Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

Dear Kiran Kaur ji,

All those experiences are normal. They will go away by themselves when it is time for them to go away. Also, when you focus, try not to focus with too much pressure, just with a relaxed gaze. If the pressure happens by itself, it is ok. No need to worry about any of this. But please don't stop meditating.

Guest Guest Sikh

Question: Lets say a married man does naam bandghi and reaches God. Can he still have a baby? I mean can he still have a physical relation with his wife and produce child? Or kaam vashna is gone for forever?

Guest justajatt
17 hours ago, Guest Guest Sikh said:

Question: Lets say a married man does naam bandghi and reaches God. Can he still have a baby? I mean can he still have a physical relation with his wife and produce child? Or kaam vashna is gone for forever?

Problem is that you are mixing kaam into the equation , and this is where we get confused.   It's been explained previously by couple of members and I think it was Lucky.  On higher spiritual levels all there physical and subtle actions become like meditation and acts of worship.  Kaam is a very low vibrating energy that they have transformed to the rising energies. In the act of man and wife procreating, it would be an act of the purest love and truth and I remember someone saying that you feel spiritually elated and even more sacred and closer to god.

Took me a while to get my head around this but I think I get the idea.

Guest Kiran Kaur
On 3/21/2018 at 3:39 AM, Xylitol said:

Dear Kiran Kaur ji,

All those experiences are normal. They will go away by themselves when it is time for them to go away. Also, when you focus, try not to focus with too much pressure, just with a relaxed gaze. If the pressure happens by itself, it is ok. No need to worry about any of this. But please don't stop meditating.

Thank you so much for encouraging. I wouldn’t stop doing it because now I am feeling very strong and also I started reading this forums from beginning. They are very helpful.

thanks  to all of you for sharing your experiences and doubts. 

9 hours ago, Guest Singh1 said:

They dont have kaam vashna but can use kaam as their sevadaar. They fully control their body and can conceive a child without sex drive

Good one Singh saab.

23 hours ago, Guest Guest Sikh said:

If a man reaches Brahamgyan, then his bachans will have power. His bachans will come true, even if they are impossible from a worldly perspective. He does not need to procreate via the normal human way, but can also do so if he wishes to (in which case he will still remain detached while performing the sexual act). There are other ways (for Brahamgyanis) to procreate too. Please have a look at the topic (check the fourth post for a historical reference) below. 

Bhul chuk maaf

On 21/03/2018 at 7:44 AM, Guest Guest Sikh said:

Kaam can attack at any moment, can attack any person despite their spiritual status. That is why kaam, karodh , lobh , moh ahankaar are called the 5 thieves. They can manifest themselves as disguised so that you fail to recognise them. 

I will use the example of joga singh.. who just got married.... left his last lav... because Guru ji requested him to stop whatever he was doing and come to Guru ji the moment he reads the letter. He left his bride .. incompletely married... to travel.

Then he stops at night at the door of a prostitute and keeps trying to get in all night. Was his brain tricked? Was he prepared to engage in kaam before he was married and then... got the letter... did not get married.... was going to see Guru ji ... got tempted on the way. Was it his repressed desire in him which brought about his temptation. What if he had not been stopped when he was getting married and Guru ji sent him a letter and he left ploughing the fields and travelled all night to see Guru ji.. would he have given in to the temptation?

So this was kaam trying to attack him in its disguised form. Guru ji had to come to defend and stop him from sinning because he was under the influence of kaam and could not think straight. All night - did he not think about what his would-be wife would think of him? He did not say his prayer...mool mantra or whatever else a Sikh should be saying if he was going to be facing his Guru Ji the next day? Guru JI was near him and he could not recognise Guru Ji at all. Kaam had blinded him. 

Another example is Ravan. He must have performed lots of bhagti and he had ten heads. He had a wife too... in fact many of them. He had one hundred sons. Was there a shortage of women in his kingdom? Why Sita ? Well it was his downfall coming shortly and the best way was for him to be made to commit a very horrible sin so that his powers can be snatched away. Divine powers were behind this. 

So how can these 5 thieves be defeated?

The answer is in this shabad SGGS Ang 205-206

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ   
गउड़ी महला ५ ॥ 
Ga▫oṛī mėhlā 5. 
Gauree, Fifth Mehl: 

ਰਾਖੁ ਪਿਤਾ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮੇਰੇ  
राखु पिता प्रभ मेरे ॥ 
Rākẖ piṯā parabẖ mere. 
Save me, O My Father God. 

