Meditation - My Experiance, Am I Allowed To Share?

15 hours ago, paapiman said:

Spot on Paaji. Also, IMHO, the best thing one can do when having different sorts of spiritual experiences is to talk to a Brahamgyani or Gurmukhs of high avastha. Forums are good, but physical meetings with realized souls can be really helpful. For example, Brahamgyanis can actually see your Chakras (energy points) and then guide you in the right direction accordingly. There could be something wrong with your attitude/way of living, they can advise you on that too.

Also, someone above mentioned about mental disturbance. This can happen if a person is not spiritually ready to absorb the vast amount of Naam energy. 

Solutions

• If you are not an Amritdhari (having spiritual experiences), you need to partake Amrit asap from five Rehatvaan Gurmukhs. Khande da amrit prepares a human body to absorb Naam energy.
  • If you are an Amritdhari (involved in intense meditation) and feel that you are developing some kind of a mental illness, then seek advice of Brahamgyanis/Gurmukhs of high avastha.

Bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru Fateh veerji,

I am preparing myself to take Amrit. I have some personal problems which I can’t discuss on forum and as you mentioned about brahamgayanis, I don’t have any friend who is on this marg and how would I find brahamgayanis. Please if you know anyone in Melbourne, I will really appreciate your help. Coz that’s very right way to discuss yourself with high avastha person. 

Thank you

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:52 PM, Kirankaur1 said:

yes I do saas saas and mental japa quietly. But when I sit to focus on shabad, my mind starts focusing on different areas of the body. One more thing I need to tell that whenever I sit down to do Simran, something in middle inside of my head starts spinning, afterwards I can’t handle that pressure and I have to stop meditation. Moreover, I feel energy in my whole body especially in my eyes. When I cover my eyes with hands I see lines like we see on ECG report. It’s very hard to explain. But I can surely say that it is energy. Thats why I get more afraid. Am I getting these things to early? I heard that if someone  get them on early stage.  they can’t handle it and also they get mentally disturbed. Please explain more on it. 

In order to understand the solution to YOUR meditation issue, first, YOU need to personally feel the examples below (not exactly but something which you personally can relate to, otherwise its just a theory which is waste).

e.g Let's say you need to go somewhere urgently for an very concerned task and the only way to go there is via bus and but there is only one bus which goes to your destination; you go to the bus-stand to catch the bus and you see it just started. Now, you ran very fast for about half kilometer but eventually got on the bus. The moment you got on the bus, there is a calmness for few minutes (even though you're still worried to your concerned task once at the destination but for that moment you forgot your destination and just enjoy what you've achieved). The moment of this calmness is "Let it go"; because you got on the bus in-time.

Another example might be: You're in rush to go somewhere and you've an urgent need to use the washroom. The moment you use the washroom, there is a couple of seconds where one enjoys the relief (without thinking of next urgent task on hand).

Same way, wherever you feel unbalanced/irritating/uncomfortable energy during meditation; just let it go. Do NOT try to do something, do NOT try to think of something.....just be in the moment. Look for that short moment of calmness and enjoy it (as explained in the above examples). BE THERE and enjoy while the Universe/Guide/Guru is planning your next move and thinking about how HE would be able to help you......JUST BE THERE AND RELAXED....think of it as an Art and not War.

1 hour ago, Kirankaur1 said:

thinking that I don’t deserve it 

Again don't let your Mind ruin the game. Identify that it is YOU who is allowing your mind to run the game. Don't fight, just work with it.......e.g If you're getting bad/different thoughts, tell him that he is free to go/think anything that he likes, but you're NOT going along with it....i.e not thinking about the thought he introduced. Moreover, negative thinking is the biggest enemy. But do NOT expect that someone else will come and help you, HELP YOURSELF.

On 10/8/2013 at 11:22 PM, Sat1176 said:

I have almost come to the end of watching these videos and feel I have been given a rocket boost in faith and determination. I cannot recommend this lecture highly enough to anyone following the path of spirituality.

You will learn about truthful living, breath, prem/love, varaag (non attachment), and mantra jaap. All the core foundations of spiritual Sikhi.

The Gurbani does not Approve or Support Yogic Practices 

The Gurbani repeatedly indicates such Yogic practices to be uncalled-for. Instead, the Gurbani offers Yogis a simple, direct and straight forward method of awakening Kundilini within. It asks Yogis to do the followings. 

Through the complete detachment from Maya's expanse, deception and illusion, control your mind and become established in meditation (Jap or Naam-Simran) within. This is your Irhaa, Pingla and Sushumanaa. With such understanding, remove your duality of Irhaa, Pingla or Sushumanaa, and know that controlling the breath downward through right nostril or upward through the left nostril, and so on, are "empty hypocritical Dhaarmic practices" ineffective for awakening the true Love for the Mool (Source, Origin, Jot...). Be with Sat (Truth) within and without. Then the coiled Kundilini, which is none other than the knot between the mind and Maya, will untie spontaneously. 

ਨਿਉਲੀ ਕਰਮ ਭੁਇਅੰਗਮ ਭਾਠੀ ॥ ਰੇਚਕ ਕੁੰਭਕ ਪੂਰਕ ਮਨ ਹਾਠੀ ॥ ਪਾਖੰਡ ਧਰਮੁ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਹਰਿ ਸਉ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦ ਮਹਾ ਰਸੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥: Nioulee karam bhuiangam bhaathee. Rechak kunbhak poorak mann haathee. Paakhand dharm preet nahee har sau gur sabad mahaa ras paaiaa: Inner cleansing techniques, channeling the energy to raise the Kundalini to the Tenth Gate, inhaling, exhaling and holding the breath by the force of the mind - by such empty hypocritical Dhaarmic or religious practices, the Love for the Lord is not produced. Only through the Word of the Gur-Shabad (Divine Word) is the sublime, supreme essence obtained (sggs 1043).

