Lets Talk Canadian Elections

As my Canadian Singh Brothers and Kaur Sisters might be aware - Canadian Elections are coming near by starting of may.

I want to get sangat view's on who they be voting for this election. I might go for NDP this election, they have very good agenda, it's people party, if they win(which probably they won't) they would have lots of social programs by scrapping $35 billion dollar jet deal along with bring troops from afghanistan (war for saken country), they are very pro immigrants and also have recognize 1984 as sikh genocide in India.

But i m divided between NDP and Liberal. They will both $35 billion dollar jet deal but one will have the troops in afghanistan, overall they are both good

Punjabi Canadian Mps and their contribution as far as Sikh interest goes:

Ruby Dhalla- she should stick to bollywood movies.. worthless when it comes to politics.

Navdeep Bains- Good man, defended kirpan may be because he was wearing one but didn't say anything or joined his collegue sukh dhaliwal in 1984 speech in Parliament

Sukh Dhaliwal: Mona but ankhi.. man with enough juice despite of his party leader, gave a speech how 1984 should be consider sikh genocide

Gurbax Malhi- Liberal part time side kick hired representative just to get pendu votes or leaders translator for Gurdwara Visit. I gotta be brutal, he should learn french and proper english until then stick to gurdwara politics.

Ujjal Dosanjh: Victim of fascism- feel sorry for him but overall He is an hypocrite comrad type atheist- he should might as well go to India and start doing baut puja of ghandhi dynasty and get more paramchakar awards from India. Sometimes i wonder does he represent Canada or India ? may be Indian lobbyist pushing agenda to Canadian gov't?

Tim Uppal- No Thanks...may be good sikh advertisement figure for dhari and blue turban in midwest and across Canada but thats it.

There is quite bit of hype of this new singh in ndp- jasmeet singh? what his motto? anyone want to fill me in?

Please share your thoughts?

My vote is going to NDP. Before Ignatief I was a Liberal party supporter. But since that coward refused to acknowledge the Sikh holocaust of 1984 I will make it a point to vote NDP.

As you mentioned, NDP are pro immigrants, they are also against the dumb decision to buy all those fighter jets. Why does Canada need those new fighter jets when Canada should spend that money on the economy and job market.

Even though NDP will not win majority but no other party will either. So we should support NDP. Ruby Dhalla is not worth voting for. She hasn't done anything for the Sikh community. Bains is still good. He speaks up for the Kirpan. Sukh Dhaliwal also deserves to win.

Ujjal Dosanjh is the most worthless MP coming from our community. If he is an atheist or whatever he should atleast be fair. If on one hand he is pointing out the acts of violence committed by members of the Sikh community, should he not also point out the acts of violence committed by India? This traitorous man is a big time hypocrite, and more than anyone else he deserves to lose.

Edited by Mithar

Dosanjh goes out of his way to lie and blacken the Sikh community's name so that goray see him as ''tough on terror'' and so that they see him as the type who will say what needs to be said. these are all just cheap tactics to scare up votes and he has lied to make our community look bad before. Last time he won by 20 votes against a conservative candidate. Now that he has seriously ticked off the community he will(hopefully) lose. I've never seen anyone hate on his own community that much. If it was a white guy everyone would be screaming racism. To be honest, I think it is bigotry on this self hating coconut's part. He reminds me of a poodle, always yapping at nothing to compensate for insecurities, but oh so eager to lick his owner's hand.

Sukh Dhaliwal is always a winner, always stands up for the right thing.

NDP can't win in my riding, but I'll vote for them just b/c they'll get a few dollars from my vote. The liberals were really iffy about supporting sikhs on human rights issues b/c they wan't to cozy up to Indian money, but at least NDP will say what needs to be said.

I'm voting for the candidate this time around. The only problem is that each candidate will take the side of their party leader.

Personally, an NDP like social concscience with conservative fiscal policy would be ideal for me. I'm not big on centralized governments, but the NDP policies will make us stronger.

Thanks for invoking an discussion on this, only problem i have with ndp is ndp is flirting with an idea of forming an coalition with Liberals. So at the end of day, even if i vote for NDP.. it may not be standalone party because this election it looks after the votes, liberal will be in close race to beat conservatives fully , there would be lot of backroom deals with ndp. Another issue is that NDP singh its not in my constituency so i cannot vote for him... i guess i need to find out who is the ndp constituent in my area and go from there.

There is even more dilemna for vancouver south apne, even though they may not be conservative at heart, i think they need to make a choice between liberal ujal dosanj (sell out) and conservative lady there, last time it was close race...i am not even close to conservatives.. took that vote compass thing on CBC...miles apart.. but if i was living in vancouver south, i would vote for conservative in that area to send that sell out dosanjh packing home.

As a Sikh every day we ask for sarbat da bhalla in our ardas (benefit of everyone) including us.

We should vote for the party which is first good for general public along with good for visible minorities as well which includes Sikhs.. no point voting for party which is not good for general public but corporations and also give priorities to special interest groups be it- jews, hindus, sikhs, muslism, catholics, atheist etc etc.

While voting, what is more important? Local candidate OR national leader of that party. You may not like local leader, but your vote will affect national policy. Yes, Dosanjh is a sellout, but due to party policy he spoke in favor of right to wear Kirpan.

Things are not easy to decide. Spiritually, Sikhi is more closer to far left. But culturally, we are closer to conservatives. Do not vote if you like or do not like a guy. Vote, understanding that vote is shaping future course of the country.

You have a good point laal singh but constituents in south vancouver, bc may have other option as well- NDP or Green party..anything but Conservatives and liberal in that area.

• 3 weeks later...

Wooooooo... i just voted for NDP yesterday in advance polling... use your vote wisely guys... study the overall parties policies than just limiting yourself to who's in your constituent...i have navdeep singh bains (amritdhari singh) as liberal in my constituent.. but i still voted for gorrah who was representing NDP...it's not about who is standing in your constituent .. but overall parties policies towards benefit of this country and benefit all the people of Canada including sikh interest....!!

I am highly disappointed at Canadian elections results last night not because conservatives won but conservatives won majority..problem with winning majorities of any party is full control...which is scary thought itself as opposition will not be able to vote against and knock out any controversial bills majority government will put forward, they can voice their opinions but cannot knock the bills passing as they are in minorities ....there is no party which could held majority accountable..they can pass any bills they want....oversee bodies can only create reports and create awareness.. that too is in jeopardy as majority govt will try to replace auditor general with their own lapdog. Only Vahiguroo can help this country now and immigrants living in it.

I can understand what you are saying veerjee. The conservative victory is a very disappointing victory. The disappointment is not so much because they won, but because they won majority. Now they have no fear of re election, they can do whatever they want. Canadians are stuck with them. It is good the NDP won so many seats. The liberals lost very badly. Even Ignatief lost his own seat, can't say I sympathize with him though, he deserved to lose after they way he refused to call Sikh genocide as genocide. Ignatief needs to step down and let someone more deserving to take over the liberal leadership. Now that harper has won, we have to live with it. Harper is a real conservative Gora who has no sympathy for minorities. He has a hidden agenda in my opinion.