Disruption At Us Gurdwara

Found this link on ss.com. Happend only yesterday (27 Aug)

Jathedar of Akal Takht being prevented from making a speech in a New Jersey temple - by none other than Sikhs!

As per sikh maryada around the world shouting, fighting starts and police are called to attend.

What utter pillocks, the lot of them.

So the pot bellied sardar problem is not just a UK phenomena....hhhmmm. They just seemed to be shoving each other around like in a playground.

Those coppers are clearly thinking WTF is up with these people at the end.

I say send these sikhs to lapdancing clubs and learn a thing or two from these strippers.

I have a lot more respect for these ladies of the night than the sikhs we see!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11113417

Ohio strippers stage picket outside church services

Several Ohio strippers are protesting outside a church whose members want to put their strip club out of business.

The bikini-clad dancers are picketing a congregation that has photographed customers' number plates and asked if their wives know where they are.

The Fox Hole club's owner has told the pastor he will call off his protest if the church ceases its demonstrations.

But the pastor has refused, saying, "as a Christian community, we cannot share territory with the devil".

"Light and darkness cannot exist together," Pastor Bill Dunfee told the Associated Press news agency, "so the Fox Hole has got to go."

The strippers have been sitting in deckchairs outside New Beginnings Ministries church in Warsaw, Ohio, during Sunday services.

Some hold signs bearing Christian messages such as "Jesus loves the children of the world" and citing Bible verses.

The strip club is about nine miles (14.5km) from the church.

"Everybody has sinned, and that doesn't mean I'm not going to get into heaven," Fox Hole stripper Laura Meske, 42, told AP.

"I believe in Jesus. I don't believe what they preach. They preach hate."

The confrontations between the two camps have reportedly been largely friendly, with Mr Dunfee and congregants greeting and chatting to the strippers outside the church.

If the taleban saw the state of these 'Sikh warriors' today I get the feeling they'd be mooting themselves laughing.

It's scary in a way.

The other day I went out and on a local busy high street for some shopping - I saw a bunch of sullay (asian as well as black converts) aggressively doing their parchaar and giving away free literature, plenty of young sullay (male and female) were responding positively by taking it. Believe it or not, Hindus were also at it (white converts) giving away copies of Upanishads (should of grabbed a copy just to check it out). In previous weeks I saw Christians singing with placards say 'God doesn't hate unbelievers'.

I guess we are still at that stage where we are straightening out our own internal vichaar which has recently improved tenfold, mainly through parchaaraks adopting more modernist approaches like DDT's Giani Thakur Singh ji and the Harkowale Sant Baba.

But that typical Panjabi pendu stuff as seen in the video. I mean, how would any young person who witnesses/grows up around that stuff, not end up thinking that the quom is made up of a bunch of short fused, brainless, disunited pendus? Who need to exercise more as well.

And the problems are deep. I know a good few people who have expressed a belief that the Akal Takhat Jathedars today are nothing but puppets of Badal's political aspirations. There seems to be an aura of contempt in that a belief that corrupt political forces have taken over the Sikh institutes exists. I am wondering if this related to the reception of the jathedar?

Edited by dalsingh101

I also believe that the jathedar isn't truely independent from Badal, SGPC paymasters, Indian Govt even.

But these people should have some INSANIYAT (humanity) and commonsense. Others people deserve at least some respect. Lets not even start about the behaviour in front of SGGS.... living guru??? What a laugh! Looking a sikhs behaviour these days its More a text book and money making machine!

I vagualy recall a piece from a katha years ago. Cant remember the story but conclusion was Basically respect and honour isn't given to the person/sant but the the rank/chola that he wears and what it stands for.

Maybe soon the guru will send Aurangzeb, Indra Gandhi, Durrani et al back to teach the SIkhs a lesson and put them on the straight and narrow.

The other day I went out and on a local busy high street for some shopping - I saw a bunch of sullay (asian as well as black converts) aggressively doing their parchaar and giving away free literature, plenty of young sullay (male and female) were responding positively by taking it. Believe it or not, Hindus were also at it (white converts) giving away copies of Upanishads (should of grabbed a copy just to check it out). In previous weeks I saw Christians singing with placards say 'God doesn't hate unbelievers'.

dalsinghji, i saw in wolverhampton town centre muslims doing the same parchaar thing. after seeing this, i asked a few sikhs, why dont we do the same but start off in Sikh majority areas, like Blakenhall etc, so we are targeting Sikhs, more than non-Sikhs to begin with. They all shit themselves.

dalsinghji, i saw in wolverhampton town centre muslims doing the same parchaar thing. after seeing this, i asked a few sikhs, why dont we do the same but start off in Sikh majority areas, like Blakenhall etc, so we are targeting Sikhs, more than non-Sikhs to begin with. They all shit themselves.

DId they give you the standard blurb that we don't seek converts?

I think the follow on from this is what do we tell people about sikhi. apart from the usual 10 gurus; we dont convert; 5 ks; look at out contribution in ww1/2 (so we have the right to ride bike sans helmet or go through airports without checks); we veggies, no meat samosas; all are equal (but some more than others) etc etc.

there is not high quality RELEVANT literature to give out.

