-aa poorai mil sant janaa janj aa-ee.

Servant Nanak has obtained the Lord as his Spouse; joining together, the Saints sing the songs of joy and congratulations.
jan naanak har var paa-i-aa mangal mil sant janaa vaaDhaa-ee.

The body is the Lord`s horse; the Lord imbues it with the fresh and new color.
dayh tayjnarhee har nav rangee-aa raam.

From the Guru, I ask for the Lord`s spiritual wisdom.
gur gi-aan guroo har mangee-aa raam.

Ang 576

I ask for the Lord`s spiritual wisdom, and the Lord`s sublime sermon; through the Name of the Lord, I have come to know His value and His state.
gi-aan mangee har kathaa changee har naam gat mit jaanee-aa.

The Lord`s humble servant begs for the Lord`s Name, for the Lord`s Praises, and for devotional worship of the Lord God.
har raam naam salaahi har parabh har bhagat har jan mangee-aa.

The golden body is saddled with the saddle of gold.
dayh kanchan jeen suvinaa raam.

It is adorned with the jewel of the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.
jarh har har naam ratannaa raam.

Adorned with the jewel of the Naam, one obtains the Lord of the Universe; he meets the Lord, sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord, and obtains all sorts of comforts.
jarh naam ratan govind paa-i-aa har milay har gun sukh ghanay.

He obtains the Word of the Guru`s Shabad, and he meditates on the Name of the Lord; by great good fortune, he assumes the color of the Lord`s Love.
gur sabad paa-i-aa har naam Dhi-aa-i-aa vadbhaagee har rang har banay.

He meets his Lord and Master, the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts; His body is ever-new, and His color is ever-fresh.
har milay su-aamee antarjaamee har navtan har nav rangee-aa.

Nanak chants and realizes the Naam; he begs for the Name of the Lord, the Lord God.
naanak vakhaanai naam jaanai har naam har parabh mangee-aa.

The Guru has placed the reins in the mouth of the body-horse.
karhee-aal mukhay gur ankas paa-i-aa raam.

The mind-elephant is overpowered by the Word of the Guru`s Shabad.
man maigal gur sabad vas aa-i-aa raam.

The bride obtains the supreme status, as her mind is brought under control; she is the beloved of her Husband Lord.
man vasgat aa-i-aa param pad paa-i-aa saa Dhan kant pi-aaree.

Deep within her inner self, she is in love with her Lord; in His home, she is beautiful - she is the bride of her Lord God.
antar paraym lagaa har saytee ghar sohai har parabh naaree.

Imbued with the Lord`s Love, she is intuitively absorbed in bliss; she obtains the Lord God, Har, Har.
har rang raatee sehjay maatee har parabh har har paa-i-aa.

Servant Nanak, the Lord`s slave, says that only the very fortunate meditate on the Lord, Har, Har.
naanak jan har daas kahat hai vadbhaagee har har Dhi-aa-i-aa. ||3||

The body is the horse, upon which one rides to the Lord.
dayh ghorhee jee jit har paa-i-aa raam.

Sing the songs of joy to the Lord, serve the Name of the Lord, and become the servant of His servants.
har gaa-ay mangal raam naamaa har sayv sayvak sayvkee.

You shall go and enter the Mansion of the Beloved Lord`s Presence, and lovingly enjoy His Love.
parabh jaa-ay paavai rang mahlee har rang maanai rang kee.

I sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, so pleasing to my mind; following the Guru`s Teachings, I meditate on the Lord within my mind.
gun raam gaa-ay man subhaa-ay har gurmatee man Dhi-aa-i-aa.

The Lord has showered His Mercy upon servant Nanak; mounting the body-horse, he has found the Lord.
jan naanak har kirpaa Dhaaree dayh ghorhee charh har paa-i-aa.

Listen, O my friend and companion
sun sajan jee maidrhay meetaa raam.

- the Guru has given the Mantra of the Shabad, the True Word of God.
gur mantar sabad sach deetaa raam.

Meditating on this True Shabad, I sing the songs of joy, and my mind is rid of anxiety.
sach sabad Dhi-aa-i-aa mangal gaa-i-aa chookay manhu adaysaa

I have found God, who never leaves; forever and ever, He sits with me.
so parabh paa-i-aa kateh na jaa-i-aa sadaa sadaa sang baisaa.

One who is pleasing to God receives true honor. The Lord God blesses him with wealth.
parabh jee bhaanaa sachaa maanaa parabh har Dhan sehjay deetaa.

I have become fearless, imbued with the Love of my Lord Master, and I have shaken off the fear of death.
nirbha-o bha-ay khasam rang raatay jam kee taraas bujhaa-ay.

Slave Nanak, Your humble servant, lovingly embraces Your meditation; O Lord, be with me always.
naanak daas sadaa sang sayvak tayree bhagat karaN-o liv laa-ay. ||3||

You did not consider my merits and demerits; you forgave me in an instant.
gun avgun mayraa kichh na beechaari-aa bakhas lee-aa khin maahee.

