Does God Has Lust?

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all!

I have a curiosity to know. Does God has lust?

Today I read the topic "Gurbani By Bhagat Namdevji God Krishan ji is Praised" on sikhsangat dot com.

One of their mentors pleaded "Krishan had the power of God working through him when he did good things. But at some point in his life, he got egoistic, started have illicit relations with Gopis, made people worship him and finally DROWNED in the world ocean."

In the next post he wrote "The nipples of Gopis were sargun saroop and Krishna's love for nipples is the love for God's sargun beauty hahahahaha".

He added in his next post "Even Krishan's lust with gopis gives the lesson that Krishan was not God but a conscious creation of God who was subject to maya and 5 demons. He did good things and bad things."

For unknown reasons this topic is removed from the forum. I hope their mentor visits this forum and explains.

Does God has lust?

Balbir Singh

Dear all and Shaheediyan Jee!

You asked "Is Parmatma Nirgun and Sargun both?"

Yes. Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee confirms this also.

ਨਿਰਗੁਣੁ ਸਰਗੁਣੁ ਆਪੇ ਸੋਈ ॥

निरगुणु सरगुणु आपे सोई ॥

NirguNu sarguNu aape soee. SGGS Ang 128

I am also curious to know. God breeds the cosmos. How full God is with lust?

Balbir Singh

Dear Laalsingh Jee!

You wrote "Why are you so obsessed with lust?"

Please do not try to see God in others. God is first and nearest within.

God has lust. Lust is also Godly.

My curiosity is to know. Why God accept the reverend Gurus as Suhaagan if God does not have lust? God also dose not restrict Himself to one Suhaagan. He accepts many as His brides.

Is God also Krishna?

Balbir Singh

Dear all and Sarbatdapala Jee!

Thanks for your post.

The topic here is "does God has lust." The topic is not about an egoistic's bondage, Kaam.

You wrote "Parmatma (supreme essence) - God does not have lust. Because lust is a property of maya, . . ."

Are you sure you know that God does not know? What is lust?

Quote " . . . as we are born of maya . . ."

Are we not born of God? Is Maya something else than God?

-----

Quote (the last sentence of your post) "Guru Nanak described the grist jeevan of a Sikh - Married household that which is celibacy, so get married and live GurSikhi together."

Please provide a reference. I will be grateful.

Surprise. Guru Naanak Dev Jee is telling me something different.

ਸਾਹਾ ਸੰਜੋਗੁ ਵੀਆਹੁ ਵਿਜੋਗੁ ॥

साहा संजोगु वीआहु विजोगु ॥

Saahaa sanjogu veeaahu vijogu.

Saahaa is the union. Marriage is the separation. SGGS Ang 152

Commenting on 'God has lust. Lust is also Godly',

Laalsingh Jee wrote "Line is a nice dialogue for modern dera sadhs like Sacha Sauda and Ashutosh to say to young chelis before inviting them to bed."

They are also born with the same Godly lust. I pray you too. Only Naam Simariaa recognizes Truth.

Laalsingh Jee, did God never invite you for His Sej? All accepted and invited are Suhaagans.

Balbir Singh

Edited by Balbir Singh

Balbir Singh, I think it would be good for you to define Kaam, as the above posters obviously seem to have a very narrow definition/understanding of it. My understanding is that Kaam is a lust, a term far broader than the sexual connotation being used above. One can lust, or have an intense longing/need/addiction for many things... in this way, can one lust for God....?

Let me ask you a question:

Is Prem, Ishque and Kaam one and them, or at least inter-related? Is there Gurbani references you can provide to verify?

The suhaagan concept is shared with some Sufi groups, who non-coincidentally, we also take the very beautiful and sensual raag Suhi from. This raag generates the emotion of romance. No wonder it is used for the sacred Laavan, whereby the ultimate romance is explained, Parmatma and his devotees.

On a smiliar note, I recall hearing a sakhi about Bhagat Dhanna Jatt.

He was said to have utilised 'hankaar' to meet Parmata, the difference was, that he used 'shud' hankaar. When he heard how Namdev, Kabir, Ravidas, men of low caste, had all become one with the Creator, he grew hankari and commented "if these neech jaath vale can become bhagats, then why can't this Jatt". From this understanding, he was said to have given himself the self-belief needed to undertake his bhagti.

It's very important to note, that something only becomes shud i.e. hankaar, possible kaam, when it will bring you closer to the infinite.

Food for thought.

Edited by shaheediyan

Dear all and Shaheediyan Jee!

