Brown People's Inferiority Complex

dalsingh101

I mean just how low can you get?

Maybe we we need a 'pro brown' movement like African-Americans had a while ago to instill some damn confidence in brown people about themselves? First target should be stupid bhangra songs going on about 'gora gora rang'. Damn salay!

Dal singh

Its a fact that we indians are crazy about fair skin.just look at Katrina Kaif and kareena kapoor,From what angle they look like Indian.Forget about North India even south Indians love fair skins .majority of their heroines don't look like south Indian Girls ,either they are from North India or from High caste fair skinned Girls.Almost every Indian male fantacise a fair skin girl.

What I'd like to ask is, are there not dark skinned people who are highly attractive?

We need a whole movement to reverse the brain shaft that our 'Asian' culture achieves that embeds the idea that white is better. African Americans seemed to have twigged onto the subtle mechanisms involved in this process. I remember the first thing they did was manufacture black dolls for black children.

People need to talk about this more for a start.

What I'd like to ask is, are there not dark skinned people who are highly attractive?

We need a whole movement to reverse the brain shaft that our 'Asian' culture achieves that embeds the idea that white is better. African Americans seemed to have twigged onto the subtle mechanisms involved in this process. I remember the first thing they did was manufacture black dolls for black children.

People need to talk about this more for a start.

Comparision with black people is not O.K..In India we have so much diversity in same family you find one sister fair skinned while the other Dark.Fair skin Girl receive compliments from Childhood while Dark skinned just receive advices that how if she put this or that her color could improve.This was not the case with Blacks as they all are of same color

Comparision with black people is not O.K..In India we have so much diversity in same family you find one sister fair skinned while the other Dark.Fair skin Girl receive compliments from Childhood while Dark skinned just receive advices that how if she put this or that her color could improve.This was not the case with Blacks as they all are of same color

I can forgive you for thinking that as probably haven't lived outside of India much, if at all.

But just so you know, the variation of colour in black families can be as diverse as the Indian you mention, if not more. In fact most West Indian 'blacks' are infact a mixture of white, African and Indian blood. Even in Africa you have serious variation in tone between tribes and families.

One thing you have to give to the African-Americans is that they have turned things so that their black identity is something they are generally proud of and celebrate. Heck, even people who are more lighter skinned than the fairest Indian are proud to call themselves 'black' in the states. I'm not saying this community doesn't have its own problems, but this area is one they seemed to have nailed a lot better than 'brown' people?

I can forgive you for thinking that as probably haven't lived outside of India much, if at all.

But just so you know, the variation of colour in black families can be as diverse as the Indian you mention, if not more. In fact most West Indian 'blacks' are infact a mixture of white, African and Indian blood. Even in Africa you have serious variation in tone between tribes and families.

One thing you have to give to the African-Americans is that they have turned things so that their black identity is something they are generally proud of and celebrate. Heck, even people who are more lighter skinned than the fairest Indian are proud to call themselves 'black' in the states. I'm not saying this community doesn't have its own problems, but this area is one they seemed to have nailed a lot better than 'brown' people?

I know their is variation but still that variation is not as large as you found in India.I see plenty of cricket and know very well that kenyans are blacks as tawa ,while south africans and zimbawebeans are slightly less blacks and west Indians are least blacks.But on the other hand in India the difference in India is too large.Recently Rajnikant's Film Robot realeased and I read comments on North Indian sites that film should be named Black robot.If you know about famous kapoor family of bollywood ,please tell mehow could they call themselve as browns as Ranbir Kapoor ,Kareena kapoor totally look like a white

I know their is variation but still that variation is not as large as you found in India.I see plenty of cricket and know very well that kenyans are blacks as tawa ,while south africans and zimbawebeans are slightly less blacks and west Indians are least blacks.But on the other hand in India the difference in India is too large.Recently Rajnikant's Film Robot realeased and I read comments on North Indian sites that film should be named Black robot.If you know about famous kapoor family of bollywood ,please tell mehow could they call themselve as browns as Ranbir Kapoor ,Kareena kapoor totally look like a white

You missed the point.

You missed the point.

You said that fairest of blacks proud to call themselve black even if they are not black.May I ask you are you talking about men or women?

