The Battle For Barking

Excellent documentary. I'm no fan of New Labour but I love the way Singh 'uncle jis' played a part in sending a firm message to the BNP in East London (as part of Margeret Hodge's campaign team). You can also see how tensions heat up on the street level with the very presence of these white supremacist scum.

Hopefully it will open the eyes of certain arse licking Sikhs who cosy up to neo nazis in their terror of sullay. Although I wish you could all watch this, sorry but it is limited to Britain. Only available for a limited time so enjoy and learn while you can!

Laura Fairrie's film records an historic moment in British politics through the microcosm of one east London constituency. Made over the course of a year, the film follows two very different political opponents as they battle towards the 2010 General Election.

Long-standing Labour MP Margaret Hodge is a stalwart of the New Labour establishment. Running against her is Nick Griffin, the British National Party leader. Griffin is a controversial figure, with a conviction for inciting racial hatred, who nonetheless commands considerable support.

As it chronicles the rise and fall of the far-right BNP, it gives a fascinating insight into the inner workings of the 'BNP family' and the working class disillusionment with the Labour party that fuelled the BNP campaign, offering an honest, moving and humorous portrait of a white working class community forced to face the changes brought by new immigrant populations.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-battle-for-barking/4od#3145017

Edited by dalsingh101

• 3 weeks later...

She wasn't being very open about being Jewish when she was in the Mosque giving a speech. She also said the BNP would like to "drop you from planes into the sea" (or words to that effect) when addressing people in the Mosque (or was it the African people in the Church?).

It isn't just the perceived economic issue (jobs, being given priority for housing) of immigrants changing what was once a completely white area, but a lot of politically correct people out there ignore the language and cultural issues.

Would our relatives or forefathers in Panjab be happy if the pinds were swamped with immigrants who have arrived from completely different cultures, speaking their native languages etc? I doubt it.

I think immigration ideally should be very gradual over a long period of time for it to work well, otherwise the balance of things changes too soon which makes people feel uneasy.

Firstly I hope you are not validating the BNP, albeit indirectly. British people were majorly responsible for uprooting many communities and causing complete havoc in foreign lands with their policies. Now karma comes back and gives them a light taste (and mean really light here), of what they have been doing for the last few centuries and some of them are up in arms about it! They can sod off and deal with it. They have no sympathy from me. Lets see how they would feel if what happened to the Sikh kingdom because of the British 'annexation', happens to them.

Would our relatives or forefathers in Panjab be happy if the pinds were swamped with immigrants who have arrived from completely different cultures, speaking their native languages etc? I doubt it.

Well seeing as so many are running around trying to entice bhaiyas to work on their farms, they'd better learn to treat them respectfully. Aren't you just condoning people behaving like narrow minded jerks? In any case, seeing as so many of our own idiot people have turned into spoilt brat smack heads in the pinds, I think it's great that hardworking outsiders have come in. Just like us coming here in Britain in contrast to the frequently work and academia shy, constantly moaning white working class here.

And any apnay acting ignorant about immigrants back home can sod off too, seeing as so many of our own people are immigrants across the globe. The hypocrisy.

Edited by dalsingh101

'We' or 'they' are not responsible for the actions of our ancestors, be them good or bad. So the British of today do not deserve this typical 'goreyan ki esi ki thesi' attitude which still common amongst our folk. Same way we don't deserve any respect for the heroism or bravery of our ancestors. Everyman should be judged solely on his actions.

Singhmunda - everwonder how the UK Sikh population reached 0.5 million? I'll give you a clue - it wasn't a gradual allowance. In fact some people fell to the depths of marrying their own brothers and sisters (Anand Kharaj) in order to get them into the UK. Introspect before you judge others. Everyone wants and is entitled to a better life. Human migration is the reason we have the wonderful variety of cultures and faces around the world today.

Ancestory of our parents a few millenia ago isn't exactly 'Indian' is it?

Edited by shaheediyan

'We' or 'they' are not responsible for the actions of our ancestors, be them good or bad. So the British of today do not deserve this typical 'goreyan ki esi ki thesi' attitude which still common amongst our folk. Same way we don't deserve any respect for the heroism or bravery of our ancestors. Everyman should be judged solely on his actions.

I don't agree with you at all. The shadow of that evil imperial mindset still lurks around in too many of these people. With the higher classes it's the desire to control and manipulate foreign nonwhite nations and their resources. Thankfully their most recent attempts at that have gone pear shaped i.e. Iraq.

In the wasp working class it manifests as the usual anti immigrant racist attitude, open as well as surreptitious.

Sure, not all of them are like that but to ignore these things as factors that effect some of their behaviour and not recognise that it can and DOES have seriously negative consequences for those on the receiving end is plain living in denial or naivety.

Plus I believe in karma, and I mean the corporate variety, when God teaches a nation valuable lessons.

Edited by dalsingh101

Singh - the attitudes you talk about are prevailent in every nation, more importantly, in every man. I am sure you have read a little world history - every continent and nation on this Earth has had a go so to say. At present, its not the wasps you should be worrying about, but the Chinese, and even then - the large % couldn't give a rats about anything else than securing one simple meal for their family everyday.

Edited by shaheediyan

Singh - the attitudes you talk about are prevailent in every nation, more importantly, in every man.

I can't agree Singh. Some races/people just ain't got it in them. I don't think Australian aboriginals would ever have tried a global takeover like wasps and others. It takes a certain type of mentality to plan and commit to that kind of stuff, and not everyone has the required 'qualities' for such cold scheming and calculation etc. Plus the will to enforce at the cost of so much blood. No sir.

I am sure you have read a little world history - every continent and nation on this Earth has had a go so to say. At present, its not the wasps you should be worrying about, but the Chinese, and even then - the large % couldn't give a rats about anything else than securing one simple for their family everyday.

The Chinese aren't getting ugly in Africa right now are they? I've met loads of Africans telling me how they are helping there. They aren't enslaving them there are they, or running off with resources and interfering with governments? Sure they treat their own like crap and are seriously autocratic, but it has worked for them.

Anyway, if ALL of the Chinese students I have ever met/taught are anything to go by, I would welcome more of that nations influence on the globe. Better than Johnny Anglo and his nefarious ways.

Edited by dalsingh101

"I can't agree Singh. Some races/people just ain't got it in them."

Then sadly, you are missing the core realisation that Jap Ji Sahib should be awakening in us. It is talking about 'man', not 'white man'.

The Chinese are raping all the nations of the worlds resources - esp Africa and Asia - they are clever - they are playing a different game - there is nothing to say they won't flex their muscle if need be in the future. When we talk of nations, we talk of those people in power, the paapi powerful minority, not the people 'hence' your good experience of chinese students being totally irrelevant as well as your generalist attack on white mindsets.

The Romans, the Egyptions, Mongols (religion of the Blue Moon), USSR, hell even the Indians (Ashokas time) had no issues with world domination (as far as was in their power).

Your ascertation of tribal cultures is incorrect IMO - be it S-Americans (Mayans etc), North American Indians, Maoris, Papuans, Australian Aboriginies etc etc - the culture has always been survival of the strongest - with regular war with neighbours being natures population control. What happened to many tribal cultures is very sad, but in a cruel way, it's just a natural albeit advanced/supercharged extension of what was already occuring.

Edited by shaheediyan