Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

Guest Abhyaasi

I was born into a Sikh family, I learned about Sikhi on my own (Waheguru's mehar) 3 years ago. I went through a period of continuous naam jaap for months on end as I was unemployed most of the time or in and out of uni. I quickly ran through the 'sounds, bells, whistles and divine sights' phase in the beginning (past kamai) and now I am starting to slowly understand that I have no understanding at all. I'm a 'mona' Sikh and I eat meat whenever I feel like it, mainly chicken. The thought of alcohol makes me vomit especially when I see a character drinking it on a TV show (it's just water and juice but the thought of alcohol disturbs my spirit), whereas I used to drink it before. I used weed in the past too and now drug use just seems silly as I can get a 'naam nasha' whenever I focus for a few minutes. I don't plan on growing my hair out, neither do I plan on taking amrit. I understand the power of the hair for sure, it can boost your meditation and intuition very quickly and it also keeps your surat (soul) in a higher place (dimension/frequency/wavelength/khand). The negative side to the hair is the maintenance and being socially out of the 'loop'. I think I got all this from past life karam or kamai, nadar whatever you wish to call it. I have a deep understanding of Waheguru, that leaves me feeling I do not know a thing at all, asides from what He tells me. lol

8 hours ago, Guest Abhyaasi said:

I was born into a Sikh family, I learned about Sikhi on my own (Waheguru's mehar) 3 years ago. I went through a period of continuous naam jaap for months on end as I was unemployed most of the time or in and out of uni. I quickly ran through the 'sounds, bells, whistles and divine sights' phase in the beginning (past kamai) and now I am starting to slowly understand that I have no understanding at all. I'm a 'mona' Sikh and I eat meat whenever I feel like it, mainly chicken. The thought of alcohol makes me vomit especially when I see a character drinking it on a TV show (it's just water and juice but the thought of alcohol disturbs my spirit), whereas I used to drink it before. I used weed in the past too and now drug use just seems silly as I can get a 'naam nasha' whenever I focus for a few minutes. I don't plan on growing my hair out, neither do I plan on taking amrit. I understand the power of the hair for sure, it can boost your meditation and intuition very quickly and it also keeps your surat (soul) in a higher place (dimension/frequency/wavelength/khand). The negative side to the hair is the maintenance and being socially out of the 'loop'. I think I got all this from past life karam or kamai, nadar whatever you wish to call it. I have a deep understanding of Waheguru, that leaves me feeling I do not know a thing at all, asides from what He tells me. lol

Waheguru ji๐Ÿ™

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, HisServant said:

Blessings to everyone.ย 

I am writing this today in a bit of shock and disbelieve but at the same time a lot of peace and satisfaction.ย 

These past few weeks/months had been a bit of a rough sail for me. I had lost a lot of faith in spiritual teachers. I had been hearing and seeing a lot of drama that didn't sit well with me. So part of me fell off the boat a bit. I was still listening to shabad and looking at parkash. But I wasn't putting effort in to try and move further. I was sitting still.ย 

Something even worse happened in my personal life a few days ago. A very subtle but very strong attachment got pulled away from me. An attachment I didn't realize was there but was really consuming my mind. I'm not going to lie, I lost my stability. I was upset. Angry. Lost. Confused. And it had been a very long time since I experienced a pain that made me upset like that.ย 

I began isolating myself and really letting my mind be consumed by shabad and parkash because I knew that was the only way out of the trap I had fallen into. I had to work extremely hard. But just now I was laying on the floor looking at parkash internally. I opened my eyes to look at the parkash that exists externally. Mind was clear, no thoughts. And I had a realization. "This parkash exists both outside and inside... Are my physical eyes the one seeing them?..... And then all of a sudden I felt this third area of space. A place that wasn't the internal body, nor the external world. It was this place in the middle. I think it was beyond the mind or some extension of the mind. And sitting in that space there was just parkash. It was like looking at a new world with a new set of eyes. The best way I can describe this is by using the term "non-physical" eyes.ย 

It's as if the parkash outside and inside had become one. I cannot describe the amount of peace and contentment the mind and body feels sitting in that area. I don't know if it's correct for me to stay in that space. But I just wanted to write this out with the hopes that maybe someone knows what this is.ย 

Brother,

that much I can tell you, parkash and shabad can never harm anyone, on the contrary only benefits are received. So maybe, you need to focus more on simran, and enjoy whatsoever the Divine goes on marvelling and revealing you.

