Chandi Di Var & Braham Kavach Maryada

Kaljug

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Is there a maximum to the number of Chandi di Vars one should recite each day? I have heard some people say that one should not read more than 5.

For those of you who read Braham Kavach, do you recite all 32 in the morning? Is it possible to split them up during the day, e.g., half in morning with nitnem and half in the evening with rehras?

Thanks,

K.

http://sikh-reality.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=29

Above, is a link by Jvala Singh. It tells you in details about what Brahm Kavach really is and the power it can genarate. As for reciting it, i assume that amritvela would be best but i dont think any timings have been attached to the Bani. As for chandi di vaar, as far as i know you should read Japji and Anand Sahib after the Bani.

Peace and Light

Mit

Jaikaara:

Chandi di Var is supposed to be read at amritvela. If you recite it in the evening, then you need to recite it continuously until sunrise (as per Baba Harnam Singh Rampur Khere wale).

Also, whereas a Hindu might worship a geometrical shape made of interconnected triangles as representing Devi, for a Sikh any naked shastar represents Chandi (who in turn represents Akal Purakh's Shakti) and can be namaskared when reciting Chandi di Var.

Ghostface Killah:

Braham Kavach is a bir ras bani which is present in some birs of Sri Dasam Granth. The Nihangs still recite 32 times as per their maryada.

Whitegrass, Laadli Fauj:

Cool. Now all I need is the time to recite 21 Chandi di Vars. :-D

K.

Edited by Kaljug

penji i would request you to please let this topic go the way it should and not the way you are taking it . i have some doubts please let them be resolved .

Don't read Chandi Di Vaar in the evenings unless you plan on carrying on all night. What doubts do you have veera?

You should have shastar with you anyway, a previous post mentions the correct timings. Also check out the link posted by Malwe Da Sher.

how is the rest of your nitnem, and why do you want to do Chandi Di Vaar and Uggardanti? (genuine question, not being funny).

Edited by Matheen

doubts like is it true that a Shastar needs to be placed in front of you and the Paath is done only in the mornings...also i have Ugardanti printed together should I do Ugardanti together? I in fact enjoy Ugardanti more...

Yes, Chandi di Var is read before sunset, best time as always is at amritvela. You have to read it continuously until the following morning if you read it after sunset. Sant Baba Harnam Singh's diary Se Kinehyaa explains this maryada.

Baba Santa Singh in his Panth Prakash Steek says that one should be standing and wearing shastars when one reads Chandi bani. BUT I think this is an ideal since not even Nihangs do this in private (not that I've witnessed anyway). You can have nangi shaster in front of you in an elevated place when you read Chandi di Var, but this is not necessary either. You should be wearing a kirpan at the very least though.

MODS, please remove the irrelevant off-topic anti-Dasam Granth propaganda.

K.

Edited by Kaljug

This topic is re-opened now.

Please follow the rules and stick to the topic. Any off-topics will be deleted without notice regardless how long post might be or how long time spent on it. So think twice and make a back up of your post in your computer before going writing off-topic post.

• 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest Sadhjenakakeera

Veer.. if you are reading  chandi di vaar as a part of your  nitnem... you can read it at any time of the day...  unless if you are doing a chalisa.. then you should be seated in folded legs with ghee lamp with shaster prakash on a suchi sefai.. only has to be recited during amritvela...

• 2 years later...