Mental Manipulation Techniques

Xylitol

http://www.chaosmatrix.org/library/magick/texts/brnwash.html

noticed that a lot of christian preachers use these...

LOL, it's funny to see Fenwick's ChaosMatrix linked to here.

This is the most important part of the whole essay:

But let me inject a word of warning here: If you think you can attend such gatherings and not be affected, you are probably wrong.

Most people are too proud to admit that they were hypnotised/brainwashed, and that the same techniques that are used to grant them "salvation" are used by people who have studied a little hypnosis and NLP to sell cars and vacuums.

K.

People should also delve into Social Psychology. It highlights how indepth goray have gone into uncovering mechanisms to control, influence us. They have a bag of tricks they can use to make us comply, this is especially employed in the media.

It would do Sikhs a world of good to grasp and implement Moscovici's work on minority influence too. It not only holds the key on how a minority can influence a majority but also pinpoints why some of our own lot convert to other ways.

Anyone know about NLP. I've heard a lot about it recently, seems like a load of crock?

Edited by dalsingh101

My main martial arts teacher is trained in NLP and used it to help save the marriage of one of my training partners. I have seen it used, it is very effective, the 'patient' does need to be in a receptive mindframe though, as per any type of intervention.

Anyone know about NLP. I've heard a lot about it recently, seems like a load of crock?

It's extremely effective and, in the context of something like politics or sales, it doesn't require the cooperation of your conscious mind because the patterns used communicate directly with your unconscious mind. Some of their techniques are similar to hypnotic inductions, but the trance words are concealed in ordinary sounding speech.

Read anything by Richard Bandler and John Grinder who co-founded NLP. You can find most of their books online in pdf format. If you want a basic intro, Stephen Heller's Monsters and Magical Sticks is great.

K.

Oh okay! I'd better look into it then.

A better one that will introduce a lot of the NLP jargon used in a lot of modern post-Bandler & Grinder writings is Joseph O'Connor and John Seymour's Introducing NLP.

I have them in pdf someplace. If you want them, PM me.

Can you suggesr some good social psychology books?

K.

A better one that will introduce a lot of the NLP jargon used in a lot of modern post-Bandler & Grinder writings is Joseph O'Connor and John Seymour's Introducing NLP.

I have them in pdf someplace. If you want them, PM me.

K.

I tried to PM you but it keeps saying member cannot recieve new messages ? :blink:

The main book used at uni for this unit was completely shite in my opinion. It was foisted on us as some of the lecturers had contributed to it. Mainly, my research involved going to the library and finding relevant chapters in miscellaneous books and using Internet based research papers on specific areas. That book we used basically introduced the various topics very unevenly, some areas in depth and some in in a very cursory fashion. I can only suggest using Amazon and scanning the recommendations and getting one that is given a high rating by many readers.

I should add, I found the subject very difficult at the time but I think this is because of my previous undergrad training which was the polar opposite in nature being more logical, technical. This was more soft and I was unfamiliar with that type of 'waffly' style of information (as it seemed to me at the time! lol).

Edited by dalsingh101

Introducing NLP by Joseph O'Connor and John Seymour:

http://rapidshare.com/files/65585694/Joseph_O_Connor_and_John_Seymour_-_Introducing_NLP.pdf

Monsters and Magical Sticks by Stephen Heller:

http://rapidshare.com/files/88759298/Steven_Heller_-_Monsters_and_Magical_Sticks_-_there_is_no_such_thing_as_hypnosis.pdf

K.

• 3 months later...

Interesting threads.

Have any members here heard of Carl Gustav Jung? and his "Red Book".

Mind Manipulation techniques increased during WW1 & WW2, after the war, majority of the SS, Nazi scientists who were believed to behind the success of Hitlers "brain washing" of Germany were secretely flown over to good old US of A, so that they could continue thier work.

Government = Govern - To Control, Ment - The Mind.

Has anybody heard about the "Hashshashin" from which the world "assassin" is derived?

From what I have read and understood, the guy (ali hassan) who started this secret brotherhood learnt his "brain washing" technquies from a secret egyptian brotherhood. He basically built a "mini" paradise, rivers of wine, beautiful women, etc, the whole works. What he would do is while you were eating your food, drug you, then move you to this paradise, place himself as a "god", have the women seduce you, etc, then drug you again and then you will wake up in your bed, believing it was a "vision".

This way, he recruited thousands of men who were dormant, doing normal jobs, and then at his command will do anything. If he commanded you to jump from the top of the cliff, you will do it, because you know that after death, paradise will await you.

These assassins where also hired by the rich to kill off their enemies and they always got the job done.

Interesting threads.

Have any members here heard of Carl Gustav Jung? and his "Red Book".

Mind Manipulation techniques increased during WW1 & WW2, after the war, majority of the SS, Nazi scientists who were believed to behind the success of Hitlers "brain washing" of Germany were secretely flown over to good old US of A, so that they could continue thier work.

Government = Govern - To Control, Ment - The Mind.

Has anybody heard about the "Hashshashin" from which the world "assassin" is derived?

From what I have read and understood, the guy (ali hassan) who started this secret brotherhood learnt his "brain washing" technquies from a secret egyptian brotherhood. He basically built a "mini" paradise, rivers of wine, beautiful women, etc, the whole works. What he would do is while you were eating your food, drug you, then move you to this paradise, place himself as a "god", have the women seduce you, etc, then drug you again and then you will wake up in your bed, believing it was a "vision".

This way, he recruited thousands of men who were dormant, doing normal jobs, and then at his command will do anything. If he commanded you to jump from the top of the cliff, you will do it, because you know that after death, paradise will await you.

These assassins where also hired by the rich to kill off their enemies and they always got the job done.

The Hashshashins were Shia Muslims. They were mainly used to assassinate Sunni leaders who would persecute Shia communities in the Middle east, they were fearless, ruthless and very good at what they did. The Mongols completely destroyed the Hashshashin brotherhood and probably did the world a great favour.

If you've ever seen or played the very popular computer game Assassin's Creed, it is actually based on those guys.

AssassinsCreed2.jpg

Edited by dalsingh101

The Hashshashins were Shia Muslims. They were mainly used to assassinate Sunni leaders who would persecute Shia communities in the Middle east, they were fearless, ruthless and very good at what they did. The Mongols completely destroyed the Hashshashin brotherhood and probably did the world a great favour.

actually they were ismaili muslims thats what I read and also found, from what I have researched, the mogols or Hulagu Khan didn't completely destroy them. Their "system" by which they grew ever so powerful still exists today, it was later adopted by the knights templars when they met their (hashshashins) founder during the 11th century.

They were amazed by the loyalty of the followers who would do anything for the leader and brotherhood.

Remember the thuggee of India. :ph34r: