Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

19 hours ago, Guest Lost soul said:

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖ਼ਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫ਼ਤਹਿ

I want to know that what is the effect of kaam on ones sprituality? If anyone induldged in self pleasing kaamic actvities will it effect his kamayi and how it will?

bhul chuk maaa.....f

Guest jee - Kaam not only refers to sexual desire, but to all types of desires (examples - desire for cars, houses, money, etc). Desires are a big obstacle in the path of spirituality. The more Nishkaam (desire-less) you are in your life and live according to the divine Hukam, the faster you will move towards Waheguru jee.

ਹੇ ਕਾਮੰ ਨਰਕ ਬਿਸ੍ਰਾਮੰ ਬਹੁ ਜੋਨੀ ਭ੍ਰਮਾਵਣਹ ॥

O desire, you lead the mortals to hell; you make them wander in reincarnation through countless species.

ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਕਾਇਆ ਕਉ ਗਾਲੈ ॥

Sexual desire and anger waste the body away,

Bhul chuk maaf

Thanks mahapursho. I seek more information if anyone has

Why do you specifically seek this type of info. Perhaps if we know then you can be given help specific to your case. 

A good general read on understanding the nature of lust is available on a Christian website. The lessons on defeating lust are much similar in Sikhism too. The story of Bhai Joga Singh is a good example of how Guru Ji gives a person the ability to stand up to these 5 thieves which creep upon the human being. There are many lines in Gurbani which make us aware of these five vices which are kaam, karodh, lobh moh and ahankaar. It is sadh sangat and The true Guru who can keep you safe from these vices. One of these vices is Kaam or lust. 

Here is the sakhi of Bhai joga singh

A Christian website which explains how to overcome lust. 

http://www.overcoming-lust.com/articles/fourteen-means-overcoming-lust/

More lines from Guru Granth Sahib Ji will take some time to be posted on here. 

you guys are all going off topic and should start another thread....paapiboy should know better!

This thread is about spititual experiences and personal accounts, so if anyone has anything to share of how kaam may have influenced their bhagti, then please share

last night while meditating I had this weird experience I felt energy rise from the bottom of my spine then it stopped for a few seconds 1/4 of the way up. It continued again stopping for a few seconds 2/4 of the way up then when it got to 3/4 of my spine I got this weird tingling sensation and the it went up to my head ( I could just feel it at this point). It was weird I am pretty sure it wasn't kundalini because I still haven't opened my third eye yet. It wasn't really extreme. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know what it might be?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest anonymous
On 1 September 2016 at 10:17 AM, Guest ... said:

last night while meditating I had this weird experience I felt energy rise from the bottom of my spine then it stopped for a few seconds 1/4 of the way up. It continued again stopping for a few seconds 2/4 of the way up then when it got to 3/4 of my spine I got this weird tingling sensation and the it went up to my head ( I could just feel it at this point). It was weird I am pretty sure it wasn't kundalini because I still haven't opened my third eye yet. It wasn't really extreme. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know what it might be?

I had a similar experience, i was having a bad dream and then started praying to guru sahib for protection, when i kind of woke up i could hear bells ringing loudly in both my ears, and i mean like huge bells ringing really loud. I started waheguru jap and then i felt energy rise from my spine upto my neck, at neck i felt two cool spots (my guess is they were my swaas) then my body went numb. I fell asleep after that but the next day my body was full of cramps

don't know if it was kundalini or what

3 hours ago, Guest Guest anonymous said:

I had a similar experience, i was having a bad dream and then started praying to guru sahib for protection, when i kind of woke up i could hear bells ringing loudly in both my ears, and i mean like huge bells ringing really loud. I started waheguru jap and then i felt energy rise from my spine upto my neck, at neck i felt two cool spots (my guess is they were my swaas) then my body went numb. I fell asleep after that but the next day my body was full of cramps

don't know if it was kundalini or what

Similar to the above, and all good I would say.

Funny, you mention cramps, because these seem to be ongoing and occurring most of the time.  I never really associated them to spiritual activity, but I will keep an eye on them to see any links!

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Sat1176 said:

Have you been pulling the stomach/navel in when doing japna or forceful fast jap of gurmantar?

I have heard a throbing/pulsating navel can lead to a lot Brahm agan being generated which is not good. Take it easy if your doing the above.

no, is this serious how do I stop it.

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 3:24 PM, Guest -o- said:

what does it mean if u see eyes when u close ur eyes during mediation? I am so puzzled. Should I ignore them? I also saw a big purple one about 3 times.

this is a post I sent when I wasn't a member. Can any1 explain this to me now I c all sorts of eyes ? when I close my eyes. Some blink some stare some are closed then open then stare. Pleeeeaaaaaaaaase. Thanx.

1 hour ago, tva prasad said:

this is a post I sent when I wasn't a member. Can any1 explain this to me now I c all sorts of eyes ? when I close my eyes. Some blink some stare some are closed then open then stare. Pleeeeaaaaaaaaase. Thanx.

Relax and simply watch the play of eyes.

What happens?

What do the eyes do?

What else do you see?

Are you able to become fully relaxed as you watch the show?

Can you go deeper into silence and relaxation?

Just now, BhagatSingh said:

Relax and simply watch the play of eyes.

What happens?
I see alot of eyes at once some are silver, blue, orange, black,etc. Sometimes I see a pair of them with a third one in the middle.
What do the eyes do?
they stare at me. Sometimes they blink. Sometimes they r closed then they open vice versa.

What else do you see?

I also see faces are ears rarely. And lights especially purple light.

are you able to become fully relaxed as you watch the show?
sometimes. Sometimes I sort of start to think why is this happening? And all that.

Can you go deeper into silence and relaxation? Can u explain what u mean with an example plz.

thanx guys for helping.

@tva prasad

Does it bother you that they are watching?

What do you feel when you see the eyes and the faces?

Can you close your eyes and see them right now as we speak?

Do not think "why it is happening". Think "This is happening by God's grace". Now try to fully immerse yourself in the experience without distracting yourself with extra thoughts. Does the experience change in any way?

Just now, BhagatSingh said:

@tva prasad

Does it bother you that they are watching?
physically no. But psychologically sort of. I don't like it staring at me.
What do you feel when you see the eyes and the faces?

sort of uncomfortable because I don't know why I m seeing them. It normally happens after meditation at night. Not to say it doesn't happen during the day.

Can you close your eyes and see them right now as we speak?

no

Do not think "why it is happening". Think "This is happening by God's grace". Now try to fully immerse yourself in the experience without distracting yourself with extra thoughts. Does the experience change in any way?

It does change I start by seeing eyes ? then big purple eyes then ears and faces and swirling purple light.

@tva prasad
Learn to relax while the faces and eye are appearing.

Can you go deeper into silence and relaxation?

Can u explain what u mean with an example plz.

This is something you can do inside your mind and body. Is to become silent and relax all muscles and memory when the eyes and faces are there.

You said you become uncomfortable and you start wondering why they are there.
Becoming uncomfortable - is an example of tension in teh mind and in the body.
Wondering why they are there - is an example of mental noise.

You must become quiet and relax into the meditation. When you have an experience of seeing eyes and faces, then you must be quiet.

If it helps, think of the eyes and face as a gift from God, and watch the show with full engagement, full atttention but also full silence and full relaxation.

Here's an example, I just thought of -
If God invited you to watch TV with him, would you become uncomfortable and wonder why you are watching TV with God? Or would you be silent and enjoy the process of watching TV with God?