ਅਖੰਡ ਮੰਡਲ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਮਹਿ ਅਨਹਦ ਬੇਨੁ ਬਜਾਵਉਗੋ ॥੧॥ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ਰਾਮਹਿ ਗਾਵਉਗੋ ॥ ਸਬਦਿ ਅਤੀਤ ਅਨਾਹਦਿ ਰਾਤਾ ਆਕੁਲ ਕੈ ਘਰਿ ਜਾਉਗੋ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਇੜਾ ਪਿੰਗੁਲਾ ਅਉਰੁ ਸੁਖਮਨਾ ਪਉਨੈ ਬੰਧਿ ਰਹਾਉਗੋ ॥ ਚੰਦੁ ਸੂਰਜੁ ਦੁਇ ਸਮ ਕਰਿ ਰਾਖਉ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਜੋਤਿ ਮਿਲਿ ਜਾਉਗੋ ॥੨॥: Akhand mandall nirankaar mahi anahd ben bajaavougo ...: (By being established) in the imperishable (indivisible Consciousness) realm of the Formless Lord, I play the flute of the unstruck sound current (of the Beloved)||1||. Becoming detached, I sing the Lord's Praises. Through the (Gur-) Shabad, becoming detached, I am established in the All-pervading and In destructible God ||1|| Pause ||. I have controlled the restless mind (which is akin to wind); (this is my practice of) Irhaa, Pingalaa and Shushumanaa. I look upon both the moon and the sun as the same, (because) I aml merged in the Light of the Lord.||2|| (sggs 973).

ਰਵਿ ਸਸਿ ਲਉਕੇ ਇਹੁ ਤਨੁ ਕਿੰਗੁਰੀ ਵਾਜੈ ਸਬਦੁ ਨਿਰਾਰੀ ॥: Ravi sasi louke ihu tanu kingaree vaajai sabad niraaree: (O Yogi!) make this body the harp, and the right and left nostrils — the "sun" and the "moon" channels — the strings of this body-harp; then vibrate the wondrous melody of the Shabad (Naam-Aatam-Giaan...) within (sggs 907 ).

ਸੂਰ ਸਰੁ ਸੋਸਿ ਲੈ ਸੋਮ ਸਰੁ ਪੋਖਿ ਲੈ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਕਰਿ ਮਰਤੁ ਸੁ ਸਨਬੰਧੁ ਕੀਜੈ ॥ ਮੀਨ ਕੀ ਚਪਲ ਸਿਉ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਮਨੁ ਰਾਖੀਐ ਉਡੈ ਨਹ ਹੰਸੁ ਨਹ ਕੰਧੁ ਛੀਜੈ ॥੧॥ ਮੂੜੇ ਕਾਇਚੇ ਭਰਮਿ ਭੁਲਾ ॥ ਨਹ ਚੀਨਿਆ ਪਰਮਾਨੰਦੁ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥: Soor sar sosi lai som sar pokh lai jagat kari marat su sambandh keeja i...: Eradicate the heat of your passion and ignorance nature (make this the the "sun" energy of the right nostril), and strenghten your nature of Goddness (make this the the cool, "moon" energy of the left nostril); practicing this breath-control, bring them into perfect balance (make this the Sushumanaa). In this way, the mind which is fickle as fish will be held steady; then swan-soul will not wander around, and the body-wall will not crumble to evil passions ||1||. You fool, why are you deluded by doubt? You do not remember the detached Lord of Supreme Bliss ||1|| Pause || (sggs 991). 

ਇੜਾ ਪਿੰਗੁਲਾ ਅਉਰ ਸੁਖਮਨਾ ਤੀਨਿ ਬਸਹਿ ਇਕ ਠਾਈ ॥ ਬੇਣੀ ਸੰਗਮੁ ਤਹ ਪਿਰਾਗੁ ਮਨੁ ਮਜਨੁ ਕਰੇ ਤਿਥਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਸੰਤਹੁ ਤਹਾ ਨਿਰੰਜਨ ਰਾਮੁ ਹੈ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਗਮਿ ਚੀਨੈ ਬਿਰਲਾ ਕੋਇ ॥ ਤਹਾਂ ਨਿਰੰਜਨੁ ਰਮਈਆ ਹੋਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥: Irhaa Pingulaa aour sukhamanaa teeni basahi ik thaaee ||..: (Who has Realized the Lord, for him the energy channels of the) Irhaa, Pingalaa and Shushumanaa dwell in one place. (Also, for him) this is the true place of Tribeni(confluence of the three rivers) and Priyag this is where his mind takse its cleansing bath. ||1|| O Saints! The Immaculate (free from Maya) Lord dwells in that State (or awakens within the), (but) rare one who goes to the Guru Gur Gami) Realizes that State. ||1||Pause|| (sggs 974).

ੁੰਡਲਨੀ ਸੁਰਝੀ ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਪਰਮਾਨੰਦ ਗੁਰੂ ਮੁਖਿ ਮਚਾ ॥: Kundilini surjhi sat sangat parmanand guroo mukhi machaa: Through the association with Sat (Truth) - Satsangat - the Kundilini unentangles; through the Word of the Guroo, they enjoy the Supreme Bliss. (sggs 1402).

ਇੜਾ ਪਿੰਗਲਾ ਸੁਖਮਨਾ ਲੰਘ ਤ੍ਰਿਬੇਨੀ ਨਿਜ ਘਰ ਆਵੈ ॥: Irhaa pingalaa sukhamanaa langh tribenee nij ghar aavai: Go beyond the Triveni of Irhaa, Pingalaa and Sushumanaa and stablize in your Nij Ghar (Mool...). (Vaar Bhai Gurdaas).