ਮੋਹਿ ਨਿਰਗੁਨੁ ਸਭ ਗੁਨ ਤੇਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ  
मोहि निरगुनु सभ गुन तेरे ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ 
Mohi nirgun sabẖ gun ṯere. ||1|| rahā▫o. 
I am worthless and without virtue; all virtues are Yours. ||1||Pause|| 

ਪੰਚ ਬਿਖਾਦੀ ਏਕੁ ਗਰੀਬਾ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਰਾਖਨਹਾਰੇ  
पंच बिखादी एकु गरीबा राखहु राखनहारे ॥ 
Pancẖ bikẖāḏī ek garībā rākẖo rākẖanhāre. 
The five vicious thieves are assaulting my poor being; save me, O Savior Lord! 

ਖੇਦੁ ਕਰਹਿ ਅਰੁ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਸੰਤਾਵਹਿ ਆਇਓ ਸਰਨਿ ਤੁਹਾਰੇ ॥੧॥ 
खेदु करहि अरु बहुतु संतावहि आइओ सरनि तुहारे ॥१॥ 
Kẖeḏ karahi ar bahuṯ sanṯāvėh ā▫i▫o saran ṯuhāre. ||1|| 
They are tormenting and torturing me. I have come, seeking Your Sanctuary. ||1|| 

ਕਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਹਾਰਿਓ ਅਨਿਕ ਬਹੁ ਭਾਤੀ ਛੋਡਹਿ ਕਤਹੂੰ ਨਾਹੀ  
करि करि हारिओ अनिक बहु भाती छोडहि कतहूं नाही ॥ 
Kar kar hāri▫o anik baho bẖāṯī cẖẖodėh kaṯahūʼn nāhī. 
Trying all sorts of things, I have grown weary, but still, they will not leave me alone. 

ਏਕ ਬਾਤ ਸੁਨਿ ਤਾਕੀ ਓਟਾ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਮਿਟਿ ਜਾਹੀ ॥੨॥ 
एक बात सुनि ताकी ओटा साधसंगि मिटि जाही ॥२॥ 
Ėk bāṯ sun ṯākī otā sāḏẖsang mit jāhī. ||2|| 
But I have heard that they can be rooted out, in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; and so I seek their Shelter. ||2|| 

ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਸੰਤ ਮਿਲੇ ਮੋਹਿ ਤਿਨ ਤੇ ਧੀਰਜੁ ਪਾਇਆ  
करि किरपा संत मिले मोहि तिन ते धीरजु पाइआ ॥ 
Kar kirpā sanṯ mile mohi ṯin ṯe ḏẖīraj pā▫i▫ā. 
In their Mercy, the Saints have met me, and from them, I have obtained satisfaction. 

ਸੰਤੀ ਮੰਤੁ ਦੀਓ ਮੋਹਿ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਕਮਾਇਆ ॥੩॥ 
संती मंतु दीओ मोहि निरभउ गुर का सबदु कमाइआ ॥३॥ 
Sanṯī manṯ ḏī▫o mohi nirbẖa▫o gur kā sabaḏ kamā▫i▫ā. ||3|| 
The Saints have given me the Mantra of the Fearless Lord, and now I practice the Word of the Guru's Shabad. ||3|| 

ਜੀਤਿ ਲਏ ਓਇ ਮਹਾ ਬਿਖਾਦੀ ਸਹਜ ਸੁਹੇਲੀ ਬਾਣੀ  
जीति लए ओइ महा बिखादी सहज सुहेली बाणी ॥ 
Jīṯ la▫e o▫e mahā bikẖāḏī sahj suhelī baṇī. 
I have now conquered those terrible evil-doers, and my speech is now sweet and sublime. 

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਨਿ ਭਇਆ ਪਰਗਾਸਾ ਪਾਇਆ ਪਦੁ ਨਿਰਬਾਣੀ ॥੪॥੪॥੧੨੫॥ 
कहु नानक मनि भइआ परगासा पाइआ पदु निरबाणी ॥४॥४॥१२५॥ 
Kaho Nānak man bẖa▫i▫ā pargāsā pā▫i▫ā paḏ nirbāṇī. ||4||4||125|| 
Says Nanak, the Divine Light has dawned within my mind; I have obtained the state of Nirvaanaa. ||4||4||125|| 

Something odd happened this morning. 

I started to notice the left side of my body was a lot cooler than the right side. Right was really warm. I put focus on the left side and the entire body went cool. When thoughts came back the body went warm again. As of now, left is cool and right is warm. 

I know sooraj is right side and moon is left side. I just wasn’t sure whether the body actually feels the sensations of hot and cold when the breath is balanced. Does gurbani say anything about this?

This experience is new. I make an update if anything interesting happens.   