Have an attitude of being thankful at all times to that Supreme Divine Being, and trust it as a baby child to its mother.

Simran is a purifier technique/process by itself. The more we engage in it, the more purer we become, and the more we shed away our negativity,ย  although it may not be perceived by usย .

Stay blessed.

SSA.

22 hours ago, HisServant said:

Blessings to everyone.ย 

I am writing this today in a bit of shock and disbelieve but at the same time a lot of peace and satisfaction.ย 

These past few weeks/months had been a bit of a rough sail for me. I had lost a lot of faith in spiritual teachers. I had been hearing and seeing a lot of drama that didn't sit well with me. So part of me fell off the boat a bit. I was still listening to shabad and looking at parkash. But I wasn't putting effort in to try and move further. I was sitting still.ย 

Something even worse happened in my personal life a few days ago. A very subtle but very strong attachment got pulled away from me. An attachment I didn't realize was there but was really consuming my mind. I'm not going to lie, I lost my stability. I was upset. Angry. Lost. Confused. And it had been a very long time since I experienced a pain that made me upset like that.ย 

I began isolating myself and really letting my mind be consumed by shabad and parkash because I knew that was the only way out of the trap I had fallen into. I had to work extremely hard. But just now I was laying on the floor looking at parkash internally. I opened my eyes to look at the parkash that exists externally. Mind was clear, no thoughts. And I had a realization. "This parkash exists both outside and inside... Are my physical eyes the one seeing them?..... And then all of a sudden I felt this third area of space. A place that wasn't the internal body, nor the external world. It was this place in the middle. I think it was beyond the mind or some extension of the mind. And sitting in that space there was just parkash. It was like looking at a new world with a new set of eyes. The best way I can describe this is by using the term "non-physical" eyes.ย 

It's as if the parkash outside and inside had become one. I cannot describe the amount of peace and contentment the mind and body feels sitting in that area. I don't know if it's correct for me to stay in that space. But I just wanted to write this out with the hopes that maybe someone knows what this is.ย 

เจ…เจ–เฉ€ เจฌเจพเจเจนเฉ เจตเฉ‡เจ–เจฃเจพ เจตเจฟเจฃเฉ เจ•เฉฐเจจเจพ เจธเฉเจจเจฃเจพ เฅฅ

To see without eyes; to hear without ears;

ย 

I think this isย the corresponding shabad

1 hour ago, HisServant said:

เจ…เจ–เฉ€ เจฌเจพเจเจนเฉ เจตเฉ‡เจ–เจฃเจพ เจตเจฟเจฃเฉ เจ•เฉฐเจจเจพ เจธเฉเจจเจฃเจพ เฅฅ

To see without eyes; to hear without ears;

ย 

I think this isย the corresponding shabad

ย 

Yes that is the correspondingย  to the shabad of Second Patshahee.

ย 

And going with something related to it, feel like sharing the following points:

The thing is we are so much attached to the body and its organs, that we think when we shall leave from here, we shall somehow be there within with a similar body and its features, if not the same, in terms of color, size and gender.

Maybe that is true to an extent when weย  are still in the lower spiritual realms, but as we proceed higher and higher beyond the creation of Brahm, thenย even the astral and causal bodies are left far behind, then only the pure soul free from any bonds soars high and high towards Sach Khand.

Have we ever thought, if Akal Purukh is a immense, infinite, subtleย  non physical entity, and which is all powerful (samrath) though without any arms and hands,ย  omnipresent (sarvavyapak) without any body nor legs to move,ย  omniscient (Guru), without any head or brains and yet He has made out of nothing, wonderful creations upon creations.ย 

He sees everything from micocospic to macrocosmic sizes, forms, colors, etc,ย  yet without any eyes, He listens to our prayers and pledges, yet withou ears...

If all that is possible with Him, and that is what our state going to be, why so much hatred, ahankar, agaynta, just because of color, caste, creed, due to the perishable body?

What for?

When nothing of that will go with us, neither will count THERE.