ਇੜਾ ਪਿੰਗੁਲਾ ਸੁਖਮਨਾ ਸੋਹੰ ਨ ਸਮਾਣਾ ॥: Irhaa pingulaa sukhumunaa soham na samaanaa: The taste of the recitation of "Soham"--I am He--in the base of Irhaa, Pingalaa and Sushumanaa nerves is not equal to the taste of the elixir of Divine Love (Vaar Bhai Gurdaas). 

ਸਿਵ ਸਕਤੀ ਨੋਂ ਸਾਧਕੈ ਚੰਦ ਸੂਰ ਦਿਹੁ ਰਾਤ ਸਦਾਏ ॥: Siv sakti no saadhakai chand soor dihu raat sadaae: Conquering the God's material energy Maya, the Spirtual Beings have disciplined the "moon-sun" —Irhaa and Pingalaa — and also the time known by days and nights (Vaar Bhai Gurdaas). 

ਸੋ ਅਉਧੂਤੀ ਜੋ ਧੂਪੈ ਆਪੁ ॥ ਭਿਖਿਆ ਭੋਜਨੁ ਕਰੈ ਸੰਤਾਪੁ ॥ ਅਉਹਠ ਪਟਣ ਮਹਿ ਭੀਖਿਆ ਕਰੈ ॥ ਸੋ ਅਉਧੂਤੀ ਸਿਵ ਪੁਰਿ ਚੜੈ ॥ ਬੋਲੈ ਗੋਰਖੁ ਸਤਿ ਸਰੂਪੁ ॥ ਪਰਮ ਤੰਤ ਮਹਿ ਰੇਖ ਨ ਰੂਪੁ ॥੩॥ ਮਃ ੧ ॥ ਸੋ ਉਦਾਸੀ ਜਿ ਪਾਲੇ ਉਦਾਸੁ ॥ ਅਰਧ ਉਰਧ ਕਰੇ ਨਿਰੰਜਨ ਵਾਸੁ ॥ ਚੰਦ ਸੂਰਜ ਕੀ ਪਾਏ ਗੰਢਿ ॥ ਤਿਸੁ ਉਦਾਸੀ ਕਾ ਪੜੈ ਨ ਕੰਧੁ ॥: So aoudhootee jo dhoopai aapu ...: He alone is a detached hermit, who burns away his self-conceit. He who makes his suffering the food to eat. He who dwells in the the core of his very Being, and there begs for alms (of realizing God). Such a renunciate ascends to the Divine Realm of Pure Consciousness, Siva Puri or Dasam Duaar, within. (Says Nanak) Hear me O Gorakh, God is the embodiment of Truth; the Supreme Essence of Reality has no shape or form. ||3|| Ma 1. He alone is an Udasi, a renunciator, who embraces inner renunciation. He dwells in God every breath (inhaling and exhaling). He assembles both Knowledge ("sun") and Intuitive Peace ("moon") within. The body of such an Udasi does not fall or succumb to evil passion (sggs 952).

ਕਾਇਆ ਕਲਾਲਨਿ ਲਾਹਨਿ ਮੇਲਉ ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਗੁੜੁ ਕੀਨੁ ਰੇ ॥ ਤ੍ਰਿਸਨਾ ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਮਦ ਮਤਸਰ ਕਾਟਿ ਕਾਟਿ ਕਸੁ ਦੀਨੁ ਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਕੋਈ ਹੈ ਰੇ ਸੰਤੁ ਸਹਜ ਸੁਖ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਜਾ ਕਉ ਜਪੁ ਤਪੁ ਦੇਉ ਦਲਾਲੀ ਰੇ ॥ ਏਕ ਬੂੰਦ ਭਰਿ ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਦੇਵਉ ਜੋ ਮਦੁ ਦੇਇ ਕਲਾਲੀ ਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਭਵਨ ਚਤੁਰ ਦਸ ਭਾਠੀ ਕੀਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਅਗਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਜਾਰੀ ਰੇ ॥ ਮੁਦ੍ਰਾ ਮਦਕ ਸਹਜ ਧੁਨਿ ਲਾਗੀ ਸੁਖਮਨ ਪੋਚਨਹਾਰੀ ਰੇ ॥੨॥ ਤੀਰਥ ਬਰਤ ਨੇਮ ਸੁਚਿ ਸੰਜਮ ਰਵਿ ਸਸਿ ਗਹਨੈ ਦੇਉ ਰੇ ॥ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਪਿਆਲ ਸੁਧਾ ਰਸੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਏਹੁ ਮਹਾ ਰਸੁ ਪੇਉ ਰੇ ॥੩॥ ਨਿਝਰ ਧਾਰ ਚੁਐ ਅਤਿ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਇਹ ਰਸ ਮਨੂਆ ਰਾਤੋ ਰੇ ॥ ਕਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਸਗਲੇ ਮਦ ਛੂਛੇ ਇਹੈ ਮਹਾ ਰਸੁ ਸਾਚੋ ਰੇ ॥੪॥੧॥: Kaayaa kalaalani laahani melau gur kaa sabad gurhu keen re...: (Some sects of Yogi drink wine before practicing Yoga. A Yogi asked Kabeer about the type of wine he drins. Kabeer's answer follows). Make your body the vat; let the Word of the Gur-Shabad (Divine Word) be the molasses; cut up desire, sexuality, anger, pride and envy, and let them be the fermenting bark ||1||. Thus, you mix in your yeast. Is there any Saint, with intuitive peace and poise deep within, unto whom I might offer my meditation and austerities as payment? ||1|| Pause || I dedicate my body and mind to whoever gives me even a drop of this wine from such a vat. I have made the fourteen worlds the furnace, and I have made the Realization of God within my body the fire that I have burnt in the furnace. To enshrine the Intuitive Love for God is my Mudra - my hand-gesture, is my sealing the pitcher to drive the wine into the pot and mental peace is my cooling pad (Sushumanaa). ||2|| Pilgrimages, fasting, vows, purifications, self-discipline, austerities and breath control through the "sun" (Pingla) and the "moon" (Irhaa) channels - all these I pledge for that wine. My focused consciousness is the cup, and the Amrit of Divine Name is the pure elixir. I drink in the supreme, sublime essence of this elixir. ||3|| The pure stream (of the true Wine of Naam) constantly trickles forth, and my mind is intoxicated by this sublime elixir. Says Kabeer, all other wines are trivial and tasteless; this is the only true elixir ||4||1|| (sggs 968-969).

