Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, HisServant said:

Major experience this morning. I just wrote down bullet points quickly right after on my phone while the memory was fresh:

First the conch shell started getting loud. 
Then it sounded like an airplane was about to take off
Loud screeching noises started happening 
Then it felt like a rollercoaster. or like I was on a jet, or a rocketship etc

Something happened and then I was somewhere with nothing but blue and white. like looking at a sky
At that moment I started hearing multiple instruments 

I don't know what happened, honestly. But this is one of the most intense ones I've had so far. 

There is a reason why it is written 'Nanak Naam jahaz hai, jo charhe so utre paar ..."

On 4/30/2016 at 9:19 AM, HisServant said:

Had a very different experience today. This was close to the end of a 2 hour Simran session

My mind got absorbed into the focus and my entire body started vibrating extremely fast and hard. It was so intense that it was like being on a roller coaster. I started hearing these very deep sounds, I think somewhat like thunder- its hard to describe. A few other sounds but I can't really describe them. 

They were getting louder and clear as the focus started to become deeper but I lost it a little while later. 

I think curiosity is a big problem for me. I start to analyze what's happening and I lose it. Should just let it happen. 

It wasn't exactly like this but very similar. Except this time, bodily vibrations were not as intense. But the sounds were the same. The blast wasn't as loud... I think. Maybe I was able to handle it better this time? I was able to keep my dhyan on the sound and just follow it. 

Last time I was scared and thought I was about to die or something. This time there was no fear, I just went through with it. Thoughts did come up like, "what's happening". But I remembered I needed to focus and make sure not a single thought enters. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, paapiman said:

How long does it take to become a doctor in Australia? Is the process similar to the one in Canada?

Sorry for going off-topic.

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

It takes 9-13 years. I want to be a surgeon so it will take me more than 9 years. I think it's worth it, though. I like the profession. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, paapiman said:

Spiritual experiences of some Singhs, including that of Bhindranwale Sants.

Apologies, if this video has already been posed on the forum.

@Soulfinder

Bhul chuk maaf

• 1 month later...
Guest Mbad what is the video
On 7/9/2015 at 10:34 PM, Sat1176 said:

Have just finished watching the most open, frank and revealing video on the meditiation, kundalini awakening and enlightenment journey that we may ever hear from anyone. It will probably leave you surprised and shocked what happens. For serious seekers on this path it may act as a invaluable reference guide for symptoms and experiences along the way. It all started with Mantra jaapa. WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru

The interesting bit is from time index 1:12:30 Day 2..

sometimes people have a lot of anxiety issues and that manifests as muscular tension. The solution is exercise and breathing through your perineum area.  Breathing through your pelvic floor is a more natural way of breathing and may make swas swas simran much easier to do as well as lessen anxiety.

No problem 🙏🏿I had a question to ask , I am not sure exactly what and how I should be doing naam Jaap as not from a gursikh family just the average  UK ‘sikh’ family. I sense pressure on my forehead and when I listen to paath I get random shivers I’m not cold though. I want to progress as I have been reading old posts and have seen videos but nothing explains what this is and what to do next.if saas grass simran is to be done how to quiet the mind as I end up shopping or other random thoughts? 

8 hours ago, Guest Mbad said:

No problem 🙏🏿I had a question to ask , I am not sure exactly what and how I should be doing naam Jaap as not from a gursikh family just the average  UK ‘sikh’ family. I sense pressure on my forehead and when I listen to paath I get random shivers I’m not cold though. I want to progress as I have been reading old posts and have seen videos but nothing explains what this is and what to do next.if saas grass simran is to be done how to quiet the mind as I end up shopping or other random thoughts? 

Try this thread, it has some great techniques.  

Here is interesting new information i found in gyani thakur singh katha about simran in the belly button and kesh rom jaap. Also mentioned how Baba Gurmukh Singh Ji did jaap of 10 Akal Ustat paaths and 10 Sukhmani Sahib paaths.

