The Jhatka Conference In 1937

good answer, followed by a snide remark, unbreakable ji?

speaking from personal experience only, i was non-veg for 17 years, during which i felt myself grow spiritually, but in the last 3 years since i took amrit, i havent eaten meat, but have definitely not felt or noticed any spiritual advance ment at all.

what i have noticed since taking amrit is the change physically, in that my weight has gone from about 85kg to 70kg, and since avoiding meat in my diet, i have probably every day felt hungry. I definitely am weaker physically.

maybe your doing something wrong. Saying you have not gained anything spiritually, means you are expecting something. I think thats the wrong approach, maybe I am wrong.

I don't make snide remarks, it was a reply. If your spirituallity has not advanced since you left meat, where was it when you were eating meat? and if it was better, then start eating meat then.....simples.

snide remarks..lol

maybe your doing something wrong. Saying you have not gained anything spiritually, means you are expecting something. I think thats the wrong approach, maybe I am wrong.

what i meant was that someone wrote that nonveg diet restricts or neutralises any spiritual advancement. I from personal experience beleive that to be untrue.

what i meant was that someone wrote that nonveg diet restricts or neutralises any spiritual advancement. I from personal experience beleive that to be untrue.

I think the 3HO crew say that a veggie diet is a must, infact, nearly all Yogis say that meat is bad for spiritual advancement.

To be honest, I don't know, so I can't comment.

When I connect, this will be the first place where I will share my experience in great detail.

this is all in the pysche..if u have the guilt of eating flesh killed for your diet then you might face this, otherwise i dont think it would have any obstructions

I agree, it is all in the MIND after all. one whack and you forget everything, including God....

• 4 months later...

is this true? :mellow:

http://www.nihangsin...g/blog/?paged=9

Some may think that Kartar Singh Jhabbar advocated jhatka amongst the Sikhs because he had some connection to the Akaali Nihangs, but this could not be further from the truth. It was under the leadership of Kartar Singh Jhabbar in 1920 that a few hundred members of the SGPC went to Akaal Takht and physically removed the traditional custodians of the Takht Sahib, the Akaali Nihangs as well as breaking the arm of the elder Jathedar of Budha Dal, Akaali Baba Sahib Singh Ji Kaladhari.

So Kartar Singh Jhabbar and the SGPC/Singh Sabha were not trying to appease any particular group of Sikhs, but were trying to preserve historical Panthic traditions.

Edited by londondajatt

singho, one thing needs to be given a thought, the nihang claim that they were the custodians and the singh sabhia threw them out, i too am of puratan ideology but disagree with the nihang claim.

the panth was rotting in the hands of the mahants like narain das, the singh sabha movement although had some negative did a great work of uniting the panth.

with my visits to hazur sahib i have learnt that the truth is the nihang loves his cannabis and chatanga and is happy as long as he has it. the way they behave, i dont say all nihangs but many of them...living on free food and getting high is all that they want. the panth faced so many challenges the nihangs had little role in facing those challanges. where on earth would you find respect for such people.

again, i have respect for the nihangs of today many of whom are in the UK and are doing great seva and parchaar. but giving a thought to the behavior not all would have respect .

singho, one thing needs to be given a thought, the nihang claim that they were the custodians and the singh sabhia threw them out, i too am of puratan ideology but disagree with the nihang claim.

the panth was rotting in the hands of the mahants like narain das, the singh sabha movement although had some negative did a great work of uniting the panth.

I agree with this as well. This was a question I asked the bastion of "puratan-ness" Nihang Niddar Singh, about why the Nihangs failed to take action on Mahants who were raping devotees?

what do you think he said?

And as for getting thrown out of Sri Akal Bunga, Im a little perplexed as to how shastar-dhari soorme goit thrown out by some Sikhs, with a gathering of "low-castes" behind them, most of whom had never handled a sword in their lifes.

Still as with Jaikara, I still respect the Nihang Samprdaye, probably more than other sampardayes, but I have always felt like they shouldnt be afraid to come out and say that we made mistakes in our past. Acting like they have never done anything wrong just makes it worse.

You know in South Africa how they had a truth and reconciliation conference a few years ago? Thats probably what we need in Panjab for all the Sikhs and samprdayes to get together and discuss ours and others thoughts as to what happened in our past.

You know in South Africa how they had a truth and reconciliation conference a few years ago? Thats probably what we need in Panjab for all the Sikhs and samprdayes to get together and discuss ours and others thoughts as to what happened in our past.

Lakha di gal aakhi aa veer ji ...this should certainly happen

• 4 months later...

I have an excerpt from the book " Punjab, bloodied and Partitioned" about Jhatka, and the Sikhs. There is an interview with a muslim guy, Prof Mo Sahrif Kunjahi from Gujrat, in which he says :

"Communal influence started in Kunjah when a Sikh leader Kharak Singh, in 1927-28 issued a statement that Sikhs should not buy meat from Muslims becasue it was slaughtered according to the Islamic ritual. He performed the opening ceremony of a jhatka meat shop where the animals were killed in one blow. It had a bad impact on communiuty relations."

thoughts?