On March 25, 2018 at 7:41 AM, HisServant said:

Something odd happened this morning. 

I started to notice the left side of my body was a lot cooler than the right side. Right was really warm. I put focus on the left side and the entire body went cool. When thoughts came back the body went warm again. As of now, left is cool and right is warm. 

I know sooraj is right side and moon is left side. I just wasn’t sure whether the body actually feels the sensations of hot and cold when the breath is balanced. Does gurbani say anything about this?

This experience is new. I make an update if anything interesting happens.   

All sorts of different sensations will be felt at different times as the body and mind become purified. Totally normal. Best to keep focus on naam and just enjoy. 

Guest Guest Sikh
On 3/13/2018 at 9:29 PM, Guest Kiran Kaur said:

Waheguru Fateh ji,

i really need help. Please help if anyone had this experience or knowledge about it.i got high blood pressure three years ago and doctor told me to do meditation. As lack of knowledge I searched on YouTube and found one binaural beats( to balance your 7 chakras meditation). I started that with headphones on. Three months later, I experienced few things like body vibrations, tickles in middle of head,something middle of chest and some stars during sleep. I got very scared and felt regret that I born in Sikh family what I am doing.since then I stopped that meditation and started doing Japji sahib. I am also doing meditation on Waheguru mantra but I am not baptised yet. But it’s like two years I still feel something moving in middle of my head and heavy pressure middle of my eyebrows.what should I do? I don’t want it because sometimes I get headaches and sore eyes too.i want everything according to gutbani. I don’t want any experience before my avastha because it is dangerous for you. That’s why I don’t do any bani’s at Amritvale. Because I am afraid to have any experiences. i also read bandginama, it explains the stages. But according to it, I am not at any stage yet. Then why I am feeling all of this. One more thing, sometimes I feel sweet saliva in my mouth. What should I do? Please help 🙏🏼

Attached is the audio file. Around 1.04 Sant Ji saying to focus between eye brows in later stages. Is it dangerous to put focus between eye brows in the beginning? So where to put diyaan in the beginning? Diyaan has to put on something when we medidate.   Is tip of nose good place?

Also where is diyaan sitting when we r sleeping?

129--Sant.Isher.Singh.(Rara.Sahib.wale)--Naam.Jepen.Diaa.Jugtiaa.mp3

4 minutes ago, Guest Guest Sikh said:

Attached is the audio file. Around 1.04 Sant Ji saying to focus between eye brows in later stages. Is it dangerous to put focus between eye brows in the beginning? So where to put diyaan in the beginning? Diyaan has to put on something when we medidate.   Is tip of nose good place?

Also where is diyaan sitting when we r sleeping?

129--Sant.Isher.Singh.(Rara.Sahib.wale)--Naam.Jepen.Diaa.Jugtiaa.mp3

• 3 weeks later...

Waheguru Fateh ji, 

Sat Veerji and Lucky veerji, 

Last night I had strange experience, my throat(kanth) created its own sound like buzzing and also felt heartbeat  in my throat. My breath is very smooth as well. As I was thinking,  why it is happening? Because saas saas Simran is not manifest yet. Please shed some light on it. 

Thank you

6 hours ago, Kirankaur1 said:

Waheguru Fateh ji, 

Last night I had strange experience, my throat(kanth) created its own sound like buzzing and also felt heartbeat  in my throat. My breath is very smooth as well. As I was thinking,  why it is happening? Because saas saas Simran is not manifest yet. Please shed some light on it. 

Thank you

The throat is a area where the pulse can be felt so don't find that surprising.

16 hours ago, Kirankaur1 said:

Waheguru Fateh ji, 

Thank you

The sensation in the throat is very good. 

To be able to answer your question more clearly, I need a better ide of what your practice is..ie.  Are you doing saas graas and saas saas, ...are you doing quiet saas saas and silent(mental) japna?

Waheguru Fateh Lucky veerji,

yes I do saas saas and mental japa quietly. But when I sit to focus on shabad, my mind starts focusing on different areas of the body. One more thing I need to tell that whenever I sit down to do Simran, something in middle inside of my head starts spinning, afterwards I can’t handle that pressure and I have to stop meditation. Moreover, I feel energy in my whole body especially in my eyes. When I cover my eyes with hands I see lines like we see on ECG report. It’s very hard to explain. But I can surely say that it is energy. Thats why I get more afraid. Am I getting these things to early? I heard that if someone  get them on early stage.  they can’t handle it and also they get mentally disturbed. Please explain more on it. 

