Some Simran/ Meditation Techniques To Remember Our Bapu Ji.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Whenever I meditate,my head drops backward ie.my face moves upward.How can I correct it? As I have read ,head must be straight.So,pls do suggest me!!

Head should be straight and balanced for optimum benefit.

From what I understand so far...... In early stages, in order to help you get deep.... you need to have a good uniform balance both with physical and subtle body.

In later stages when you are in complete silent jap and body is relaxed, you feel weightless, elevated, nirgun and totally antarghat.....then you won't even notice how your head is sitting..... and I believe that most of the time it can sit forward or backward.

It's only when you come out of the meditative state that you should notice how you were sitting.

There are a few tips for helping to maintain the straight, balanced and erect position to start with.....and my first suggestion would be to focus on keeping your back straight and in upright position.

There are people that may disagree with what I'm suggesting and say that it doesn't matter.... but I'm just advising on my own experiences and how I noticed many times that my simran was much more maximized on days that my whole body was balanced or when I had come back from yoga class.

My 2 little tips would be

1) Try and imagine a string attached to the top of your head.....Imagine that string is being held and pulled as if you a puppet and that the doer is puling that string upwards towards him....just let your head go upwards along with the string. !!!.......voila ,,,,your head,neck and back should all be straight and in line.

2) If you keep noticing that your back keeps arching... then try and stick the bottom of your bum base out backwards as if you doing that

'twirking' thing whilst sitting. This should also help if you got a stiff and aching back from sitting.

Seriously... this whole balancing and sitting straight thing has been more than beneficial for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Head should be straight and balanced for optimum benefit.

From what I understand so far...... In early stages, in order to help you get deep.... you need to have a good uniform balance both with physical and subtle body.

In later stages when you are in complete silent jap and body is relaxed, you feel weightless, elevated, nirgun and totally antarghat.....then you won't even notice how your head is sitting..... and I believe that most of the time it can sit forward or backward.

It's only when you come out of the meditative state that you should notice how you were sitting.

There are a few tips for helping to maintain the straight, balanced and erect position to start with.....and my first suggestion would be to focus on keeping your back straight and in upright position.

There are people that may disagree with what I'm suggesting and say that it doesn't matter.... but I'm just advising on my own experiences and how I noticed many times that my simran was much more maximized on days that my whole body was balanced or when I had come back from yoga class.

My 2 little tips would be

1) Try and imagine a string attached to the top of your head.....Imagine that string is being held and pulled as if you a puppet and that the doer is puling that string upwards towards him....just let your head go upwards along with the string. !!!.......voila ,,,,your head,neck and back should all be straight and in line.

2) If you keep noticing that your back keeps arching... then try and stick the bottom of your bum base out backwards as if you doing that

'twirking' thing whilst sitting. This should also help if you got a stiff and aching back from sitting.

Seriously... this whole balancing and sitting straight thing has been more than beneficial for me.

I tried ,even trying your suggestions.Yes,it worked.but after sometime(this time has increased now),head still drops.I am feeling very different things with me.I really dont know how to describe.

I tried ,even trying your suggestions.Yes,it worked.but after sometime(this time has increased now),head still drops.I am feeling very different things with me.I really dont know how to describe.

I would suggest that you try and maintain these postural techniques throughout your day.

I know we get cozy and sloppy on couches all too easily, but these are quite negative in the way they affect our body energies.

The head will still drop into some resting position, but your awareness and correction techniques will have a much more positive effect in my experience.

• 1 month later...

I would suggest that you try and maintain these postural techniques throughout your day.

I know we get cozy and sloppy on couches all too easily, but these are quite negative in the way they affect our body energies.

The head will still drop into some resting position, but your awareness and correction techniques will have a much more positive effect in my experience.

Solid advice. Posture and pose of the body can effect one's state of consciousness. And if one wants to develop a more alert state of consciousness then one should adopt a more alert posture.