Listen at 59 mins onwards

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=206588583611284&id=165458433514685&anchor_composer=false

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:14 PM, Guest Mbad said:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh

1. First-

I recommend reading and working with instructions from the this post and reading from about pages 13 to 22. Some praiseworthy contributions from members like Sat1176 and Lucky veer ji's

2. Second-

I have heard similar questions to that you queried on many occasions. You know, about shivers and pressure on forehead. I heard these since someone in family were high kamayee wala gurmukh. (I can't say who they were because sangat may have heard of them). Anyhow, I would say these kind of incidences which students experience at preliminary  stages usually confirm you possibly have naam kamayi from previous lives. Think of it as an indicator of potential inside  A spiritual potential.  Should be a good motivation to try and harness this spiritual force and direct it into an orderly flow.  Getting familiar and steady with techniques explained in those pages of thread will be beneficial. 

Fateh

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2014 at 5:16 PM, Lucky said:

TI have been trying rom rom practice on most days and some days it all just falls in place a lot easier, whereas on others it may be a little difficult to just get that steadiness.

However, speaking for myself, I have noticed that on days where it may not be so fluid , then usually my breathing is unbalanced.

I don't always check or try and balance breath before hand, but I have never had days where there may be some difficulty and the breath is balanced as well !

So, this is like a little personal conclusion and reminder for me to keep a check on breath balance.

On the other hand, balanced breath does NOT always mean success, because there have been many times when all is checked fine but I still can't maintain the steady flow for more than a few minutes, despite the breath being balanced.

What has really been an eye opener for me is the fact that I've tried rom rom throughout the day when I may be out and about, and it does seem to work !

On a few occasions, I've been in a busy shopping mall, train station..etc...and then just sat down for some 5 minutes and I will try see if I can do it whilst sat still, AND I usually can !

This really surprised me at first because of all the constant noise going on around me, but I found that if I tried to feel my navel area pulse, then automatically I go 'within' and immediately the internal jap starts.

Another thing that I've noticed is that I can feel the rom rom and the pulse within my fingertips when I put my dhian there. This first got my attention in yoga when we do the hand gian-mudra and press 1st finger with thumb whilst sitting in easy pose. At the time I noticed and felt the nadis on those fingertips and they were both in the same 'waheguru....wahegururu....waheguru....' mode.

Whenever i put my dhian on the fingertips now, no matter where or what I'm doing, I can mostly tune in to do internal jap with ease.

I'm really not sure if I've just become more self aware or something else is happening like some crazy mind games ?

The only thing that worried me slightly was that if i've become more self aware and highly sensitive to body sensations, then I'm a little frightened to be encountering pain of any sort, because a small tiny pain trigger may be much more heightened and painful to me than it actually is !! :huh:

Totally awesome veer ji.

I wish I'd stumbled across this a few years ago. Truly valuable.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

A real nice share veerji.   If anyone wants more clarity on some of the older posts referred to above on bhaikri, madhma, pasanti, para and rom rom jap, then this video is helpful. Gyani Thakur ji gives a good summary and forum members on those older posts have also given good details of their experiences.   I encountered the same sort of scenario as it went back to the navel with a little more force. It's almost as if it goes from throat to navel - to body roms. Then, back again to navel.  The navel is like the epicenter and I agree with lucky veer that one can initiate it from there when ever they need to. Walking, sitting, lying down. Personally, I find the lying down the most profound.

Veer ji i am really glad to share as this is information that no preacher has touched upon before in their katha or kirtan deewan.

Its through gyani thakur singhs katha i have chosen the banis paaths i am into today and his katha taught me many things.

Its really good veer ji since you have had got experince of this as most people have no idea about this at all especally with the naval throat.

I got a gursikh friend way older than me who told me his experince of how shiv netar (eye) stage is opened when in dasam daur stages.