ਗੁੜੁ ਕਰਿ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਕਰਿ ਮਹੂਆ ਭਉ ਭਾਠੀ ਮਨ ਧਾਰਾ ॥ ਸੁਖਮਨ ਨਾਰੀ ਸਹਜ ਸਮਾਨੀ ਪੀਵੈ ਪੀਵਨਹਾਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਅਉਧੂ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਮਤਵਾਰਾ ॥ ਉਨਮਦ ਚਢਾ ਮਦਨ ਰਸੁ ਚਾਖਿਆ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਨ ਭਇਆ ਉਜਿਆਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਦੁਇ ਪੁਰ ਜੋਰਿ ਰਸਾਈ ਭਾਠੀ ਪੀਉ ਮਹਾ ਰਸੁ ਭਾਰੀ ॥ ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਦੁਇ ਕੀਏ ਜਲੇਤਾ ਛੂਟਿ ਗਈ ਸੰਸਾਰੀ ॥੨॥ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਪ੍ਰਗਾਸ ਗਿਆਨ ਗੁਰ ਗੰਮਿਤ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਸੁਧਿ ਪਾਈ ॥ ਦਾਸੁ ਕਬੀਰੁ ਤਾਸੁ ਮਦ ਮਾਤਾ ਉਚਕਿ ਨ ਕਬਹੂ ਜਾਈ ॥੩॥੨॥: Gurh kari giaan dhiya kari mahooaa bhau bhaathee mann dhaaraa ...: (The Yogi asked Kabeer as to how he makes this wine he just described. Kabeer's answer follows). Make spiritual wisdom the molasses, meditation the bassia flowers, and the Fear of God the furnace enshrined in your mind. The Shushmanaa becomes intuitively balanced, and then the drinker drinks in this wine. ||1|| O hermit Yogi, my mind is intoxicated with this wine. When that wine rises up, one tastes the sublime essence of this Rasa, and sees across the three worlds. ||1|| Pause || Joining the two channels of the breath, I have lit the furnace, and I drink in the supreme, sublime essence. I have burnt both lust and anger as fire-wood, and I have been emancipated from the world. ||3|| The light of spiritual wisdom enlightens me; meeting with the Guru, the True Guru, I have obtained this understanding. Slave Kabeer is intoxicated with that wine, which never wears off ||3||2|| (sggs 969).

ਤ੍ਰੈ ਸਤ ਅੰਗੁਲ ਵਾਈ ਅਉਧੂ ਸੁੰਨ ਸਚੁ ਆਹਾਰੋ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਬੋਲੈ ਤਤੁ ਬਿਰੋਲੈ ਚੀਨੈ ਅਲਖ ਅਪਾਰੋ ॥ ਤ੍ਰੈ ਗੁਣ ਮੇਟੈ ਸਬਦੁ ਵਸਾਏ ਤਾ ਮਨਿ ਚੂਕੈ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੋ ॥ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਏਕੋ ਜਾਣੈ ਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਲਗੈ ਪਿਆਰੋ ॥ ਸੁਖਮਨਾ ਇੜਾ ਪਿੰਗੁਲਾ ਬੂਝੈ ਜਾ ਆਪੇ ਅਲਖੁ ਲਖਾਏ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਤਿਹੁ ਤੇ ਊਪਰਿ ਸਾਚਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਮਾਏ ॥੬੦॥: Trai Sat angul vaaee audhoo sunn sach aahaao ... (sggs 944).

ਉਲਟਤ ਪਵਨ ਚਕ੍ਰ ਖਟੁ ਭੇਦੇ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਸੁੰਨ ਅਨਰਾਗੀ ॥ ਆਵੈ ਨ ਜਾਇ ਮਰੈ ਨ ਜੀਵੈ ਤਾਸੁ ਖੋਜੁ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ॥੧॥ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਮਨ ਹੀ ਉਲਟਿ ਸਮਾਨਾ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਅਕਲਿ ਭਈ ਅਵਰੈ ਨਾਤਰੁ ਥਾ ਬੇਗਾਨਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥: Ultat pawan chakra khat bhede surti sun anuraagee ||1||. Aavai na jaai marai na jeevai taas khoj bairaagee. Mere mann mann hee ulati samaanaa ||1|| Rahaaou ||. Gur parsaad akal bhaee avarai naatar thaa begaana (sggs 333). 

ਐਸਾ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਕਥੈ ਬਨਵਾਰੀ ॥ ਮਨ ਰੇ ਪਵਨ ਦ੍ਰਿੜੁ ਸੁਖਮਨ ਨਾਰੀ ॥: Aisaa giyan kathai banbaaree. Mann re pavan drirh sukhman naareeke (sggs 327).

"Sun Enters The House Of Moon": 

How can we realize the Source? Or, how can the Real Self know Itself? Maya's material nature (including all matter) is composed of three qualities: Saatav, Raajas, and Taamas. In English, these three modes can be called goodness, passion and ignorance, respectively. They are like intertwined strands of the winding cord or rope of Nature. These three qualities are part of Maya or delusive force inherent in the creation. Through this medium, Nature holds in bondage all embodied beings. 

As indicated in the Gurbani, the sun due to its hot nature is metaphor for the fiery ego or Raajas and Taamas Guna (passion and ignorance, respectively). Whereas the moon because of its cooling and soothing nature is metaphor for the mode of Goodness (Saatav Guna), the state of Sahaj Avasthaa (the state of no-ego, Pure Being, or Turiyaa), Inner Peace, Intuitive Poise, Tranquility, Mool-realization...

