2011 - Happy New Year!

Well folks, it's that time of year when we usually have at least a short glance backwards.

2010 was a strange year for me - full of challenges, even more so than usual. That being said, it was an important and very significant year too in that I finally learned to read some of our main prayers. As someone who was so proud to call themselves a Sikh for so long, it seems very strange that I had never given this the importance it deserves previously. But we live and learn, and grow (if we are lucky to have nadar).

And that is what I hope for 2011. May we all progress and refine ourselves along this brief sojourn and make this short life one that is worthwhile and fight the 'good fight' (yes, I just saw Book of Eli!).

Happy new year to you all!!

I have to add, exchanges I had on this forum have helped me immeasurably in my journey. Thanks for that folks!

Dalsingh are you still looking for Bhai Nand Lals tankhahnama in gurmukhi? I've found it on my computer

Well, I started to try and map the Panjabi text I found in Piara Singh Padam's book with the English translation of MS770 by McLeod but gave up after a while when I realised that whilst sections of the text do indeed overlap, there are sections in the English translation not represented in Padam's text and vice versa.

Where is your text from?

Edited by dalsingh101