The second thing I want to mention is that blacks fought for their rights with whites.May be this the reason that some of fair skinned Blacks love to call themself as blacks

As far as Indians are concerened They can never have such type of movement because almost all indian men deep inside love fair skin.One cannot say that I am proud to be brown ,but when his mother shows him Photo's of Girls then he goes and pick fairest of them and tell her mom that this is One to whom I want to get married.

Also I want to add one point that worked very well in favour of Blacks and that is there dominance in sports.Almost each country is sports crazy and Blacks have shown their dominance in every sport they enetered whther it is basketball ,football ,srint running,boxing etc This has created hyper masculine image of Blacks.On the other hand Browns are worst in sports ,Indians are good in education but still one cannot say that it is impossible to defeat an Indian in the field of education.

LOL

it even turns your hair blonde - 2in1 bargin for the girl who likes to travel light!

Is this obsession with turning white any different from europeans who want to turn darker - and risk skin cancer too!

I see it as simple as 'the ladoo in the others thali looks tastier than your own'. We all desire what we have not got. Its just that the makers of this ad don't seem at all sophisticated enough in thier game.

Is this obsession with turning white any different from europeans who want to turn darker - and risk skin cancer too!

I see it as simple as 'the ladoo in the others thali looks tastier than your own'.

I think you've got it wrong. A lot of Europeans who seriously tan still look down on genuinely brown people as beneath them. They don't have that adulation thing going on. If someone (for instance) said "You look like a Pakistani!" they are unlikely to see it as a compliment.

In contrast tell a white wannabe they look English (for example) and they are likely to gush.

Edited by dalsingh101

LOL this was so funny!!! But it's so true.

Apne have such a bad inferiority complex. An example of this is a distant relative of mine. She is a young girl(24) who was born and bred in Punjab. Then some NRI man from America came to India and married her. She had a light brown skin colour and when she was married she had this beautiful long braided hair. Within a year of coming to America, she cut her braided hair (guth) to her shoulder length. She died her hair blond and started wearing blue contact lenses even though she has brown skin. She even began to try to speak with an American accent very strangely by speaking through her nose. All she accomplished was to be laughed at behind her back. Sadly this type of inferiority complex is very common amongst all South Asian people.

I think you've got it wrong. A lot of Europeans who seriously tan still look down on genuinely brown people as beneath them. They don't have that adulation thing going on. If someone (for instance) said "You look like a Pakistani!" they are unlikely to see it as a compliment.

In contrast tell a white wannabe they look English (for example) and they are likely to gush.

you've got a point there dalsingh.

I tend to have a feeling that this inferiority complex mainly comes from the Indians back home rather than the ones in the west, or at least they make quite obvious to note.

you've got a point there dalsingh.

I tend to have a feeling that this inferiority complex mainly comes from the Indians back home rather than the ones in the west, or at least they make quite obvious to note.

Those who live In Big Indian cities very well know That deep down in upper middle class and rich class there is White in Every Indian.It is not only obsession with skin .It is with everything.You can easily found gang of girls with western clothes chatting in English.parents speaking in english with their small children

Not only this If you speak english and you can't even solve simple maths sums ,you are considered as educated on the other hand if you are not good in English but you are damn good in Maths ,People still consider you as some type of Ganvaar ,pendu.In job market almost every candidate for good job have to go through GD and interveiew which is held in English.Many candidates that very good computer progamming or in their respective fields are booted out for not speaking fluent english in interviews.On the other hand many Girls who wear western clothes do make up and have modern hairstyles make through in companies even if their academic record is terrible

The biggest challenge small town or rural student face in cities is to sharpen their english ,because that is their only way to success.Now is it any wonder that Indians are obsessed with being White or western culture.

Many asian countries have an inferiority complex and some degree of adulation for the race which has the most power. In Japan, one of the most popular surgeries is a cosmetic surgery used to widen the eyes of japanese so they look more ''American''. A friend of mine who travelled in Japan to teach English told me that white people are treated very well there, but non Japanese asians are most definitely not. Same story for a friend of mine who travelled through China. His white friend was fawned over, while he (an Indian) was treated as being far less important.

I think there is very often a strong relationship between how a group of people value each other and how they come to be valued by outsiders.

Indians obviously are somewhere towards the bottom of the barrel in this respect. I mean when a Brit or Yank dies abroad, look at the usual fuss made. Compare that to an Indian reaction.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...