Jump to content
amardeep

Guru Hargobind And Painde Khan

Recommended Posts

PAINDA-KHAN : THE PATTHAN OF THE GURU

(Source : http://www.panthic.org )

Painda Khan, was the son of Fateh Khan, an Afghan resident of the village of Alimpur, 7 km northeast of Kartarpur in the present Jalandhar district of the Punjab. His parents died while he was still very young, and he was brought up by his maternal uncle, Isma'ill Khan, of Vadda Mir, near Kartarpur.

According to Gurbilas Chhevin Patshahi, Isma'il Khan, along with his 16-year old nephew and some other Pathans of his village, once accompanied a Sikh sangat proceeding to Amritsar on the occasion of Divali to see Guru Hargobind. The Guru, pleased with the manly demeanour of Painda Khan, engaged him to be trained as a soldier.

Painda Khan grew up into a brave, hefty warrior and showed his mettle fighting against the imperial troops at Amritsar (1629). Guru Hargobind ji always treated him with special consideration. While at Kartarpur, he had Painda Khan married to an Afghan girl from Chhota Mir, and asked him to stay there with his bride. During his visits to Kartarpur, the Guru would take him out for the chase, and shower him with praise and gifts. Painda Khan was in Guru Hargobind ji's train during his visit to darauli Bhai in 1631.

After the death of Mata Damodari there in November that year, he was told to escort the family back to Kartarpur, while the Guru himself set out on a journey across the Malva tract to meet the sangats. As the Guru arrived at Kartarpur after the battle of Mehraj in December 1634, Painda Khan presented himself and, to quote Bhai Santokh Singh, Sri Gur Pratap Suraj Granth, spoke boastfully: "Had I been there I would not have let the Guru go forward and expose himself to danger, nor would have Bhai Jetha died." About this time Painda Khan married his daughter to asman Khan, an Afghan youth of the village of Chhota Mir itself.

On the occasion of the next Baisakhi, 29 March 1635, Sikhs from far and near came with presents to pay homage to the Guru. Chitra Sain, a rich merchant, presented a beautiful horse, a white hawk, a costly dress and a khande or dual-edged sword. Guru Hargobind gave the hawk to Baba Gurditta, his eldest son, and bestowed the horse, the dress and the sword upon Painda Khan. As the latter went home, elated at having been so honoured by the Guru, his son-in-law, asman Khan, claimed the gifts which Painda Khan reluctantly passed on to him. Asman Khan, donning the dress and sword, went out hunting the following day riding the horse. Baba Gurditta, with his newly acquired white hawk, also happened to be sporting in the same area. The hawk fell into the hands of Asman Khan, who took it home.

Painda Khan who turned up without wearing the dress gifted to him, denied before the Guru that the gifts had changed hands or that the hawk was in the possession of his son-in-law. Guru Hargobind ji sent a Sikh, Bhai Bidhi Chand, to Chhota Mir, and the gifts along with the hawk were recovered from asman Khan. Annoyed at the exposure of his perjury, Painda Khan openly turned against his patron. With the help of the faujdar of Jalandhar, he attacked the Guru but was defeated in the battle which, according to Bhatt Vahi Multani Sindhi, raged for three days, from 26 to 28 April 1635.

Painda Khan fell to Guru Hargobind's sword on the final day. The Gurbilas Chhevin Patshahi records that, as Painda lay dying, the Guru told him to remember Allah(God), shading with his shield his face from the scorching sun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What, you mean like Guru Gobind Singh Ji did, numerous times...

Grow up.

It's a beautiful sakhi of how Guru was truly egalitarian (no coincidence he built a maseet and mandhir in his namesake town also), alongside the understanding - that 'you shouldn't bite the hand that fed you'.

The actual details of the full Sakhi are excellent - especially the details of the fight between Guru Sahib and Painde Khan. The above is a very brief summary of the Sakhi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2020 at 8:17 PM, chatanga1 said:

And why should we trust your clan? Who have waged war on the Sikhs ever since?

ohh ok ! so dont trust ....if you want to play hatred...the game starts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2020 at 8:17 PM, chatanga1 said:

And why should we trust your clan? Who have waged war on the Sikhs ever since?

btw when you mean clan ?what is your definition? and who do you represent ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2020 at 10:47 PM, chatanga1 said:

And why should we trust your clan? Who have waged war on the Sikhs ever since?