Its like a telescope where whilst sitting down in samadhi you can see whats happening from away via the dasam daur. Uncle ji how his one opened and how everyone seemed one whether it was friends or foes. But it got lost due to other things at the time.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2014 at 12:56 PM, Lucky said:

I was just going to explain my interpretation of Rom Rom simran.

It's mentioned quite often in the order of saas graas, saas saas and then rom rom, but very rarely does any mahapursh give any details about it.

I get that impression because it is a very practical technique that involves sukham sareer compared to physical, and I assume that most teachers/mahapursh/sant show and demonstrate to an abyhasee only after he is adept in saas graas and saas saas.

It almost seems as it is kept hush hush and some sant/mahapursh don't reveal to student until x-amount of years have been spent doing the other vidhis/jugtees.

I found that I could get a little information from one place and another little idea from another,,,,, so basically, my interpretation is from gathering the little bits and putting them together from varying sources.

I must stress that as far as I understand it, one should be doing this only when they know how to maintain or get very close to a steadiness and when they are able to get breath balanced (ie,, via sukhmana channel)

Primarily,one has to do more abyhaas to get the nadhis cleansed and stimulated, and when this happens- the sukham sareer properties start coming into play.

I won't go into the vidhies of breath balancing or dhyian control for now,but will give you my understanding and how I've been doing the rom rom simran.

ROM ROM SIMRAN

This is pasanti bhani jap- which is mental,silent and completely from the sukham Mind.

and it is antar ghat (completely internal)

We are using sukham ears and sukham mouth to jap. (ie,,,sukham gyan and karam indries)

It is ALL sukham compared to the Physical breathing manoeuvres/inhalations/tongue use....etc.. in Saas graas & Saas saas

However, there is the beginning aspect of trying to feel the pulse or heartbeat, that is classed as physical. But once you master this, then it all becomes sukham.

A little point I would like to make is about some confusion for matching breathing with heartbeat - which can no doubt lead to hyperventilation!

I really don't think that you should match your breath to heartbeat- since this is ALL sukham. If we start matching physical breath then we are going towards sargun/physical behaviour again.

The way I see it is-

With simran we progress through the jugtees and techniques by gradually making our surti, dhyian and actions, to move from Sargun to Nirgun. So, if our surti can come out and away from the sargun body, then we move away from the grasps of kaal and his maya dominance. Therefore, we need to make surti/dhyian move from Sargun to Nirgun.

(remember- before creation there was just the nirgun shabad and all sargun manifested later. It makes sense to go back home in that reverse order!)

As for the rapid breathing technique that can lead to hyperventilation and hypoxia, I am aware that some keertan sangats practice this, but this is not to be confused with heartbeat & rom rom jugtee, or any other jugtee for that matter.

Hypoxia or oxygen deprivation from rapid hyperventilation can give someone a good feeling of being lightheaded. I have heard how some of these kirtan sangats(akj) claim to have feelings of divine anand from their fast paced kirtan samagams, but this is nothing much different than the 2 minute high that party students get with nitric 'poppers', because of same oxygen starvation effects.

Technique/method

1) 1st quieten and get that steady state where breath is balanced.

2) Try and feel your heart beat by putting the focus into that area

3) If this is difficult, then it may help if-

-a) you hold your breath for a few seconds and then try to locate/listen.

-b) Or you can instead ,try to feel your pulse on the wrist.

4) Once you find the beat and can follow it's beating rhythm, then putting some more dhyian there should make it more louder and prominent.

5) the anhad naad/dhun should also get more prominent if you have it present.

-I usually find that they both get more enhanced at the same time

6) Now, that the heart beating is clear and can be followed, you incorporate and match the gurmantar along with it to begin rom rom.

-this itself can be done in 2 ways

a) you should be able to identify an ''up'' beat and a ''down'' beat.

...then coincide the Wahe-with-Up, and the Guru-with-Down.