ਪੂਨਿਉ ਪੂਰਾ ਚੰਦ ਅਕਾਸ ॥ ਪਸਰਹਿ ਕਲਾ ਸਹਜ ਪਰਗਾਸ ॥ ਆਦਿ ਅੰਤਿ ਮਧਿ ਹੋਇ ਰਹਿਆ ਥੀਰ ॥ ਸੁਖ ਸਾਗਰ ਮਹਿ ਰਮਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ॥: Poonio pooraa chand akaas. Pasarahi kalaa sahaj paragaas. Aadi ant madhi hoi rahiaa theer. Sukh saagar mahi ramahi Kabeer: The ever present (beginning, middle and end) Divine is the Ocean of Peace, O Kabeer, immers in that Ocean and meditate on Him. By doing so, the Sahaj Avasthaa will shine forth within, just as on the day of the full moon, the moon shines forth in its full glory (sggs 344). 

When the "sun enters the house of moon", or when the moon is out in its full glory, the sun is not to be seen. Similarly, if man's quality of passion and ignorance ("sun") enter into the quality of Goodness ("moon"), the qualities of passion and ignorance fade away and the quality of Goodness becomes dominant. After transcending egoism or all modes of material nature (Maya), one becomes established in Purity, Transcendental Consciousness, Turiya or Soul Nature.

ਕਿਉ ਮੂਲੁ ਪਛਾਣੈ ਆਤਮੁ ਜਾਣੈ ਕਿਉ ਸਸਿ ਘਰਿ ਸੂਰੁ ਸਮਾਵੈ ॥ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਹਉਮੈ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਖੋਵੈ ਤਉ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਹਜਿ ਸਮਾਵੈ ॥: Kio mool pashaanai aatam jaanai kio sasi ghari soor samaavai. Gurmukhi hayumai vichahau khovai tayu Nanak Sahaj Samaavai: "How can the Root, the Source of all be realized? How can the Soul know itself? How can the sun enter the house of the moon?" By becoming a Gurmukh (Spiritual Being) eliminate the egoism from within; then, O Nanak, you naturally enter the Sahaj Avasthaa--sun (Maya's fire) enters into the home of the moon or Soul Nature (sggs 945). 

ਬਾਰਹ ਸੋਲਹ ਮੇਲ ਕਰ ਸਸੀਅਰ ਅੰਦਰ ਸੂਰ ਸਮਾਯਾ ॥: Baarah solah mel kar saseear andar soor samaayaa: Combining twelve (months) and sixteen (phases of moon) the "sun" merges into the "moon" — Maya's material nature gets absobed into the Pure Being (Vaar Bhai Gurdaas)

ਏਕਾਦਸੀ ਏਕ ਦਿਸ ਧਾਵੈ॥... ਬਾਰਸਿ ਬਾਰਹ ਉਗਵੈ ਸੂਰ ॥ ਅਹਿਨਿਸਿ ਬਾਜੇ ਅਨਹਦ ਤੂਰ॥ਦੇਖਿਆ ਤਿਹੂੰ ਲੋਕ ਕਾ ਪੀਉ ॥ ਅਚਰਜੁ ਭਇਆ ਜੀਵ ਤੇ ਸੀਉ ॥: Ekaadasee ek dis dhaavai...Baarasi baahar oogavai soor. Ahinis baajai anahad toor. Dekhiaa tihoon lok kaa peeou. Acharaj bhaiaa jeev te seeou: The person who engages in remembering One Divine ("ek dis dhaavai"), the complete Self-knowledge menifests in his bosom, its like twelve suns have arisen in his inner being! Day and night, he hears the celestial bugles vibrating the unstruck melody within, and he beholds the Father of the three worlds. This is so wonderful! A common man thus becomes God! (sggs 344).

ਆਂਗਨਿ ਮੇਰੈ ਸੋਭਾ ਚੰਦ ॥ ਨਿਸਿ ਬਾਸੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਿਅ ਸੰਗਿ ਅਨੰਦ ॥: Aangan merai sobhaa chand. Nisi baasur priya sangi anand: Within the courtyard of my Heart, the glory of the moon of Self-realization has shined forth. Night and day, I am in Bliss with my Beloved (sggs 372).

Also, the "sun" is used as metaphor for Self-knowledge, Divine Light, Intuitive Wisdom and Divine Understanding. Similarly, the moon indicates Spiritual darkness. When the "sun" of True Knowledge and Understanding enters the "moon" (of Spiritual darkness), the "Joti-Svaroopa" shines forth. And God stands Realized!

ਕਵਨ ਮੁਖਿ ਚੰਦੁ ਹਿਵੈ ਘਰੁ ਛਾਇਆ ॥ ਕਵਨ ਮੁਖਿ ਸੂਰਜੁ ਤਪੈ ਤਪਾਇਆ ॥ ਕਵਨ ਮੁਖਿ ਕਾਲੁ ਜੋਹਤ ਨਿਤ ਰਹੈ ॥ ਕਵਨ ਬੁਧਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਪਤਿ ਰਹੈ ॥ ਕਵਨੁ ਜੋਧੁ ਜੋ ਕਾਲੁ ਸੰਘਾਰੈ ॥ ਬੋਲੈ ਬਾਣੀ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੈ ॥੪੮॥ ਸਬਦੁ ਭਾਖਤ ਸਸਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਅਪਾਰਾ ॥ ਸਸਿ ਘਰਿ ਸੂਰੁ ਵਸੈ ਮਿਟੈ ਅੰਧਿਆਰਾ ॥: Kavan mukh chand hivai ghar shaaiaa ...: Yogis asked Baabaa Nanak: "The moon of the mind is cool; how is it to be kept that way? How can the blazing sun of Knowledge be kept arisen all the time? How can the constant fear of Death be turned away? By what understanding is the honor of the Gurmukh (Spiritual Being) preserved? Who is the warrior, who conquers Death? Give us your thoughtful reply, O Nanak." By chanting the the Shabad in the Heart, the moon of the mind is illuminated with infinity. ||48||Thus, when the sun of Knowledge dwells in the house of the moon, the darkness of ignorance is dispelled (sggs 943).