These days they infiltrate Sikhi and after raping and murdering us,now they provoke us to go kill Muslims. Watch that degeneracy of a movie "Kesari" that these idiots made to influence simple minded Sikhs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jageera said:

These days they infiltrate Sikhi and after raping and murdering us,now they provoke us to go kill Muslims. Watch that degeneracy of a movie "Kesari" that these idiots made to influence simple minded Sikhs.

Then please love the Muslims, they are very happy and eager to accept you. No one stops you from doing what you like. Love to such a level that there be no difference, who can dare to stop you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jaikaara said:

Then please love the Muslims, they are very happy and eager to accept you. No one stops you from doing what you like. Love to such a level that there be no difference, who can dare to stop you. 

What is this mental patient barking about,I wasnt even talking to him and his fanatic hindutva madness took over.Pity his keyboard. I love everyone who doesn't go around killing and raping. And whats for sure is I dont need your permission to love anyone.I don't hate muslims just because they are muslims.

I pity you jaikara...pretending to be a Sikh for years yet Sikhi can't seem to seep into your heart.You are just a hate filled fanatic who is most capable of rape and murder himself.I bet you don't even see muslims as fellow humans. You have the same mentality of those who committed the 1984 anti-Sikh genocide, the same fundamentalist hate and sheep mentality swallowing up what hate others spew.

Seriously what the hell are you doing here? Ask yourself. I think you are better off on some bajrang dal forum where you and the other lunatics can have a group orgy of hate,murder and rape.Seriously go get some professional help before you end up committing some heinous hate crime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jageera said:

What is this mental patient barking about,I wasnt even talking to him and his fanatic hindutva madness took over.Pity his keyboard. I love everyone who doesn't go around killing and raping. And whats for sure is I dont need your permission to love anyone.I don't hate muslims just because they are muslims.

I pity you jaikara...pretending to be a Sikh for years yet Sikhi can't seem to seep into your heart.You are just a hate filled fanatic who is most capable of rape and murder himself.I bet you don't even see muslims as fellow humans. You have the same mentality of those who committed the 1984 anti-Sikh genocide, the same fundamentalist hate and sheep mentality swallowing up what hate others spew.

Seriously what the hell are you doing here? Ask yourself. I think you are better off on some bajrang dal forum where you and the other lunatics can have a group orgy of hate,murder and rape.Seriously go get some professional help before you end up committing some heinous hate crime.

veere ..shaant..tusi baot jyaada lorhh lehnde ho...ik dimaagi rakshas banaake rakkheya tu veer..koi na shaant..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jageera said:

look in the mirror veer. I am not the one having the same hateful views for more than 10 years, lol.

tu yaar thand rakhh mere veer...chhad duniya daari ..Nanak Naam lewa sangat haige assi saare..veer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Sorath mehlaa 3.
Sorat'h, Third Mehl:


so sikh sakhaa banDhap hai bhaa-ee je gur kay bhaanay vich aavai.
He alone is a Sikh, a friend, a relative and a sibling, who walks in the Way of the Guru's Will.

(601-18)
aapnai bhaanai jo chalai bhaa-ee vichhurh chotaa khaavai.
One who walks according to his own will, O Siblings of Destiny, suffers separation from the Lord, and shall be punished.

bin satgur sukh kaday na paavai bhaa-ee fir fir pachhotaavai. ||1||
Without the True Guru, peace is never obtained, O Siblings of Destiny; again and again, he regrets and repents. ||1||

 

_-------------------------------------------

Everyone who listen to the Guru is a Sikh. Sikhi was and will never depend upon the family you were born in. If Jaikara believe in Sikhi - he's a Sikh but Jaikara, no person can be classified as good or bad by which religion he's born in. Indira Gandhi, Gangu were born in Brahmin family whereas there are 100s of examples from Bhai Mardana ji, Pir Budhu Shah, Sai Miya Mir who were born in Muslim families. 

