Denda De Lenda Thak Paahe

WJKK WJKF

Veer Bhupinder Singh ji (thelivingtreasure.com) came to Calgary for a day and gave a katha/lecture and touched various topics like nasha.. tension.. composition of SGGSJ etc etc

overall it was good. i would say he is a brilliant orator and the way to interpret bani is quite "modern".

in that "modern" interpretation he interpreted the line from Japuji sahib "denda de lenda thak paahe" as:

the Giver keeps giving all the daata (of bhakti, intellectualism, naam ras, satbuddhi, goodness, etc etc) always, as soon as the person gets it (only when he knows how to get it) then his mind becomes settled down (that means all tension gone, he becomes blissful)

so according to Veer ji, he said thak paahe means "settled down".

he said in all the kathas and teekas he has seen it as thak paahe = get tired

Babaji keeps giving so much that we get tired.. this makes no sense because we never get tired .. trishna never does.

so in essence he kept saying Gurbani khud khojo.. u will get new meanings.. old meannings does not mean they r right..

if with old meanings u get 50% elevated in avastha.. and with new meaning u get 60% so that concludes new meanings are better.

i need ure opinion sangat..

i had conversation with him too at the end of session.. which i will tell in next topic.

wht i feel is that the arth by Bhupinder singh for thak paahe is correct.

but i checked mahan kosh, maskeen ji katha, thakur singh katha.. everyone says that manukh daatan lende lende thak jaunda hai.. but seriously trishna kitthe thakdi hai? till last breath human always keeps on asking/hoping more and more!!

so..isnt this a point to ask any good kathavachak (baba hari singh, bhai pinderpal singhji, gyani thakur singh) and let him know this alternative (better) meaning.

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all and Curious_man Jee!

God gives everyone everything. Still, all seem to be on a move restlessly to get more. They are not settled down.

Sidh, Saadik and all search for Naam. They get tired concentrating on this search.

They are not settled by regularly thinking on their desire to receive Naam.

Please listen. Gurdev is singing.

ਸਿਧ ਸਾਧਿਕ ਨਾਵੈ ਨੋ ਸਭਿ ਖੋਜਦੇ ਥਕਿ ਰਹੇ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇ ॥

सिध साधिक नावै नो सभि खोजदे थकि रहे लिव लाइ ॥

Sidh saadhik naavai no sabhi khojde Thaki rahe liv laai. SGGS 650

Balbir Singh

• 9 years later...