Most people will go through this shabad below just conceptually or intellectually. However, there is hidden vidhi in this shabad. This vidhi mentioned in shabad below by sri guru gobind singh ji himself is probably most direct, powerful and highest vidhi-nirgun abhed dhian/smadhi, this is where all vidhi ends.
ਪੂਰਨ ਜੋਤ ਜਗੈ ਘਟ ਮੈ ਤਬ ਖਾਲਸ ਤਾਹਿ ਨਖਾਲਸ ਜਾਨੈ ॥
ਜਾਗਿਤ ਜੋਤਿ ਜਪੈ ਨਿਸ ਬਾਸ੝ਰ ਝਕ ਬਿਨਾ ਮਨ ਨੈਕ ਨ ਆਨੈ ॥
ਪੂਰਨ ਪ੝ਰੇਮ ਪ੝ਰਤੀਤ ਸਜੈ ਬ੝ਰਤ ਗੋਰ ਮੜ੝ਹੀ ਮਟ ਭੂਲ ਨ ਮਾਨੈ ॥
ਤੀਰਥ ਦਾਨ ਦਯਾ ਤਪ ਸੰਜਮ ਝਕ ਬਿਨਾ ਨਹਿ ਝਕ ਪਛਾਨੈ ॥
pooran joth jagai ghatt mai thab khalas thahi nakhalas janai.
jagith joth japai nis basur eaek bina man naik n anai.
pooran praem pratheeth sajai brath gor marrhee matt bhool n manai.
theerathh dhan dhaya thap sanjam eaek bina nehi eaek pashhanai.
Such a man, in whose heart shines the full Divinely Radiant Light is a true a pure Khalsa.
He the Khalsa meditates on the Ever-radiant Light, day and night, and rejects all else but the one Lord from the mind.
He decorates himself with perfect love and faith, and believed not in fasts, tombs, crematoriums and hermit cells, even by mistake.
He knows none except the one Lord in the performance of acts of pilgrimage, charities, compassion, austerities and self-control.
This ever-radiant light/knowledge (Jagad jot) is already in all of us as jot roop our real self as enlightened self realized undivided spacious radiant unconditioned pure jagad (awakened/pure awareness). Seeker needs to stop identifying with conditioned mind thats done by initially by witnessing the thoughts only, in fact no need to stop mind thoughts as mind will automatically fall off, just simply abide in this pure jagad (awakened/pure awareness)- see through world as one in all, all in one- perceive everything manifest rising and subsiding as wave from your real self in real self- awakened-aware-jagad jot- pure ocean of awareness, thats all is required until grace dawns..everything will happen spontaneously and naturally... If you have deep impulse or drawn towards this vidhi you are quite lucky thats grace itself, if not its ok take the vidhi which you are more drawn towards under guidance of panj pyares. Everything is grace-introvert itself grace from satguru, perseverance is also grace from satguru, realisation is also grace from satguru

I would say also naam simran is probably first priority than naam dridh or any jugti/vidhi because naam simran (truth-remembrance which develops bairaag/love) has to be deep-rooted in one first one can go on use naam dridh or various naam jugti/vidhi to do jaap otherwise ego kicks in- start turning this naam dridhi or any vidhi into - sense of accomplishment, stages, spiritual aim, higher or lower state of consciousness, ego camping out at 3rd eye, shabad resonance, dasam dwar. All these higher states are good to have but they are relative truth they are not there from absolute point of view*, and in order to transcendent them (if they come in your path) or abandon need for them you need absolute unconditional love for truth (naam) and bairaag which only naam simran -truth remembrance takes you deeply.

And the beauty of naam simran, there are no technicalities of it- its not vidhi or naam dridh, so anyone can do it as there are no complexities as its remembrance you just honesty, earnestness, absolute desire for truth-naam and slowly truth will throb on you too unexpectedly by absolute truth-Ikongkar. We think as if ikongkar (truth) is dead and relative but truth is alive- HERE AND NOW, this absolute truth- bhramgyan is one in all, all in one- every much happening all the time here and now.

*From absolute truth view/perspective standpoint (Ikongkar/Mool Mantar), there are no relative truths or states its only ONE non dual(Advait-Ikongkar) absolute reality. Just like sea is not aware of its wave (no separate I distinction or relative truths or reality), just like that from absolute view- absolute is not aware of its relative truths/reality It's all ONE in all, ALL in ONE...!!

• 1 month later...

This is from facebook, sant mani singh ji updesh on meditation:

https://www.facebook.com/sriakalbungasahib?fref=nf

Meditation by Sant Baba Mani Singh Ji

People try to tell us their ways of meditation but the real way is when you see the need that you want to become One.
It is like when you separate two people, they want to become one. Day night they think about each other and want to see each other.

In the same way we must have it in us that we want to meditate. There isnt any special practise. Some say you must meditate with the breath, taking it high and then getting the word out and others say you must sit there quietly and some say dont say anything.

But the real meditation is the feeling that it is necessary for me to become One with Him. When this desire arises, then you yourself will create a way of meditation.

- Bachan of Sant Mani Singh Ji, 1996

• 4 weeks later...

Today,I was talking to my grandfather about spirituality.My grandfather's dad was a very gurmukh person.He did a lotttt of kamai in his life.So,we were admiring their efforts and principles.Then I asked my grandmom about their bhagti life.She told me that she did a lot of meditation.She told me that pita ji(with respect) used to do saas graas.They used to get up at 12 am ,then did nitnem and all meditation etc.Pita ji could do nitnem standing on his one leg,etc etc.When they were sleeping,their navel was in an automatic mode reciting guroo in a very loud voice.So,I'm very excited at this point.I somewhere read that It's not a good sign.dunno much about it.so

what does it mean?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On October 18, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Sat1176 said:

I was watching tv the other day and a teacher of another faith made a remark which got me thinking. He said until you don't have inner peace within yourself god will never come before you. Why? He said god knows that you've got troubles in your life and he knows if he came before you and asks what do you want? Most people will say please make this better or take that problem away or can I have this. He said god is above petty thoughts like this so won't waste his time. He said until you don't learn to be content within you will never meet god or have a godly experience.

Simple effective message I thought. Point noted.

I will save this. Thank you 

• 3 months later...