OR..

b) when the beat is too fast to differentiate the up/down, then you can match the whole gurmantar with this faster beat. For eg..you are saying waheguru,waheguru,waheguru, without any pause or breaks in wahe-and-guru.

With practice, you should eventually be able to locate the heartbeat without touching or feeling any pulse.

If you HOLD the breath for a few seconds, then this also make it easier to sense.

NEXT, the goal is to put the focus on navel, because when focusing at navel, one can be steady in the sukhmanna channel and trying to rise upwards.

The sukhmanna channel runs directly from navel area towards the nijh ghar. (in a straight line along the path of chakras)

Before we are born and in the womb, this connection is fully active and intune with waheguru. When the umbilical cord is cut and the first birth breath is taken, that's when the veil layers of maya world start their course. You could also say that the knot to maya is tied after cord is cut/breath is taken in atmosphere.

ਮਨ ਰੇ ਪਵਨ ਦ੍ਰਿੜ ਸੁਖਮਨ ਨਾਰੀ ਰਹਾਉ
Man re pavan ḏariṛ sukẖman nārī. ||1|| rahā▫o.
O mind, hold your breath steady within the central channel of the Sushmanaa. ||1||Pause||

It's important to get the steady breath balance before you start rom rom.

This steadiness and control comes when there are no thoughts.

If any thoughts arise, then the breath balancing goes into either side of Ida or Pingala.

That’s why it is called the turbulent ocean (bhavsagar) because we rock from side to side (left to right), or from ida to pingala whilst trying to travel up the nadis and trying to maintain the steadiness in sukhmana throughout.

This 2nd stage of rom rom is to focus around navel area and feel the pulse there which is much more sukham.

The focus, I believe is not directly at the belly button, but you feel the pulse and rom rom vibration just below it and deeper inside.

It is the area called the DHARAN.- which is about 1 inch below and 1 inch inwards.

I often find it a little easier to locate this subtle area compared to the heartbeat sometimes. With practice it should become easier and almost instant.

The vibrations that I feel there can be In and Out and so I use the mental Wahe-in and Guru-out,

OR sometimes they may be going slightly up/down at an angle rather than in/out, but I still use the same method and have noticed that the rate of rom rom vibration is practically the same.

All the jap is done in complete sukham from the mind, and it can help if you do the internal, mental chant with the inner voice being raised with some power behind it. (as if your enforcing your internal chant)

The last check I usually make is to be sure that I am breathing slowly and normally, and not accidentally incorporating the breath into the jap rhythm-which can be very easily done (and then you can end up with the hyperventilating issue explained above). Again, with practice, this will become instant and second nature.

This practice takes you on a whole new quest with both mystical and spiritual experiences, that are individual and personally tailored to each of us. You will know that they can't be discussed openly.

I can seriously understand why it is of great importance to have the right sangat and experienced gurmukh/mahapursh/sant guidance/advisor to assist you along the encounters at this stage. This is probably the reason to why it has the "hush hush'' factor and doesn't get mentioned too often.

Sadly, I'm not in the company of any mahapursh and at certain times I have felt the desperate need to get questions answered.

So far, I seemed to have managed using gurbani, certain info sources, practice and of course, Waheguru's blessings.

Using the above practice method should eventually make Rom Rom fully manifest/pargat. There are a few nishanees that can help determine if it's pargat in full or not, but I won't go into those here.

Mbad 

thank you for this method, I don’t feel anything at my naval or hear the Anhad, but i hear a radio frequency type of sound (hard to describe but like if you come off a flight and ears are blocked) and if I press my pulse it is at the same time as the vibration on my forehead . 

I mentally say waheguru and not verbally is that a problem as I know bani says Jaap and the sweet taste in the mouth occurs due to reciting waheguru?

And how to balance the breath ?

Your comments are highly appreciated even 5 years later as it’s very difficult to know what to do and what we experience as a total newbie to meditation methods as I was always taught sikhi was about Seva like make prashade, do langar annually , do path and don’t do any kuret.