I have obtained the nine treasures, congratulations are pouring in, and the unstruck melody resounds.
na-o niDh paa-ee vajee vaaDhaa-ee vaajay anhad tooray.

Says Nanak, I have found my Husband Lord within my own home, and all my anxiety is forgotten.
kaho naanak mai var ghar paa-i-aa mayray laathay jee sagal visooray.

Edited by Sat1176

More enlightening guiding pangit's from Guru Arjan Dev Ji.

Ang 577

I am a sacrifice to those who listen with their ears to the Lord God.

tin ghol ghumaa-ee jin parabh sarvanee suni-aa raam.

Blissful and comfortable are those, who with their tongues chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.

say sahj suhaylay jin har har rasnaa bhani-aa raam.

God`s Feet are the boat, which carries so many across the terrifying world-ocean. <Feet refer to Naam being the boat here>

bhai bohith saagar parabh charnaa kaytay paar laghaa-ay.

Those who are blessed with the favor of my Lord and Master, are not asked to render their account.

jin kaN-u kirpaa karee mayrai thaakur tin kaa laykhaa na gani-aa.

Says Nanak, I am a sacrifice to those who listen to God with their ears.

kaho naanak tis ghol ghumaa-ee jin parabh sarvanee suni-aa.

With my eyes, I have seen the Light of the Lord, but my great thirst is not quenched.

lo-in lo-ee dith pi-aas na bujhai moo ghanee.

O Nanak, those eyes are different, which behold my Husband Lord.

naanak say akh-rhee-aaN bi-ann jinee disando maa piree.

Pain is eliminated and doubt is dispelled from the body; chanting the Name of the Lord of the World, their victory is celebrated.

dukh naas bharam binaas tan tay jap jagdees eesah jai ja-ay.

They are rid of emotional attachment, their sins are erased, and their association with the five passions is broken off.

moh rahat bikaar thaakay panch tay sang tootaa.

Ang 578

Those who long for the Lord, are said to be His servants.

jo lorheeday raam sayvak say-ee kaaNdhi-aa.

Nanak knows this Truth, that the Lord is not different from His Saint.

naanak jaanay sat saaN-ee sant na baahraa.

As water mixes and blends with water,

mil jal jaleh khataanaa raam.

so does one`s light mix and blend with the Lord`s Light.

sang jotee jot milaanaa raam.

Merging with the perfect, all-powerful Creator, one comes to know his own self.

sammaa-ay pooran purakh kartay aap aapeh jaanee-ai.

Then, he enters the celestial state of absolute Sunn, Sahj, Samaadhi, and speaks of the One and Only Lord.

tah sunn sahj samaaDh laagee ayk ayk vakhaanee-ai.

He Himself is unmanifest, and He Himself is liberated; He Himself speaks of Himself.

aap guptaa aap muktaa aap aap vakhaanaa.

O Nanak, doubt, fear and the limitations of the three qualities (Tamo, Rajo and Sata) are dispelled, as one merges into the Lord, like water blending with water.

naanak bharam bhai gun binaasay mil jal jaleh khataanaa.

Renouncing egotism, emotional attachment and all corruption, we become pleasing to the Mind of God.

taj maan moh vikaar saglay parabhoo kai man bhaa-ee-ai.

Prays Nanak, day and night, meditate forever on the Lord, Har, Har.

binvant naanak dinas rainee sadaa har har Dhi-aa-ee-ai.

At the Lord`s Door, the unstruck melody resounds.

dar vaajeh anhat vaajay raam.

In each and every heart, the Lord, the Lord of the Universe, sings.

ghat ghat har gobind gaajay raam.

The Lord of the Universe sings, and abides forever; He is unfathomable, profoundly deep, lofty and exalted.

govid gaajay sadaa biraajay agam agochar oochaa.

Prays Nanak, happiness comes from devotional worship of the Naam; at His Door, the unstruck melody resounds.

binvant naanak sukh naam bhagtee dar vajeh anhad vaajay.

Edited by Sat1176

How happy i am to find you people..........only you can understand. I have started hearing anhad shabad from past 8 days.Since then i am constantly doing research on it.I have not shared this with anyone.I live in Mohali,punjab.I have no one who can understand me because i am not a true sikh.I dont have turban.i got my hair cut at age of 12.I am 23 years old now.so far i have read it happens because of guru's kirpa.So i dont understand why he did kirpa on me.All this started few months back

when i just wanted to do meditation because of many reasons which i cannot share.But i dint know how to meditate...i just knew we have keep our mind empty.then i came across chakras and started to meditate on mooldhar,ajna and sahasara and then stopped it because it didnt meant anything.but from past one month i have been doing simran.I leared about it that we have to do it mentally...I dont know when and how it became a passion of my life and i was doing waheguru waheguru mentally all the time and i felt very good.It came to extent that while listening songs i was thinking of waheguru in that tune.And then around 8 days back a noise started to come in my ears and it started distracting my simran and i had to open my eyes slowly it went away....but after that it came back ..this time not very loud....i decided to do simran again....it became very loud again...Then i found that this is Anhad naad.I was stunned. I could hear it if i concentrated.