Thank you

1 hour ago, Kirankaur1 said:

But when I sit to focus on shabad, my mind starts focusing on different areas of the body. One more thing I need to tell that whenever I sit down to do Simran, something in middle inside of my head starts spinning, afterwards I can’t handle that pressure and I have to stop meditation.

These sound like energy rushes. It's easier to understand them if you're aware that there are 2 bodies.  First is your physical body and then there is your subtle/sukham body. We have to try and maintain a balance or level of equilibrium between them. This way, you shall get a better grip of your sukham sareer.  It seems that your sukham sareer is trying to run faster than your physical efforts.   

RULE 1: be positive,....in fact always be positive.  No negative ''what if's?'', or "I have to stop"     My suggestion would be "long saas saas" (as I call it) one that has worked for me and a couple of others I know.

**Start off by  just taking a real deep breath in and filling your chest up.

Hold your breath and suspend the chest, and try to keep a stillness.(both physical and inner),   be very relaxed, calm, motivated  and in control...Then,  when you feel comfortable and ready,....slowly,..let the breath out ,....real steady .

Repeat this about 4 times OR until you feel that little space of inner  stillness when suspending/holding.

That was just the breathing, next is to bring in the gurmantar with breath in and breath out.

Start off with a very steady and quiet "waaaaaaaaaaahheeeeee" whilst breathing in. Make sure it is a calm long inward breath pull that is NOT too forceful.

Then,  when you're at the end of "inhale", you need to jus 'pause" and just listen to the inner silence. Next you "exhale" with a steady, calm and long "gurrrroooooo". then when you get to the end "pause" again for a second or two

"Waaaaheeee" on long inhale,....."pause" (hold chest, hold breath)....."Guuurooooo"   on long exhale........."Pause" again at the end before next cycle of inhale.

2 hours ago, Kirankaur1 said:

Moreover, I feel energy in my whole body especially in my eyes. When I cover my eyes with hands I see lines like we see on ECG report. It’s very hard to explain. But I can surely say that it is energy. Thats why I get more afraid. Am I getting these things to early? I heard that if someone  get them on early stage.  they can’t handle it and also they get mentally disturbed

All jugtees and techniques aid in the opening of sukham energy channels. Some of these may already be open, whilst others may have been blocked for years. Nevertheless, the process is the same and as long as your intentions and aims are for the higher truth and higher frequencies, then no negatives should come in the way. True, some people can go down to vibrate more negative/dark and lower vibrations, but if your heart is right and you are using gurmantar or any other mantas from Sri Guru Granth sahib ji like sat-naam, raam naam, har naam..etc.... then you shouldn't have any worries.

I feel that the calm, steady, long breath saas saas,  will bear fruit for you. I went through phases like yourself, and when I started this little technique, I would motivate and psyche myself up mentally the night before. I'd repeatedly tell myself that I'm going to go deeper and deeper with every molecule of breath.  Getting in this frame of mind before I'd go to sleep would get me all fired up at amrit vela.  I'd get up at 2.30-3.00 am, read japji sahib and then go into the deepest simran that I possibly could.  Seriously, it was in no time that I was having some profound experiences.

2 hours ago, Kirankaur1 said:

something in middle inside of my head starts spinning, afterwards I can’t handle that pressure and I have to stop meditation.

Ok, I've not come across this before, so I can only speculate. Middle of the inside of  head is an important area in later stages, but I've always been under the impression that it's advisable to have a solid foundation before going to that area?  Still, I would say that   If you feel energy there or feel some whirring around dasam area, then you have to go with the feel of it.  If it feels uncomfortable, then try to ignore it and put dhyian elsewhere.  My recommendation would be the navel or heart area. Why? because in these areas we have enormous amounts of physical/biological energies.  I mean, our heart generates 60x more electromagnetic energy than the brain.  When this is utilised and geared to making rom rom pargat,, then a whole bunch of doors and avenues can be unlocked. Therefore, I'd recommend you tryin to keep dhyian steady around navel or heart area.(middle of chest)

Give these a try for a couple of weeks and good luck

On 3/30/2018 at 4:53 PM, Xylitol said:

All sorts of different sensations will be felt at different times as the body and mind become purified. Totally normal. Best to keep focus on naam and just enjoy. 

Spot on Paaji. Also, IMHO, the best thing one can do when having different sorts of spiritual experiences is to talk to a Brahamgyani or Gurmukhs of high avastha. Forums are good, but physical meetings with realized souls can be really helpful. For example, Brahamgyanis can actually see your Chakras (energy points) and then guide you in the right direction accordingly. There could be something wrong with your attitude/way of living, they can advise you on that too.

Also, someone above mentioned about mental disturbance. This can happen if a person is not spiritually ready to absorb the vast amount of Naam energy. 

