Gobind Gita

Kaljug

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Gobind Gita is now on scribd here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/31560652/Gobind-Gita

Thanks to Amardeep Singh and Kamalpreet Singh Pardeshi (Kam1825).

Regards,

K.

Regards,

K.

It is nice effort.

Dhanyavaad ji.

Can anyone separate or identify the portions attributed to dasmesh pita so we can try some translation?

I am trying, but it is nice to share and do stuff like that. Enhances the learning experience. I've just had a preliminary scan of the text. At first glance it does seem much more 'Panjabi' in language than what we encounter in the Dasam Granth?

Does anyone know who Bhai Gela Ram and Sanz Malik are?

• 6 months later...

Is this not the same text as the 'Sri Bhagvant Gita Bhaka' as found in some old Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Birs...?

where can i get a hold of these writings?

i only new of uggardunti being in the patna sahib bir and havent heard of this bani so i would like to get this text. is this the same as gobind geeta? (i dont think so but..is it?)

no uggardanti bani is not the same

ok thats fine but

is >'Sri Bhagvant Gita Bhaka'< and >gobind geeta< the same bani?

if these are different, then where can i get a copy of this bani 'Sri Bhagvant Gita Bhaka'.

i have gobind gita..

thanks..

o, im also looking for hanuman naatak, does anyone have this?

if so can they sent it me?

thanks..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

r u in india ?

ok thats fine but

is >'Sri Bhagvant Gita Bhaka'< and >gobind geeta< the same bani?

if these are different, then where can i get a copy of this bani 'Sri Bhagvant Gita Bhaka'.

i have gobind gita..

thanks..

o, im also looking for hanuman naatak, does anyone have this?

if so can they sent it me?

thanks..

Gobind gita is the same rachna with another name as hita bhaka, as far as i am aware.

hanuman natak is not rachna of the tenth guru neither is it part of sri dasam guru granth neither has it ever been.

hanuman natak was a favoured court work like the works of rumi.

• 10 months later...

Regards,

K.

Its an interesting Granth - quite simple in language yet deep. It ties together the Khalsa with earlier yugas.

You've read it?

Care to share any interesting excerpts? 

It is for the most part a translation with small sections of commentary here and there. It's easy to detech which parts are translation and which parts are commentary (the commentary parts has the heading Teekakaar vaach - words of the commentator).

A part of the commentary is also to introduce narratives from the Puranas. For the most part the commentator part explains the concepts given - in only a few instances the text disagrees with the words of Krishna - one example I vaguely remember is the passage where Krishna talks about the caste system - whereas the commentator parts states alll are equal.

The language is actually quite simple, very similiar to modern hindi.. Check it out.

A part of the commentary is also to introduce narratives from the Puranas. For the most part the commentator part explains the concepts given - in only a few instances the text disagrees with the words of Krishna - one example I vaguely remember is the passage where Krishna talks about the caste system - whereas the commentator parts states alll are equal.

Manyn, I don't know what is up with people, if I find something really interesting I make it a point to share it on the forum. Lol

what you mean?

I mean you should make some effort to post a few lines here and there that you find interesting to share/discuss. 

You mean in my previous post or from the time I read the book?

I mean like, when we read anything, and we find something of genuine interest we should share it as soon as possible. I say this because it keeps our collective knowledge on point and keeps the Sikh literature scene fresh. 

The more we disseminate the contents of our literature  (which lets be frank, only a very few Sikhs actually do globally), the better. Even more so with relatively unknown works. 

Especially if the discussion is in English.  

This way we facilitate the emergence and growth of a new generation of apnay who are somewhat knowledgeable of their literary heritage - unlike the majority of people from my and my parent's generation. 

Geddit?