Clans don't matter, only Values does Humanity does... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2010 at 5:10 PM, jaikaara said:

MORAL OF THE STORY : NEVER TRUST THEIR CLAN !

You used the word "clan".

On 2/27/2020 at 10:28 AM, jaikaara said:

btw when you mean clan ?what is your definition? and who do you represent ? 

Tell us your definition. And who you represent.

 

On 2/27/2020 at 2:55 PM, Jageera said:

These days they infiltrate Sikhi and after raping and murdering us,now they provoke us to go kill Muslims. Watch that degeneracy of a movie "Kesari" that these idiots made to influence simple minded Sikhs.

They still see us as a the "sword-arm" of Hindus. And conveniently overlook the fact that Guru Sahib fought more against Hindu hill chiefs than the moghals.

 

On 2/27/2020 at 5:32 PM, jaikaara said:

Then please love the Muslims, they are very happy and eager to accept you. No one stops you from doing what you like. Love to such a level that there be no difference, who can dare to stop you. 

We don't need to love them. We just don't need to hate them either. Whether the accept us Sikhs or not, is troublesome for you personally in what way?

 

7 hours ago, Jageera said:

What is this mental patient barking about,I wasnt even talking to him and his fanatic hindutva madness took over.Pity his keyboard. I love everyone who doesn't go around killing and raping. And whats for sure is I dont need your permission to love anyone.I don't hate muslims just because they are muslims.

I pity you jaikara...pretending to be a Sikh for years yet Sikhi can't seem to seep into your heart.You are just a hate filled fanatic who is most capable of rape and murder himself.I bet you don't even see muslims as fellow humans. You have the same mentality of those who committed the 1984 anti-Sikh genocide, the same fundamentalist hate and sheep mentality swallowing up what hate others spew.

Seriously what the hell are you doing here? Ask yourself. I think you are better off on some bajrang dal forum where you and the other lunatics can have a group orgy of hate,murder and rape.Seriously go get some professional help before you end up committing some heinous hate crime.

Exactly. For someone who claims to be a follower of Dasam Bani...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Still nascent said:


Sorath mehlaa 3.
Sorat'h, Third Mehl:


so sikh sakhaa banDhap hai bhaa-ee je gur kay bhaanay vich aavai.
He alone is a Sikh, a friend, a relative and a sibling, who walks in the Way of the Guru's Will.

(601-18)
aapnai bhaanai jo chalai bhaa-ee vichhurh chotaa khaavai.
One who walks according to his own will, O Siblings of Destiny, suffers separation from the Lord, and shall be punished.

bin satgur sukh kaday na paavai bhaa-ee fir fir pachhotaavai. ||1||
Without the True Guru, peace is never obtained, O Siblings of Destiny; again and again, he regrets and repents. ||1||

 

_-------------------------------------------

Everyone who listen to the Guru is a Sikh. Sikhi was and will never depend upon the family you were born in. If Jaikara believe in Sikhi - he's a Sikh but Jaikara, no person can be classified as good or bad by which religion he's born in. Indira Gandhi, Gangu were born in Brahmin family whereas there are 100s of examples from Bhai Mardana ji, Pir Budhu Shah, Sai Miya Mir who were born in Muslim families. 

Clans don't matter, only Values does Humanity does... 

Read all his past posts.This is the guy who supports rape and murder of innocent kashmiri for his political belief. In every thread that exposes the tyranny of the indian state this propagandist is there defending tyranny. And YES! Those who for years are spewing anti Sikh propaganda that supports rape and murder of innocent could NEVER EVER BE A SIKH OF THE GURU NO MATTER WHAT DRAMA THEY DO unless they give up their evil ways and embrace Sikhi wholeheartedly.

17 hours ago, Still nascent said:

Clans don't matter, only Values does Humanity does... 

Lol, you should preach this to jaikara who doesn't view muslims as even humans and legitimizes rape and murder against anyone who goes against the tyrannical indian state! This thread is proof that for more than 10 years jaikara has been spewing hatred and poison and looks like it will never change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...