Can A Sikh Do Namaz?

12 hours ago, samurai2 said:

@Soulfindernice findings.

@dalsingh101.. you have normally questioned sants bachans. So why all of a sudden you 'liking shit?'

Like without asking book reference questions?..what the deal man? 

This sant was a friend of my grandpa - so I guess I feel a more personal family connection to them? So maybe that is why I'm extra intrigued about them? 

About the question of :  Can A Sikh Do Namaz?

ਜਪਿ ਏਕੁ ਅਲਖ ਅਪਾਰ ਪੂਰਨ ਤਿਸੁ ਬਿਨਾ ਨਹੀ ਕੋਈ

Jap Eaek Alakh Apaar Pooran This Binaa Nehee Koee ||

Meditate on the One, Unseen, Infinite, Perfect Lord; there is no other than Him.

* In the verse above,  Guru Jee tells us to only meditate  on the one and only Lord Alakh Purukh/Akal Purukh/Waheguru.

ਭਾਇ ਭਗਤਿ ਸੁਭਾਇ ਹਰਿ ਜਪਿ ਆਪਣੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਾਵਾ

Bhaae Bhagath Subhaae Har Jap Aapanae Prabh Bhaavaa ||

With loving devotional worship, I meditate intuitively on the Lord, and my God is pleased.

*And in this verse above, we come to understand, that whatever type of devotion we perform, it is done not for pleasing ourselves, nor the society,  but , for the only purpose of pleasing our beloved Waheguru, for by doing the devotional worship of meditating on Him,  as seen above in the words of Fifth Patshahee, it is then only,  when  He is pleased.

So no need for any other practices or namaaz, for in the devotional meditation on Him, we get there where He is, right within us . Any other practice  apart of meditating on Him keeps us outside and away from him, howsoever popular and historical could those practices be.

Bhakti as per Guru Sahiban in the verse below, is the only bhakti we ought to do.

ਬਿਨਵੰਤਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਦ੍ਰਿੜਾਇਆ ਸਦਾ ਭਜੁ ਜਗਦੀਸਰੈ 

Binavanth Naanak Sathigur Dhrirraaeiaa Sadhaa Bhaj Jagadheesarai 

Prays Nanak, the True Guru has taught me this, to vibrate and meditate forever on the Lord of the Universe.

SSA