Solutions

• If you are not an Amritdhari (having spiritual experiences), you need to partake Amrit asap from five Rehatvaan Gurmukhs. Khande da amrit prepares a human body to absorb Naam energy.
  • If you are an Amritdhari (involved in intense meditation) and feel that you are developing some kind of a mental illness, then seek advice of Brahamgyanis/Gurmukhs of high avastha.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 3/21/2018 at 6:21 PM, Guest justajatt said:

Problem is that you are mixing kaam into the equation , and this is where we get confused.   It's been explained previously by couple of members and I think it was Lucky.  On higher spiritual levels all there physical and subtle actions become like meditation and acts of worship.  Kaam is a very low vibrating energy that they have transformed to the rising energies. In the act of man and wife procreating, it would be an act of the purest love and truth and I remember someone saying that you feel spiritually elated and even more sacred and closer to god.

Took me a while to get my head around this but I think I get the idea.

Yes bro, i have mentioned it. Don't worry, haven't forgotten an old mate from UK. I may have transformed from my old ways, but true people will always remain in my heart. Saying that, I'm glad that you've decided to take the bhagti marg... keep it up ...and keep on punching!

16 hours ago, Lucky said:

These sound like energy rushes. It's easier to understand them if you're aware that there are 2 bodies.  First is your physical body and then there is your subtle/sukham body. We have to try and maintain a balance or level of equilibrium between them. This way, you shall get a better grip of your sukham sareer.  It seems that your sukham sareer is trying to run faster than your physical efforts.   

RULE 1: be positive,....in fact always be positive.  No negative ''what if's?'', or "I have to stop"     My suggestion would be "long saas saas" (as I call it) one that has worked for me and a couple of others I know.

**Start off by  just taking a real deep breath in and filling your chest up.

Hold your breath and suspend the chest, and try to keep a stillness.(both physical and inner),   be very relaxed, calm, motivated  and in control...Then,  when you feel comfortable and ready,....slowly,..let the breath out ,....real steady .

Repeat this about 4 times OR until you feel that little space of inner  stillness when suspending/holding.

That was just the breathing, next is to bring in the gurmantar with breath in and breath out.

Start off with a very steady and quiet "waaaaaaaaaaahheeeeee" whilst breathing in. Make sure it is a calm long inward breath pull that is NOT too forceful.

Then,  when you're at the end of "inhale", you need to jus 'pause" and just listen to the inner silence. Next you "exhale" with a steady, calm and long "gurrrroooooo". then when you get to the end "pause" again for a second or two

"Waaaaheeee" on long inhale,....."pause" (hold chest, hold breath)....."Guuurooooo"   on long exhale........."Pause" again at the end before next cycle of inhale.

All jugtees and techniques aid in the opening of sukham energy channels. Some of these may already be open, whilst others may have been blocked for years. Nevertheless, the process is the same and as long as your intentions and aims are for the higher truth and higher frequencies, then no negatives should come in the way. True, some people can go down to vibrate more negative/dark and lower vibrations, but if your heart is right and you are using gurmantar or any other mantas from Sri Guru Granth sahib ji like sat-naam, raam naam, har naam..etc.... then you shouldn't have any worries.

I feel that the calm, steady, long breath saas saas,  will bear fruit for you. I went through phases like yourself, and when I started this little technique, I would motivate and psyche myself up mentally the night before. I'd repeatedly tell myself that I'm going to go deeper and deeper with every molecule of breath.  Getting in this frame of mind before I'd go to sleep would get me all fired up at amrit vela.  I'd get up at 2.30-3.00 am, read japji sahib and then go into the deepest simran that I possibly could.  Seriously, it was in no time that I was having some profound experiences.

Ok, I've not come across this before, so I can only speculate. Middle of the inside of  head is an important area in later stages, but I've always been under the impression that it's advisable to have a solid foundation before going to that area?  Still, I would say that   If you feel energy there or feel some whirring around dasam area, then you have to go with the feel of it.  If it feels uncomfortable, then try to ignore it and put dhyian elsewhere.  My recommendation would be the navel or heart area. Why? because in these areas we have enormous amounts of physical/biological energies.  I mean, our heart generates 60x more electromagnetic energy than the brain.  When this is utilised and geared to making rom rom pargat,, then a whole bunch of doors and avenues can be unlocked. Therefore, I'd recommend you tryin to keep dhyian steady around navel or heart area.(middle of chest)

Give these a try for a couple of weeks and good luck

Thank you Lucky veerji, it’s very profound reply. I will do this technique for couple of weeks and then let you know the out come.