God's creation is the result of His Love. Lust is His active force.

Individual's Kaam is ego's ignorance.

Truth is. Behind an individual's activities Godly force is active.

Please listen. Gurdev is singing.

ਹਰਿ ਆਪੇ ਮਾਤਾ ਆਪੇ ਪਿਤਾ ਜਿਨਿ ਜੀਉ ਉਪਾਇ ਜਗਤੁ ਦਿਖਾਇਆ ॥

हरि आपे माता आपे पिता जिनि जीउ उपाइ जगतु दिखाइआ ॥

Hari aape maataa aape pitaa jini jeeo upaai jagatu dikhaaiaa. SGGS Ang 921

Quote " . . .something only becomes shud i.e. hankaar, possible kaam, when it will bring you closer to the infinite."

Pure ego is perfect ego. Ego never brings one closer to the infinite.

Did Gurdev ever talk about Dhanna's shud hankaar?

Sarbatdapala Jee!

Please provide one reference of that you wrote "Guru Nanak described the grist jeevan of a Sikh - Married household that which is celibacy, so get married and live GurSikhi together" and oblige.

Balbir Singh

Pray truth for all and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all and Sarbatdapala Jee!

You used the name of the reverend Guru, Guru Naanak for your statement. Why?

Now you are referring Bhai Gurdaas Jee that also with wrong translations. Why?

'eaekaa naaree jathee hoe' means one female got celibacy (abstaining from sexual relations).

'eaekaa naaree jathee hoe' does not mean 'Having one women as wife he (the Sikh) is a celibate' as you have mentioned.

Balbir Singh

Lust or Kaam- It is physical need. It is obstacle in our spirtual development and must be kept in check. It is byproduct of our ego. Kaam is wanting sexual pleasure. It is selfish and for own physical needs. There is no longing to unite with beloved. You can satisfy kaam by mastrubating or hiring a hooker. There may be some point where Kaam and Love overlaps. But uniting of Souls with Husband Lord has nothing to do with Kaam. Rather Kaam must be get rid of to be one with Lord.

ਸਬਦਿ ਰਤੇ ਸੇ ਨਿਰਮਲੇ ਤਜਿ ਕਾਮ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ ॥Those who are attuned to the Shabad are spotless and pure; they renounce sexual desire, anger, selfishness and conceit.

Love or Ishque- It is longing to unite with beloved. Souls are brides looking for invitation from Husband Lord to unite with Him. Words like 'one night', 'bed', 'enjoy the bride' are used. It does not mean souls are looking for sexual relationship with Lord.

Look at similarity between souls looking to meet Lord and bride looking forward to the night when she meets her husband, whom she has never saw (same can be said of soul). Only other people had tried to explain Him. Bride and soul both think their present home is temporary and real home is with Husband or Lord (in rural Punjab of those times). Similar longing can be found in chatrik looking for rain drop, kid wanting kheer, bumble bee going for fragnace, deer going for hunter's bell, fish for water, chakvi for sun, cocoo for mango tree etc. Satguru says,

ਚਕਵੀ ਸੂਰ ਸਨੇਹੁ ਚਿਤਵੈ ਆਸ ਘਣੀ ਕਦਿ ਦਿਨੀਅਰੁ ਦੇਖੀਐ ॥The chakvi bird is in love with the sun, and thinks of it constantly; her greatest longing is to behold the dawn.

There could be physical aspect in this longing by Chakvi, but common in all these examples given by Guru Saheban and Bhagats is 'longing for beloved'. In the same Shabad,

ਨਿਸਿ ਕੁਰੰਕ ਜੈਸੇ ਨਾਦ ਸੁਣਿ ਸ੍ਰਵਣੀ ਹੀਉ ਡਿਵੈ ਮਨ ਐਸੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਕੀਜੈ ॥Like the deer in the night, who hears the sound of the bell and gives his heart - O my mind, love the Lord in this way.

Dear all and Laalsingh Jee!

One rises above the ego's need with true Naam Simran. Ego has never won Kaam, Krodh, Ahankaar.

It is true Naam or Sabad that makes one nirmal and Kaam, Krodh, Ahankaar leave. That is what Gurdev is singing.

Please ponder.

ਸਬਦਿ ਰਤੇ ਸੇ ਨਿਰਮਲੇ ਤਜਿ ਕਾਮ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੁ ॥

सबदि रते से निरमले तजि काम क्रोधु अहंकारु ॥

Sabadi rate se nirmale taji kaam krodhu ahankaaru. SGGS Ang 58

Balbir Singh