Balbir Singh Given Budha Dal Jathedar?

Nihang factions reach compromise

Umesh Dewan

Tribune News Service

Patiala, February 26

After remaining at loggerheads for nearly three years, the two factions of the Nihang sect Baba Budha Dal today reached a compromise.

One of the factions led by Baba Joginder Singh extended its unconditional support to the other group headed by Baba Balbir Singh, the legal heir of the Baba Budha Dal. A formal announcement in this regard was made after a meeting of both the factions at Patiala Budha Dal Bagichi here. The decision to call truce by the two warring factions has given the district police a sigh of relief.

Notably, in April 2007, Baba Santa Singh formally announced Balbir as his legal heir of 96 Crori Shiromani Panth Akali Baba Budha Dal, headed by Baba Santa Singh. Subsequently, four relatives of Balbir were allegedly gunned down by the rival group led by Udey Singh and Surjit Singh. The main reason behind the fight was that Udey and Surjit were perturbed with Balbir’s installation as the heir of Shiromani Panth Akali Budha Dal (Panjwan Takht) by Baba Santa Singh. After the clash, Uday went underground. Thereafter, Joginder Singh, who was backing Uday, had allegedly tried to eliminate Balbir on more than one occasion but failed.

In today’s meeting, Joginder said he is extremely disturbed as one of the Budha Dal follower Lakhbir Singh was murdered mercilessly by the followers of Uday, earlier this month in New Delhi. “Because of the said incident, I myself called up Balbir to offer my support and end all the differences,” he told The Tribune.

After the meeting, Balbir said he welcomed all the Nihangs, who want to apologise for their misconduct. He further said on coming March 1, they would celebrate Hola Mohalla in Anandpur Sahib, while giving a call that anyone interested in joining their Dal can approach them during the Hola Mohalla celebrations.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2010/20100227/punjab.htm#7

What you guys think is this good for Buddha Dal? I know alot of people do not like Balbir Singh and dont consider him worthy of being jathedar

Let's be honest here. Does any of this matter? Santa Singh made sure that the Budha Dal went from being an irrelevance before 1984 to lost in oblivion after 1984. It may be a big deal for the few kids in the west and Nihangs in India but apart from these few thousands, the matter of who holds the Jathedari of Budha Dal is of no relevance to the rest of the Sikh community.

Edited by tonyhp32

"Does this mean that all Nihangs who supported Baba Joginder Singh will accept their union and accept Balbir as the head of Budha Dal?"

I expect so, unless Baba Surjit Singh continues to oppose Balbir Singh, in which case I expect some will follow him.

Looks like Dal Panth is now heading towards a 3 way faction. Such a shame.

i personally dont understand. i think it is mainly over the fact that balbir has the nishans and nagare of the dal . ive been told by countless singhs that balbir has no interested bhagti or simran and is mmore interested in eating and the politic side of things. fine it is good that we need politics also , but i see him as a shame , when we look at the history of the jathedars of budha dal , who have had such uche suche jeevan , for example baba santa singh jee , baba chet singh jee and so on. so should the jathedar of the panjva thakat be balbir? imo no, hence when we look at the jeevan of baba joginder singh or baba surjeet singh it is another story. then again baba joginder singh prob has a good reason for what has taken place

Baba Surjeet Singh Jee is supporting him now aswell apparently as per sikhsangat.

However all the other dals are is disagreement and are not supporting any of them anymore - as per a singh who was with everyone at holla mohalla and a close associate of Baba Daya Singh and Baba Avtaar Singh Jee

i personally dont understand. i think it is mainly over the fact that balbir has the nishans and nagare of the dal . ive been told by countless singhs that balbir has no interested bhagti or simran and is mmore interested in eating and the politic side of things. fine it is good that we need politics also , but i see him as a shame , when we look at the history of the jathedars of budha dal , who have had such uche suche jeevan , for example baba santa singh jee , baba chet singh jee and so on. so should the jathedar of the panjva thakat be balbir? imo no, hence when we look at the jeevan of baba joginder singh or baba surjeet singh it is another story. then again baba joginder singh prob has a good reason for what has taken place

If gardari equals ucha sucha jeevan for Nihangs then Badal would be an ideal candidate for Jathedar of Budha Dal! Then all the Nihang factions can unite and he can lead them to greater ignominy.

Jathedar Joginder singh Rakba is doing very good work for promoting Gurmat.

Recently he helped in bringing out a new magazine Sach ki blea to counter

heretics.

There are some who are misinformed about Nihungs. They need to look into jeevan

of mega taritors of sikh panth such as ragi darsho, Parmajit sarna, missionary rogues

and otehr non belivers of communist ideologywho have inflitrated sikhism.

here is a glimpse of dirty activites of these akirtghan and traitors

http://www.proudkhalsanetwork.com/?p=258

http://www.proudkhalsanetwork.com/?p=239