I am amazed i dont read gurbani.Around one moth back i didnt beleived in god.and now i beleive in nothing else than him.This feels like i am mad i dont want to do anything else simran now.It was a sigh of releif to find you.But sometimes i start questioning my self that do i deserve it beacuse my whole i have been making mockery of god and thought that religious people are wasting there lifes.

the sound is coming from top of my head and it is difficult to do simran mentally now.i just keep listening to those sounds while meditating.But because of this my mind now keeps wandering when i am not listening to the shabad.should i start doing simran though mouth while listening to the shabad.I have many of doubts got cleared reading gurbani in the previous pages today.

Edited by sumeet

Dearest Sumeet,

Welcome to our humble little forum. I am most pleased that you have experienced naam simran for yourself and making effort. It is indeed a blessing from Waheguru. Who knows when he is going to shower us with his kirpa. Please do make an effort to read Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji yourself. You will now begin to appreciate what is written in even more because you are indeed seeking and you have began to experience it for yourself. I have only posted few quotations relating to naam simran from SGGS as I slowly read for myself that I feel will aid as useful reminder and guidance and equally inspiring to others.

I'm no subject expert on the matter but from what I have read and heard you will start to hear the anhad shabad in the ears, sometimes only one side then it will be audioable from both ears, then you will eventually begin to hear it between your eyes. Slowly I think it begins to work itself up the forehead to eventually the top of the head/crown.

Volume levels of the shabad can also change, getting louder is a good sign I believe. As stated in Gurbani keep on listening to it with love, attention and focus. Try to not think about other things when your listening. If your mind is active and thinking loads of thoughts then revert back to mental or verbal recitiation of Waheguru mantar. When you find your mind going still again the start listening to the shabad again and try to absorb yourself into it. The more your absorb the more you will go in deeper and deeper.

Hopefully someone with more experience will also post which might offer you some guidance. Never the less stick with it and place your firm faith in the shabad. Let it be the boat and it will automatically take your to where it needs to go......

Keep posting and sharing with us..... It is most inspiring for all of us to hear about others making progress which in turn gives our own batteries a recharge to get us going again...

Edited by Sat1176

The feeling of going insane is the battle between your false ego self and your true self. It will play tricks on you over and over, this is the real battle. Understand that you are not the mind, nor the body - you are the true self :D There is no future, there is no past, there is only the Now. Now is the accumulation of all your past, you are here cos of whats happened previously, without the past you would have never had such thoughts or experiences in the now - it is not a bad thing, only your mind thinks what you have done or said is bad. There is no good or bad, it is all duality. Overcome the sense of doing, and you will become free from the shackles of your mind. Accept the divine hukam and keep focused, just give thanks and praise to the almighty creator, meditate on his infinite ineffible name, the true super soul, beyond taint and blemish, the truth, pure love pure consciousness. There is no where to go, there is no search, he is here with us all the time, inside and out, deep within the core of our hearts, within the root of the breath he dwells, forever watching and laughing at his own leela, knock on his door and he shall open it, look and you will see. Vaheguroo!

The feeling of going insane is the battle between your false ego self and your true self. It will play tricks on you over and over, this is the real battle. Understand that you are not the mind, nor the body - you are the true self :D There is no future, there is no past, there is only the Now. Now is the accumulation of all your past, you are here cos of whats happened previously, without the past you would have never had such thoughts or experiences in the now - it is not a bad thing, only your mind thinks what you have done or said is bad. There is no good or bad, it is all duality. Overcome the sense of doing, and you will become free from the shackles of your mind. Accept the divine hukam and keep focused, just give thanks and praise to the almighty creator, meditate on his infinite ineffible name, the true super soul, beyond taint and blemish, the truth, pure love pure consciousness. There is no where to go, there is no search, he is here with us all the time, inside and out, deep within the core of our hearts, within the root of the breath he dwells, forever watching and laughing at his own leela, knock on his door and he shall open it, look and you will see. Vaheguroo!

Vah ji Vah. Beautifully said...

Now i understand the true meaning of amrit vela....I will try to get up early tommorow.

i have noticed that my sleep pattern has drasticaly improved ...i dont sleep during day now as i used to do earlier..and i dont wake up at night even once it will be difficult for me to wake up at 3:00 am but deep inside i know i have to do it.I feel like tears are flowing down on cheeks while doing simran but when i check i cant find any wetness...it keeps on distracting....anyone else feel something like this.

Edited by sumeet

I'm no subject expert on the matter but from what I have read and heard you will start to hear the anhad shabad in the ears, sometimes only one side then it will be audioable from both ears, then you will eventually begin to hear it between your eyes. Slowly I think it begins to work itself up the forehead to eventually the top of the head/crown.

Shabad started in my ears but now it is at top of the head most of the time but sometimes comes to ears...but it is more peaceful when it is not in ears