ਚਉਦਸਿ ਚਉਥੇ ਥਾਵਹਿ ਲਹਿ ਪਾਵੈ ॥ ਰਾਜਸ ਤਾਮਸ ਸਤ ਕਾਲ ਸਮਾਵੈ ॥ ਸਸੀਅਰ ਕੈ ਘਰਿ ਸੂਰੁ ਸਮਾਵੈ ॥ ਜੋਗ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਕੀ ਕੀਮਤਿ ਪਾਵੈ ॥ ਚਉਦਸਿ ਭਵਨ ਪਾਤਾਲ ਸਮਾਏ ॥ ਖੰਡ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੰਡ ਰਹਿਆ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਏ ॥੧੮॥ : Chaudasi chauthe thaavahi lahi paavai...: Chaudas: One who enters into the Fourth State of Consciousness, overcomes time, and the three qualities of Maya — Raajas, Taamas and Saatav. Then the "sun" of fiery Maya enters into the house of the "moon" of Intuitve Peace, and one comes to know the value of the true Way of Yoga. He then keeps his consciousness lovingly focused on God, who is permeating the fourteen worlds, the nether regions of the underworld, the galaxies and solar systems ||18|| (sggs 840).

ਉਗਵੈ ਸੂਰੁ ਨ ਜਾਪੈ ਚੰਦੁ॥ਜਹ ਗਿਆਨ ਪ੍ਰਗਾਸੁ ਅਗਿਆਨੁ ਮਿਟੰਤੁ ॥: Ougavai soor na jaapai chand. Jah giaan pragaas agiaan mitant: When the sun rises, the moon is not visible. Where the Light of Divine Wisdom illuminates, ignorance is dispelled (sggs 791).

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦਿ ਸਹਜ ਘਰੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਮਿਟਿਆ ਅੰਧੇਰਾ ਚੰਦੁ ਚੜਿਆ ॥: Gur parasaad sahaj ghar paaiaa mittiaa andheraa chand charriaa: By the Gur-Grace (Grace of the Giaan-Knowledge, Wisdom...), I have entered the home of celestial bliss. Darkness of ignorance is dispelled, and the moon of wisdom has risen (sggs 393). 

"Moon Enters The House Of Sun": 

With the rise of the sun, the moon fades away. That is to say, when the "moon enters the house of sun", the moon becomes veiled or dormant. Similarly, when man's Pure Nature, Soul Consciousness, Inner Peace or Intuitive Poise ("moon") enters the material nature of Maya ("sun"), the Soul Nature fades away and the illusion, egoism or evil passions become dominant.

ਸੋਲਹ ਕਲਾ ਸੰਪੂਰਣੋ ਸਸਿ ਘਰ ਸੂਰਜ ਵਿਰਤੀ ਹਾਣੀ ॥: Solah kalaa sampoorano sasi ghar sooraj viratee haanee: When moon, the master of sixteen phases (Pure Nature) enters into the sun (material nature), it gets faded (Vaar Bhai Gurdaas).

Moonless night or Amaavas is metaphor for our darkness of ignorance or falsehood (egoism). When our mind is overtaken by the darkness of egoism, the "moon" of Truth is not to be seen anywhere! But the moment the egoism begins to thin out, the "moon" of Truth begins to rise and gradually grows; bringing Divine Virtues like Peace, Contentment, Knowledge, Compassion, Shabad- Vichaar... 

ਕੂੜੁ ਅਮਾਵਸ ਸਚੁ ਚੰਦ੍ਰਮਾ ਦੀਸੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਕਹ ਚੜਿਆ ॥: koorr amaavus such chundhrumaa dheesai naahee keh charriaa: In this dark night of falsehood, the "moon" of Truth is not be seen anywhere (sggs 145).

ਅਮਾਵਸ ਆਤਮ ਸੁਖੀ ਭਏ ਸੰਤੋਖੁ ਦੀਆ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ॥: Amaavas aatam sukhee bhae santokh deeaa gurdev: The day of the new moon: My soul is at Peace; the Divine has blessed me with contentment (sggs 299). 

Soul's Purity And Freedom: 

The sun and the moon shower their light on everyone and everyplace without any prejudice or distinction, and ever remain untouched by the environment thereof. For instance, by shining on water they do not get wet, by shining on trash they do not get stinky, by shining on dirt they do not get dirty, by shining on a pot they do not become that pot, and so on. Also, although the fire burns everything that comes in its way, but it ever remains untouched by the objects it burns. In that sense, they are said to be immaculate, free or liberated. 

Similarly, the Mool (Source, Origin, Jot...) is always in its Pure Nature, Truth-Knowledge-Bliss. However, when this Pure Consciousness gets refracted at the prism of false ego-center, the duality or the sense of distinction and separation is perceived. Which, in turn, gives rise to a perceiver of objects, a feeler of emotions, and a thinker of thoughts. Thus, it is because of the rise and intervention of the mind and body (false ego-sense) that we veil the Reality from ourselves. However, the Self eternally remains Pure and Liberated even in spite of our filthy egoism.

In the same way, a Brahm Giaanee, the Mool-realized person, remains pure and liberated regardless of external events, conditions, circumstances, changes, place or time. Without abandoning family and society — like the sun and the moon and the fire, free from bondage — the Spiritual Beings live in the midst of Maya or worldly happenings, yet remain unaffected and untouched. 