Then, why so much discrimination?ย 

The path of Gurmat, is solely for the spiritual developement and uplift of the non physical entityย called soul or jeev atma, that is it. This too, with non physical tools, such as love, devotion, morality, purity, faith, kirpa, Gurparsad ......

So, why limit ourselves and kill or cut each others throats, just for the blind word of religion ?

As per Gurbani, the only true religion, is His jaap, for its is this very practice only, which will make possible our union with Him, that too, to ultimately merge, thus burn away any petty notion of our individual identities.

All souls, areย ย rays with same light and warmth, which have emerged from Him, the One Origin of all and everything.

It is the each and every single ray(soul), which has to merge in their Origin/Sun, same in nature, not the bodies.

There in Sach Khand, only ONE Waheguru exists. He is like the huge Ocean, in which every river which flows into it, becomes the Ocean. Thus the river loses its limited and petty identity, in order to gain something, such as to become something Whole.

There is no such variety of people of any past, even all Bhagat Jan, Gurmukhs, Guru Sahiban who blessed us with their presence, after going from here, reached and became one with Waheguruย  in Sach Khand.ย 

If anybody thinks , that when reaching there, I willย  see so and so entities, then sorryย  to say, we have not understood spirituallity nor Gurmat, in spite of being so muchย clear our beloved Guru Sahiban throughout the Bani.

SSA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Waheguru ji Ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh gursikho..

i want your help in determiningย the simran stage I am in and where to start. First a bit of background..

Mona Sikh for lot of years but did a lot of path and attended sangat with Guru's kirpa. Had a huge setback last year personally and finally took amrit. In fact I should say that Guru took pity on me and gave me Amrit as i was begging. I love Gurbani and can read it for hours in a stretch. Have done more than 10 sehaj paths and my nitnem is very long(Guru kirpa)ย sometime goes upto 3.5-4 hours(including evening nitnem). I love adding banis to my nitnem and constantly keeps on adding them. I never though about Gurmantar simran even after taking Amrit. But few months into Amrit, I found that there is a movement(like circle or chakra you can say) in my heart on which I can attach Waheguru and do simran even while doing work(without speaking). In fact I did it multiple times. But still I fell back and did Gurbani path. Then I started simran in my heart again this year and it moved to nabhi(navel) quickly and few more days practice and then to space between eyebrows(read it as a trikuti chakra). Again left practice and read lot of Gurbani. My smiran practice is very irregular but i can switch to simran mode anytime, anywhere. I can do simran with noise also with 60-70% focus.

Now I want to use my current stage and progress it from here. Soย which simran stage I am in (as I haven't come from traditional repetition of gurmantar but from Gurbani abhyaas). I have tried reading and listening to many texts/gursikhs but not sure what should be the way forward.

Simran on chakras get veryย fast, sometimes not even comprehensible and i am not able to enjoy it for long. Simran on these chakras even I start slow becomes very fast. This is the reason I leave my simran practice. I just want to paise of Guru through waheguru. If simran is so fast, i am not able to comprehend and no love comes out of it.

Sometime I do swaas swas simran, and it feels good to be slow but then body automatically switches to chakra simran after sometime. Besides that I feel some drum beats particularly with fan noise which i presume toย  be celestial sounds but I am not bothered about those noises. I just wantto connect with Waheguru ji.

Another thing is that my 5 vices(especiallyย krodh) areย same as before. I feel I have made no progress on this front. Ideally as per my thinking, if I can meditate on trikuti chakra then I should have become more calm. Anxiety(sehsa in gurbani) is little less but almost similar to before. So what is the the point of simran, if my sehaj awastha is not reached and my mind is still unsettled. I feel I am doing simran more as activity (which is so fast) and thats why no progress on calming the mind. With haume, I can never reach brahm.ย 

So I am looking for suggestions on where to start practicing the simran. Amย I doing ajapa jap(fast simran on chakras)?ย  I feel ajapa jap can be done any time of the day but when I am sitting for a simran session, should I do swaas swaas slowly?

Considering my current state, from where should you suggest to start. Remember I want to kill my haume and 5 vices also with simran.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

5 hours ago, bhattman said:

i want your help in determiningย the simran stage I am in and where to start. First a bit of background..

