Free English Steek On Japji Sahib

shaheediyan

Beautifully written (highly detailed in terms of arth and knowledge/roots of words etc) by the highly intelligent Giani Rajinder Singh Gill (student of Prof Sahib Singh).

I have acquired a limited number of Hardbacks from Baba Ji and have told them I will share them amongst sangat.

Anyone interested, please PM. I only ask for postage to be covered - otherwise any sangat is welcome to collect from me in South London.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Wahegurujikakhalsawahegurujikifateh

Just wanted to add my thoughts on this Steek which I received about a month ago and have slowly been making my way through it.

I've found the Steek very useful. I particularly like the approach Bhai Sahib Bhai Rajinder Singh Gill has taken in breaking down each word/words/line/pauri and translating these individually while providing additional commentary to expand on certain gurmat principles. This really helps in providing a deeper understanding of the meanings of Sri Japji Sahib Ji. It also helps develop your vocabulary.

Following each pauri Bhai Sahib conducts a further analysis of the pauri as a whole in which the main points being addressed are summarised with bullet points. Throughout the Steek Bhai Sahib elucidates concepts such as Sehaj, Naam, Bhramgyan, Vairaag, Liv-avastha, Anahad Shabad etc.

The Steek as you'd expect from a student of Professor Sahib Singh Ji is heavily based on Vyakaran. To gain a better understanding of grammar you would need to read either Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji's book or Professor Sahib Singh Ji's Gurbani Vyakaran the steek does however highlight a few basic aspects of gurbani grammar.

I strongly feel that everyone would benefit from the steek and as such Bhai Sahib should be thanked for this beautiful seva he has undertaken. Also Veer shaheediya needs to be thanked for distributing this beautiful steek.

Wahegurujikakhalsawahegurujikifateh

I couldn't send you a PM, looks like your inbox is full?

Still have some copies left?

Edited by dalsingh101

• 1 month later...

Shaheediyan kindly sent me this teeka (for which thanks) and asked for a review. So.....

Prof. Sahib Singh's work was something I was largely unaware of until very recently. When it came into my life, it came suddenly and continues to have a profound effect on my understanding of Gurbani, especially Jap Ji Sahib. Originally I knew of Prof. Singh as the man behind decoding some of the grammar rules in Gurbani, but his work is much more than that in my eyes.

Prior to receiving the teeka I had encountered the professor's work in the form of an ongoing translation by an New York based sister (which you can find on the forum), so it was more than intriguing to receive a work from a man who was an actual student of the Sahib Singh himself.

The teeka is of immense value and helps one grasp the holistic meanings of lines of Japji Sahib, it also provides summaries after each pauri reflecting on the main thrust of what has been covered. This work, coupled with the translation of Teji Kaur, have definitely helped me to understand the gem that is Japji Sahib better and is helping to bring coherence to my understanding of the bani as a whole and the nature of the pauris. I don't doubt this is a composition that will endure a lifelong exploration and continue to bring new insights and understandings.

Now I clearly grasp what people mean when they say the complete ideological worldview of Sikhi is contained in Jap Ji Sahib.

If I could ask a question of Rajinder Singh Gill (author of the teeka), it would be whether he has formed any opinion contrary to that of his great teacher in the interpretation of the bani, in all the subsequent years of analysing Jap Ji Sahib. What were these differences of opinions, if indeed any have occurred?

How does Rajinder Singh interpret the 5 khands?

Haven't got that far yet.

Is'nt the Professor Sahib Singh Teeka a Singh Sabha response to the Nirmalas Fareedkot tika?

Don't know?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I am based in India ..if you can tell me what the postage charges would be great.Thank you for this sewa.

Beautifully written (highly detailed in terms of arth and knowledge/roots of words etc) by the highly intelligent Giani Rajinder Singh Gill (student of Prof Sahib Singh).

I have acquired a limited number of Hardbacks from Baba Ji and have told them I will share them amongst sangat.

Anyone interested, please PM. I only ask for postage to be covered - otherwise any sangat is welcome to collect from me in South London.

Thanks.