Turkey: Tiger Kills Lion At Zoo

kdsingh80

Don't dismiss aesops' fables so lightly, many of his stories were taken from the Hita Updesh or Hitopdesa from India. And there has been proof that some of these stories in a changed garb formed the original persian stories which made up the Arabian Nights. Some of these stories are very ancient and contain wisdom.

Wolves are traditionally associated with the moon and tigers and lions with the Sun. One obvious correspondence is the colour of their furs'. Wolves also howl at the full moon. THe moon is associated on one level with lunacy hence Lunar. There was a police study carried out where they found that violent crimes increased on full moon nights. This is why the wolf is bad. Wolf in itself is not bad but it is a symbol of something unpleasent.

There was a police study carried out where they found that violent crimes increased on full moon nights. This is why the wolf is bad.

Thats quite humurous actuallly. Whereas the full moon is a great sight for superstitious Hindus and also some Muslims, the police must be bricking themselves, thinking how they can cope with the mini-crimewave that occurs every full moon. Did they increase patrols every full moon after this study came out Mekhane Ji?

This is why the wolf is bad. Wolf in itself is not bad but it is a symbol of something unpleasent.

May be another reason is that wolves are bad because harrassed Humans much more by attacking livestock much more than Tiger or lion did.Tigers in India rarely become cattle unless villagers offer them free cattles

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2428567/posts

Wolf attacks on Montana livestock spike in '09

I'm with Chatanga on this. I think the wolf is worthy of respect like the lion and tiger. The Mongol and the Turkic peoples of the steppe honour the wolf. I think it is only in India that the wolf is connected with negativity.

As for the Lion VS tiger debate, we as Sikhs should support the lion. This animal is like our unofficial symbol. Singh means lion, so it represents us.

As for the Lion VS tiger debate, we as Sikhs should support the lion. This animal is like our unofficial symbol. Singh means lion, so it represents us.

No way We have Singhs attached to our names because of several misconception among Indians regarding Lions.Lions as a animal have very bad character.If you will look deep into this subject many Lions just run away from fights and just prefer to roar to scare their competetors On the other hand Tiger are much more brave than lion many times they even attack Elephants and Rhino's alone which an entire pride of Lions hardly do.

Chatanga do you think it is humorous that certain times of day are reccommended for meditation and prayer? The period of Amritvela just before sunrise and also the twilight period before sunset. Why is this period of time suitable for meditation? Just like the time of full moon in the sky it is only the Sun rising in the sky, what difference does it make if we pray at 6am or 1230pm?

Anyway here is the study i reffered to so you don't think im just making things up http://www.astrozero.co.uk/astroscience/petrastappfullmoon.pdf

No way We have Singhs attached to our names because of several misconception among Indians regarding Lions.Lions as a animal have very bad character.If you will look deep into this subject many Lions just run away from fights and just prefer to roar to scare their competetors On the other hand Tiger are much more brave than lion many times they even attack Elephants and Rhino's alone which an entire pride of Lions hardly do.

But when you look at a Singh(male Sikh) who does he resemble more, a Lion or a Tiger? the lion is such a noble and beautiful animal that many nations across the globe use the lion as a representative of their national character. Yes, the tiger is also good, for me both are equally worthy of respect.

But when you look at a Singh(male Sikh) who does he resemble more, a Lion or a Tiger? the lion is such a noble and beautiful animal that many nations across the globe use the lion as a representative of their national character. Yes, the tiger is also good, for me both are equally worthy of respect.

Yeah a Male sikh looks like a lion,but nat geo has exposed lion so much that we should not think of Sikhs copying anything from Lions

Who didn't want to be a werewolf when they were kids!

an-american-werewolf-in-london.jpg

oookaaayy........maybe it was just me then.......

Edited by dalsingh101