Mona Sikh for lot of years but did a lot of path and attended sangat with Guru's kirpa. Had a huge setback last year personally and finally took amrit. In fact I should say that Guru took pity on me and gave me Amrit as i was begging. I love Gurbani and can read it for hours in a stretch. Have done more than 10 sehaj paths and my nitnem is very long(Guru kirpa)ย sometime goes upto 3.5-4 hours(including evening nitnem). I love adding banis to my nitnem and constantly keeps on adding them. I never though about Gurmantar simran even after taking Amrit. But few months into Amrit, I found that there is a movement(like circle or chakra you can say) in my heart on which I can attach Waheguru and do simran even while doing work(without speaking). In fact I did it multiple times. But still I fell back and did Gurbani path. Then I started simran in my heart again this year and it moved to nabhi(navel) quickly and few more days practice and then to space between eyebrows(read it as a trikuti chakra). Again left practice and read lot of Gurbani. My smiran practice is very irregular but i can switch to simran mode anytime, anywhere. I can do simran with noise also with 60-70% focus.

Now I want to use my current stage and progress it from here. Soย which simran stage I am in (as I haven't come from traditional repetition of gurmantar but from Gurbani abhyaas). I have tried reading and listening to many texts/gursikhs but not sure what should be the way forward.

Simran on chakras get veryย fast, sometimes not even comprehensible and i am not able to enjoy it for long. Simran on these chakras even I start slow becomes very fast. This is the reason I leave my simran practice. I just want to paise of Guru through waheguru. If simran is so fast, i am not able to comprehend and no love comes out of it.

Sometime I do swaas swas simran, and it feels good to be slow but then body automatically switches to chakra simran after sometime. Besides that I feel some drum beats particularly with fan noise which i presume toย  be celestial sounds but I am not bothered about those noises. I just wantto connect with Waheguru ji.

Another thing is that my 5 vices(especiallyย krodh) areย same as before. I feel I have made no progress on this front. Ideally as per my thinking, if I can meditate on trikuti chakra then I should have become more calm. Anxiety(sehsa in gurbani) is little less but almost similar to before. So what is the the point of simran, if my sehaj awastha is not reached and my mind is still unsettled. I feel I am doing simran more as activity (which is so fast) and thats why no progress on calming the mind. With haume, I can never reach brahm.ย 

So I am looking for suggestions on where to start practicing the simran. Amย I doing ajapa jap(fast simran on chakras)?ย  I feel ajapa jap can be done any time of the day but when I am sitting for a simran session, should I do swaas swaas slowly?

Considering my current state, from where should you suggest to start. Remember I want to kill my haume and 5 vices also with simran.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh veer ji. I would like to first of all welcome youย to the website. You have a lot of kirpa veer ji on what you described from being a mona to becoming a amritdhari sikh. Its really good that you can do this amount of paath and simran. @Sat1176, @Lucky@harsharan000@Ragmaala

and many others respected members are the best to answer questions about simran and chakkars as dass hasn't got much experince in this subject.

On 8/1/2020 at 4:57 AM, Sat1176 said:

From my understanding one should only move to trikuteย when doing dhyan of listening to anhad or looking at the nirgun/sunn/darkness. Gurmantar jaap should be done at lower levels like in front of mouth, throat, heart or nabhi.

If the person is onlyย after the ridhi/sidhis/powers, then the dhayan on lower levels are okay BUT if the person wants the Middle path (where God comes along with its powers, same way wherever Sun goes shadows follow), then Gurmantar jaap should be done at Trikute. But the dhayan on Trikute has to be done in proper fashion but not through force.

For more detailed information refer to this link (starting at around 29.43 minutes):

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/01_Puratan_Katha/Sant_Ishar_Singh_(Rara_Sahib_wale)/Aatamik_Bachan/Sant.Ishar.Singh.(Rara.Sahib.wale)--Aatamik.Bachan.01.mp3

On 7/31/2020 at 11:24 AM, bhattman said:

I want to use my current stage and progress it from here. Soย which simran stage I am in (as I haven't come from traditional repetition of gurmantar but from Gurbani abhyaas). I have tried reading and listening to many texts/gursikhs but not sure what should be the way forward.

ย 

Welcome brother bhattman,

from your words, I can only say you are blessed with His grace.