ਸੂਰੁ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਸਸੀ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਅਲਿਪਾਇ ॥ ਸੁਭਾਵਤ ਜੈਸੇ ਬੈਸੰਤਰ ਅਲਿਪਤ ਸਦਾ ਨਿਰਮਲਾਇ ॥: Soor muktaa sasee muktaa brahm giaanee alipaae. Subhaavat jaise baisantar aliptaa sadaa nirmalaai: The sun is liberated, and the moon is liberated; the God-realized being is pure and untouched. His inner nature is like that of fire, untouched and forever immaculate (sggs 1001). 

ਕਕਾ ਕਿਰਣਿ ਕਮਲ ਮਹਿ ਪਾਵਾ ॥ ਸਸਿ ਬਿਗਾਸ ਸੰਪਟ ਨਹੀ ਆਵਾ ॥ ਅਰੁ ਜੇ ਤਹਾ ਕੁਸਮ ਰਸੁ ਪਾਵਾ ॥ ਅਕਹ ਕਹਾ ਕਹਿ ਕਾ ਸਮਝਾਵਾ ॥੭॥ : Kakkaa kiran kamal mahi paawaa. Sasi bigaas sanpatt nahee aavaa. Aru je tahaa kusam ras paawaa. Akah kahaa kahi kaa samjhaavaa ||7||: KAKKA (a letter of the Gurmukhi alphabet):  When the rays of (the sun of the Knowledge - Giaan) come into the heart-lotus, the moon-light of Maya cannot enter the basket (of the mind - it cannot close the blossomed heart-lotus again). (By reaching that state) if I enjoy the subtle fragrance of that Spiritual Flower (blossoming of the heart-lotus), I cannot describe it - its indescribable; I could speak, but who would understand? ||7|| (sggs 340).

5 hours ago, Jasninder Singh said:

The Gurbani repeatedly indicates such Yogic practices to be uncalled-for. Instead, the Gurbani offers Yogis a simple, direct and straight forward method of awakening Kundilini within

Singh saab, you also have to remember that there are 44 types of Yoga. 

For examples:

• Raj yog
  • Hatd yog (not approved in Gurmat)
  • Gyan yog
  • Karam yog
  • Jap yog
  • Bhagat yog
  • Mantar yog
  • Tantar yog
  • Shiv yog

Bhul chuk maaf

On 4/17/2018 at 7:40 PM, Kirankaur1 said:

Waheguru Fateh veerji,

I am preparing myself to take Amrit. I have some personal problems which I can’t discuss on forum and as you mentioned about brahamgayanis, I don’t have any friend who is on this marg and how would I find brahamgayanis. Please if you know anyone in Melbourne, I will really appreciate your help. Coz that’s very right way to discuss yourself with high avastha person. 

Thank you

It is great that you are preparing yourself to partake the precious gift of Khande da amrit.

Daas lives in Canada. I am not aware of any Gurmukh Mahapurakhs, who live in Australia.

For India, please have a look at the topic below

Bhul chuk maaf

On 4/22/2018 at 8:46 AM, BhagatSingh said:

It is important to follow the 3 pillars of Sikhism to keep your heart in the right place.

The three pillars are -

1. Naam Japna - meditation

2. Vand Chhakna - being generous and kind - sharing things, knowledge, love, wisdom etc that you have/feel

3. Sachi Kirt Karni - Truthful actions - speaking Truth, acting according to the Truth

If any of these pillars are missing you will screw up your nervous system, which will make you lost.

Your body-car will become rusted, the engine will screw up and the gps will go out of whack. Your body-computer will constantly fill up with ads and viruses, when you go to load one program another one will open.

You will meditate and wonder why isn't it bringing any results.

It's not bringing results because the house has been built completely wrong. The roof is collapsing and the walls the breaking down.

It body-building must be supported by all 3 pillars.

Do you feel "disoriented and imbalanced" when that happens? Is that what you mean by "inside of my head starts spinning"?

Waheguru Fateh BhagatSingh ji,

Thank you for you kind reply and about spinning, I am not overthinking it now. With Waheguru’s grace things are falling it’s place. 

On 4/24/2018 at 12:12 AM, paapiman said:

It is great that you are preparing yourself to partake the precious gift of Khande da amrit.

Daas lives in Canada. I am not aware of any Gurmukh Mahapurakhs, who live in Australia.

For India, please have a look at the topic below

Bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru Fateh Paapiman ji,

I appreciate your help. 

On April 26, 2018 at 1:18 AM, Sat1176 said:

Experiences of Naam Abhiyaasi Singhs | Giani Thakur Singh Ji

This. This needs to be shared with anyone who walks this path and runs into strange experiences, unexpected changes etc. etc. etc. If you're not sure if your experience is normal, THIS needs to be listened to.

Guest Seeker
On 4/28/2018 at 6:32 PM, Xylitol said:

This. This needs to be shared with anyone who walks this path and runs into strange experiences, unexpected changes etc. etc. etc. If you're not sure if your experience is normal, THIS needs to be listened to.

1.Does anyone know what are the 5 elements of mann?

2. When one does Ajapa Jaap or later hears Naad/sounds does he hear it all the time or only when going into meditation? If all the time then how would he does his other work/job etc.?

3. karam Dharam pakhand jo deeseh tin jam jaagaatee lootai. nirbaan keertan gaavhu kartay kaa nimakh simrat jit chhootai.  Page 747. So what comes under karam kand? What is Guru Ji is saying here? I believe Kirtan is Bhagti cause later on Guru ji said on same page: “saaDhsang jo har gun gaavai so nirmal kar leejai.

10 hours ago, Guest Seeker said:

1.Does anyone know what are the 5 elements of mann? 

ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਕਰਮਾ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਧਰਮਾ ॥
eih man karamaa ih man dharamaa ||
This mind commits its deeds of karma, and this mind follows the Dharma.
ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਪੰਚ ਤਤੁ ਤੇ ਜਨਮਾ ॥
eih man pa(n)ch tat tay janamaa ||
This mind is born of the five elements. (Ang 415)
The mind is said to be also made of the 5 subtle elements (Air, Water, Fire, Earth and Ether/Akash)
As you do simran and start to transcend these 5 elements, you can sometimes see colours of these elements.

10 hours ago, Guest Seeker said:

2. When one does Ajapa Jaap or later hears Naad/sounds does he hear it all the time or only when going into meditation? If all the time then how would he does his other work/job etc.?

Naam is said to resonate 24x7. Depends where you keep your surti. If mind is not listening to it then it will fade away into the background. Goal is to keep surti on naam and carry on your worldly duties. I guess this is easier to do if you job involves manual labour but if mental effort is required then will be more difficult to keep attention on both.

• 4 weeks later...

Two new experiences 

1) Been seeing a flash of light that originates from above. 

2) Seeing a colourless type figure very occasionally and briefly. 

Not sure if either of these are parkash. It’s still very early and they aren’t consistent yet. I will update if there is any decent progression. 

23 hours ago, HisServant said:

Two new experiences 

1) Been seeing a flash of light that originates from above. 

Not sure if either of these are parkash. It’s still very early and they aren’t consistent yet. I will update if there is any decent progression. 

Focus on the light and it should get still. If it doesn't stay steady, it could also be awakening of 3rd eye dristi. Either way, it's most probably the route to see parkash of nirankar.   However, you must try and listen to anhad to get the full connection.    If all this is happening whilst you are trying rom rom technique, then it's real good. It may all fall into place in an instant.    Must continue working and slogging at it with prem.

23 hours ago, HisServant said:

Shouldn't really be a shape or figure. Roop, na rekh, na rang.   No form, shape or color.   Again, if you focus on anhad dhun, it should still the mind further for better connection and dristi.

8 hours ago, Lucky said:

Focus on the light and it should still. If it doesn't stay steady, it could also be awakening of 3rd eye dristi. Either way, it's most probably the route to see parkash of nirankar.   However, you must try and listen to anhad to get the full connection.    If all this is happening whilst you are trying rom rom technique, then it's real good. It may all fall into place in an instant.    Must continue working and slogging at it with prem.

Shouldn't really be a shape or figure. Roop, na rekh, na rang.   No form, shape or color.   Again, if you focus on anhad dhun, it should still the mind further for better connection and dristi.

Welcome back Lucky Ji, after for a while not seen you on this forum on this topic.

If this stage is a part of dhyaan.  Constration in the trikutti or above.  when I do my  simran sawas sawas after some time effortless pulsation start in trikutti and  in forehead.  This pulsation is very pleasant. I feel not to open my eyes.  if look  above I see blue, yellow, white lights come and go. Sometime expend in circles. But I do more sawas sawas simran

I hear hi frequency sound also since long but not giving any attention to it.

But mind is still wondering during simran, thought still come and go.

When do sawas sawas simran slowly, while exhale feels pleasant from trikutti to inner top of head. Most of the times breathing from both side of nose.

Should I still do sawass  sawas or go to dhyaan.

16 hours ago, Lucky said:

Focus on the light and it should still. If it doesn't stay steady, it could also be awakening of 3rd eye dristi. Either way, it's most probably the route to see parkash of nirankar.   However, you must try and listen to anhad to get the full connection.    If all this is happening whilst you are trying rom rom technique, then it's real good. It may all fall into place in an instant.    Must continue working and slogging at it with prem.

and

@HisServant

Everything you experience is ultimately experience.

And experience will always have some roop, rekha, rang and qualities.

It will always be composed of lights and sounds, forms and shape

So of course what you see is some kind of form.

But the one who sees, the one who experiences, himself has no roop, rekha, rang, and no qualities.

This is because  all roops, rekhas, rangs and qualities arise in the one who experiences.

If you are specifically trying to shut off all senses, which is a type of meditation, then don't read further. 

If not, then try to pull back from lights and sounds, forms and shapes, and simply become aware of all of it, as a whole.

Just sit back and watch the experience as a whole, and pull back into the seat of the one who experiences that experience.

Notice the difference between the objects of your experience (the lights and sounds, forms and shapes, etc) and the space around them (the space in which those objects exist).

Try to become more and more aware of that space.

On 1/4/2013 at 6:07 PM, Sat1176 said:

I have pasted chapters from Discourses on the Beyond vol 3 in another thread. This is true knowledge from a realised soul. Thanks to Sant Waryam Singh Ji for making this knowledge available to us seekers who are trying to walk on this path..

http://www.sikhawareness.com/index.php/topic/14949-discourses-on-the-beyond-vol-3/

Sorry i can not connect to this link ... can u post it again

Just another quick update. I was hearing crickets this morning in the left ear and then it slowly turned into a high pitched frequency, 

14 hours ago, Lucky said:

The shabad starts off as very faint, but with time and simran, it gets to higher frequency/vibration and becomes anhad naad.

I'm not sure if this is the same "high frequency" mentioned above. In the right ear I was hearing some sort of cross between rainfall and a vocal mumbling (kind of like aliens mumbling). But it felt really really good - especially the side that was hearing the high pitch sound. I had to get ready and go somewhere but there was no desire to get up. I usually lose the sounds as soon as I leave my room but I could hear them while walking around the house - the TV was on in the house but the sounds were still present. I ended up losing them when I went to take a shower - the sound of the water masked the shabad. Finding the sounds during the day is still very difficult. I only hear them at night. All that happens during the day is pavan shabad. So my main two issues right now is:

1) Not being able to hear  shabad when there are external sounds 

2) Not being able to hear shabad during the day (it's only there at night)

If I can get around these two issues I'll have a lot more freedom/time to practice. 

But all I can say right now is that the high pitched sound that happened this morning was just beautiful. My entire body felt so good listening to it. I cannot imagine what it must feel like for those at deeper stages.