You mention targeting sikhs: this brings another thing about us. I rememeber being at Nihang Nidaar singhs Waterstones book signing event last yr. A few singhs were dishing out leaflets in the shoping centres. I noticed quite a few apney who would coyly walk away in the opposite direction from the guys when they noticed that they were giving sheets of paper out. SOme wouldn't even take the promo leaflets.

We are jumping ahead of ourselves. Touching on what Jattboot mentions, have we even got quality literature that resonates with Johnny Average Sikh/Singh? I don't think so.

When I saw what the sullay had, they had leaflets stuff like 'Al Shirk and Kuffars' - 'Oil and politics' etc. I know many of those guys were ex-cons too. They weren't pussies. If they hadn't converted, some of them are very likely to have been out there mugging someone or doing robberies rather than doing parchaar.

Have we ever managed to progress from the free 'Sikhism - A modren way of life' type literature. With spelling mistakes and questionable theology? I mean I grew up on Sikh Missionary Society books as a kid, we haven't even updated that stuff.

I personally feel I am only just beginning to discover Sikhi myself after years and years of studying it from a historical perspective. Asides from struggling to adhere personally, I think to myself, how would you 'jorh' our people to this beautiful but essentially hard disciplined and austere way of life that seems the polar opposite to the pervasive majority (western) principles of instant satiation and pleasure seeking?

I have (no word of a lie) 10 mosques/madrasas (at the very least) within a 10 minute walk from where I'm staying. They are all frequently packed at all times of day. Some cater to specific quoms like Arabs, Bengalis, Somalis etc. Some are mixed. I think having a feeling of being besieged by the west helps with Muslim cohesion to an extent as there is a real common enemy one can encounter everyday in the newspapers and streets. And there is that other factor of goray going after oil, and having gone very low about it, giving sullay the moral high ground in a way. Exactly what some of us warned would happen when these chittay bewakoofs made up their bullshit excuses to start certain wars.

You know these goray, through their stupidity and greed, have united sullay in a way that no parchaar could have ever done in a hundred years.

But back to our lot. What can be done about the standard type of mindset as demonstrated in the video? And what good is anything that we can give out (as literature), when it will be plain to see, that the community clearly doesn't even attempt to try and live up to the ideals on a deeper level?

Edited by dalsingh101

These were hooligans of Darshan Ragi gang who wanted to disturb speech of akal takhat jathedar

out of revenge.When they did not listen to requests of sangat for behaving themselves they were

given sound thrashing.

http://punjabiwriterweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=879:2010-08-29-05-48-39&catid=6:latest-news

English Translation

Darshan Ragi supporters beaten by sangat when they came to

disrupt meeting of Jathedar of akal Takhat.

Many of them fled leaving shoes behind.

August 29, 2010 ( By harvinder Riar)

Premier Gurudwara of New york, Richmond Hill society, wherein Ragi darshan supporters were dominant for sometime a new committee has taken over the reins.They decided from the outset that

maryada of akal takhat will be implemented there.On initiative of president Bhupinder Singh Boparai, vice president Gurdev Singh Kang and election incharge Harbans singh Dhillon Akal Takhat jathedar Giani Gurbachan Singh, Patna sahib jathedar Giani Iqbal Singh and secretary of Delhi Gurudwara committee Bhajan singh walia were called to attend evening diwan at Gurudwara sahib.Two dozen supporters of Ragi darshan collected from four to five states converged on Gurudwara sahib. Reliable sources reveal that they were being led by a former secretary of this Gurudwara.Sangat had very low opinion about this secretary because of his earlier activities especially disrespect to akal takhat and upgraded Nanakshahi calender.When singh sahib started addressing sangat these notorious elements started creating disruption of his speech.When stopped by management committee from such disruptive activites they started grappling with sangat.On this sangat started thrashing these mischief mongers and they fled the scene leaving behind their shoes.Police had arrived in gurudwara sahib , wrote names of some people and that report is yet to be received.

After this, Jathedar sahib addressed sangat.He said our personal weaknesses are taking us away from religion.Sangat need to create sehaj in them by following Gurbani.We need to take teachings of our Gurus to others by inculcating humility in us.Giani Iqbal singh said that to challenge Takhats created by our Guru sahib is an unfortunate activity.WE need to undrestand vastness of teachings of our Gurus by remaining loyal to our religion.Bhajan singh Walia said that while living in these countries we need to learn discipline prevailing here.None of Darshan ragi supporters were to be seen near the scene after they left.

Edited by singh2

And the problems are deep. I know a good few people who have expressed a belief that the Akal Takhat Jathedars today are nothing but puppets of Badal's political aspirations. There seems to be an aura of contempt in that a belief that corrupt political forces have taken over the Sikh institutes exists. I am wondering if this related to the reception of the jathedar?

They have taken the correct decision in sending a lackey of congress/ agencies, ragi darshan, out of panth.

When they take such a bold decision they will have a few adversaries. The agitators were that lot.Such people

have no ethics and no religion to follow.