Regarding the importance of simran, Guru Jee beautifully describes it in Sukhmani Sahib , if you read it with attention and tryย to sip each boond of Amrit in it,ย  you will be amazed about the depth and the anmolย ย value contained in it.

His simran, is the key to true spirituality, or better said, is the very key which unlocks allย ย obstructions encountered between us and Him.

Right from the begining Fifth Patshahee tells us:ย 

เจธเจฟเจฎเจฐเจ‰ เจธเจฟเจฎเจฐเจฟ เจธเจฟเจฎเจฐเจฟ เจธเฉเจ–เฉ เจชเจพเจตเจ‰ เฅฅ

Simaro Simar Simar Sukh Paavo ||

Meditate, meditate, meditate in remembrance of Him, and true everlasting happiness.

ย 

He says that, if we do His simran, we shall find true everlasting happiness.ย 

We may ask ourselves , why or how can that be possible?

The answer is, that by His simran, we merge in Him, thus we are free from the cycle of births and deaths, asย we merge in the Infinite Ocean of everlastingย  bliss of Satnam.ย 

ย 

Further on He tells us:ย 

เจชเฉเจฐเจญ เจ•เฉˆ เจธเจฟเจฎเจฐเจจเจฟ เจ—เจฐเจญเจฟ เจจ เจฌเจธเฉˆ เฅฅ

Prabh Kai Simaran Garabh N Basai ||

Remembering God, one does not have to enter into the womb again.

เจชเฉเจฐเจญ เจ•เฉˆ เจธเจฟเจฎเจฐเจจเจฟ เจฆเฉ‚เจ–เฉ เจœเจฎเฉ เจจเจธเฉˆ เฅฅ

Prabh Kai Simaran Dhookh Jam Nasai ||

Remembering God, the pain of death is dispelled.

เจชเฉเจฐเจญ เจ•เฉˆ เจธเจฟเจฎเจฐเจจเจฟ เจ•เจพเจฒเฉ เจชเจฐเจนเจฐเฉˆ เฅฅ

Prabh Kai Simaran Kaal Pareharai ||

Remembering God, death is eliminated.

ย 

Here He clearly tells us, that by His simran, the chains by which we are strongly tied in the endless wheel of 84, or of the births and deaths, are cut off, thus the soul never ever enters a motherยดs womb, nor any other life form.

We may ask, what are those chains?

Well those chains are all of our karmas whether god or bad, our vikars,ย  the PUNJ CHOR, our past sanskaras .....ย  which are deeply engraved on our minds.ย 

There is no such cleanser which can wipe all that dirt on the mind, except for His simran alone, as seen in the following verse:

เจชเฉเจฐเจญ เจ•เฉˆ เจธเจฟเจฎเจฐเจจเจฟ เจฎเจจ เจ•เฉ€ เจฎเจฒเฉ เจœเจพเจ‡ เฅฅ

Prabh Kai Simaran Man Kee Mal Jaae ||

In the remembrance of God, the filth of the mind is removed.

ย 

Regarding His simran,ย  the Baniย  also tells us:

Jin Har japeeya, se Har hoeeya

In the verse above, Guru Jee is revealing us the technique, the jugtee, by which we ordinary mortals can merge in Him, and become one with Him without any distiction.

Isnยดt that something great and beyond any description?ย 

Well, that is the apaar mahima of His simran, by which, we stones can be ferried across, and become one with Him.

ย 

I hope, your queries of the importance of engaging in His simranย are somehow satisfied; anyway, go through Sukhmani Sahib throughlyย without any rush, and by His grace, all your queries may come to end.

Stay blessed.

SSA.

ย 

Guest Sikhilove
On 6/7/2020 at 11:25 PM, harsharan000 said:

Brother,

that much I can tell you, parkash and shabad can never harm anyone, on the contrary only benefits are received. So maybe, you need to focus more on simran, and enjoy whatsoever the Divine goes on marvelling and revealing you.

Have an attitude of being thankful at all times to that Supreme Divine Being, and trust it as a baby child to its mother.

Simran is a purifier technique/process by itself. The more we engage in it, the more purer we become, and the more we shed away our negativity,ย  although it may not be perceived by usย .

Stay blessed.

SSA.

Hi Harsaharan, I used to love reading your posts on other forums. Good to see you still on the pathย